pasted_image (resized).png
monkeyrape (resized).jpg
LANCELOTLINK2 (resized).jpg
hypocrisy (resized).jpg
Pin_Pal_Apu_Sad_Icon (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
bunny.gif
645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
mb.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

American Pinball has confirmed for us that Oktoberfest pricing will be $ 7,400 with Art Blades. PinballSTAR is now open for orders. $ 250 refundable deposit can be sent to [email protected] to get in line.

Any questions - email Joe at [email protected]

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

Looks like a cool machine, looking forward to playing one soon!

#452 5 years ago

The rumor mill is swirling that deeproot may indeed be using a licensed theme for one of their machines, Monkey Business.

mb.jpgmb.jpg
#453 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I deleted my two posts there. One mentioning AP was changing it, and was questioned if I was okay with the monkey ( that person has offensive stuff on their Facebook page, though ) and one where I questioned why at the events aren't those running it or other players, taking care of the safety of the players ? Once I got the mad face emoji I deleted my post and blocked the person.
I hope in some of these instances of assault, if the place or organizer doesn't do something about it. The victim calls the police and files charges.
Pinball should be fun, not a scary place to go to if you want to play of compete.
LTG : )

That was me that you blocked. I reject your implication that I and others run events where we don't pay attention to the safety of our players -- you make the same, completely baseless, implication in this forum.

Player safety is very important. Enforcing proper conduct for all attendees is necessary and important. For more information, visit http://replayfx.org/code-of-conduct.

It's certainly interesting that a single "angry face" emoji was enough to push you over the edge, but that's your call to make.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

is it the 3rd button, or the normal flipper buttons? does one button control the 2 player controlled?

It was a third button granted I was to focused on the 2 and failing but as I didn’t know where the magnets were I wasn’t sure when to control them.

#455 5 years ago

Wow, I'm always amazed at how uncaring and unwelcoming some people in this hobby can be. Sometimes Pinside can feel like 4chan or other off-the-rails sites.

Yes, it's a cartoon monkey. Yes, it's terrible artwork. But that's not what matters at all. If your argument of why it should stay is based on either of those two things, then you should be just as comfortable with it not being there and the decision by AP should just roll off your back as hey, "it doesn't offend me so what do I care." If the decision of it being removed still offends you, then you really don't care to understand why it's harmful to those that have been sexually assaulted and the hobby as a whole.

As AP has stated, this wasn't meant to be an adult themed game with tons of male-centric, hetero rapey fantasies. It's a family game.

If you had something traumatic happen to you or someone you loved and they were constantly reminded about it (not just one instance with a monkey) in their favorite hobby, you'd hopefully wonder why that has to keep happening. If you then found out that everyone in that family-friendly hobby kept telling them to suck it up, their problem isn't real, I didn't see it so it didn't happen, etc. you'd hopefully start wondering why that isn't changing.

This KEEPS happening in pinball and the women are speaking up and telling you to your faces that it's real. Don't scoff and dismiss it just because you like a "cheeky monkey". If you don't give a damn about women and victims of sexual assault, just say that. Otherwise, why wouldn't you just accept that even though it doesn't apply to you, you could see how it doesn't fit or better the hobby?

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

That was me that you blocked. I reject your implication that I and others run events where we don't pay attention to the safety of our players -- you make the same, completely baseless, implication in this forum.
Player safety is very important. Enforcing proper conduct for all attendees is necessary and important. For more information, visit http://replayfx.org/code-of-conduct.
It's certainly interesting that a single "angry face" emoji was enough to push you over the edge, but that's your call to make.

Thought you took your ball and left then went to Facebook to brag about taking your ball long ago?

How does LTG advocating player safety imply that you don't do your job? I think hes just implying that more should be done if some is actually assaulted at a tourney. Makes sense to me. Seems like you are both on the same side.

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

then you really don't care to understand why it's harmful

OR some of us just don’t Give a crap anymore about this Stupid subject and Wish you would just let it go and move On!!!

