I really need help with an Old Chicago that I am working on. I have spent tens of hours on my own trying to resolve bonus score problems to no avail. Here is a summary of the various items that have left me knocking my head on the wall the past couple of weeks:
* When the game starts up, everything seems to reset normally but then the game puts 1000 points on the score reel and increments the bonus ladder by 1 position just before kicking the ball out.
* The game puts another 1000 points on the reel and increments the bonus ladder by 1 position just before kicking out each subsequent ball.
* On ball three (which lights the double outhole bonus) when the ball drains, the bonus ladder INCREMENTS and scores indefinitely. I have to turn the game off at this point.
* Bonus collection when the ball drains is slow, erratic and always too much, though there does not seem to be a predictable pattern to the incorrect amount.
* The middle “collect bonus” saucer INCREMENTS the bonus (adding to the score sometimes the same amount that it increments by, other times some other amount) rather than scoring the lit amount and leaving the bonus ladder unchanged
* Every second drop target dropped is increasing the bonus ladder by 1 position. (Based on videos, I don't believe the drop targets should affect the bonus.ladder)
* Dropping the 5th target will increment the bonus 5 more times.
* The collect bonus saucer increments the bonus by 5 positions.
* The top hole (when not lit supposed to score 500 and increment bonus by 1) scores 1500 and increments bonus by 1 or 2 positions. When lit (for 5000) it scores 7000.
The wipers on the bonus unit had clearly been messed with by a prior owner. They were bent poorly. I did my best to straighten and properly tension them. I also cleaned and adjusted the switches on the bonus unit.
I have cleaned and adjusted darn near every switch contact on every relay on the motherboard as well as each cam on the score motor. I have done this on several EM projects with good results, simultaneously clearing up gameplay issues and making everything snappier in the process. This time not so much. All that work and the issues I started with are still there.