pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am a 56 year old white married American Male living the same white Male privileged life as the rest of the white bread Male Americans have for the last 50 years. No one needs to school me on anything, especially depictions of assault by anything, including cartoon anthropomorphized lecherous monkeys that the management of API felt were appropriate on a "family friendly" pinball machine based on a German cultural festival held in Munich Germany, where its supposedly ok to get drunk as a skunk and wander from tent to tent, oogling women in revealing beirhaus clothing, and harassing the wait staff as they fight off unwanted touching while carrying six - one liter steins back and forth to a bunch of drunk men. Don't tell me different, I have been there, seen that first hand.
Yeah, that's just the family friendly images I'm sure they were shooting for with the art package on this machine. And remember, API management greenlighted the whole mess. So who do you really blame here? The company who foisted this on the "family friendly" unsuspecting public, or the artist, or designer who had the original idea? Or all of them, because they ALL made the same mistake in my book when it went on public display with that image front and freaking center on the backglass. Nobody is ever going to convince me any different. Don't even try.

Nobody here wants to hear about your imaginary White privilege. Please keep that crap far, far away from here.

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was there in 1999, on a business trip to Munich, still have beer coasters and pictures from the landhaus near Hamburg where I had to stay because my room in Munich had been given away when our flight got delayed in Naples and we didnt get to Munich until late in the day. And yeah, when the tents get crowded, and there is no parking left anywhere in the town except on sidewalks and church steps (yes a guy tried to park in front of a church on the sidewalk) and the beer is flowing and the men are singing, the amount of bawdy dancing and singing can hide quite a bit of handsiness that the frualeins tend to just put up with. Maybe it has changed since then but not according to Christian, my exchange student, he said not much has changed when the young boys get together and drink. I guess since he is a 20 year old young German man from Hamburg, he doesnt know what he is talking about. This is Christian and Stian, my German and Norwegian Exchange students from 2 years ago at Christmas 2016 and the hand made German Noel calendar his mother made and sent to us is hanging over Christain’s head. So yeah, I’ll take my Oscar now for being that well traveled SOB who has been there and experienced it first hand, and had it confirmed it hasnt changed much since I was there almost 20 years ago. If you don’t believe me, I dont give a crap.
[quoted image]

Yawn.

Seriously no one cares. Let's gets this thread back on track.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I thought the same thing, we didn't get to spend as much time there as we wanted but it was very family friendly and there were lots and lots of women, not just drunken guys. We made friends with a group from Dusseldorf (three guys and two women) who let us crash their table and never really even saw anyone that drunk, and we certainly no inappropriate behavior towards any females there. Some Germans have been complaining lately that women from other countries are going to Oktoberfest in revealing dirndls and not more traditional styled ones, I didn't see too much of that when I was there four years ago so maybe I need to go back next year!

This is the difference between a real cultural holiday and the way Americans celebrate it. In Germany, or even in German bar houses and beer gardens in big cities places like Leavenworth (German style town in the mountains of Washington State with outdoor beer gardens), it's just normal people drinking and eating sausages and pretzels. German beer places are all the rage on the West Coast now, I dig the large shared tables, beers, sausages, etc. But in America, on Oktoberfest, it suddenly becomes about skimpy goofy outfits and over-indulgence, much like Halloween and St. Patrick's Day.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nobody here wants to hear about your imaginary White privilege. Please keep that crap far, far away from here.

Ditto that. We get it now Bubble Head, you are a "broken record". Simple, don't like it, don't buy it.

Let's get back to talking about the F ing game!

There are great pins with crappy art, and this is decent imo for what the theme is, main thing always is the layout and the ruleset.

#355 5 years ago

pinside lol

#356 5 years ago

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

they have a whole fleet of these things around here

that looks like a fall hazard after you have a few

#358 5 years ago

ok

#359 5 years ago

I was just wondering which person could be charged with a DUI.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that looks like a fall hazard after you have a few

Looks even worse in video form!

