pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's facing the other direction. No way of knowing if it's the same monkey or castrated.
What does worry me, is reading all the Facebook posts it appears that a lot of women competing in tournaments are subjected to verbal or physical abuse.
Why in hell are the people running these tournaments, or other players ( especially the keyboard brave crowd ) not stepping up and doing something about this ?
LTG

Do you not read tiltforums LTG? Much of their stories are covered there... and you'll have to make your own judgement on how much abuse they've suffered.

#252 5 years ago

@ pinbum, I don't trust monkeys... and chimpanzees are a close second... those bastards can rip yer face off.

But the big loser in all this is not the monkey, or the cartoon women in the backglass, or the SJW's, or the snowflakes, or the monkey supporters or the anti monkey or anti-anti monkey supporters but API.

All my pinball friends agree this is bad news for API which is bad news for pinball. Whether this hurt OF sales can not really be calculated, but one thing is sure, it has changed people's perception of the company and not in ways one would classify as beneficial to the bottom line. I guess the ultimate FU to all this for us pinball consumers is that a simple sight gag on a bg could actually cause sales to tank and if API goes under, we all lose. Now how silly would that be?

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Most of the posts here I don't see people actually being offended, nor do I see people making a "huge deal" out of it

Yeah, quotes about the game and issue like "While the entire machine is a piece of sexist trash, this specifically right here is what we call assault." are perfectly on the level and 'not a big deal'... BTW that is from one of the heads of PAPA. And started this noise... where as the more level headed person in response simply contacted AP about their concern.. and AP responded with action.

At the end of the day, it's tiny piece of art on a pinball machine about fictitious people and a fictitious monkey. Yet some people take that to mean it's encouraging or supporting certain behaviors. My god, I hope no one starts saying there shouldn't be MURDER in your pinball games and no one can 'kill enemies' anymore...

#254 5 years ago

On the bright side, at least we know for sure there will be changes to the machine's artwork...

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

You can call me triggered or some sort of SJW, that’s fine. I definitely think there’s a time for crude humor. I’ve seen plenty of comics who have way worse stuff in their routine. But there’s a huge difference between someone “working blue” who by virtue of their role as a comic we know is saying things they don’t believe, in a private venue for adults; and a pinball machine out in the public.

So when a dog humps someone's leg in a movie... you think it's some hidden message that rape is ok? Or is Ok simply because its.. not in public or something? Are people thinking it's condoning rape.. or is it simply making a joke about how inappropriate an animal may be.. and doesn't respect you the same?

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks like a pretty fun game....not sure its $7700 worth of fun

Yeah hard to say what the rules are , nice colors on the playfeild but the price is premium level

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Do you not read tiltforums LTG? Much of their stories are covered there... and you'll have to make your own judgement on how much abuse they've suffered.

Maybe I missed the parts where something is actually done to protect players ? Or is it blown out of proportion ?

LTG : )

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Never read Tiltforums myself. You got a link?

#259 5 years ago

Whats really sad about this thread is that it is Joes Sale thread at PinballSTAR.
I had do a double take and look at top and realize this should of been its own thing.
Sorry to see this happen to both Joe and API over a minor piece of art.
I think we've become a little hyper sensitive here in the 21st century.
Hope the Louvre doesn't start to cover up all those breasts on the collection spanning 10 thousand years of cultural expression.
What happened to free speech and art?
Fyi, yes, I am aware and sensitive in our new society of offenending all , men and women alike.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Whats really sad about this thread is that it is Joes Sale thread at PinballSTAR.
I had do a double take and look at top and realize this should of been its own thing.
Sorry to see this happen to both Joe and API over a minor piece of art.
I think we've become a little hyper sensitive here in the 21st century.
Hope the Louvre doesn't start to cover up all those breasts on the collection spanning 10 thousand years of cultural expression.
What happened to free speech and art?
Fyi, yes, I am aware and sensitive in our new society of offenending all , men and women alike.

the pinball machine looks nice , i would like to see it being played is there a link ?

