7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Karnokr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zOld-Chicago-Work-5 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

So I just picked up a real nice Old Chicago. Got it fired up at home and immediatley ran into some issues. I read through a recent thread of the same issue here but everything I tried from that thread did not solve the problem. I do have the schematic and have been using it. So let's start by saying that I can't get any credits from depositing a quarter. In the meantime I've just been adding credits manually to the credit reel. So I push the play button and the game resets the scores (no matter how many players have scored, it resets all of them), it gets ready for the ball, but it does not kick it out. So I enter the ball manually. On the Old Chicago it scores everytime dropping down through the top lanes. That energizes the ball index relay, every time. All the scoring works good, the bonuses, etc. Now the ball drains. It closes the outhole switch (checked with DVM and cleaned), the bonus is added, score tallied, ball index relay shuts off, and thats it. The outhole relay never energizes, the ball count never advances. If I manually move the outhole relay the game advances and the ball count moves and if on multiplayer the player changes. I've gone through and cleaned all the switches on all the relays and discs and visually checked contact on all of them. This machine is really clean and it didn't need a whole lot of cleaning. Checked over the jones plugs, fuses, manually checked each circuit function (such as tilt, scoring, etc). My mind is boggled and I need a new direction to go. Please help!

#2 7 years ago

Check the "0" relay on the bottom board.
    It should release when the bonus gets to 0 or O in this case.
    It is released by a switch on the bonus unit, that in combination with the outhole should get the ball "rolling" again.

#3 7 years ago

Hi Karnokr, wizardblom +
    I happen to like to do some "work in MS-Paint" in JPGs - from the ipdb-schematics I made "JPG to support wizardblom".

The sequence / succession is "light-green - dark-green - light-blue - dark-blue". It works fine when Karnokr manally "makes the dark-blue" - he manually activates the Outhole-Relay and so the (dark-blue) Switch closes (as the Outhole-Relay-Armature is moved).
    To check is the "encircled light-blue" stuff - Switches on Bonus-Unit and "Switch on Out-Bonus-Relay". Greetings Rolf

zOld-Chicago-Work-5 (resized).jpgzOld-Chicago-Work-5 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Wow, you guys are good! It was a switch on the bonus unit, just enough out of adjustment. I adjusted it and it now kicks the ball out. Unfortunately, now I am not getting the ball count to advance. On to diagnose that.

#5 7 years ago

Problem solved. When I cleaned all the switches yesterday, there was a switch on the extra ball relay (NC, between wire 14-2 R-G and wire 90-3 GRAY) that was physically working but not making a circuit. Ball and players now advance as normal. Again, thank you both wizardblom and rolf.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-chicago-outhole-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.