pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 5 years ago

I would give you $1000 if you could build this game for $2800. You are dreaming and it’s insulting to anyone that built games

Quoted from newpinbin:

Still for an unlicensed game how do you come close to justifying this price? The game will only cost AP around $2800 for each machine!

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would give you $1000 if you could build this game for $2800. You are dreaming and it’s insulting to anyone that built games

The number is of course bullshit, but any time these sort of things come up labor is magically free.

#303 5 years ago

I'm not offended by the monkey, it's just tacky. I like some cheeky humour - AFM and MM nail it perfectly - but it doesn't need to be some lame Tex Avery-level "oooga oooga" bullshit for six-year-olds.

I'd actually like to see more cleavage since that's part of the theme. It's like they decided to "family friendly" in all the wrong places. Anyway, glad they decided to dial it back a bit.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Go ahead and add it in there, you still can't justify this price for an unlicensed machine. If you do, how do you compare this same price to a licensed title? You can't.

Boy, I sure would like to see your breakdown of the numbers.

#305 5 years ago

Where were all the PC people when the COW was being taken the piss out of in pinball since god knows when.
Maybe they should replace with a cow as it can't grab anything. Oh and we will have to cover up the udders and horn.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Still for an unlicensed game how do you come close to justifying this price? The game will only cost AP around $2800 for each machine!

Did you remember to factor in that it can cost as much as $1M to design and produce a full-featured pin of this caliber? And then all of the overhead associated with running a company? Distribution costs? Your guess of I'm assuming raw material cost is just one component.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Boy, I sure would like to see your breakdown of the numbers.

What does make believe look like?

#308 5 years ago

@vdojaq, I wasn’t asking us Americans, I said what would a German think of it and would they think it was an amusing or obnoxious take on Oktoberfest. My take is its a little of both, and I asked because my German exchange student Christian (from around Hamburg), who I hosted 2 years ago said he thought it was a bit corny but it would be better if it was all in German and us Yankees had to learn German to get all the jokes or do it in German with English subtitles, but he has only seen video and images on the web, he has yet to play it. That being said, he loved playing my FGy and thought Brickleberry was the best show on Hulu while he was here. My experience is they love a crude joke as well as the next guy, and pinball humor isn’t lost on them.

#309 5 years ago

Everybody is doing such a fine job in this thread I really have nothing to contribute.

I'll just say the highwater mark for me is the post where a Pinside moderator points out that a monkey grabbing ass and vag can't legally be charged with sexual assault under US Law because he's a monkey and it gets 20+ upvotes.

#310 5 years ago

so has anyone actually ordered this game?

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so has anyone actually ordered this game?

A friend of mine who is an op is ordering three for his NYC route.

He also bought three WWEs for the same purpose so not sure how sound his judgement is.

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He also bought three WWEs for the same purpose so not sure how sound his judgement is.

Thats funny! who knows maybe WWE has an appeal on route?

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats funny! who knows maybe WWE has an appeal on route?

It does for 1 game.

#314 5 years ago

Ever since 'Planet of the Apes,' they've been getting' a lil' more cocky.
Next thing, they'll be tending bar and telling off-color jokes.

AP is just looking out to keep us all safe from more Monkey Moral Turpitude...

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

3 WWEs? Ouch! Oktoberfest is probably a solid choice for barcades and breweries on theme alone.

Despite my disappointment with how the backlash was handled, and being less inclined to buy one now, I am looking forward to playing this. I really like Houdini.

Speaking from experience, Joe @ Pinballstar is a good dude to buy from.

#316 5 years ago

Not that there's a chance.of bringing this thread back on track, but I had the pleasure of playing many games on this at expo. As a vendor, we get access to the games, well before the show opens so i could also hear it well. I was really impressed with how it played, lots of shots that were all makeable, good rule set, great call outs, including great direction on what to hit, and a lot of fun modes. Some stop and go, but flow is there too. I like houdini too, but this one was a lot more fun to me. I can see myself owning one at some point and I think it will do really well on location,.particularly at bars...for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, it doesn't need much in the way of mods so harder for me to justify.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Him being your friend immediately calls his judgement into question!!!

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Seriously? You guys are killing me. Why is everyone so critical of what others do today? If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But don’t make a big deal about it!! No matter what a company does they will never be able to make everyone happy. So why are companies forced to comply with so many easily offended?
Afterall it is “art”.
Just my .02 , flame away!