#458 5 years ago

Hasn't AP said they are looking into offering a more adult themed art package?

Perhaps the monkey will fit in better there.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The problem is not the monkey people. The problem is the decision to include it. The artist, the designer, and all the other API management that were involved in making the decision to include the image on a product that they were promoting as “Fun and Family Friendly”.
And I am not saying that they did this intentionally, that they sat around and went “What kind of innocent sight gag can we include in the art package that will get a laugh out of people?” And then brain storm and toss out all kinds of rude, crude, and socially unacceptable ideas until they centered on innocent pet monkey, who is clueless, runs around patting girls on the bottom and tries to push up the skirts of their dirndls. That is not how this image ended up on the backglass.
This image probably started as the thought that at Oktoberfest, it is not uncommon to see drunk men goosing the bottoms of young frauleins in drindls, but we can’t put a lecherous old drunk dude doing that on here, hmmm... what if we made him a stupid cartoonish monkey? One that is just anthropomorphic enough to make the connection, but innocent enough because, you know, its just a monkey. Here, we will put him next to these two sexy girls right in the middle of the backglass and we will make the girls smile, you know, so no one thinks the monkey is doing this without their consent. Yeah, thats not too un-PC. That should be just fine.
And then it was forgotten, or if not forgotton, it was looked at by a bunch of men, who thought, ha ha, stupid monkey... and thought nothing else about it. They all said “looks good to me Bob, ship that puppy!” And the art package went to the silk screener and the image was screened onto a few sample pieces and sent back and installed in the 3 prototypes, and they worked real hard, and built us a nice game, with lots to do, some neat toys, and a Beer drinking theme. What more could the public want?
Fast forward to now. We have women now looking at our beautiful machine, and they see this image of a monkey grabbing a poor work staff’s butt and they have to relive the thought of every man who has grabbed them on the ass while they just tried to do their job, waiting tables at a bar, or serving drunk men drinking beer in tents. Then these women see the hand of the monkey up the poor girl’s skirt, and they are reminded of all the men who have tried to take advantage of them with their unwanted touchy feely advances. Suddenly they do not really like this machine, the company who built it, and the people promoting it as “family friendly pinball fun”. And now we have a very real image problem on our hands.
What do we do? As a company who wants to be a good societal member, and doesn't want to gain a reputation as being mysoginistic and tone deaf, what can we do?
Well, first of all,we need to publicly appologize to all of our customers, that we made a mistake, and we need to get rid of the monkey. And secondly, we need to educate our design staff to be a little more thoughtful and inclusive and less male centric when developing content for the “family friendly” company image that we have been promoting. And thirdly, the next artist, designer, or employee who puts a monkey on one of our machines will be looking for new employment.
Now, I think API made all the right moves after the fact. But the vacuum of male cluelessness on their part is the mill stone around their necks that will take a lot longer time to wriggle out of. Maybe with their next version of the art package we will see some improvement to their tone, and hopefully by the time their next machine comes out, all of this can be remembered as some growing pains for API.
And let me be the first to euologize poor Mr Monkey, he had a short life, but boy wasn't he cute? I hope all of those who sided with you, Mr Monkey, I hope the secondary market will fill the void and provide all the monkey love that some on here have been craving. Good luck Mr Monkey. We are going to miss you.

jesus! i didnt come on pinside to read your thesis on ap monkey debacle. you could have played alot of pinball writing that^^^^^

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It was a third button granted I was to focused on the 2 and failing but as I didn’t know where the magnets were I wasn’t sure when to control them.

I'm a sucker for magnets lol. It was the main thing that attracted me to this pin. I don't really drink, but I do like original themes more than licenses.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

On Facebook a Lady posted that she had been assaulted at a league and the two men were still in the league and she had concerns for her safety.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that didn't seem baseless.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On Facebook a Lady posted that she had been assaulted at a league and the two men were still in the league and she had concerns for her safety.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that didn't seem baseless.

