View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
B361CD29-6D7F-43A7-8E8F-B06AA66C0F04 (resized).jpeg
C04AA558-2578-45E1-9712-3D86AA893867 (resized).jpeg
8BC37A7B-E449-4520-99A8-3FB8FFB90AC7 (resized).jpeg
9E77D176-B393-4536-B3A7-BA2379C167A5 (resized).jpeg
E98AF057-49CA-4593-AFD4-C07CB676A167 (resized).jpeg
8A10C776-C4EE-4C73-9278-B7C7A1AAB8CD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 1 year ago

If nothing else seems off...
Could be a defective new EOS switch, I've had new switches that were shorted internally.
Maybe try the old one and see if it's better and then order another new one?

#19 1 year ago

I think with these two wires it really doesn't matter if you switch the wires on the lugs on the switch.
It's a normally closed switch with two wires that should open when the flipper is in the up position.
So either way it opens the switch so really shouldn't matter.
Unless those wires are going to the wrong place on the coils but I think that has been verified.
All I can think of is that coil somehow got shorted or there is a cold solder joint on the thin wires coming from the coil itself.
Maybe a new coil or taking a closer look at those connections.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from fireball2:

In my experience, flipper buzz like that is almost always mechanical in nature: loose coil stop, wrong sleeve, etc.
The old stuff prolly just fit better.

That is odd but perhaps those parts just wore to perfection! LOL Only thing else I could think of is there was some slop in the coil bracket or coil stop causing the buzz with the new parts. Coils get kinda warm when holding the flipper, a lot so unless it was getting really hot it might not have been an issue, but that buzz is annoying. Wonder if you put in the new parts made sure all was snug, and the coil could not move at all in the bracket it might stop buzzing after you play it for a while. Like when the new parts get broke in a bit. Anyway, sounds like you at least eliminated any miswiring or short issue or anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-chicago-flipper-rebuild-problem?tu=homebrood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.