#metoomentality

A lot of white knights on here that never saw the underside of a skirt and feel by pointing out things like this it will carry favor with women in hopes they can see the underside of said skirt.

#319 5 years ago
0CA0FB92-24C3-43B4-9DEB-6A3D5147E90B (resized).jpeg0CA0FB92-24C3-43B4-9DEB-6A3D5147E90B (resized).jpeg
#320 5 years ago

If nothing else, this thread will bring more women in to the hobby

#321 5 years ago

I dont know about you but I am sticking up for my mother, my wife, my sister, my daughters, my nieces, my aunts, my daughters in law, my sisters in law, my mother in law... do I have to go on? Guys who say I am stepping up for women just because I want to gain favor with them, yeah you got me, I am, I am sticking up for all the ones I just mentioned and all the ones I have not you troglodyte. Tell me just WTF is wrong with that? Hmm? Grow up people. Get you minds out of the gutters and off sex and back on the playfields and pinball, ok? Nothing to see here... move this on will ya? This is one Evil monkey I will be happy to forget and not soon enough.

#322 5 years ago

This is one evil monkey

#323 5 years ago

AP should be correcting painfully twisted waitress art and not removing cheeky monkey art to pacify butthurt beta males.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I dont know about you but I am sticking up for my mother, my wife, my sister, my daughters, my nieces, my aunts, my daughters in law, my sisters in law, my mother in law... do I have to go on? Guys who say I am stepping up for women just because I want to gain favor with them, yeah you got me, I am, I am sticking up for all the ones I just mentioned and all the ones I have not you troglodyte. Tell me just WTF is wrong with that? Hmm? Grow up people. Get you minds out of the gutters and off sex and back on the playfields and pinball, ok? Nothing to see here... move this on will ya? This is one Evil monkey I will be happy to forget and not soon enough.

Whose minds are in the gutter, those that see the monkey and think sexual assault or those that see it and think maybe he's just reaching up to be picked up or to get a bite of that sausage she's holding?

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Speaking of growing up, please save the rhetoric. *extreme eyeroll*

Let me school you on perspective. A few years ago I made a virtual pin. I modeled my own artwork loosely on Big Bang Bar. I put in lots of various things happening in the art. In one section there was a T-800 head laying on a table, the Thing (TAF) coming out of a drawer holding a Xenon tube. The flame demon from LOTR was also on this table spewing fire. Due to the configuration, someone mentioned it looked like the T-800 was smoking a crack pipe. This had never occurred to me. Not one bit. Because people smoking crack are not at the top of my list of things to think about. Perspective. Gutter mind? Probably the people who saw it as monkey rape (which in of itself is laugh out loud silly to even think).

Now that I think about it, BBB must totally trigger some of you.

In this thread we've seen it called illegal and assault, compared to priests touching little boys, etc. I think it is safe to say the extremists are out in full force and regardless what they claim, they were never going to buy this machine anyway. People found something to jump in a mob mentality about (and my guess is it was COMPLETELY misconstrued). Even if it wasn't, it by no means deserved the amount of vitriol and over the top hysteria being shown here.

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not that there's a chance.of bringing this thread back on track, but I had the pleasure of playing many games on this at expo. As a vendor, we get access to the games, well before the show opens so i could also hear it well. I was really impressed with how it played, lots of shots that were all makeable, good rule set, great call outs, including great direction on what to hit, and a lot of fun modes. Some stop and go, but flow is there too. I like houdini too, but this one was a lot more fun to me. I can see myself owning one at some point and I think it will do really well on location,.particularly at bars...for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, it doesn't need much in the way of mods so harder for me to justify.

Nice try but I dont think it (getting the thread on track) will work.

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

there is an ass for every seat.

#328 5 years ago

I am a 56 year old white married American Male living the same white Male privileged life as the rest of the white bread Male Americans have for the last 50 years. No one needs to school me on anything, especially depictions of assault by anything, including cartoon anthropomorphized lecherous monkeys that the management of API felt were appropriate on a "family friendly" pinball machine based on a German cultural festival held in Munich Germany, where its supposedly ok to get drunk as a skunk and wander from tent to tent, oogling women in revealing beirhaus clothing, and harassing the wait staff as they fight off unwanted touching while carrying six - one liter steins back and forth to a bunch of drunk men. Don't tell me different, I have been there, seen that first hand.

