pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 5 years ago

It's not about making everyone happy, it's about doing the right thing and getting the value of product for my money.
The monkey grabbing ass is funny yet tasteless. Would it matter in a bar...no. But in an arcade...maybe. But what if it was the difference between an arcade franchise buying 10 machines for say Dave n Busters?
I don't know if it matters but I wouldn't want to roll the dice on a 10 machine sale either.
-Mike

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Seriously? You guys are killing me. Why is everyone so critical of what others do today? If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But don’t make a big deal about it!! No matter what a company does they will never be able to make everyone happy. So why are companies forced to comply with so many easily offended?
Afterall it is “art”.
Just my .02 , flame away!

Who is making a big deal? I just stated that it's creepy (which it is) and I hope to see it removed. Simple as that.

It won't keep me from buying the game. I'd just rather not see it. That's my .02.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

There's a depiction of two women being sexually assaulted by a monkey on this game, just why? Not anything I'd ever purchase, definitely not something I'd deem as being "family friendly"
[quoted image]

You call that sexual assault? My dog sniffs and licks people wherever she wants. Is that sexual assault?

I hate when overly sensitive types bully companies into changing something that was totally harmless. AP should show some backbone and leave the monkey in. It's hilarious.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You call that sexual assault? My dog sniffs and licks people wherever she wants. Is that sexual assault?
I hate when overly sensitive types bully companies into changing something that was totally harmless. Show some backbone and leave the monkey in. It's hilarious.

Thank God I was starting to think my dog was the only one and had a problem!! lol My guess is Most of the critics have not played the game. Once you play it I think most will overlook simple cartoon art on the side of the cabinet or even the playfield. It's a made up game without license which means they have free creative license to make the art whatever they think looks best. Play the game, I suspect you'll get over what cup size the cartoon women is.

#55 5 years ago

I would not buy one if they change the monkey grabbing some monkey.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Seriously? You guys are killing me. Why is everyone so critical of what others do today? If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. But don’t make a big deal about it!! No matter what a company does they will never be able to make everyone happy. So why are companies forced to comply with so many easily offended?
Afterall it is “art”.

Get a life. It doesn’t have to be about being “offended”. They are supposed to be the family friendly company, and yeah it is sort of gross to see an animal sexually harassing ladies on a 7,000 toy. No, it doesn’t matter that they aren’t real.

#57 5 years ago

I hate when overly sensitive types bully companies into changing something that was totally harmless. AP should show some backbone and leave the monkey in. It's hilarious.

I can’t believe we are having this discussion on a pinball forum. But yes, that is legally definable as misdemeanour sexual assault.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t believe we are having this discussion on a pinball forum. But yes, that is legally definable as misdemeanour sexual assault.

The girls look like there enjoying it.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is a rabbit hole you don't want to go down. Trust me. People's opinions on this kind of thing in entertainment vary widely. WIDELY.

#60 5 years ago

Leave the monkey alone , he knows no better. MLM

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That is a rabbit hole you don't want to go down. Trust me. People's opinions on this kind of thing in entertainment vary widely. WIDELY.

You’re right, there’s no point. I wasn’t trying to make a moral point really, but a factual one - California Penal Code 243.4 pc. And I am failing to see why someone saying “I don’t really like this” is being overly sensitive or bullying. What a bunch of wimps

But I’m out, I’m out

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

It's not about making everyone happy, it's about doing the right thing and getting the value of product for my money.
The monkey grabbing ass is funny yet tasteless. Would it matter in a bar...no. But in an arcade...maybe. But what if it was the difference between an arcade franchise buying 10 machines for say Dave n Busters?
I don't know if it matters but I wouldn't want to roll the dice on a 10 machine sale either.
-Mike

D&B's isn't going to buy one of any pinball machine much less ten and it has nothing to do with art.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You’re right, there’s no point. I wasn’t trying to make a moral point really, but a factual one - California Penal Code 243.4 pc
But I’m out, I’m out

Would it be a kangaroo court if they charge the monkey with a crime?

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So, should we give the monkey a court date? Can I be on the jury? LOL

#65 5 years ago

sexual assaulting cartoon monkeys

he better lawyer up with Harvey birdman

#66 5 years ago

I will not buy it if they pull the monkey out. Just sayin.

#67 5 years ago

So, should we give the monkey a court date? Can I be on the jury? LOL

To be judged by a jury of his peers.

monkey.court (resized).jpegmonkey.court (resized).jpeg
#68 5 years ago

Sheesh, Just add a few stars
How many of Dave Christenson's games could pass muster today?