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did some research, especially one lady in a league who is subjected to ass grabbing, neck kissing, etc. etc. and the two offenders are still there.

I repeat. WHY IN HELL ARE THE PEOPLE RUNNING THESE THINGS OR OTHER PLAYERS NOT DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT ?

In my business, or during one of my events. If I miss something. PLEASE tell me. It will be dealt with immediately and harshly. I have no problem throwing a bully out, calling the police and trespass them out, or having them arrested.

Any person, male or female, should be safe.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

@ pinbum, I don't trust monkeys... and chimpanzees are a close second... those bastards can rip yer face off.
But the big loser in all this is not the monkey, or the cartoon women in the backglass, or the SJW's, or the snowflakes, or the monkey supporters or the anti monkey or anti-anti monkey supporters but API.
All my pinball friends agree this is bad news for API which is bad news for pinball. Whether this hurt OF sales can not really be calculated, but one thing is sure, it has changed people's perception of the company and not in ways one would classify as beneficial to the bottom line. I guess the ultimate FU to all this for us pinball consumers is that a simple sight gag on a bg could actually cause sales to tank and if API goes under, we all lose. Now how silly would that be?

WTF

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did some research, especially one lady in a league who is subjected to ass grabbing, neck kissing, etc. etc. and the two offenders are still there.
I repeat. WHY IN HELL ARE THE PEOPLE RUNNING THESE THINGS OR OTHER PLAYERS NOT DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT ?
In my business, or during one of my events. If I miss something. PLEASE tell me. It will be dealt with immediately and harshly. I have no problem throwing a bully out, calling the police and trespass them out, or having them arrested.

yeah thats not right , those who are running that tournament should also be responsible for the safety of those they invite, sad to hear of this

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I should add. If you are shy, embarrassed, or afraid of repercussions. Let me know that too. I won't involve you. I will deal with it and not involve you in anyway.

#265 5 years ago

I bought Houdini and felt its a game better than a standard stern but not as good as a Jersey Jack. Its somewhat in the middle. When you look at a really cool pinball like Sterns Deadpool at $5700.00 you can't charge $7300 for Octoberfest. At $7300 plus shipping so lets say you're into this game for $7700 we're into Jersey Jack realm.

Say what you want about a JJ game, but we can all agree no one puts more into their pinball games than Jersey Jack. Even the best Stern or AP do not stack up to even the standard JJ game. So how can you price this game closer to a JJ than to Deadpool?

Side blade art is $75.00 and yes they make the game better, and wish every game just added that as a feature but side blade art can't make this game worth $7700.00 dollars. No way Jose!

I would have bought it but not for this price. Their CG on the screen is not even on the level of the worst new Stern game, and no where NEAR the level of Jersey Jack. The pinball game has other features that make it cooler than your average stern but not $2000 worth.

I would have bought this game for $6500.00 but will not pay $7700. To those who buy it you'll be selling the game 6 months later for a loss no doubt.

Like the game. Like AP but don't like the price of this new game. Pinball companies are going to get way to greedy and price themselves out of business.

Pinballs don't make a ton of money in family fun centers because they're not redeption. Stern sells more pinball games to FEC than anyone, AP probably needs the pin community a lot more. You see games getting traded around here classics like White Water $5000 to $6000 ... new Sterns like dead pool $5700.

Message to American Pinball do not price yourself out of business. At $7700 all in you're doing just that.

Just my opinion!

PS: Monster Bash looks like a HUGE HOME RUN! LE is at $7999.00 this new Octoberfest is basically the same. If you're picking Octoberfest or Monster Bash LE because they're both basically the same price which one you got? I'm thinking it will be 9 Monster Bashes to 1 of Octoberfest. If the price was $6500 to Monster Bash 8k I think maybe then it would come down to 7 to 3. You release this game right in the heart of the busiest release time we've ever seen "Deadpool" "Iron Maiden" "JJ Pirates" "Monster Bash" "Beatles" and soon to follow Munsters. You should have taken all that into account when figuring the pricing. Wow this is going to hurt when you don't get the sales you need. You lost a customer on this one until I see someone willing to take a bath on it.

