You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68FE71A5-01A4-4663-BE59-004CFDF1B70F (resized).jpeg
F1ED2CB2-2C2A-4B89-A5AD-22513A3885E6 (resized).jpeg
4CA72C21-0748-4BB3-9657-2B2B0BEDE350 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I have recently purchased Oktoberfest Pinball by American Pinball thru PinballSTAR .I was very happy with Houdini and was quick to order their newest . I think the quality of the games and the bang for your buck is a big selling point . The speakers, backbox, and attention to detail and fun make these games stand out .

I am having some trouble hitting the ramp shots and was wondering if anyone has bought one and adjusted flipper power to help especially for the keg lock . Also I can not for the life of me catch the ball with the magna grab. Anyone have any suggestions ?

I am having a blast exploring the rule set and it seems to be a really well thought out original pin . I am sure my skill will increase with practice .
Feedback from other owners appreciated .

I especially love the mode where you can play pinball with just the right two buttons so you free your left hand up to hold your beer/soda.
There is also a Tapper type video mode where you try to serve customers beer . Very fun but not easy !

All in all a great pin . Can’t wait to see what is next from them and I hope they are around for a long time . Proud to have them represented at The Pinball Palace in Brunswick Ga. Customers agree it is a blast to play .

4CA72C21-0748-4BB3-9657-2B2B0BEDE350 (resized).jpeg4CA72C21-0748-4BB3-9657-2B2B0BEDE350 (resized).jpeg68FE71A5-01A4-4663-BE59-004CFDF1B70F (resized).jpeg68FE71A5-01A4-4663-BE59-004CFDF1B70F (resized).jpegF1ED2CB2-2C2A-4B89-A5AD-22513A3885E6 (resized).jpegF1ED2CB2-2C2A-4B89-A5AD-22513A3885E6 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I am having some trouble hitting the ramp shots and was wondering if anyone has bought one and adjusted flipper power to help especially for the keg lock . Also I can not for the life of me catch the ball with the magna grab.

These questions are somewhat interrelated. All of my flipper strengths are set to factory default, and all the ramps are quite makable. The Beer Barrel ramp shot is a tough one from a fast moving ball (e.g. orbit shot)... much easier from a MagNab. The sweet spot for the ramp is pretty close to the tip of the UR flipper.

As for catching the ball with MagNab... first off, are your magnets are generally working as far as you know? Want to make sure there's no concern of a physical/electrical problem. If it's just a question of difficulty... biggest tip I can give is that you don't have to (and shouldn't) perfectly time the MagNab button with the ball passing over the physical magnet. The magnets stay energized for a couple seconds after you hit the button, so if you want to MagNab the ball, hit the button *before* the ball approaches the magnet you want to Nab with. So for example, if you just shot the left orbit and want to Nab at the top lanes, hit the MagNab button when the ball is, say, behind Otto. If you want to Nab at the UR flipper, hit the MagNab button as the ball passes the TAP lanes and is dropping into the "downhill" part of the right orbit. Same hints apply in the opposite direction if you want to Nab after a shot up the right orbit, though I find these to be a little harder because of the geometry.

Hope this helps!

3 years later
#3 1 year ago

I have an issue with the ball going in the tent and not coming out. New switch was sent from American pinball but still does not work? Does anyone think software may fix this problem as I have never updated in a year?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Does anyone think software may fix this problem as I have never updated in a year?

The release notes don’t mention Tent specifically: https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates
The update is unlikely to solve your Tent issue. The owners thread is probably the best place to get suggestions: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-oktoberfest-club

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I have an issue with the ball going in the tent and not coming out. New switch was sent from American pinball but still does not work? Does anyone think software may fix this problem as I have never updated in a year?

It’s probably not software.

Use Switch Test and drop a ball into the tent scoop, and verify that switch triggers in the test. Also use Coil Test to confirm that the coil works properly to eject the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-pinball-owners-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.