pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 5 years ago

LMAO really, SJW in a pinball thread? Go google women being groped by monkeys. There's plenty of it out there who clearly are not going to take the monkeys to court. Are you another one of those people just looking for something to rage against? Look, I get it, you don't like it, but the people trying to make it into some offensive thing women would balk at are clueless. My wife laughed when she saw it. Now, as to whether it belongs in the theme? No idea. Much like the people complaining about the girl with the moustache had no idea that was a big part of Oktoberfest...so I mean, as usual the vocal few are trying to make it sound like they are the majority.

I've changed my mind. They need to remove the balls from the game. We wouldn't want to offend those without. Better yet, all new pinballs should have artwork similar to Supreme, there's nothing to be offended about there. And no sounds, because we wouldn't want to offend deaf people. I could go on, because once you start, it never stops. EVERYONE is offended by something.

At this rate many 70's/80's pins should be burned for their subject matter and artwork.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Well, you thought wrong.
...and that was not his intent in shooting it or mine in choosing it.

Yet I'm still typing with only one hand so...really whom's to blame?

Quoted from Zablon:

LMAO really, SJW in a pinball thread?

I appreciate after 3 years you've just now started coming on the forums and learning what they are like. You're going to be amazed.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Played it at Expo... it was ok... but a bit slow. The artwork is actually my problem with it. And not the monkey, although I have a wife who would go off the rails if she spotted it. If this hobby wasn't such a sausage fest all the time, these kinds of humorous sight gags would be tolerated much less. We have to agree this has been mostly a man's industry historically, from the aspect of design and tone and art. They sold what sells to men. It's just the clientele is getting more feminine and all us 15 to 28 year old men became 45 to 58 year old men with wives. And pin wives matter. Mine didn't like OF, she liked MBrLE, and PinballStar has me 10th on that list, Thanks Joe.
But back to the art. I think the girl and the guy in lederhosen both are kind of creepy looking, they look like the Photoshop surgeon had one too many hi balls and butchered their features together from stock photos and had to use poses that didn't fit how they actually used them. The monkey wasn't assaulting the beer garden girls, he was running away in abject horror from the artwork and ran smack dab into the poor women's behinds....

My pinwife, who hates sex scenes in movies or on TV, saw the pictures and said "where's the cleavage, it's supposed to be Oktoberfest?".

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yet I'm still typing with only one hand so...really whom's to blame?

I appreciate after 3 years you've just now started coming on the forums and learning what they are like. You're going to be amazed.

LOL, yea, I should know. I'm not new to forums. Heck you should see the cat fights on my wifes' quilting and cross stitching forums. Gets brutal.

#105 5 years ago

Does anyone know if this machine plays the chicken dance song?

#106 5 years ago

More Monkey

#107 5 years ago

API Game 4 just announced "Pervert Monkey offends the world!" with red face offensive torso bar maid as his partner in crime!

#108 5 years ago

Monkey Lives Matter!

#109 5 years ago

@ghostrachel, WN!BJM was the first modern day pin that, although done tongue in cheek, no pun intended, it was a throwback to the old days of pin humor. Yet, as you point out, these themes are pretty gender specific to the hobby and the times they be a changing. Our league being a very good indicator of the change (see you at Mark’s event in November?) I have been pleased to see how things have been progressing.

But back to OF... I think it needs a tweek in the art department, and not specifically the deviant, cross species, ham handed, (or is that monkey fisted?) attempt at a sight gag that could have been better thought out. I remember seeing all kinds of non-sexual sight gags in backglass art before, most of it pratfalls or slapstick or if sexual it was usually burlesque, which is where Mr Monkey kind of went astray. Burlesque humor takes benign sayings, images, and events and sexualizes them without being too socially unacceptable. Hands off kind of humor, literally. Things are different today, yes, and here is how far we have come-

Red Skelton said that he was arrested for public indecency once while doing the following little burlesque skit... Man walks over to a pretty young woman holding an umbrella on her shoulder, he takes off his coat and kneeling, lays it over a “puddle” in front of her so she can step over it. Woman grabs her pettycoats and hikes them up to her ankles, steps over the puddle and says “Do you think it will keep raining?, the man, (Red Skelton of course), looks at her skirt then at the audience and says “I would like to see it clear up!”

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But back to OF... I think it needs a tweek in the art department,

American Pinball is going to do that. And apologized on Facebook to those offended.

LTG : )

#111 5 years ago

Should probably get rid of the beer theme too. Shouldn't really be promoting alcoholism.

#112 5 years ago

Case closed... ; )

E0614FE8-F9B4-4194-81A7-8AD2E7630A3B (resized).jpegE0614FE8-F9B4-4194-81A7-8AD2E7630A3B (resized).jpeg
#113 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Case closed... ; )

Just for fun. If you see a negative comment on Facebook about the monkey, scroll through the posters Facebook page and see what they have posted. Apparently if it's on their Facebook page, it's okay.

#114 5 years ago

If we order one now can we still have the original artwork? With monkey like this.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Case closed... ; )[quoted image]

I sincerely hope this doesn't mean AP isn't hiding naked chicks in plain sight on OF. Still trying to find the second one in Houdini's art package...

