0FDD1C21-77B6-453C-86FB-981C835EDC30 (resized).jpeg
CF41E053-800B-42F0-8BDB-829A992E5B27 (resized).jpeg
4D1C8739-1E1C-4EAE-B105-1AEEBCD948F9 (resized).jpeg
20220728_163751 (resized).jpg
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

What’s the lead time on these? My game is supposed to come in October (which I found fitting)

#52 1 year ago

Otto is in and passed with flying colors by the most important critic…..
Big winner!

CF41E053-800B-42F0-8BDB-829A992E5B27 (resized).jpegCF41E053-800B-42F0-8BDB-829A992E5B27 (resized).jpeg
#53 1 year ago

Is this still available? Next run?

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Big winner!
[quoted image]

That was taken in Helen wasn't it? I've made the trip there a few years ago.

#55 1 year ago

Josh, the race is on between you and me for a 3D printed plunger handle or bumper car figures Mod. So far I havn't figured one out yet but perhaps you will. It's that dang top car that makes it so impossible.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Is this still available? Next run?

Quoted from doc5md:

What’s the lead time on these? My game is supposed to come in October (which I found fitting)

You can email me to get on the list, the list continues to grow, and production is slow, so only those with patience … I would estimate those getting on the list now are looking at late fall.

Quoted from Pyromedic:

Big winner!
[quoted image]

Hearing her excitement on the clip was a great way to start my day.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

That was taken in Helen wasn't it? I've made the trip there a few years ago.

Yes, we go every year, We live only 30 min away. Hit us up if you come up again.

Quoted from rosh:

Hearing her excitement on the clip was a great way to start my day.

I'm glad I was able to catch that. Hands down here favorite game!

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Yes, we go every year, We live only 30 min away. Hit us up if you come up again.

I'm glad I was able to catch that. Hands down here favorite game!

Thanks to this thread, we're heading to Helen, GA for Labor Day (everything is booked up during Oktoberfest. Go figure.)

We just celebrated our anniversary in Munich. A small taste of Bavaria within driving distance will be welcomed.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from domvertorix:

Thanks to this thread, we're heading to Helen, GA for Labor Day (everything is booked up during Oktoberfest. Go figure.)
We just celebrated our anniversary in Munich. A small taste of Bavaria within driving distance will be welcomed.

Coming from TN be sure to stop at a Muscadine Vineyard on the way and give it a try. I really enjoyed its unique taste and can't find it here.

1 week later
#60 1 year ago

Josh, Received Otto yesterday and installed him this morning. Thanks to his inspiration I logged my 4th highest score and for only the second time in three years, made it to the “Stein Slinging” level. Danke schoen!

0FDD1C21-77B6-453C-86FB-981C835EDC30 (resized).jpeg0FDD1C21-77B6-453C-86FB-981C835EDC30 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#61 1 year ago

The third batch of Ottos are now on their way . . .

IMG_6884 (resized).JPGIMG_6884 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#62 1 year ago

Thanks Josh, looks so great

#63 1 year ago

Has anybody seen Otto not working correctly,I had to shave the slope on ottos arm ramps to get Otto to move smoothly?

No biggie and just love the mod.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anybody seen Otto not working correctly,I had to shave the slope on ottos arm ramps to get Otto to move smoothly?

Which ring do you have? Does it have the extra piece on the underside? I changed the ring at one point to be slightly lower/thinner since depending on the height of the bar top vs the metal plate it could create issues, primarily for left handed Ottos. The thinner rings don’t have that extra piece.

#65 1 year ago

Mine was stuttering a bit so I put a piece of packing tape on one the slopes of the ring. Much smoother after that.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I had the same issue initially but noticed the ring wasn't tightly screwed down (and had some slop to it). Once the ring was firmly down, the issue went away.

Thanks again Josh for the fantastic mod!

3 weeks later
#67 1 year ago

Six batches of Ottos have gone out and I’m working on the final batch now. The last batch had an Otto with a custom beard that was commissioned as a gift for Nitro’s Tommy Floyd, it was just shared with Tommy so I can now share some photos.