We've confirmed supeme court justices for less.

#463 5 years ago

Finally this thread is getting interesting

#464 5 years ago

Why am I thinking of this?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#465 5 years ago

@robotron, I could have been doing a lot of more important things if there were more important things to do. Turning back the clock on social progress is not something I am actively pursuing right now, and letting people off the hook just because they think something is insignificant misses the point. It kind of is the point.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

robotron, I could have been doing a lot of more important things if there were more important things to do. Turning back the clock on social progress is not something I am actively pursuing right now, and letting people off the hook just because they think something is insignificant misses the point. It kind of is the point.

Are we still talking about a cartoon monkey grabbing 2 cartoon girls butts or have you turned this into something completely different?

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Are we still talking about a cartoon monkey grabbing 2 cartoon girls butts or have you turned this into something completely different?

it's always been a thinly veiled surrogate for white male fears of a changing cultural dynamic....that or a fisting monkey

#468 5 years ago

I have posted about the machine... even thought about buying one but like they said, the outrage over the outrage is what is winning in here. If it wasn’t for the outrage at the outrage, this thread would only have about 50 posts in it on the twisted bar maid’s crazy spine and a couple on how do you work the magnets. Oh yes, and that Joe is taking orders for Oktoberfest, American Pinball’s latest and greatest Pinball title at $7400.00 plus shipping. Please see Post #1 for more info.

#469 5 years ago

And next is the outrage at the outrage at the outrage. An ongoing outrageous story !

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And next is the outrage at the outrage at the outrage. An ongoing outrageous story !

Free press is free press. You KNOW they are going through the art with a fine tooth comb now. Dissecting every hidden gem to determine if someone will freak out over it.

#471 5 years ago

American Pinball has confirmed for us that Oktoberfest pricing will be $ 7,400 with Art Blades. PinballSTAR is now open for orders. $ 250 refundable deposit can be sent to [email protected] to get in line.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

He clearly likes to hear himself talk. It's become a incomprehensible rambling mess now.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

robotron, I could have been doing a lot of more important things if there were more important things to do. Turning back the clock on social progress is not something I am actively pursuing right now, and letting people off the hook just because they think something is insignificant misses the point. It kind of is the point.

i saw your post for mbr le purchase. does the bride of frankenstein smashing frankenstein with a pan bother you? just asking

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Politics aren't allowed on Pinside.
I hope monkeys still are.

Monkeys and humans aren't all that much different, you know.

645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg645c64628ce57da22118389390b9db5d--funny-picture-gallery-funny-monkeys (resized).jpg
#475 5 years ago

I don't know what creeps me out the most, bubbleheads avatar or his rambling on about a evil raping monkey.

#476 5 years ago

@robotron:
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#477 5 years ago

@pinbum:
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#478 5 years ago

Will any of those pre-production backglasses be available for those that want the "collectible edition" of this game?

#479 5 years ago

Please i can't take that mug no more, looks like John Wayne Gacy.

#480 5 years ago

pinbum
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Final answer......
[quoted image]

Yes! There needs to be an option for those who would enjoy having the monkey.

#482 5 years ago

I don't think it's that complicated. When a game comes out with nice cohesive artwork, like GB or Metallica, people praise it.

When that doesn't happen or something odd stands out in the artwork and a number of people speak up, I think it's wise for manufacturers to listen.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

pinbum
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

I really hope this sells well. I'm not in the market for a machine, so I won't be purchasing, but it is great to have more competition in the industry. Can only lead to great things. Not sure when i'll get to ever play this, but hopefully one day. Maybe Zapcon.

#484 5 years ago

Bubble Head? I can't say what i really think Stop digging the hole dude

Bowen? ditto that......Focus on making ACNC the best please, nobody cares about your social justice issues

Now I don't care if we see a monkey F ing a football or what, I'd just like to see a true representation of Oktoberfest which includes, hot women and nice titties, big or small doesn't matter AND all of the other stuff that goes along with it.

