Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CoinMachine.JPG
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_6012 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6009 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6005 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6004 (resized).JPG
    E566D5C4-49E2-43B4-94F3-49A1A657C4B9 (resized).jpeg
    100_4435 (resized).jpg
    39BDC374-7F36-4B0F-881D-147B9282A0B7 (resized).jpeg
    F19E6206-5A31-4BE3-8198-10562D91FDA0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20191124_200921 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Do people collect old change machines? I have four of these machines and ten extra hoppers. Unfortunately, I can't find the keys to put in the hoppers and see if they still work. I currently use them as props in my game room. I'm curious if others have change machines in their game rooms.

IMG_20191124_200921 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_200921 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Yes, some people do collect those.

As to not having keys, it's time to get out the drill and drill out the lock core (or simply pick it open).

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Yes, some people do collect those.
    As to not having keys, it's time to get out the drill and drill out the lock core (or simply pick it open).

Yep, that's the plan if I can't find them. Still looking!

#4 4 years ago

I made mine into a liquor cabinet.
    Took everything out and put mirrors and shelves in it.

39BDC374-7F36-4B0F-881D-147B9282A0B7 (resized).jpeg39BDC374-7F36-4B0F-881D-147B9282A0B7 (resized).jpegF19E6206-5A31-4BE3-8198-10562D91FDA0 (resized).jpegF19E6206-5A31-4BE3-8198-10562D91FDA0 (resized).jpeg
    #5 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

Took everything out and put mirrors and shelves in it.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's great!

#6 4 years ago

I see a Ringer in the background.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I see a Ringer in the background.

i was just about to say...

i have two non-updated Rowes (BC-1 and BC-25) and a Hamilton (semi-works); i plan on getting one or two up and running to the point where i can put it/them at one of my locations since having a change machine generally boosts coin drop. whatever is left over will likely become my push-button token dispenser for the home arcade. of course, too darn many projects and all three are in the "someday" pile.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from mc300baud:

i was just about to say...
    i have two non-updated Rowes (BC-1 and BC-25) and a Hamilton (semi-works); i plan on getting one or two up and running to the point where i can put it/them at one of my locations since having a change machine generally boosts coin drop. whatever is left over will likely become my push-button token dispenser for the home arcade. of course, too darn many projects and all three are in the "someday" pile.

Whoa, very cool! I have an old very skinny Rowes BC-25 too and I would love to update it to accept modern bills, but I have no clue how to. I’m not experienced with these at all.
    I just put my very first pin out on location and a change machine would definitely help increase coin drop!
    I also have an old Pepsi Dixie Narco 240M, which would be great to upgrade to take new bills too! I wasn’t sure if that was possible at all. Is there a thread to ask and get help with these, since I know change machines aren’t really the purpose of Pinside. Although it would be preferable to stay here

#9 4 years ago

I have a change machine that would have been placed next to coke machines.Back when cokes were a nickel . If you wanted a coke and did not have the nickel you would have to find one of these changers. The coin changer inside coke machines was not invented yet,so you had to have a nickel.

100_4435 (resized).jpg100_4435 (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago

I have a BC-25 that I converted to a BC-3500? I think? Anyways, I updated the innards and CCC so it'll take the new $5s, $10s, and $20s, and gives the 'fast payout'. I'll get a pic next time I'm down there.

I DO need a Rowe Hopper, if anyone has any available. *ahem*

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from plgg3:

I have a change machine that would have been placed next to coke machines.Back when cokes were a nickel .

This is very cool!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from plgg3:

I have a change machine that would have been placed next to coke machines.Back when cokes were a nickel . If you wanted a coke and did not have the nickel you would have to find one of these changers. The coin changer inside coke machines was not invented yet,so you had to have a nickel.[quoted image]

Nice. Never seen one of those

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from plgg3:

If you wanted a coke and did not have the nickel you would have to find one of these changers.

I like the vintage one like yours..
    I'm picking up a vintage nickel change machine made by Seeburg.
    It'll be going next to the nickel slot machine..