38AD0181-E0E1-4718-B181-0A629BBBA9BF (resized).jpeg38AD0181-E0E1-4718-B181-0A629BBBA9BF (resized).jpeg

3151EC11-2727-48EE-9271-FDF02809E426 (resized).jpeg3151EC11-2727-48EE-9271-FDF02809E426 (resized).jpeg1CC22830-47D3-4D20-8450-E9DCAAC0828E (resized).jpeg1CC22830-47D3-4D20-8450-E9DCAAC0828E (resized).jpeg 8A007A30-FA56-4481-9927-2840F9ABD0C1 (resized).jpeg8A007A30-FA56-4481-9927-2840F9ABD0C1 (resized).jpeg

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Six batches of Ottos have gone out and I’m working on the final batch now.

When you say "final batch" do you mean to catch up to orders, that you will not be making any more after this, or something else?

(looks at presently hemorrhaging wallet...)

I hope this isn't the last of them.

#69 1 year ago

This is what I love about Pinsiders!!
The ingenuity and artistic abilities are amazing!

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

When you say "final batch" do you mean to catch up to orders, that you will not be making any more after this, or something else?
(looks at presently hemorrhaging wallet...)
I hope this isn't the last of them.

Final batch, which is now delayed a bit due to being to cold in the garage to clear coat, meaning all orders will be filled. Will be moving on to other projects, but if I get enough requests at some point I’ll likely do another batch. I’ll probably have two or three leftover from this batch.

#71 1 year ago

I thought had commented on this before, maybe there was another thread, or maybe I'm having pre-coffee hallucinations, but just in case I want to tell you how fantastic an upgrade this is rosh

You might say you're not much of a 3D modeler, but I disagree because you have a little character with so much, well, character, and he's got built in mechanical animatronics? Amazing.

I'm just still in awe, even after owning a 3D printer for years, at the ability to create custom plastic on demand. This is clearly something that would have been so much more difficult to take on without it. And even the mundane uses constantly pop up.

We just remodeled our bathroom and want to put all our shampoo and soaps etc into nice, clean smoked-grey bottles. Get rid of all the branding clutter in the shower. So when I sat down at my desk this morning I measured the mouth of the bottles and whipped up a quickie custom funnel model to make them easy to fill. Printing behind me as I type.

It's just a little thing, and yet, I'll put it in a drawer in the bathroom and every time we need to refill them there will be a nice custom fitting tool to make it easier.

World is a crazy place, but it's a pretty neat time to be a maker.

#72 1 year ago

Just got my machine today, Otto was getting cramped in that box.

Much love to you rosh for not only making a great Otto but an amazing game experience. This one is a keeper.

IMG_20221222_144540514 (resized).jpgIMG_20221222_144540514 (resized).jpg
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought had commented on this before, maybe there was another thread, or maybe I'm having pre-coffee hallucinations, but just in case I want to tell you how fantastic an upgrade this is rosh
You might say you're not much of a 3D modeler, but I disagree because you have a little character with so much, well, character, and he's got built in mechanical animatronics? Amazing.
I'm just still in awe, even after owning a 3D printer for years, at the ability to create custom plastic on demand. This is clearly something that would have been so much more difficult to take on without it. And even the mundane uses constantly pop up.
We just remodeled our bathroom and want to put all our shampoo and soaps etc into nice, clean smoked-grey bottles. Get rid of all the branding clutter in the shower. So when I sat down at my desk this morning I measured the mouth of the bottles and whipped up a quickie custom funnel model to make them easy to fill. Printing behind me as I type.
It's just a little thing, and yet, I'll put it in a drawer in the bathroom and every time we need to refill them there will be a nice custom fitting tool to make it easier.
World is a crazy place, but it's a pretty neat time to be a maker.

Thanks for he nice comments, sculpting Otto was an fun learning experience and I do think it is a big improvement over the original. As you said, nice thing with the 3D printer is you never know what you will use it for. My mother-in-law fell and broke her wrist, my wife commented about needing to get her a playing card holder so she could still play in her card game. A few hours later I was pulling it off the printer and sending it off.

BTW, while it might make it less impressive in some ways, the coolness of the arms moving is really in its simplicity. You should check you the 'installation video' posted in this thread, which shows how the arm movement works.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Thanks for he nice comments, sculpting Otto was an fun learning experience and I do think it is a big improvement over the original. As you said, nice thing with the 3D printer is you never know what you will use it for. My mother-in-law fell and broke her wrist, my wife commented about needing to get her a playing card holder so she could still play in her card game. A few hours later I was pulling it off the printer and sending it off.
BTW, while it might make it less impressive in some ways, the coolness of the arms moving is really in its simplicity. You should check you the 'installation video' posted in this thread, which shows how the arm movement works.