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Should probably get rid of the beer theme too. Shouldn't really be promoting alcoholism.

You can enjoy beer without being alcoholic. I rarely drink it, but always enjoy it when I do.

#117 5 years ago

All they need do is back him off a foot... monkey chasing woman would have got a pass... it was his wandering hands that got him in trouble, but then one could argue it is forced perspective and the original intent wasn't to be grabbing them but chasing them in the first place... some see assault, others see crazy monkey chasing women... artist fail in my opinion in that he put the hands in unfortunate poses (cash grab! and skirt inspector) More than likely is was a way of saving backglass real estate and they moved him inadvertantly during a redesign and didn't realize the mistake... I could give them the benefit of that doubt, we got women with two right feet, a funky spined beer hall girl who scares kids because they can’t tell if she is coming or going, and may just start spider walking up the wall, rip your head off and eat your brains out of your skull like a bowl of candy on Halloween. But they seem to be contrite and responsive. At least they are not operating in a vacuum.

#118 5 years ago

Unreal.... 20 pages of people demanding tits and "R" ratings and a cartoon Monkey reaching for a Butt has everyone in arms. Too funny. Bet they don't even bother changing anything further on the art now with this cry. Do hope nobody starts complaining If they miss the ship forecast now that they need to go back to the drawing board. I have cash in hand to buy one of those original Cartoon back glasses!

#119 5 years ago

I agree, if they give in to the PC crowd whining about a monkey they should lose a lot of buyers.

#120 5 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#121 5 years ago

@yelobird, If they have a palette or two of backglasses that are already screened, I’m sure they will be available through all the right back channels we know exist in the hobby/industry... More than likely someone will pick them out of the dumpster at midnight and have them on here for sale for $1000 faster than you can say Evil Monkey... there’s an evil monkey in my closet...

#122 5 years ago

People are overly sensitive. Political correctness is ruining everything .

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have cash in hand to buy one of those original Cartoon back glasses!

I'd want one too.

#124 5 years ago

Well I am realizing now that I will never get the art package I would want on an Oktoberfest pin. It is just too bad!

#125 5 years ago

I see the perfect opportunity to make an aftermarket alternate translite/backglass here. You know for the people without baby eyes and ears.

#126 5 years ago

WTF are a couple of you talking about? I don’t see clear monkey hand to behind contact. Do you? The monkey is close but keeps himself in check. There is an inch gap of air space between the monkeys hand the smiling girls behinds. Does that make you feel better?

And if the art is changed I really don’t expect anyone who complained to go out and buy the game anyway. You were never in the market as a real buyer - admit it! Isn’t this a beer/drinking game for adults anyway?

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

. I have cash in hand to buy one of those original Cartoon back glasses!

Right there with you!!

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can enjoy beer without being alcoholic. I rarely drink it, but always enjoy it when I do.

Well, you can enjoy a monkey's hand on your rear without being into beasti-....wait...n/m.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Seriously? You guys are killing me. Why is everyone so critical of what others do today? If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

I think that's precisely what American is worried about, people won't buy it because of the non-consensual ass grabbing. Why not do a slight change on the art to make it less creepy and sell more pins? In the end, American wants to sell games.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

People are overly sensitive. Political correctness is ruining everything .

it is not. The internet is ruining everything.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In a nutshell. Around Houdini's time it was believed if you removed the nutsack from a monkey and sewed it onto yours, you would be more virile.
It was rumored Houdini did this, and may have contributed to his infection, appendix, death. Though never proven.
Enough about that. Let's concentrate on the toy ducks in liederhosen.

This is TRUE!?

http://www.houdinifile.com/2015/10/monkey-glands-revisited.html?m=1

816C2BA4-4E5A-4EA9-B246-8729070C2313 (resized).jpeg816C2BA4-4E5A-4EA9-B246-8729070C2313 (resized).jpeg

#132 5 years ago

I didn't think pinball players were politically correct , thats why i like them folks, political correctness is mind control . enjoy your mind control

#133 5 years ago

For $7,400 a buyer probably SHOULD be picky about artwork and the look they want.
But its a tough situation - give the buyer what he/she wants, and also in today's world, walk that fine line between what art package is acceptable in public situations vs. what is more suited for private homes. Probably indeed, the aftermarket providers will soon enough make available an alternate translite for this title. I'd be surprised if a few weren't already in production.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

I didn't think pinball players were politically correct , thats why i like them folks, political correctness is mind control . enjoy your mind control

being nice and kind and empathetic is one thing, but the pendulum is swinging knee jerk into a wall and being welded there. It's getting crazy. I agree, the internet is ruining the world. It was much better when only the geeks/nerds were part of it.

#135 5 years ago

I wonder if people would think about it differently if it was a priest grabbing two boys asses. I feel people are a lot more tolerant of a hot woman being sexually assaulted by a man or a monkey than a boy being sexually assaulted by a priest, but in the end, it's really the same thing. We are teaching our kids about consent and asking before they touch, in part so they don't get sexually assaulted... and that image just isn't what a lot of parents, businesses and women are going to want in their house/business, it makes it really only a bachelor and bar game. They can keep the sexy and get rid of the creepy and sell more games. There's always a small market for aftermarket x-rated translites for those that want them.