#266 5 years ago

Yeah, rude, offensive monkey.

Added over 5 years ago:

Oh geez

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I bought Houdini and felt its a game better than a standard stern but not as good as a Jersey Jack. Its somewhat in the middle. When you look at a really cool pinball like Sterns Deadpool at $5700.00 you can't charge $7300 for Octoberfest. At $7300 plus shipping so lets say you're into this game for $7700 we're into Jersey Jack realm.
Say what you want about a JJ game, but we can all agree no one puts more into their pinball games than Jersey Jack. Even the best Stern or AP do not stack up to even the standard JJ game. So how can you price this game closer to a JJ than to Deadpool?
Side blade art is $75.00 and yes they make the game better, and wish every game just added that as a feature but side blade art can't make this game worth $7700.00 dollars. No way Jose!
I would have bought it but not for this price. Their CG on the screen is not even on the level of the worst new Stern game, and no where NEAR the level of Jersey Jack. The pinball game has other features that make it cooler than your average stern but not $2000 worth.
I would have bought this game for $6500.00 but will not pay $7700. To those who buy it you'll be selling the game 6 months later for a loss no doubt.
Like the game. Like AP but don't like the price of this new game. Pinball companies are going to get way to greedy and price themselves out of business.
Pinballs don't make a ton of money in family fun centers because they're not redeption. Stern sells more pinball games to FEC than anyone, AP probably needs the pin community a lot more. You see games getting traded around here classics like White Water $5000 to $6000 ... new Sterns like dead pool $5700.
Message to American Pinball do not price yourself out of business. At $7700 all in you're doing just that.
Just my opinion!

Isn't the price be 7400 shipped? I actually think that price is good for what you're getting. Pirates right now is like 10k out the door.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Isn't the price be 7400 shipped? I actually think that price is good for what you're getting. Pirates right now is like 10k out the door.

$7395.00 not including shipping.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So when a dog humps someone's leg in a movie... you think it's some hidden message that rape is ok? Or is Ok simply because its.. not in public or something? Are people thinking it's condoning rape.. or is it simply making a joke about how inappropriate an animal may be.. and doesn't respect you the same?

Totally different. This monkey is dressed in people’s clothes. It’s been humanized as one of the drunken revelers at octoberfest. I’ve been to Affenberg in Germany and the London Zoo monkey exhibit (fun fact; a monkey bit my wife’s hand). Monkeys don’t reach under women’s skirts like dogs hump legs.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No one should touch or suggest sexual behaviour in an unwanted or aggressive way.
Absolutely, but we are debating removal of a cartoon monkey who is up to some cheekiness and some people are assimilating this with more serious offences and being triggered into making stupid accusations.
Surely common sense will prevail at some stage soon and people will realise it is just a cheeky cartoon monkey.

The world is way too sensitive at the moment and everyone needs to take a chill pill.
I see the craziness in America at the moment and DO NOT WANT their problems in Australia.
Unfortunately this is slowly creeping into our "take the piss culture" and the media is a MASSIVE problem in this area.

So many more serious issues to attend to than this.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, quotes about the game and issue like "While the entire machine is a piece of sexist trash, this specifically right here is what we call assault." are perfectly on the level and 'not a big deal'... BTW that is from one of the heads of PAPA. And started this noise... where as the more level headed person in response simply contacted AP about their concern.. and AP responded with action.
At the end of the day, it's tiny piece of art on a pinball machine about fictitious people and a fictitious monkey. Yet some people take that to mean it's encouraging or supporting certain behaviors. My god, I hope no one starts saying there shouldn't be MURDER in your pinball games and no one can 'kill enemies' anymore...

Whoever said that quote is far too beta and deranged to be the head of anything.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

$7395.00 not including shipping.

I could have sworn Joe said that included shipping. Maybe I misremembered....

