pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

There's a depiction of two women being sexually assaulted by a monkey on this game, just why? Not anything I'd ever purchase, definitely not something I'd deem as being "family friendly"
[quoted image]

can an animal/monkey be charged with sexual assault?

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t believe we are having this discussion on a pinball forum. But yes, that is legally definable as misdemeanour sexual assault.

legally. they gonna lock dogs up now or their owners?

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wonder if people would think about it differently if it was a priest grabbing two boys asses. I feel people are a lot more tolerant of a hot woman being sexually assaulted by a man or a monkey than a boy being sexually assaulted by a priest, but in the end, it's really the same thing. We are teaching our kids about consent and asking before they touch, in part so they don't get sexually assaulted... and that image just isn't what a lot of parents, businesses and women are going to want in their house/business, it makes it really only a bachelor and bar game. They can keep the sexy and get rid of the creepy and sell more games. There's always a small market for aftermarket x-rated translites for those that want them.

makes sense now. you are from seattle. ap please make a seattle and california edition. problem solved

#231 5 years ago

spank that monkey!

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

@ pinbum, I don't trust monkeys... and chimpanzees are a close second... those bastards can rip yer face off.
But the big loser in all this is not the monkey, or the cartoon women in the backglass, or the SJW's, or the snowflakes, or the monkey supporters or the anti monkey or anti-anti monkey supporters but API.
All my pinball friends agree this is bad news for API which is bad news for pinball. Whether this hurt OF sales can not really be calculated, but one thing is sure, it has changed people's perception of the company and not in ways one would classify as beneficial to the bottom line. I guess the ultimate FU to all this for us pinball consumers is that a simple sight gag on a bg could actually cause sales to tank and if API goes under, we all lose. Now how silly would that be?

mr iceberg sales will only tank if gameplay sucks. bottom line. a few people putting the art under a microscope making a big bruhhaha over nothing. ap has acted and is changing the art. no big deal to me either way. i am glad they did change it as i would hate a company to lose 1 sale over something so small. as far as women and pinball i have seen the most utmost respect for women in all the times i have been at tournaments smh!

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A friend of mine who is an op is ordering three for his NYC route.
He also bought three WWEs for the same purpose so not sure how sound his judgement is.

there is an ass for every seat.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The problem is not the monkey people. The problem is the decision to include it. The artist, the designer, and all the other API management that were involved in making the decision to include the image on a product that they were promoting as “Fun and Family Friendly”.
And I am not saying that they did this intentionally, that they sat around and went “What kind of innocent sight gag can we include in the art package that will get a laugh out of people?” And then brain storm and toss out all kinds of rude, crude, and socially unacceptable ideas until they centered on innocent pet monkey, who is clueless, runs around patting girls on the bottom and tries to push up the skirts of their dirndls. That is not how this image ended up on the backglass.
This image probably started as the thought that at Oktoberfest, it is not uncommon to see drunk men goosing the bottoms of young frauleins in drindls, but we can’t put a lecherous old drunk dude doing that on here, hmmm... what if we made him a stupid cartoonish monkey? One that is just anthropomorphic enough to make the connection, but innocent enough because, you know, its just a monkey. Here, we will put him next to these two sexy girls right in the middle of the backglass and we will make the girls smile, you know, so no one thinks the monkey is doing this without their consent. Yeah, thats not too un-PC. That should be just fine.
And then it was forgotten, or if not forgotton, it was looked at by a bunch of men, who thought, ha ha, stupid monkey... and thought nothing else about it. They all said “looks good to me Bob, ship that puppy!” And the art package went to the silk screener and the image was screened onto a few sample pieces and sent back and installed in the 3 prototypes, and they worked real hard, and built us a nice game, with lots to do, some neat toys, and a Beer drinking theme. What more could the public want?
Fast forward to now. We have women now looking at our beautiful machine, and they see this image of a monkey grabbing a poor work staff’s butt and they have to relive the thought of every man who has grabbed them on the ass while they just tried to do their job, waiting tables at a bar, or serving drunk men drinking beer in tents. Then these women see the hand of the monkey up the poor girl’s skirt, and they are reminded of all the men who have tried to take advantage of them with their unwanted touchy feely advances. Suddenly they do not really like this machine, the company who built it, and the people promoting it as “family friendly pinball fun”. And now we have a very real image problem on our hands.
What do we do? As a company who wants to be a good societal member, and doesn't want to gain a reputation as being mysoginistic and tone deaf, what can we do?
Well, first of all,we need to publicly appologize to all of our customers, that we made a mistake, and we need to get rid of the monkey. And secondly, we need to educate our design staff to be a little more thoughtful and inclusive and less male centric when developing content for the “family friendly” company image that we have been promoting. And thirdly, the next artist, designer, or employee who puts a monkey on one of our machines will be looking for new employment.
Now, I think API made all the right moves after the fact. But the vacuum of male cluelessness on their part is the mill stone around their necks that will take a lot longer time to wriggle out of. Maybe with their next version of the art package we will see some improvement to their tone, and hopefully by the time their next machine comes out, all of this can be remembered as some growing pains for API.
And let me be the first to euologize poor Mr Monkey, he had a short life, but boy wasn't he cute? I hope all of those who sided with you, Mr Monkey, I hope the secondary market will fill the void and provide all the monkey love that some on here have been craving. Good luck Mr Monkey. We are going to miss you.

jesus! i didnt come on pinside to read your thesis on ap monkey debacle. you could have played alot of pinball writing that^^^^^

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

robotron, I could have been doing a lot of more important things if there were more important things to do. Turning back the clock on social progress is not something I am actively pursuing right now, and letting people off the hook just because they think something is insignificant misses the point. It kind of is the point.

i saw your post for mbr le purchase. does the bride of frankenstein smashing frankenstein with a pan bother you? just asking

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The good Ol'dayz.
[quoted image]

lot lizards. great theme for a pin

(yes google it pansies)

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Great theme, fun art, and no non-consensual grabbing. Get the difference? Honestly, the pansies on this thread are you babies that can't handle the fact that American changed to art and can't tell the difference from art that's sexy and art that depicts non-consensual grabbing.
I swear all this whining is coming from guys that haven't slept with anyone new in the past decade and just don't know how to behave around women today. If you don't understand basic consent and can't have conversations about it without acting like a whining child, then how the hell do you get laid?

you are from seattle thats another planet to me. stfu you know nothing about getting laid. you probably get wet-dick slapped in your face everyday troll.
i will gladly accept my temp ban now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders?tu=robotron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.