It is a huge improvement Josh and the genius and simplicity on how you designed the arms is brilliant. Amazing upgrade to an amazing game.

#75 1 year ago

Even my wife was impressed when she noticed him today. I quote...

Wow, look at him drinking his beer!

#76 1 year ago

rosh - if you dont mind sharing, what brand/tint is the paint for Otto's shirt? I have a small spot on an elbow I'd like to touch up.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from domvertorix:

rosh - if you dont mind sharing, what brand/tint is the paint for Otto's shirt? I have a small spot on an elbow I'd like to touch up.

Folkart light periwinkle 640

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Folkart light periwinkle 640

BA318C86-233B-43FE-9BFF-6C7CD24AF5DB.gifBA318C86-233B-43FE-9BFF-6C7CD24AF5DB.gif
#79 1 year ago

rosh I have a scuff on Otto's hat I'd like to touch-up - would you mind sharing that color please and thanks!

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

rosh I have a scuff on Otto's hat I'd like to touch-up - would you mind sharing that color please and thanks!

That’s actually a mixed color, and slightly different across batches. Americana holly green mixed with a bit of black is what I have most recently used.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Final batch, which is now delayed a bit due to being to cold in the garage to clear coat, meaning all orders will be filled. Will be moving on to other projects, but if I get enough requests at some point I’ll likely do another batch. I’ll probably have two or three leftover from this batch.

Oh no! I just finally got an Oktoberfest on its way to me and I wanted to place an order. Please tell me I can still order one! Awesome work!

1 week later
#82 1 year ago

Same here, if you ever start up a new batch or still taking names, let me know. Your revamped Otto looks great.

#83 1 year ago

So much better than the original, I can’t imagine owning an Oktoberfest without him!

If painting is the bottleneck perhaps you could sell an unpainted version?

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

If painting is the bottleneck perhaps you could sell an unpainted version?

If this is the case, as you rosh have released a couple of the paint colors, would you perhaps list the remaining paint colors. I'm going to purchase the two you've listed and if there is a couple of the others on the store shelf at the same time I might as well buy them too! TIA

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Same here, if you ever start up a new batch or still taking names, let me know. Your revamped Otto looks great.

Still trying to finish off this last batch, but between my daughter being home from college and taking over the basement and cold weather, it’s been a challenge. Regardless I'll add you to the list and if I get enough interest, I'll do another batch in a couple of months. I do feel the original Otto figurine is a crime against Oktoberfest, so, will be hard for me to ignore requests.

1 month later
#86 11 months ago

If you do have the time and motivation to make another batch, please add me to the list. Finally getting the game and will have a hard time unseeing your new & improved Otto.

#87 11 months ago

Me too, I'm interested if you have the time & motivation for another run.

#88 11 months ago

I need one as well

#89 11 months ago

Otto is a great addition to the game! Danke @rosh!

Otto 2 (resized).jpgOtto 2 (resized).jpg

#90 11 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

If you do have the time and motivation to make another batch, please add me to the list. Finally getting the game and will have a hard time unseeing your new & improved Otto.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Me too, I'm interested if you have the time & motivation for another run.

Quoted from AMSNL:

I need one as well

I expect to make another batch, after I finally finish the current one; been waiting for good weather and any time we have had it, I was out of town. It would be hard for me to deny so many requests to fix such a wrong as the original Otto head. However, it is best to send a PM to get on the list, and indicate, left, right or both.

11 months later
#91 15 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Otto is a great addition to the game! Danke @rosh!
[quoted image]

Know this is an older post, but really love the colored guides. Is that powder-coated, any other pictures of your play-field? Looks like you put a lot of love into it.

On the list for this mod, hope there is a re-run this year

#92 9 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Know this is an older post, but really love the colored guides. Is that powder-coated, any other pictures of your play-field? Looks like you put a lot of love into it. ...

Thanks - Oktoberfest deserves lots of love!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/33#post-7355536

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
5,900 (OBO)
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-s-otto-reimagined/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.