#69 5 years ago

Maybe those girls were packing bananas in their skirts. If so, that's entrapment

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Afterall it is “art”.

Because this is a discussion forum. That's what people do here: discuss what they like and don't like.

The art has many issues beyond the creepy monkey. The characters and poses are stiff and awkward, the colors don't draw the eye, it's hectic and all over the place without cohesion. And a monkey clawing at one girl's butt while sticking his hand up the other's skirt is definitely weird and creepy. Someone said they're going to change it, so hopefully they will.

I've heard good things from those who have shot it, and seems to be a nice layout actually. Art-wise it's got issues though, no doubt.

#71 5 years ago

Banana perfume, I swear.

chimpanzee-nytimes (resized).jpgchimpanzee-nytimes (resized).jpg
#72 5 years ago

I hope that monkey doesn't get nominated for a supreme court justice someday. Imagine if this picture surfaced.

Huge kudos to AmericanPinball for doing such a great theme. And even bigger kudos for them adding some humor into a machine. I seriously can't believe that people would get offended by this, let alone state that the poor little monkey is committing a criminal act. I am not a lawyer, but I am fairly certain that the sexual misconduct laws don't apply to monkeys.

I hope AP comes up with an art package more geared towards adults (kinda like playboy did with the pg and r rated inserts in their machines.) If they don't, I'll just have an artist friend update the backglass for me, like I did on BM66 with catwoman "sexually assaulting" batgirl (except batgirl is smiling.)

My 32 lb dalmatian just licked my leg. I am calling the police. #mydogisasexualpredator

#73 5 years ago

I think I was very friendly in my post. I want you to be you and me to be me. I certainly have a life and am very happy with it. I don’t attack others. Check all of my posts on this forum.

And I believe the comments I quoted weren’t just “I don’t like this” or “I don’t like that” they were more along the lines of “change this or I’m not buying” or “that’s just wrong”.

Not fighting or starting crap. Just don’t feel the whole world needs to be censored or policed because people don’t all act or speak the way others want them too.

#74 5 years ago

You guys realize that if a monkey does it, it's cute. It's only assault if you do it. Lighten up. It's a pinball game.

Why is this discussion spilling over into a buy thread anyway? There's already a Oktoberfest bashing thread. No need for 2.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:Lighten up. It's a pinball game.

+1

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 5 years ago

Agree, save Joes thread ...and the monkey!

F99E2ED5-97D9-4F12-9E11-5537B966F457 (resized).jpegF99E2ED5-97D9-4F12-9E11-5537B966F457 (resized).jpeg

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Don't think it's really that, it's just that if you're going to make it a bit salacious, and I see no reason why not, why on earth would it be a monkey putting its hands up girls' skirts ... most will think it strange, some will find it unpleasant. Just seems a bit tone deaf.

#78 5 years ago

How much without Art Blades?

#79 5 years ago

I really like this machine but for $7400 shipping should be included.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Better than on Data East Guns N Roses where there is a girl with no mouth or nose.

Coindork Maybe you got heroin girl .. mine has a slight face

B1243AE6-A1D1-43B7-B7AC-43CC8774BEAB (resized).jpegB1243AE6-A1D1-43B7-B7AC-43CC8774BEAB (resized).jpeg
#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You guys realize that if a monkey does it, it's cute. It's only assault if you do it. Lighten up. It's a pinball game.

Perhaps if we're lucky, AP will include an animation of the monkey running onscreen and squeezing some unsuspecting women's breasts too. Now that would really be cute and hilarious eh?
Yuk Yuk

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Now that would really be cute and hilarious eh?

This coming from a guy whom's avatar is a tuna fish gang bang?

I mean...that's what I thought it was anyway

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahh never seen it until now, good eye.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Better than on Data East Guns N Roses where there is a girl with no mouth or nose. [quoted image]

Her mouth is supposed to be there but on some games but it gets printed thin or not at all depending on how dry the screens were when they manufactured it. I have added it back on at least 2 clearcoat jobs.

#85 5 years ago

I think the playfield art is fine, the plastics is where things get a little weird to me (mustache lady). I think the plastics and cab art could use a little tweaking along with the right inner blade the other side is fine. Don't think the playfield itself needs anything.
The tents with different fonts is how all festival look, the tents are usually run by different people with different signs it looks fine. The cab art i really like to be able to read the whole name if your going to put it on there i don't like when its put on the side then half covered up makes no sense to put half of the name throw something else there half a beer keg is fine not half of Oktoberfest.

The world of everything beign so PC is getting ridiculous, little monkey grabbing some tale no big whop geez.

