625B6520-8377-4972-8018-7344BB80BB2F (resized).jpeg
4FBFC979-0FC9-49C7-AAFE-B08301EAAA39.jpeg
AC0E0A8A-44D1-4D11-B7FA-1AFF17FEA61D.jpeg
image (resized).jpg
D7965E2E-E0A6-404C-90A5-4CD28BE2C64A (resized).jpeg
7064064A-6A90-4B5C-9E4D-67928E1BE340 (resized).jpeg
20210418_224703 (resized).jpg
20210418_224709 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 3 years ago

I have 2 pallets stacked 6 feet high of sports cards. Cards have been dead for years but hear they are making a comeback. Might be a good time to trade for a pin or cash out.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You can open the box you just can’t open the packs.
Yeah the main deal with verification of boxes and grading of cards is you don’t get in a buyer and seller back and forth feud over condition since most purchases now are online. And some folks want - the best!
Maybe look at things like this - Regular key cards in nice condition are worth money. Top graded cards of stars are worth more money and even top grades commons are valuable for set collectors. This is why folks like looking for fresh cards in packs.
Which leads to an older unopened wax box being worth money because folks have memories of ripping packs back in the day so they can keep the packs sealed in the box, open the packs for fun or open them to look for key cards and commons to grade. Verified boxes are worth more because a respected baseball card shop checks the packs to make sure they were not opened an resealed. Good to know before you lay out almost $10,000 for a 1980 topps wax box. A non verified 1980 box is still valuable but you are on your own with the purchase. And these were $.20 a pack/36 per box back in the day, so.......yeah.
Also with wax boxes a rarity happens because as they get opened the numbers of them go down. New cases of card finds are disappearing as value goes up and more and more enter the market - like Pinball - where the did warehouse finds go??
Even mass produced junk boxes with no key cards are gaining value as folks like to have some to open for fun.
Yeah sure it’s weird but if enough people do it it’s a thing until it’s not. Hope this helped.

I still have a bunch of unopened boxes. I sat on them once the market tanked and actually forgot I had them. I need to pull it all out but to be honest unboxing 2 skids of crap does not sound appealing to me.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Unopened boxes = $$$. Don’t open even one pack out of a box and look value up first. Go on eBay and enter “BBCE” to get a value on verified boxes from Baseball Card Exchange.
I mean I think going over some of that stuff would be fun. Hope you and your family are doing well Woody!

I know I have 89 and 90 upper deck and fleer. They look to bring decent money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-baseball-cards-?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.