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Whoa, very cool! I have an old very skinny Rowes BC-25 too and I would love to update it to accept modern bills, but I have no clue how to. I’m not experienced with these at all.
    I just put my very first pin out on location and a change machine would definitely help increase coin drop!
    I also have an old Pepsi Dixie Narco 240M, which would be great to upgrade to take new bills too! I wasn’t sure if that was possible at all. Is there a thread to ask and get help with these, since I know change machines aren’t really the purpose of Pinside. Although it would be preferable to stay here

Capital Vending (I highly recommend them) makes retrofit/update kits for just about every bill changer out there. Here's your BC-25 kit:

https://www.capitalvending.com/kitrbc202525mcboard.html?category_id=871

They can even assist you in updating your soda machine to take newer currency.

Capital Vending also sells some of their kits on ebay.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

Took everything out and put mirrors and shelves in it.[quoted image][quoted image]

That Is absolutely awesome. And now I’m inspired to do the same.

#16 4 years ago

Built one into the game room wall a number of years ago. Fully restored and functional.

E566D5C4-49E2-43B4-94F3-49A1A657C4B9 (resized).jpegE566D5C4-49E2-43B4-94F3-49A1A657C4B9 (resized).jpeg
    #17 4 years ago

I've also got an old Rowe BC-12. I keep meaning to add an external button somewhere to kick out tokens but never get around to it. I'd also like to add the quarter slot as well, since this one wasn't equipped.

But it's always been a low priority thing.

-Hans

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Capital Vending (I highly recommend them) makes retrofit/update kits for just about every bill changer out there. Here's your BC-25 kit:

Thank you so much! What a huge help, Pinside is the best!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Built one into the game room wall a number of years ago. Fully restored and functional.[quoted image]

The paint job is incredibly reminiscent of Atari. How cool!

#19 4 years ago

Cool thread!

#20 4 years ago

Here's mine. It normally sits in the ticket booth with Shirley.

IMG_6004 (resized).JPGIMG_6004 (resized).JPGIMG_6005 (resized).JPGIMG_6005 (resized).JPGIMG_6009 (resized).JPGIMG_6009 (resized).JPGIMG_6012 (resized).JPGIMG_6012 (resized).JPG
    #21 4 years ago

What? Nobody has an old Rowe "light drawer" model? Or, the BC-8 with all the coin tubes? Cool stuff. If the lock cylinder is a National lock hit the center post that the key turns on to the side with a screwdriver and hammer. The guts will pull out and you can look in and push the locking tab to unlock it. Takes 30 seconds.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from 64bsstp:

What? Nobody has an old Rowe "light drawer" model? Or, the BC-8 with all the coin tubes? Cool stuff. If the lock cylinder is a National lock hit the center post that the key turns on to the side with a screwdriver and hammer. The guts will pull out and you can look in and push the locking tab to unlock it. Takes 30 seconds.

I plan on trying to knock out my lock over the holiday. I'm certain it'll take me more than 30 seconds. LOL.

Lots of good ideas! I like the liquor cabinet idea. My wife said I can keep one of the change machines and make it a liquor cabinet.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

I plan on trying to knock out my lock over the holiday. I'm certain it'll take me more than 30 seconds. LOL.
    Lots of good ideas! I like the liquor cabinet idea. My wife said I can keep one of the change machines and make it a liquor cabinet.

If you’ve got any that you’re selling I’d be interested in helping!

Quoted from KenLayton:

WOW, upgrading those is incredibly pricey

#24 4 years ago

The reason for the expense is in some cases new control boards, new wire harnesses, and Mars bill acceptor are needed in addition to the Capital Vending made mounting brackets/adapter plates. Rowe no longer supports these old changers. You're lucky companies like Capital Vending are around which do support these changers (and other brands too).

#25 4 years ago

Very compact, but does the job.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If you’ve got any that you’re selling I’d be interested in helping!

I'm not really interested in selling them. Once I get them open and working I would def be up for trading a couple of them. I only need one. They were working before they went in storage but I'd like to verify first.

#27 4 years ago

I have some Rowe parts up on ebay priced to sell... let me know on PM if anyone is interested in anything and I can work a deal out with you

ebay.com link: usr

#28 4 years ago

I don't collet them, but I have one in my arcade. Currently, it is loaded with Chuck E Cheese tokens. I don't have my arcade machines set on free play, so I let people partake in the "thrill" of dropping tokens to play. I replaced with bill feeder with a pair of buttons for a $1 and $5 coin drops.

CoinMachine.JPGCoinMachine.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-change-machines?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.