Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4E085223-5E9D-406F-BA4A-CA529074978A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
overthetop (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Hello to all!

After somewhat bringing back to life this game, I ran into a particular issue, the whole array of (match) lights from the backglass, 10, 20, 30... etc. don't lit neither the lights that lit when you go over 100k points. What would you suggest me to check? The matching unit clicks fine when some targets are hit. Oh... also the buzzer that comes with the 100k scoring doesn't buzz.

As usual, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best,

~ja

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

the whole array of (match) lights from the backglass, 10, 20, 30... etc. don't lit

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Oh... also the buzzer that comes with the 100k scoring doesn't buzz.

Do the 1st (2nd, 3rd, 4th) Player 100,000 relay(s) activate when this happens?

6 months later
#4 2 years ago

Bringing back this post from the dead, I was able to make the game light the 10, 20, 30... etc. lights at the end of the game thank you!

But... still, the 100k buzz won't come out at a 100k score, it will buzz at 20k on player 4 and at 60k on player 3. Any idea?

Many thanks!

~ja

#5 2 years ago

Check that the 9th position switches on the 10000pt wheels are working properly:
overthetop (resized).pngoverthetop (resized).png

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from sizteves:

Check that the 9th position switches on the 10000pt wheels are working properly:
[quoted image]

I will, but still... why it will buzz on player 3 at 60k and on player 4 at 20k when on player 1 and 2 doesn't buzz at all

Thanks!

~ja

#7 2 years ago

Actually... I just recheck the game, Player 1 no buz at all, Player 2 buzzes at 90 k, player 3 buzzes at the correct score, 100k, player 4 buzzes at 90k and at 100k. Huh? I'm a bit confused on which switches I should check...

Thanks for any input will be appreciated!

best,

~ja

#8 2 years ago

Your 10K reel on player 1 never sets the needed switch to the "9" position (possible broken plastic notch on reel, or badly aligned switch...and the other player reels reach the "9" position too early due to miss-alignment.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

Your 10K reel on player 1 never sets the needed switch to the "9" position (possible broken plastic notch on reel, or badly aligned switch...and the other player reels reach the "9" position too early due to miss-alignment.[quoted image]

Thank you! but the reel that trigger the buzz is the 10k one only, right?

Thanks again!

~ja

#10 2 years ago

So just a small update, i adjusted the 9th position switches of all the 10k reels and the buzz works at the 100k for player 2,3 and 4. Player 1 doesn’t buzz

Any hints of what should i look for?

Thanks!

~ja

#11 2 years ago

Sooo… i jumped the 9th switch wire (brown / yellow) from player 1 to the 9th switch wire of player 3 (same color code) and now player 1 buzzes correctly… so i guess there is a broken wire somewhere, right?

Thoughts? thanks!

~ja

4E085223-5E9D-406F-BA4A-CA529074978A (resized).jpeg4E085223-5E9D-406F-BA4A-CA529074978A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-chicago-match-lights-and-100k-score-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.