Including drinking a shitload of BEER and passing out at the end of the day.

It's why Oktoberfest exists you bunch of ........to let loose and have F ing FUN!

This game looks like it KICKS ASS! Monkey or not and you crybabies need to get a grip.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You crybabies need to get a grip

Monkey grip?

#486 5 years ago

I have some wild stories about this Lady, Cynthia was her name, she was from Texas, from 1987....
VIVA OKTOBERFEST!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#487 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have some wild stories about this Lady, Cynthia was her name, she was from Texas, from 1987....
VIVA OKTOBERFEST!
[quoted image]

Please tell me you didn't put your thingy in that box.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

VIVA OKTOBERFEST!
[quoted image]

I'm not sure exactly about what kind of wild story you had with a girl on a cardboard box, but I'm even less sure that I really want to know

#489 5 years ago

No, but she was one hell of a tease!

Theres a soft spot near that Foam!

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

VIVA OKTOBERFEST!
[quoted image]

OMG Art, please pull that picture down of the St. Pauli Girl!!!!

It's very degrading, sexist, offensive and violates.....well everything

My wife and 3 girls would NOT approve......NOT

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd point out the difference between some light cleavage and a monkey grab-assing, but you've never been one for much in the way of nuance.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's too bad this far into the conversation, people still don't get the difference between sexy artwork and artwork with non-consensual touching/grabbing. How have your conversations with your daughters about consent gone?

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd point out the difference between some light cleavage and a monkey grab-assing, but you've never been one for much in the way of nuance.

LOL, yes jwilson, there is no nuance in my orbit. It's a monkey and not real....

But seriously, if they bump up the cleavage and hotness in Oktoberfest pinball machine then i'm happy.

I'm happy with the dude depiction as it exists now

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd point out that a monkey is not a human capable of the same reasoning nor held to the same laws or accountability as a human.

I'm all for them changing the art, but it has nothing to do with a monkey.

Quoted from nwpinball:

It's too bad this far into the conversation, people still don't get the difference between sexy artwork and artwork with non-consensual touching/grabbing. How have your conversations with your daughters about consent gone?

It's not a human, it's also not real. Throwing topics like that out and involving his kids is super shitty of you.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

How do you know it's not consensual, how's a monkey to know if he doesn't try.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I have 3 girls and they know better. They were raised right. AND they know satire from the current FAKE BS faux outrage today.

They are straight A students and my oldest has a new great job with Vanguard in Scottsdale, AZ and the other 2 are fantastic.

You have to be living in the stone ages to think a monkey grabbing ass on a pinball machine amounts to ANYTHING!!!!!

It's honestly F ing LAUGHABLE compared to the BS they are faced with today.

My youngest daughter went to some local "rapper fest" on Sunday with her friends!!!!

THAT is what keeps me up at night and still they have their heads on straight despite the horrendous lyrics which makes me want to PUKE.

Get it?............

Then again, I trust my girls to choose wisely and make the right decisions, and they have thus far thankfully.

And when it comes to our children, God bless them.

#498 5 years ago
bunny.gifbunny.gif
#499 5 years ago

bump.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'd point out that a monkey is not a human capable of the same reasoning nor held to the same laws or accountability as a human. It's not a human, it's also not real.

You guys keep getting hung up on the specific artwork itself instead of seeing the point, which is how a bunch of old dudes sat around and thought this was hilarious enough to put on a game meant to be seen by the public and didn't see any problem with it. Like a large percentage of Pinside apparently - a group of people who think the alt Flintstones translite where they're wife-swapping blowjobs is totally awesome too.

It's not. It's gross, lame and tacky. You don't need to be outraged, but don't be surprised when people call it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pricing-7400-w-art-blades-pinballstar-taking-orders/page/10?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.