https://www.denverpatioride.com/

Even we have one or two of those things

#361 5 years ago

beer

#362 5 years ago

Right now, I am thinking of buying one to put out in public at a local bar next spring. There were lines to play it for a reason at Expo, people want something a little less MCU and DCU and All things hard rock. So maybe a OKF and a Stern Pro or Premium and then rotate a third LE machine in and out between MB, and CGG’s 4th remake and maybe a Houdini. Although Pinball Magic, TOM, and Houdini sitting in a lineup (with a nice Magic Girl too. What, too soon?) would be a good challenge.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was there in 1999, on a business trip to Munich, still have beer coasters and pictures from the landhaus near Hamburg where I had to stay because my room in Munich had been given away when our flight got delayed in Naples and we didnt get to Munich until late in the day. And yeah, when the tents get crowded, and there is no parking left anywhere in the town except on sidewalks and church steps (yes a guy tried to park in front of a church on the sidewalk) and the beer is flowing and the men are singing, the amount of bawdy dancing and singing can hide quite a bit of handsiness that the frualeins tend to just put up with. Maybe it has changed since then but not according to Christian, my exchange student, he said not much has changed when the young boys get together and drink. I guess since he is a 20 year old young German man from Hamburg, he doesnt know what he is talking about. This is Christian and Stian, my German and Norwegian Exchange students from 2 years ago at Christmas 2016 and the hand made German Noel calendar his mother made and sent to us is hanging over Christain’s head. So yeah, I’ll take my Oscar now for being that well traveled SOB who has been there and experienced it first hand, and had it confirmed it hasnt changed much since I was there almost 20 years ago. If you don’t believe me, I dont give a crap.
[quoted image]

Ok bublehead is a fitting handle and What is that dog doing to that exchange boy!! These pics are offensive! Umph

#364 5 years ago

Now that is funny... really.

#365 5 years ago

flip it

#366 5 years ago

Final answer......

clyde (resized).jpgclyde (resized).jpg
#367 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am a 56 year old white married American Male living the same white Male privileged life as the rest of the white bread Male Americans have for the last 50 years.

The white male guilt is strong with this one

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#368 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The white male guilt is strong with this one[quoted image]

So sad but true.

#369 5 years ago

I would venture that my worldview is just about as far from bublehead's as can be - but I think the monkey groping the girls is kinda cringe-y given the recent news cycle. Not sure I like it. I love the castrated monkey mascot but sans the creepy fondling.

#370 5 years ago

I thought it might be useful for those making comments about the types of people who contacted American Pinball about the Oktoberfest backglass to hear from someone who actually did so.

This is from Emily Taylor.

"Thank you to all the men and women on this thread that are standing behind the change of artwork on this machine. I find this to be absolutely dumbfounding. I am one of the people that wrote to AP to complain about it. You can blame me, that’s totally fine, I have no problem with what I did. In fact, just assume that I am the only one that did, even though that’s not the case. Call me a ‘libturd’ or a ‘snowflake’ that’s fine. I’ll leave the message that I wrote to them, read it, maybe try to use some tiny minute amount of empathy while doing so."

emily_american (resized).jpgemily_american (resized).jpg
#371 5 years ago

It’s a nice-looking pin that looks like a blast to play. The monkey is out of place, I’m glad it’s being removed. I think this will be a home run for AP, great job on the layout and theme. Who doesn’t like beer?

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Who doesn’t like beer?

AA and the 88,000 people that die from alcohol each year. Not being serious just thought we could start a new pitch fork campaign as the monkey is getting old already.

#373 5 years ago

Sad that its come to this. The artwork now "condones assault on women". Give me a break.

Of all the things in the world to complain about.

#375 5 years ago

From now on, all pinball artwork will be pc. That is a fact. Not for or against. Just a fact.

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I thought it might be useful for those making comments about the types of people who contacted American Pinball about the Oktoberfest backglass to hear from someone who actually did so.
This is from Emily Taylor.
"Thank you to all the men and women on this thread that are standing behind the change of artwork on this machine. I find this to be absolutely dumbfounding. I am one of the people that wrote to AP to complain about it. You can blame me, that’s totally fine, I have no problem with what I did. In fact, just assume that I am the only one that did, even though that’s not the case. Call me a ‘libturd’ or a ‘snowflake’ that’s fine. I’ll leave the message that I wrote to them, read it, maybe try to use some tiny minute amount of empathy while doing so."
[quoted image]

I'm starting to notice more women at shows and new women are joining our league all the time. Perhaps Emily doesn't speak for all women.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm starting to notice more women at shows and new women are joining our league all the time. Perhaps Emily doesn't speak for all women.

My wife, of 25 years, thinks this all is silly. It’s pinball. If you don’t like it, don’t play it or buy it.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My wife, of 25 years, thinks this all is silly. It’s pinball. If you don’t like it, don’t play it or buy it.