Not going to say i'm in till i play it but i'm very interested. I really like how they did something different. I thought i was in on Deadpool then i played it and thought i can wait till i find a used one down the road.

#86 5 years ago

The monkey thing is tone deaf. It was a poor choice to begin with. Now AP is going to have to deal with changing the art to cater to the new generation of pinball and be on what many would consider the right side of pinball history, or digging their heels in and keeping it to cater to the dudes that will be angry that they changed it because a bunch of people complained that they don't like the continued objectification of women in pinball art.

Whoa Nellie worked out pretty well so... oh wait.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Personally I love that the Houdini monkey makes an appearance or two on Oktoberfest, hilarious.

Look at the monkey in the bumper car on the pop bumper. He has his two band aids on his missing parts.

I love their attention to detail.

LTG : )

#88 5 years ago

If they do change the monkey art I’m all for a cop with a knee on the monkeys back with his long ass monkey arms behind his back in cuffs... a little wink to what was !

#89 5 years ago

Does everyone know the history of the monkey from Houdini ? And why he has band aids on his privates ? Has that been publically discussed yet ? It’s even more funnier than what we are discussing here. AP has a great sense of humor and deep knowledge of their theme. Maybe it’s the monkey who’s the victim here...

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Does everyone know the history of the monkey from Houdini ? And why he has band aids on his privates ?

In a nutshell. Around Houdini's time it was believed if you removed the nutsack from a monkey and sewed it onto yours, you would be more virile.

It was rumored Houdini did this, and may have contributed to his infection, appendix, death. Though never proven.

Enough about that. Let's concentrate on the toy ducks in liederhosen.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Does everyone know the history of the monkey from Houdini ? And why he has band aids on his privates ? Has that been publically discussed yet ? It’s even more funnier than what we are discussing here. AP has a great sense of humor and deep knowledge of their theme. Maybe it’s the monkey who’s the victim here...

Not a clue, would like to know what that's all about.
-Mike

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

If they do change the monkey art

If they change it, they need to slide the monkey's right arm over to Joe Balcer's hind parts. Make him an equal opportunity monkey.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Not a clue, would like to know what that's all about.

Read post 90.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read post 90.

Thanks.
-Mike

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

The monkey thing is tone deaf. It was a poor choice to begin with. Now AP is going to have to deal with changing the art to cater to the new generation of pinball and be on what many would consider the right side of pinball history, or digging their heels in and keeping it to cater to the dudes that will be angry that they changed it because a bunch of people complained that they don't like the continued objectification of women in pinball art.

Whoa Nellie worked out just fine. It's the crown jewel of my collection.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, you thought wrong.

My avatar is an actual photo of a woman freediving within a school of tuna fish. One of many artistic underwater shots captured by photographer Kurt Arrigo and that was not his intent in shooting it or mine in choosing it.

https://twistedsifter.com/2014/01/freediving-with-tunas-by-kurt-arrigo/

#97 5 years ago

I hate when overly sensitive types bully companies into changing something that was totally harmless.

You mean like all the crying about the 2018 York show shirt with the girl on it. Oh wait, They kept it and it sold out. As for the other shirt they made to please the PC crowd. They didn't sell many.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

Tone deaf? Who sets the tone? And why does the tone have to be the same for everyone? If it was you wouldn’t have shows like the simpsons, or family guy, or even movies like shrek. And I’m sure if you poll pinball people there are just as many that are ok with art that may be questionable to some.

If people want to be offended, no matter what someone does, they will find a reason to take offense. And that is the issue. Just look at the news.

#99 5 years ago

Played it at Expo... it was ok... but a bit slow. The artwork is actually my problem with it. And not the monkey, although I have a wife who would go off the rails if she spotted it. If this hobby wasn't such a sausage fest all the time, these kinds of humorous sight gags would be tolerated much less. We have to agree this has been mostly a man's industry historically, from the aspect of design and tone and art. They sold what sells to men. It's just the clientele is getting more feminine and all us 15 to 28 year old men became 45 to 58 year old men with wives. And pin wives matter. Mine didn't like OF, she liked MBrLE, and PinballStar has me 10th on that list, Thanks Joe.
But back to the art. I think the girl and the guy in lederhosen both are kind of creepy looking, they look like the Photoshop surgeon had one too many hi balls and butchered their features together from stock photos and had to use poses that didn't fit how they actually used them. The monkey wasn't assaulting the beer garden girls, he was running away in abject horror from the artwork and ran smack dab into the poor women's behinds....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders/page/2?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.