Yeah, that's just the family friendly images I'm sure they were shooting for with the art package on this machine. And remember, API management greenlighted the whole mess. So who do you really blame here? The company who foisted this on the "family friendly" unsuspecting public, or the artist, or designer who had the original idea? Or all of them, because they ALL made the same mistake in my book when it went on public display with that image front and freaking center on the backglass. Nobody is ever going to convince me any different. Don't even try.

#329 5 years ago

Im too old to grow up!

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Go ahead and add it in there, you still can't justify this price for an unlicensed machine. If you do, how do you compare this same price to a licensed title? You can't.

I am almost 100% sure that creating a completely new original theme is a lot more costly than building a licensed game that comes with (depending on the license) an entire library of images, artwork, music, and in some cases movie clips. The man hours alone to create those things from nothing has to be very expensive.

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd like to see more titties and cleavage similar to Heidi in the "Bier Haus" slot machine. One of mine and my wife's favorite.
If the art is being changed at all lets put that in the rework guys!
Think "Big Juicy Melons".

I really like the slot machine a lot but it never paid me one dime, so I gave up and went back to the Wizard of Oz slot that is far more generous to me !

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

a "family friendly" pinball machine based on a German cultural festival held in Munich Germany, where its supposedly ok to get drunk as a skunk and wander from tent to tent, oogling women in revealing beirhaus clothing, and harassing the wait staff as they fight off unwanted touching while carrying six - one liter steins back and forth to a bunch of drunk men. Don't tell me different, I have been there, seen that first hand.

Honestly, you went to "Oktoberfest" (not what germans even call it) and that's what you got out of it? I've been there too. And despite what you think, it's family friendly. It's not about people just getting drunk. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and my wife and 2 friends I went with agreed. I saw nobody ever being rude to a waitress, and strangers from all over the world treated us like friends, bought us beers (10 euro beers), taught us songs, and just plain had a good time. Woman are wearing traditional bavarian attire as are men, and the dirdles (beirhaus clothing, fucking lol) are really not revealing.

munich (resized).jpgmunich (resized).jpg
#333 5 years ago

Is this a Christmas theme thread, all the up and down votes has been seeing so much red and green, I can't recall a recent thread so colorful.

Glad I waited a day to catch up, it's been a fun read.

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Unfortunately, it doesn't need much in the way of mods so harder for me to justify.

Why thank you for the compliment!

In my experience, it's really hard to find a pin that isn't moddable - people got REALLY creative with Houdini!

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am a 56 year old white married American Male living the same white Male privileged life as the rest of the white bread Male Americans have for the last 50 years. No one needs to school me on anything, especially depictions of assault by anything, including cartoon anthropomorphized lecherous monkeys that the management of API felt were appropriate on a "family friendly" pinball machine based on a German cultural festival held in Munich Germany, where its supposedly ok to get drunk as a skunk and wander from tent to tent, oogling women in revealing beirhaus clothing, and harassing the wait staff as they fight off unwanted touching while carrying six - one liter steins back and forth to a bunch of drunk men. Don't tell me different, I have been there, seen that first hand.
Yeah, that's just the family friendly images I'm sure they were shooting for with the art package on this machine. And remember, API management greenlighted the whole mess. So who do you really blame here? The company who foisted this on the "family friendly" unsuspecting public, or the artist, or designer who had the original idea? Or all of them, because they ALL made the same mistake in my book when it went on public display with that image front and freaking center on the backglass. Nobody is ever going to convince me any different. Don't even try.

Yawn. Tell me when the Oscar speech is over.

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Honestly, you went to "Oktoberfest" (not what germans even call it) and that's what you got out of it? I've been there too. And despite what you think, it's family friendly. It's not about people just getting drunk. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and my wife and 2 friends I went with agreed. I saw nobody ever being rude to a waitress, and strangers from all over the world treated us like friends, bought us beers (10 euro beers), taught us songs, and just plain had a good time. Woman are wearing traditional bavarian attire as are men, and the dirdles (beirhaus clothing, fucking lol) are really not revealing. [quoted image]

Why does the little girl in the front have a double pint that's half empty right in front her !

#337 5 years ago

The only thing white and privileged i remember growing up with was a Spam sandwich everyday for breakfast , lunch and dinner just so you know bublehead.