And somehow taking the monkey down is going to eliminate all male dirt bags that can't handle their own testosterone is just as silly also.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

True enough. American has said the art is being changed, people need to stop whining about. Play it or don't, buy it or don't. It's a done deal, no reason to keep beating a dead horse. Or monkey, as the case may be

#380 5 years ago

Here you go in honor of what Oktoberfest is all about. A celebration of Beer, fun, great food, family, sexy Dirndl's and yes....getting hammered for 16 days. Oh the horror of it all.

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-100-sexiest-dirndl-girls-from-oktoberfest/greg?format=slideshow&slide=42

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That's not how the world works these days. If anyone is remotely teeny bit offended by something they start a crusade to stop it. Because they think they are better than everyone else. Tolerance is what they ask for, but they do not give. I'm all about respecting women, but this fiasco is crazy wanna be rage. Tons of things wrong in the world that are way more important than some little art piece on a pinball machine, but I'm not brainwashed and entitled.

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

True enough. American has said the art is being changed, people need to stop whining about. Play it or don't, buy it or don't. It's a done deal, no reason to keep beating a dead horse. Or monkey, as the case may be

This moved beyond this pinball machine and this piece to what we can expect in the future. Say goodbye to original themes, and any sense of humor. The precedent has been made. People are offended by everything, and they will make sure they tell you. People with common sense know that you can just not buy the product if you don't like what it portrays. Instead the crazies want to shut everything down, and yes, they are crazy if this offended them. I hope that in removing it, those people all go out and buy it, but we know the majority won't, because that's not how they work.

Anyway, I've said my piece...a time or two too much I'm sure.

I hope this pinball does well. It looks really fun and once I can actually try it out I might buy it.

#383 5 years ago

Get woke, go broke.

#384 5 years ago

I say add more monkeys. Call it Grab Ass. Just kidding....take it easy.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This moved beyond this pinball machine and this piece to what we can expect in the future. Say goodbye to original themes, and any sense of humor. The precedent has been made. People are offended by everything, and they will make sure they tell you. People with common sense know that you can just not buy the product if you don't like what it portrays. Instead the crazies want to shut everything down, and yes, they are crazy if this offended them. I hope that in removing it, those people all go out and buy it, but we know the majority won't, because that's not how they work.

You sound hysterical. SAY GOODBYE TO ORIGINAL THEMES AND ANY SENSE OF HUMOR. Dramatic much?

I designed a new translite for ACDC featuring a big pair of scantily clad demon boobs with erect nipples, I'm not a prude, and I don't think breasts need to be banished from all pinball art. But I think the monkey is dumb and gross, I don't want to watch it grabbing women's asses either. They should go back and redo a lot of the art while they're at it, it's obviously not a home run with people.

You can be down with this: translite-centerflank.jpgtranslite-centerflank.jpg

And be amused by blowjob jokes in Scared Stiff, and think that women being butt grabbed by a monkey is gross. Chill out.

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I say add more monkeys.

now were talking.

#387 5 years ago

With the amount of attention that one little monkey is getting i think AP are onto a winner! id re-theme the whole machine to be about just the cheeky monkey!

#388 5 years ago

Ban this too...?

images-1.jpgimages-1.jpg
#389 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You sound hysterical. SAY GOODBYE TO ORIGINAL THEMES AND ANY SENSE OF HUMOR. Dramatic much?
I designed a new translite for ACDC featuring a big pair of scantily clad demon boobs with erect nipples, I'm not a prude, and I don't think breasts need to be banished from all pinball art. But I think the monkey is dumb and gross, I don't want to watch it grabbing women's asses either. They should go back and redo a lot of the art while they're at it, it's obviously not a home run with people.
You can be down with this: [quoted image]
And be amused by blowjob jokes in Scared Stiff, and think that women being butt grabbed by a monkey is gross. Chill out.

Aurich, you are level headed man and offer a great deal of cool stuff to the pinball community.
I dig your art, but what if any aspect of your art even if tastefully done is shut down by exaggerated comments from these SJW's?

Zablon is not sounding hysterical at all. There a clear observation of the ridiculous age of this Social Justice Warrior bullshit'

What is going down on AP's facebook at the moment is irritating , there are stupid comments of "rape" now from a cartoon monkey !
WTF you gotta be kidding me. The whole episode has been blown out of proportion.
The issue now is AP is shitting itself over some over stated and irrelevant comments on facebook.

