pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 5 years ago

Well my machine has a pot smoking hippy Evil monkey on it... so I got my monkey already.

CDA2F353-3E1C-4D78-A50B-895C94D239C3 (resized).pngCDA2F353-3E1C-4D78-A50B-895C94D239C3 (resized).png
#202 5 years ago

Well elephants are definitely out.....

#203 5 years ago

My first thought after reading some posts that the monkey was sexually assaulting the two cartoon women, was... how does someone jump to that conclusion without more information.

Both appear to be smiling and not in distress. For all we know the cartoon women may have given consent.

Perhaps we should have asked these cartoon women how they felt about this situation before jumping to a conclusion.

(This is my lame attempt at sarcasm.)

#204 5 years ago

Replace all humans with chickens and call it cocktoberfest. Problem solved, right?

#205 5 years ago

I think the thing we need to do is not judge API on the monkey as much as on their reaction to the complaints. Some say they caved, others say they did the right thing. I for one thought the monkey’s days were numbered when I saw it the first time, but that was more a gut reaction knowing that exactly what happened was going to happen. I mean API really pooched mr monkey the moment they put bandaids on his privates... hilarious poke of fun at the craziest Houdini myth I have ever heard, but lets face it, monkey castration is not a subject that comes up in conversation often, or if ever except here on Pinside. I get the reaction from both sides, but negative press is still negative, but I remember a quote attributed to (but most likely not actually said by) a pretty famous carny about there is no such thing as bad publicity.

“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.” Oscar Wilde

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Seriously? You guys are killing me. Why is everyone so critical of what others do today? If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But don’t make a big deal about it!! No matter what a company does they will never be able to make everyone happy. So why are companies forced to comply with so many easily offended?
Afterall it is “art”.
Just my .02 , flame away!

Exactly, and where are all the complaints when sports figures slap ass after a good play. ??

#207 5 years ago

FFS monkeys are animals how anyone could be offended is a joke.

Seriously if the picture was a man grabbing a butt, fair enough but last time I checked monkeys are animals that don't obey human laws or conventions.

API don't cave in, nothing to apologise, as others have said have a female monkey groping a man and everything is nice and even.

#208 5 years ago

minority win like the idiots who killed APU

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

FFS monkeys are animals how anyone could be offended is a joke.
Seriously if the picture was a man grabbing a butt, fair enough but last time I checked monkeys are animals that don't obey human laws or conventions.
API don't cave in, nothing to apologise, as others have said have a female monkey groping a man and everything is nice and even.

Agreed!

#210 5 years ago

looks like the monkey just wants a hug to me
poor monkey

#211 5 years ago

I know for a fact that all monkeys and apes like women.
I just saw a ape molest a young Jessica Lange and she liked it.
King Kong,1979. Watch it!

#212 5 years ago

In the end they killed him.
I say”save the monkey “

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You call that sexual assault? My dog sniffs and licks people wherever she wants. Is that sexual assault?
I hate when overly sensitive types bully companies into changing something that was totally harmless. AP should show some backbone and leave the monkey in. It's hilarious.

Of course it's not - but we don't want to see a picture of your dog sniffing someone's private parts on a pinball machine, either. There's a difference.

And a lot of you are jumping the gun and saying everyone is "offended". Most of the posts here I don't see people actually being offended, nor do I see people making a "huge deal" out of it - it's just negative comments about the artwork and it being in bad taste and just not belonging. Again, there's a difference. I didn't see the monkey picture and get personally "offended", I saw it and thought it really doesn't belong on a pinball machine. Having one hand on the girls ass while looking up is one thing and would've probably been fine, but having the other hand under her skirt - well, IMO it's too far. We all can have opinions on that - that's why there's a forum.

#214 5 years ago

I always knew Monkeys Liked Women!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#215 5 years ago

Not to be an echo, but when I watched the stream I saw a monkey climbing, reaching, and jumping ( his left leg in mid air ) for a hot dog and two weirdly pretty girls. Now I am being told to see it a different way.. This monkey gate feels over blown to me.