#338 5 years ago

Time to close this one or move to basement.

#339 5 years ago

If I can get the prototype back glass with the monkey in place, I am all in.

#340 5 years ago

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Honestly, you went to "Oktoberfest" (not what germans even call it) and that's what you got out of it? I've been there too. And despite what you think, it's family friendly. It's not about people just getting drunk. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and my wife and 2 friends I went with agreed. I saw nobody ever being rude to a waitress, and strangers from all over the world treated us like friends, bought us beers (10 euro beers), taught us songs, and just plain had a good time. Woman are wearing traditional bavarian attire as are men, and the dirdles (beirhaus clothing, fucking lol) are really not revealing. [quoted image]

I thought the same thing, we didn't get to spend as much time there as we wanted but it was very family friendly and there were lots and lots of women, not just drunken guys. We made friends with a group from Dusseldorf (three guys and two women) who let us crash their table and never really even saw anyone that drunk, and we certainly no inappropriate behavior towards any females there. Some Germans have been complaining lately that women from other countries are going to Oktoberfest in revealing dirndls and not more traditional styled ones, I didn't see too much of that when I was there four years ago so maybe I need to go back next year!

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Time to close this one or move to basement.

It's a For Sale thread although it's understandable how that could be forgotten.

#343 5 years ago

I was there in 1999, on a business trip to Munich, still have beer coasters and pictures from the landhaus near Hamburg where I had to stay because my room in Munich had been given away when our flight got delayed in Naples and we didnt get to Munich until late in the day. And yeah, when the tents get crowded, and there is no parking left anywhere in the town except on sidewalks and church steps (yes a guy tried to park in front of a church on the sidewalk) and the beer is flowing and the men are singing, the amount of bawdy dancing and singing can hide quite a bit of handsiness that the frualeins tend to just put up with. Maybe it has changed since then but not according to Christian, my exchange student, he said not much has changed when the young boys get together and drink. I guess since he is a 20 year old young German man from Hamburg, he doesnt know what he is talking about. This is Christian and Stian, my German and Norwegian Exchange students from 2 years ago at Christmas 2016 and the hand made German Noel calendar his mother made and sent to us is hanging over Christain’s head. So yeah, I’ll take my Oscar now for being that well traveled SOB who has been there and experienced it first hand, and had it confirmed it hasnt changed much since I was there almost 20 years ago. If you don’t believe me, I dont give a crap.

A9FAD428-D4F5-4889-A8A6-BE9BAB5642AA (resized).jpegA9FAD428-D4F5-4889-A8A6-BE9BAB5642AA (resized).jpeg
#344 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Real simple, if it offends you that much, don't buy it. There are many here , including women, that it doesn't offend. Your personal crusade is noteworthy, however, directing it towards a cartoon image of a monkey seems to be misdirected. Because you don't like doesn't means is has to be changed and no one else can enjoy it. In your defense, it appears AP has already given in. I find it humorous, but at the same time I don't think I will go out and grope any women because of it. Especially at the LaCrosse WI Oktoberfest. And let me tell you, there are some very nice looking butts there!

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you don’t believe me, I dont give a crap.
[quoted image]

I believe every thing in your post except this because you keep coming back to state it over and over. TGI Fridays is Family Friendly but people get drunk there and do stupid shit too!

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

TGI Fridays is Family Friendly but people get drunk there and do stupid shit too!

Is that AP's next title?

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is that AP's next title?

That would be licensed, so probably not.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is Christian and Stian, my German and Norwegian Exchange students from 2 years ago at Christmas 2016 and the hand made German Noel calendar his mother made and sent to us is hanging over Christain’s head.
[quoted image]

Round of applause!

German here, glad to hear that we seemingly successfully annexed France once again as your pal Christian here brought you a German calender from the city of Strasbourg, located in west-west Germany, but of course formerly known as France.....according to your all-knowing opinion...

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

make a sticker mod that draws the monkey hand onto the outside of the skirt on the back glass it could be a series of hand gestures too
then again maybe some research and development is in order "Octoberfest 2019"
heres another one a beer stein drink holder or a ice cold frosty beer glass holder w/ led mood lighting
or a pair of monkey gargoyle's with red light eyes, if you motorize it and it can give the finger when you drain or just finish up on its glass of beer

No No, just a big CENSORED sticker

#350 5 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.