IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wyopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

We have an issue with our bar door jamming. Here is a video of our issue. I replaced the motor to but that did not change anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed that problem on occasion as well (my game is only a couple of weeks old)

I’ll have to check Barry’s suggestions to see what kind of issues I might be having

I hear the funky vibration in your video and mine does the same...and after some gameplay, the door will just close and the vibration is gone too, and the door proceeds to work like normal

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

With the power off does the door open and close freely?
If the answer is no..
see if you can find the source of the bind.
Also the weld on the door have broken on a couple, this causes the door to oblong, causing binding.
If the answer is yes..
If you move the door a little bit when in game play, does the door work properly then?
Could be the H Bridge board or bad opto (there are 2 for the bar door)

Barry, my door swings freely for the most part except on full open, where I can feel it bind a bit...but I’m not sure where the bind is happening

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Ugh..
If you loosen the 4 quarter inch screws holding the bar assembly on, slightly quarter turn or so, there is ever slight movement in the assembly. Can you move the bar assembly to a position that the door does not rub? If so bingo.
If not I would start to think bad welds in the door. I was sending out complete assemblies and having the customer return the old one, which we would fix for the next one.
Not sure whats going on there now.
If you pull Otto off then there are a couple screws holding the top bar toy on, I want to say you can see into the door assembly, and perhaps get a good look at the welds, to see if they are cracked.

I moved the bar assembly a hair and now it’s opening and closing like a champ! I think it might have been binding since it was a little offset in its hole through the Playfield (Otto’s lip also has a slight wear spot from rubbing on the yellow ramp). Thanks, Barry...you’re the bomb.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Hello. I’m really thinking hard about getting this game. Let me know some of your thoughts on how the game has progressed. I’ve played it very little about 6 months ago. I almost pulled the trigger on it then. Just would like some input on how it compares to other games.

I think it’s got a unique layout with a lot of shots (some easy, some difficult). It’s not your typical flowy game, with the “let me shoot this ramp to feed this flipper, and now the other ramp to feed the other flipper”...but the variety of shots make it fun, presenting you with lots of things to work on. The theme is unique and consequently, it’s got a fitting soundtrack that really grows on you. The code is nice and deep and has plenty of strategy built into the game with the steins and tents. I’ve had side challenges within a group of players that are playing, like “this game, you can only pick Stein Race from the tent mode”, which can change the dynamic of a game too. A lot of the call outs are funny. It’s just an enjoyable experience overall that makes you want to keep pushing that Start button.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

don't forget to play some games entirely one handed. Just hold both right side buttons for five seconds before starting the game (a message will appear on screen prior to hitting start), and it will be one handed for all players for the whole game. You will be surprised how after a short time you will get quite adept at it.

That sounds perfect, Josh!! The thought put into the little nuances of this game is so appreciated. I’m on my way to play a few one-handed only games right now!

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

don't forget to play some games entirely one handed. Just hold both right side buttons for five seconds before starting the game (a message will appear on screen prior to hitting start), and it will be one handed for all players for the whole game. You will be surprised how after a short time you will get quite adept at it.

I can’t stop playing with a beer in my hand now...this has been such a blast playing full games like this! Love, love, love it!!!

5 months later
#600 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Anyone have any updates on how the machine plays with the newest/ latest code? I am seriously considering one of these as a NIB purchase but I haven't been able to get on a machine since Chicago expo 2019? Not sure if anyone in Minnesota even has this table so wondering what everyone thinks of the code now that it is getting polished? Definitely a them I am interested in had plans to go to Germany this year for the Fest but that obviously got cancelled. Thanks for any help!

It’s certainly a great game...a crowd favorite in my collection (especially when folks start playing entire one-handed games with a beer in the other). It’s been such a hit that a local binocular company (Maven Optics) asked to borrow the game for their Oktoberfest party this weekend. I’m sure it’ll be a hit there too. You can feel confident with lasting fun, great gameplay, and stellar support when you finally get your game. Oh, and if you feel like spending a couple extra hundred dollars, the knocker and shaker are pretty fun additions to the game...not necessary but they DO add to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wyopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.