I am glad I spend little time on the social media bullshit site, when I do to follow pinball manufacturers to see whats happening with AP makes me angry and sick.
and this shit may possible carry over to other manufacturers.

Perhaps the publicity may help sales, pity for the wrong reasons.

I agree a little more class can be implemented.

Yes AP the art package needs a little work, but please don't bow down to the PC bullshit.

We know you can produce a great package, I can see OKF being a top seller !

Sorry Joe@pinballstar, please excuse the thrashing/venting on your thread. We all know you are a top distributor and may many many sales of this super cool game from American Pinball find your way.

#390 5 years ago

I'm not a SJW, and actually think that movement is doing a horrible disservice to their own agenda.

However, the monkey playing grab-ass was probably a mistake from inception, and AP has done the right thing in removing it.
I don't have a lot of experience with real misogyny in pinball, but the history surely reflects a true misogynistic past and moving that forward would not really the best way to make pinball inclusive to everyone.

I was never going to buy this machine, but I'm more than fine with the monkey being removed and I think AP did what was right. Good job.

You guys who really love the monkey - if it had never been there in the first place, would you be asking for it to be put in?

"You know what this art needs? It needs a drunk-ass monkey with his hands up the skirts of some ladies. That would make it complete!"

#391 5 years ago

I'm having issues getting it. None of the AP artwork makes sense. The women cannot show cleavage, but a monkey can assault other women. I'm calling it for what it is at this point. It's what happens when you have a committee to design a race horse and end up with a camel. The art is simple all over the place and a better direction or tweaks are in order.

Game looks fun. Artwork is not good. That's my 2 cents for what they are worth which may be 0.

#392 5 years ago

So I can tell this thread is officially done with. Let's think about all that's terrible in the world including real acts of crime like someone actually sexually assaulting another female pinball player....... And then let's blame the monkey for it.

What a sad state of affairs. Lets all take National Lampoon's European vacation and burn it. Snowflakes rejoice!

I'm seriously out on this until we get back to pinball.

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This for sure.
Problem with the SJW's is that to shame blame successfully you have to reduce your target to a 1 dimensional blockhead. We are more complicated than that and more than one thing can be true at the same time. I can enjoy seeing sexy curves and cleavage, while being grossed out by a me-too moment with an animal.

In my view the monkey grab ass doesn't trigger outrageous indignation as much as it's just sophomoric and not very intelligent. I'd like AP NOT to bow to the SJW's, but instead decide that they're capable of something more clever and rework it for that reason alone.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh, it's not so much hysterical as pretty much proven in other areas where things like this has happened. Companies are not going to take chances and push boundaries if they are afraid they are going to get rick rolled over it. To me it's not about the monkey being there or not, but what it represents. I understand that someone could see it tacky or in bad taste if interpreted as it has been, that's not what bothers me.

#395 5 years ago
monkey (resized).jpgmonkey (resized).jpg
#396 5 years ago

The monkey needed to go, it was a poor choice to draw that in there.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

God damn snowflakes and fancy lads!

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's not how the world works these days. If anyone is remotely teeny bit offended by something they start a crusade to stop it. Because they think they are better than everyone else. Tolerance is what they ask for, but they do not give. I'm all about respecting women, but this fiasco is crazy wanna be rage. Tons of things wrong in the world that are way more important than some little art piece on a pinball machine, but I'm not brainwashed and entitled.

Quoted from Zablon:

You're not getting it. Your marginalizing the very real statements of actual pinball playing woman, who aren't just "remotely teeny bit offended by something", but reminded of traumatic experiences in their lives.

Unless you're some sort of sociopath who doesn't care about your fellow human beings, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of logical sense to fight a battle (for comedy?), where people end up feeling hurt. And all just for a laugh?

Everyone, including the monkey (at this point an avatar for American Pinball), should lead by example; it's why some people even "start crusades", as you said, to do the right thing.

And when you're speaking of people not showing tolerance, you just mean you want them to be tolerant of the fact that you get laughs from a monkey grabbing a woman's butt, regardless of the fact that you know it makes people upset. Think about the cruelty in what you're saying. And why some people might be "intolerant" of that way of thought.

#399 5 years ago

I think it was meant to be funny ha ha, and it just isn't.

Lots of drama and over reaction here.

That said, if it were my daughter being depicted on the backglass with the monkey, I wouldn't be happy about it.

Of course sex sells, so nothing wrong with that if it's done in the right way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.