IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 4 years ago

Is anyone else having problems with the ball jumping off the rail on the beer barrel shot? It happens about 25% of the time. It usually jumps off and falls but sometimes also gets stuck and no way to drop it without moving the glass.

beer_stuck (resized).jpgbeer_stuck (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#284 4 years ago

Question about an Oktoberfest issue that a reboot has not fixed. It seems the Beer Barrel lock switch continues to be tripped and starts kicking out extra balls. Makes for an interesting game but would prefer it to not happen every few games.

Anything I can check on this? Does the switch need to be cleaned or is it a symptom of a bad switch?

thanks!

#290 4 years ago

As a follow-up, a new membrane switch in the Beer Barrel Lock appears to have fixed my issues.

#291 4 years ago

On the Tilt Warning screen is it normal to have a horizontal line across the top part of the monitor? This only shows up on the Tilt screen and is not any other time. Just want to make sure this isn't an early sign of a bad screen.

One more question, is there a shortcut to end a game? For example if a multiplayer game is accidentally started can you kill the game without turning off the power?

tilt (resized).jpgtilt (resized).jpg
1 month later
#371 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered before but wondering if there is a way to change the behavior of the extra ball functionality. Instead of playing the extra ball right after a ball loss can it be changed to be awarded at the end of the game?

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If we receive a lot of requests for this behavior, we certainly would consider making it an option, but to my memory this was the first such request.

Assuming it isn't a giant hassle to code, I would appreciate if there were an option in the settings to enable this. I agree it could be confusing in certain situations but everyone who plays my #dialed-in seems to prefer the way extra balls are handled.

2 months later
#387 4 years ago

I think you may get more views if you post to this topic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/87#post-5552119

Does the door open easily by hand or does it feel stuck? Does the door work in the test menu?

2 weeks later
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

I’ve played it very little about 6 months ago

I think the coil stop change has made this a much better game than it was 6 months ago. I find myself playing it more now that I can make the Beer Barrel shot with a bit more consistency.

4 months later
#518 3 years ago

@pw79, I occasionally have the same issue with the switch below the pops. A bump frees up the ball so I haven't really dug into it. I'd be interested to hear your fix.

Nice skateboard collection too!

2 weeks later
#563 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was having fits with mine and a new membrane fixed it but let’s see!

I had a bad membrane switch (after already replacing 3) show up again. I installed the beta code and left the "bad membrane" in-place and the code has fixed all my issues.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is it false switch registers or a lack of switch registers?

My issues were with false registers. During play it thought there was a ball added to the Beer Barrel lock or Coaster lock and it would add another ball into play. The code update adds a slight delay in registering and i have not had the problem since installing.

1 week later
#588 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

haven't been able to get on a machine since Chicago expo 2019

I purchased one right after playing at the Chicago Expo 2019. I can safely say it is a better pin now with the fix for the beer barrel coil stop and code updates.

1 month later
#706 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you have the latest code, try turning on Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation. Exit the service menu, THEN POWER CYCLE THE GAME.

I'll 2nd this recommendation, this setting has resolved all my false ball lock/membrane switch issues.

3 months later
#814 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

updated to latest code, and also set Lock Switch Compensation to Yes. Still got improper corkscrew releases.

Did you reboot after making the Lock Switch Compensation change? I remember reading changing this setting requires a game restart to take effect.

4 weeks later
#860 3 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I want to make a few more subtle changes to it before I upload it to thingiverse

Great idea! Might be time to get a 3D printer or beg someone to sell me one once you have the design finalized.

10 months later
#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Beer barrel multiball starts (as expected) and the game comes totally unhinged

Definitely sounds like some bad membrane switches. The Lock Switch Compensation setting has resolved this issue for me even without changing out the bad switch.

"If you have the latest code, try turning on Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation. Exit the service menu, THEN POWER CYCLE THE GAME."

11 months later
#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

I'll turn on the compensation but already out of the gate the beer is a little flat.

I had all the same problems you are seeing. Replacing the membrane switches would fix it for a while (Beer Barrell was worse than the Coaster) but it would eventually come back. And the adhesive on those switches was a real pain to clean up...

As soon as the Lock Switch Compensation setting was released it resolved 99% of the problems. I haven't replaced a membrane switch since turning it on and no multi-ball mystery freakouts. Hopefully the mentions of a membrane switch replacement does eventually surface and the compensation setting won't be needed.

Not sure if it is mentioned in the settings but you do need to reboot for the setting to initialize.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=t500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.