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

No one should touch or suggest sexual behaviour in an unwanted or aggressive way.
Absolutely, but we are debating removal of a cartoon monkey who is up to some cheekiness and some people are assimilating this with more serious offences and being triggered into making stupid accusations.
Surely common sense will prevail at some stage soon and people will realise it is just a cheeky cartoon monkey.
The world is way too sensitive at the moment and everyone needs to take a chill pill.
I see the craziness in America at the moment and DO NOT WANT their problems in Australia.
Unfortunately this is slowly creeping into our "take the piss culture" and the media is a MASSIVE problem in this area.
So many more serious issues to attend to than this.

Exactly. Equating a mischievous pet monkey with sexual assault, and according to one a-hole, pedophilia, is beyond absurd. Very sad this BS has now crossed over into pinball. I challenge all manufacturers to stand your ground and not kowtow to these crazies. Do so at your own peril.

#274 5 years ago

This is the only image AP should pull off Octoberfest. It offends me. Call me crazy but I like my women without a mustache.

20181028_174331 (resized).jpg20181028_174331 (resized).jpg
#275 5 years ago

Some of this has strayed from the Octoberfest pinball machine itself. I apologize for being part of that.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

3 rd post on first page. Joe states "Plus shipping".

#277 5 years ago

The first picture does not tell the whole story. This image was just released showing the very moments before the other picture was taken.

thumbnail-1504656531236 (resized).jpgthumbnail-1504656531236 (resized).jpg
#278 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

3 rd post on first page. Joe states "Plus shipping".

No I know but I thought his original response was no shipping included or the title of this thread said including shipping. I must have been dreaming!

#279 5 years ago

LTG

But to the playability and initial reaction to OF...

Like I said, I played it, I played almost everything new at Expo... If this machine sat next to a CGC MBrCE in an arcade, the MB would be earning more than OF in my opinion. There were lines to play both machines, and arguably OF was always the longest, including the line for JJP POTC. I attribute that to the newness of OF and the fact that most dont have to play a MB... you know the game, you only need play one game to see the new shiny from CGC.

The wireforms, the toys, and the layout seem to be mostly fine, but it could have used some back leg hike to speed it up a bit. The roller coaster wireform is pretty and twisty, but ball travel time on it felt like watching ice melt. I agree the CG on the display needs some tweeking, not too thrilled with the already pointed out cut and pasty artwork. The machine feels solid, and they did claim all three machines were prototypes, and are not sample games. Not quite certain what look other than Bavarian Landhaus would fit the theme, but I have been to the Munich Oktoberfest back in 1999 and let me tell you, it was impressive but the transfer of the festival atmosphere to this machine seems to be all the stereotypical things Americans think happen at Oktoberfest and I am not certain the Bavarians are going to like or hate the campy send up of their festival. If you are German, please chime in. There is nothing like the smell of putting your leather leaderhosen on and heading to Munich to drink some really good beer.

As for the rest of the traffic on this thread, well Maybe Joe could rename this one and start a new sales thread or the mods could help him out. I think API and Joe and PinballSTAR have suffered enough fallout here already from this whole afair.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

mr iceberg sales will only tank if gameplay sucks. bottom line. a few people putting the art under a microscope making a big bruhhaha over nothing. ap has acted and is changing the art. no big deal to me either way. i am glad they did change it as i would hate a company to lose 1 sale over something so small. as far as women and pinball i have seen the most utmost respect for women in all the times i have been at tournaments smh!

#281 5 years ago

I Guess Next Tuesday we will vote Monkey or No Monkey!

(Not a political opinion, just poor humor, and the note that voting is next week. This joke is not meant to be representative of any political opinion or endorsement. Nor is this bad joke to be taken as a position on said actual Monkey Drama. Not responsible for any harm or damage caused, physical or psychological from reading this joke)

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Totally different. This monkey is dressed in people’s clothes. It’s been humanized as one of the drunken revelers at octoberfest

Seriously? You read that much from a single static image? I guess this dog is 'humanized' too?
dog (resized).jpgdog (resized).jpg

Quoted from Richthofen:

Monkeys don’t reach under women’s skirts like dogs hump legs.