#216 5 years ago

Monkey was lookin for love in all the wrong places.
Who among isn’t quilty of that at least once?
There is a country song about it. Haha

#217 5 years ago

Maybe those girls were packing bananas in their skirts. If so, that's entrapment

That's funny!

#218 5 years ago

i think houdini looked great .

#219 5 years ago

we should be talking about pinball here

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I'm monkeyed out , time to watch the UFC.

Thats going to help?

#221 5 years ago

what other machines have 'inappropriate' images? must be loads! especially the old ones when the world was not pc mad.

#222 5 years ago

An obnoxious handful of crazies do not control the narrative. That's just noise. I think the vast majority in this hobby possess common sense, perspective and a sense of humor and roll their eyes at this nonsense.

I'm very disappointed to see AP backpedaling, apologizing and committing to rework anything deemed offensive. There goes my respect.

How can you say the crazies don't control the narrative? Their Facebook page was blowing up over the monkey, this thread has blown up about the monkey, it has obviously become the narrative. Now the fact that they are removing the monkey is causing them loss of respect

AP is in the business of building and selling pinball machines, not fighting against censorship and upholding a monkey's right to be groping whatever he wants to grope. When in the situation they need to be asking themselves if this is an issue worth risking sales of the machine and a bunch of bad publicity, if not then move on. That's just smart business. Leave the arguing with the crazies to people who have more time, like other crazies.

#223 5 years ago

Paul_8788 how are you able to sway American pinball's financing to change designs in its late stages of production ? it sounds costly

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

Paul_8788 how are you able to sway American pinball's financing to change designs in its late stages of production ? it sounds costly

No clue what you are talking about. I am not trying to sway American Pinball in any way shape or form. I am fine with monkey and without monkey. My buying/playing decision wouldn't ride on something that I find to be trivial to the point of ridiculous (as is the fact that this has been a controversy at all, either having it or removing it).

If they are a reasonably functioning business, which I assume they are, they looked at the costs of changing the art, vs the perceived risks in not changing the art, determined what was important to them and made a decision. Simple, basic common sense, until the internet gets a hold of it.

#225 5 years ago

I swear, SJWs would be offended if the game came in a blank cabinet with just the name printed on it. “That font is so misogynistic.....” can’t you guys leave even one aspect of society alone??? Seriously, it’s filtered all the way down to pinball??

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

No clue what you are talking about. I am not trying to sway American Pinball in any way shape or form. I am fine with monkey and without monkey. My buying/playing decision wouldn't ride on something that I find to be trivial to the point of ridiculous (as is the fact that this has been a controversy at all, either having it or removing it).
If they are a reasonably functioning business, which I assume they are, they looked at the costs of changing the art, vs the perceived risks in not changing the art, determined what was important to them and made a decision. Simple, basic common sense, until the internet gets a hold of it.

Thanks for the clarification some of your thoughts were sounding like planned changes from american pinball . i agree with you on the more important things this machine may offer we should be talkng about that .

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

There's a depiction of two women being sexually assaulted by a monkey on this game, just why? Not anything I'd ever purchase, definitely not something I'd deem as being "family friendly"
[quoted image]

can an animal/monkey be charged with sexual assault?

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t believe we are having this discussion on a pinball forum. But yes, that is legally definable as misdemeanour sexual assault.

legally. they gonna lock dogs up now or their owners?

#229 5 years ago

nice machine

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wonder if people would think about it differently if it was a priest grabbing two boys asses. I feel people are a lot more tolerant of a hot woman being sexually assaulted by a man or a monkey than a boy being sexually assaulted by a priest, but in the end, it's really the same thing. We are teaching our kids about consent and asking before they touch, in part so they don't get sexually assaulted... and that image just isn't what a lot of parents, businesses and women are going to want in their house/business, it makes it really only a bachelor and bar game. They can keep the sexy and get rid of the creepy and sell more games. There's always a small market for aftermarket x-rated translites for those that want them.

makes sense now. you are from seattle. ap please make a seattle and california edition. problem solved

#231 5 years ago

spank that monkey!

