Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CoinMachine.JPG
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_6012 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6009 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6005 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6004 (resized).JPG
    E566D5C4-49E2-43B4-94F3-49A1A657C4B9 (resized).jpeg
    100_4435 (resized).jpg
    39BDC374-7F36-4B0F-881D-147B9282A0B7 (resized).jpeg
    F19E6206-5A31-4BE3-8198-10562D91FDA0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20191124_200921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Looprunner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Do people collect old change machines? I have four of these machines and ten extra hoppers. Unfortunately, I can't find the keys to put in the hoppers and see if they still work. I currently use them as props in my game room. I'm curious if others have change machines in their game rooms.

IMG_20191124_200921 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_200921 (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Yes, some people do collect those.
    As to not having keys, it's time to get out the drill and drill out the lock core (or simply pick it open).

Yep, that's the plan if I can't find them. Still looking!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

I made mine into a liquor cabinet.
    Took everything out and put mirrors and shelves in it.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's great!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from 64bsstp:

What? Nobody has an old Rowe "light drawer" model? Or, the BC-8 with all the coin tubes? Cool stuff. If the lock cylinder is a National lock hit the center post that the key turns on to the side with a screwdriver and hammer. The guts will pull out and you can look in and push the locking tab to unlock it. Takes 30 seconds.

I plan on trying to knock out my lock over the holiday. I'm certain it'll take me more than 30 seconds. LOL.

Lots of good ideas! I like the liquor cabinet idea. My wife said I can keep one of the change machines and make it a liquor cabinet.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If you’ve got any that you’re selling I’d be interested in helping!

I'm not really interested in selling them. Once I get them open and working I would def be up for trading a couple of them. I only need one. They were working before they went in storage but I'd like to verify first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Looprunner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-change-machines?tu=Looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.