So if it's natural, it's ok? If it's made up... it's offensive.

Just trying to keep up with it all...

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This is the only image AP should pull off Octoberfest. It offends me. Call me crazy but I like my women without a mustache. [quoted image]

It's the metal spike 3rd boob that I struggle with...

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still for an unlicensed game how do you come close to justifying this price? The game will only cost AP around $2800 for each machine!

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Still for an unlicensed game how do you come close to justifying this price? The game will only cost AP around $2800 for each machine!

Add infrastructure, distribution, marketing, and warranty reserves to your made up number and I think you will find you are way off. Granted nobody wants to see a manufacturing company Profitable?!?

#286 5 years ago

I SOOO know what our first mod figure is now. The Naughty Monkey Mod! Lol

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I SOOO know what our first mod figure is now. The Naughty Monkey Mod! Lol

Once I buy this machine...my first mod! This is my wife’s favorite little statue in our house.

66C4D7F1-D4FA-495A-8F4B-8BEED304EB8C (resized).jpeg66C4D7F1-D4FA-495A-8F4B-8BEED304EB8C (resized).jpeg
#288 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Once I buy this machine...my first mod! This is my wife’s favorite little statue in our house. [quoted image]

Too funny but by the look in his eyes I Know what he wants to do with that finger and I find it offensively awesome! I was thinking more of a groaping monkey with a winking eye. From this sad turn of cartoon events may open up new opportunity. I Do hope API knows offering that old translite design would defiantly open up mass revenue return. Lol

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Add infrastructure, distribution, marketing, and warranty reserves to your made up number and I think you will find you are way off. Granted nobody wants to see a manufacturing company Profitable?!?

Go ahead and add it in there, you still can't justify this price for an unlicensed machine. If you do, how do you compare this same price to a licensed title? You can't.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Go ahead and add it in there, you still can't justify this price for an unlicensed machine. If you do, how do you compare this same price to a licensed title? You can't.

Guess your right no argument but it’s a business and they don’t need to sell to everyone. If you like it and see the value your a buyer. If not there are many really great titles other than this one to choose from. Only the buyer needs to be happy with their decision.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

The game will only cost AP around $2800 for each machine!

There's always someone with an anal cavity full of numbers, ready to reach in and pull some out.

If you don't like the price don't buy it, but you can just say you don't want it, you don't have to make up an excuse.

#292 5 years ago

Man, we are really beating a dead monkey on this thread huh. Let’s move on here guys.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Lol. So what should a DILE cost then Obe Wan?

#294 5 years ago

I'd like to see more titties and cleavage similar to Heidi in the "Bier Haus" slot machine. One of mine and my wife's favorite.

If the art is being changed at all lets put that in the rework guys!

Think "Big Juicy Melons".

#295 5 years ago

MONKEY!

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd like to see more titties and cleavage similar to Heidi in the "Bier Haus" slot machine. One of mine and my wife's favorite.
If the art is being changed at all lets put that in the rework guys!
Think "Big Juicy Melons".

After this monkey fiasco I wouldn’t be surprised if the women are in burkas and ski pants in the next revision. Lol

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Not quite certain what look other than Bavarian Landhaus would fit the theme, but I have been to the Munich Oktoberfest back in 1999 and let me tell you, it was impressive but the transfer of the festival atmosphere to this machine seems to be all the stereotypical things Americans think happen at Oktoberfest and I am not certain the Bavarians are going to like or hate the campy send up of their festival.

It's a pinball machine. It's not a wikipedia entry for expectations of a Munich Oktoberfest. It's not meant to be serious.

Lighten up people, it's just pinball.

#298 5 years ago

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Once I buy this machine...my first mod! This is my wife’s favorite little statue in our house. [quoted image]

I think the monkey wants you to smell his finger!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.