#232 5 years ago

To bad about the monkey - would have made a cool Easter egg. So is this a translight or backglass?

#233 5 years ago

Ok, now I have figured out the problem my brain has been having with the whole situation.

Houdini's castrated monkey shows up in Oktoberfest backglass with his hands in poorly placed locations...

But that's not what has been bothering me...

How does a castrated monkey even have the libido to sexually assault the women? I thought this is what they did to eunuchs to keep them from assaulting the virgins they were guarding? Or is that getting too deep in the weed(s)?

#234 5 years ago

A monkey with his hands on womens butts and they're smiling is removed from a pinball translite bc of snowflakes? Wow.

What in the hell is going on in this world. So sad.

#235 5 years ago

The sad face of the [Me Too] monkey.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

A monkey with his hands on woman's butts and they're smiling is removed from a pinball translite bc of snowflakes? Wow.
What in the hell is going on in this world. So sad.

Just think - they vote too.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Houdini's castrated monkey shows up in Oktoberfest backglass

He's facing the other direction. No way of knowing if it's the same monkey or castrated.

What does worry me, is reading all the Facebook posts it appears that a lot of women competing in tournaments are subjected to verbal or physical abuse.

Why in hell are the people running these tournaments, or other players ( especially the keyboard brave crowd ) not stepping up and doing something about this ?

LTG

#238 5 years ago

the anti anti monkey people seem to be making more of the anti monkey people than the anti monkey people made of the monkey...going full on politics with it(which is a pinside kick)! on and on and on about pc culture blah blah. lol. a couple people said it was weird having a monkey with his arm up an ass on a pinball which seems like a reasonable human reaction....you guys are going nuts with the defense! over compensating? what the hell? pinside is weird as shit sometimes. rage against the machine fellas!!

#239 5 years ago

look ...... pinball with beer all over the place

8aca76c890d9464a4dc5854b5037b5ade03ae801 (resized).jpeg8aca76c890d9464a4dc5854b5037b5ade03ae801 (resized).jpeg

Does this come with a cup holder?

#240 5 years ago

If ReviewtechUSA covers this in YouTube, PinballGate begins. In all seriousness though, I never even noticed this when I was playing/looking at the game.

#241 5 years ago

My mother taught me to respect women. I do it because it feels right, it makes women respect me, and I don't feel the need to cat call, wolf whistle, or comment publicly on the strengths or weaknesses of somebody else's hotness or lack of it. It doesn't take a lot of effort to do, and in the middle of a tournament is not the place to be trying to score anything but points on the backglass. If I was groped or verbally assaulted or saw someone else get attacked while trying to compete, I might throw a fist or two at the asshole who did it, so I wouldn't try it around me. When it comes to respect, I am not a snowflake, I am a freaking Titanic sinking iceberg.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Of course it's not - but we don't want to see a picture of your dog sniffing someone's private parts on a pinball machine, either. There's a difference.
And a lot of you are jumping the gun and saying everyone is "offended". Most of the posts here I don't see people actually being offended, nor do I see people making a "huge deal" out of it - it's just negative comments about the artwork and it being in bad taste and just not belonging. Again, there's a difference. I didn't see the monkey picture and get personally "offended", I saw it and thought it really doesn't belong on a pinball machine. Having one hand on the girls ass while looking up is one thing and would've probably been fine, but having the other hand under her skirt - well, IMO it's too far. We all can have opinions on that - that's why there's a forum.

What the hell man?! That's just crazy talk. How dare you post an intelligent perspective and dispute the logic of the Pinside reactionary mob!

#243 5 years ago

so the targets that spell out October are curved and flippers are there, at least sorcerer had a wall to bounce the shot off of

8aca76c890d9464a4dc5854b5037b5ade03ae801 (resized).jpg8aca76c890d9464a4dc5854b5037b5ade03ae801 (resized).jpg
#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My mother taught me to respect women. I do it because it feels right, it makes women respect me, and I don't feel the need to cat call, wolf whistle, or comment publicly on the strengths or weaknesses of somebody else's hotness or lack of it. It doesn't take a lot of effort to do, and in the middle of a tournament is not the place to be trying to score anything but points on the backglass. If I was groped or verbally assaulted or saw someone else get attacked while trying to compete, I might throw a fist or two at the asshole who did it, so I wouldn't try it around me. When it comes to respect, I am not a snowflake, I am a freaking Titanic sinking iceberg.

