By Billc479

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 2 years ago

Are any of you out there? I am at a point in my life where I realize I will never get to all of my projects, including refurbishing a Motorola 40's console radio. It is AM only, working the last time I plugged it in (I know, we've all heard that before). Regardless, I want to give it someone who collects and repairs these things.

The cabinet has delaminated, and cannot support itself anymore. (High moisture storage). If you want it, come and get it. All the pieces of the cabinet are there - the speaker cover has a rip in it, but the speaker was not damaged. The chassis appears to be OK. The capacitors are likely dried out - I had planned on hollowing out the cans, and insert modern caps inside of the can, so appearance wise, it looks original. I don't think this can be shipped, so plan on picking it up.

Just as aside, I will be posting more items that I need to get rid of, including components and other misc. parts. If a pile of stuff matches an existing string, I will post it there. I am not looking to make any money off of it - I am just looking for space and wanting to dispose of stuff while I have control of it, which means I want it to go to someone who will use it. I don't want to see it thrown away - and that's what will happen after I'm gone.

PM me if interested.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-30-s-40-s-radio-enthusiasts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.