pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You call that sexual assault? My dog sniffs and licks people wherever she wants. Is that sexual assault?
I hate when overly sensitive types bully companies into changing something that was totally harmless. AP should show some backbone and leave the monkey in. It's hilarious.

Of course it's not - but we don't want to see a picture of your dog sniffing someone's private parts on a pinball machine, either. There's a difference.

And a lot of you are jumping the gun and saying everyone is "offended". Most of the posts here I don't see people actually being offended, nor do I see people making a "huge deal" out of it - it's just negative comments about the artwork and it being in bad taste and just not belonging. Again, there's a difference. I didn't see the monkey picture and get personally "offended", I saw it and thought it really doesn't belong on a pinball machine. Having one hand on the girls ass while looking up is one thing and would've probably been fine, but having the other hand under her skirt - well, IMO it's too far. We all can have opinions on that - that's why there's a forum.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I didn't realize the monkey was actually groping anyone before reading the thread, going back at the picture and looking at it again. I thought he was jumping to reach something. I'm not sure they intended to make him a groping monkey, I think they had so much to do to get the prototype ready for the show that they didn't pay attention to it.

There is no way an artist doing that backglass didn't purposefully make the monkeys hand go up the skirt. No way whatsoever. I'm sure it was done as a joke, but definitely doesn't belong.

Having said that, this is just one of those topics where it might as well be a political discussion. While I think the monkey was in bad taste, I also think that making a comparison to women being assaulted and bringing back that memory is also just not comparable at all. Because how many pinball machines have guns on them - there's a ton of people affected by gun violence in one way or another, but you can't take guns out of them all now. I personally don't think anyone is going to see a monkey reaching up a skirt and have flashbacks of being assaulted - and if there is, it's going to be so incredibly rare. Much more rare than a person seeing a gun and being reminded of something bad in their life. But there's quite a few people, myself included, that wouldn't want family members or even some friends to come over and see that on one of my pins.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with them making it as an alternative backglass, but then again, that's a Pandora's box right there. They start doing that, and the obvious connection is that they are profiting off of their mistake and perhaps being encouraged to do it again.

#547 5 years ago

It still amazes me that so many here see absolutely no difference between a monkey reaching under a skirt and scantily clad women.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To me it's just like the goat that was chewing on mom's skirt.
Do you think that was a sexual gesture like the animal knew and intending it to be that?

I mean this is sinking to the absolutely ridiculous. You are comparing a real life goat chewing on a skirt to a graphic which portrays a monkey putting his hand up a girls skirt. You seriously can't tell the difference? It's like comparing a picture of a dog taking a crap on a backglass to actually taking your dog out to take a crap. I wouldn't care for one on the backglass, but it has nothing to do with actually taking your dog out. Why do we even have to explain this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.