LOL Alright tough guy.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

LOL Alright tough guy.

seriously - is this guy kidding me? Talk about making this into an entirely diff subject. Who would disagree with what he's saying? Yes I agree - that is an illegal act and people should be punished.

I'm talking about a drawing where everyone is having a fun time. Two consenting adults AND a Monkey! haha

seriously - as I type this I laugh at how ridiculous this entire thing is. Snowflakes of the world - close your eyes - breath in and then breath out. It will all be OK. Maybe stay inside and watch carebears until bed time. Or grab a participation trophy to remind yourself of the happy times.

#246 5 years ago

@pinbum, I was responding to the post about women being assaulted while competing in a tournament. If someone doesn't stand up for respect, I have none for them. Pretty simple math.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

pinbum, I was responding to the post about women being assaulted while competing in a tournament. If someone doesn't stand up for respect, I have none for them. Pretty simple math.

Didn't read that, i have respect for women also but were talking about monkeys here.

#248 5 years ago

Time to jump in, even though I know I’m wasting my time.

First of all, the art on this game is lazy as hell and really bad. All the women depicted are turned away because apparently butts. It’s so lazy and not even like... sexy? If they were going for sexy they really kind of mailed it in with shitty tropes. When I think about some of the racy backglasses in the 1970s like Bally strikes and spares, at least then the women were depicted as entire humans and not just a twisted neck / ass first caricature. The only reason the women are twisting back to look at the camera is so you know it’s a woman’s butt.

Second, sticking your hand up a woman’s skirt at a big old public event like octoberfest happens a shit ton. Drunk assholes do it, women feel like shit, and it ain’t funny. It’s a bad “joke”, I can’t believe people would fight for it. Yeah it’s a monkey depicted. That’s probably actually because if you drew letchy uncle Al doing it, it would be skeevy as hell and no one would want that on their pinball. But because it’s a monkey, it turns it into this playful thing like “haha sexual assaulting monkey just can’t help himself!” Sigh. No one is taking the fun away from these games. Hell I’d argue none of the classic pins had anything like this in it. Not even whoa Nellie, which is one big boob joke as a pinball machine, had any gropy cows or farmers.

You can call me triggered or some sort of SJW, that’s fine. I definitely think there’s a time for crude humor. I’ve seen plenty of comics who have way worse stuff in their routine. But there’s a huge difference between someone “working blue” who by virtue of their role as a comic we know is saying things they don’t believe, in a private venue for adults; and a pinball machine out in the public.

The “joke” ain’t funny. And I have a feeling the specific joke isn’t the issue for most of the people complaining here. The issue is people hate change; they hate having to admit they might have been wrong. But if we want to live in the kind of place where we don’t have women groped by assholes who are just confident enough to do it because they’ve never been called out for doing it, because most people are conditioned to just let it slide... maybe we might have to change the kind of stuff we put out there. You can still depict sexy, confident women in pinball IMHO (which this pin does not do). Strikes and Spares, Mata Hari, paragon, they all do that. This pin depicts a monkey putting his hand up a skirt at a big public drinking festival. That’s not sexy and not funny.

#249 5 years ago

Looks like a pretty fun game....not sure its $7700 worth of fun

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

When it comes to respect, I am not a snowflake, I am a freaking Titanic sinking iceberg.

I laughed.

People need to lighten up. Everyone has an opinion, that's the point of a forum right? If your point of view is that people are too sensitive then maybe don't act so sensitive about it.

Seems to me the issue is consent. Make your sexy jokes punch up, and not down, and people will all be happier I'm sure. Elvira makes blowjob jokes and moans orgasms for jackpots and no one freaks, because she's in control, so it's not creepy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders/page/5?hl=drained and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.