#136 5 years ago

There is a

Quoted from nwpinball:

I wonder if people would think about it differently if it was a priest grabbing two boys asses. I feel people are a lot more tolerant of a hot woman being sexually assaulted by a man or a monkey than a boy being sexually assaulted by a priest, but in the end, it's really the same thing. We are teaching our kids about consent and asking before they touch, in part so they don't get sexually assaulted... and that image just isn't what a lot of parents, businesses and women are going to want in their house/business, it makes it really only a bachelor and bar game. They can keep the sexy and get rid of the creepy and sell more games. There's always a small market for aftermarket x-rated translites for those that want them.

Like this Translite? Who would own such a thing! I am kidding but where does it end?

86144156-51F3-4D27-9C9E-A4366D1FD1BF (resized).png86144156-51F3-4D27-9C9E-A4366D1FD1BF (resized).png

#137 5 years ago

i agree it was better when nerds/geeks were using this medium for research and such but then marketing lead us to this day were shoving everybodys nose into our buisness and hearing how they are better than us and they should be the first in line and everything should be twirling around their butt . its kinda funny really

(being nice and kind and empathetic is one thing, but the pendulum is swinging knee jerk into a wall and being welded there. It's getting crazy. I agree, the internet is ruining the world. It was much better when only the geeks/nerds were part of it.)

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Why the hell would you bring up pedophilia? WTH is wrong with you. And your logic is absurd.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

but the pendulum is swinging knee jerk into a wall and being welded there. It's getting crazy. I agree, the internet is ruining the world.

It is crazy. I've read some of the anti monkey responses on Facebook. And dug into their Facebook pages. Funny how many say one thing, yet have something different on their Facebook pages. Or some of the women who have posted referring to the neanderthal males that have made posts pro monkey, use swear words towards them.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am kidding but where does it end?

?somewhere in between a movie monster carrying a woman in bathing suit and a monkey sticking his hand up a woman's ass...?

#141 5 years ago

What if the monkey is in a romantic relationship with those girls?

People are so close minded nowadays!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Why the hell would you bring up pedophilia? WTH is wrong with you. And your logic is absurd. Girst time ever I'm blocking someone after one post, but you earned it.

Because I've had a creepy priest touch me inappropriately and that's exactly what I thought of when I saw that backglass--someone getting grabbed without consent. I get that you don't get the logic, to you grabbing a woman's ass without consent is totally OK and funny, but if different genders or ages are involved it's not. To me, and a lot of people, it's all very similar. You can ignore that message if you want, you don't have to try to understand why people might take issue with the art, but I feel like I can at least try to explain it to you in a way that might make sense. It's creepy artwork, and to someone that's been grabbed without consent or sexually assaulted, it's going to bother them. American realizes that now and is changing it, good for them, they sent out a great message about it and it was well received by the women in our community.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

But yes, that is legally definable as misdemeanour sexual assault

No it’s not. Sexual assault, from a legal definition perspective, is a human to human crime. You can’t charge a monkey or a cat or a wolf or any other animal with sexual assault and put them in jail or hail them into civil court.

#144 5 years ago

I love the art forms that pinball machines have presented in the past and now , i never feel that i object to the art on pinball machines they tell a story about the times that they came out of, i don't mind hearing what people think, but i feel that some people suffer from a busy body kinda mentality , they worry too much about the images and they don't allow things to flow to there natural levels instead they try to take control of everything , kinda like political correctness try's to persuade their narrative on to us bullying people to be like them , if people are good, kind and have some kind of moral compass then nothing bad should come of anything except for the unpredictable nature of fate's hand . quit telling me about how something is going to be received in marketing because of your children,
we all have people in our lives. just do the right thing enjoy life enjoy one another and enjoy pinball and if octoberfest shows me one more beer i'm heading for the fridge

#145 5 years ago

It's a monkey folks get over it you bunch of twinkies. The monkey is not real it's art, check out some of Pythons artwork.

#146 5 years ago

Im not sure whose writing some of these posts!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#147 5 years ago

Public written apology and an admission of guilt? Crazy. Talk about backing yourself into a corner now and forever.

#148 5 years ago

After reading these comments I’m not sure what to say. Pinball has always had certain things that have been edgy...and I like that. Others don’t, so don’t by it. If we wash everything away that may offend someone (and I’m talking every single persons opinion being held as important as everyone else’s...well...we’d have a Supreme. Actually, I’m sure that offends someone too.

#149 5 years ago

American Pinball did the right thing in apologizing and saying they will change the back glass. Not that I agree with the SJW crowd at all, but as a business AP does not want the narrative about their new pin being controlled by them and focused on something so irrelevant. Now hopefully the warriors are all placated and can find something else to focus on censoring and AP can get back to making the pin.

#150 5 years ago

To the parents offended about the monkey, let me tell you, do not ever take your kid to the Zoo because i saw a monkey masturbate in front of the whole crowd of people like he didn't care.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders/page/3?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.