IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#465 3 years ago

Not too many Oktoberfest owners on Pinside.

86, ouch

I think I want one tho.

Any advice, warnings or praise to share?

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Love it...great game with lots of code and tons of things to do!

Noiyce!

I just bought one a few min ago lol

Should arrive next week.

#482 3 years ago

I'm a German that likes beer, brats, busty women & pinball.

This should work out nicely.

#493 3 years ago

I have a NIB en route

Do I need to replace the coil stops or did those make it onto semi-recent production games?

When I bought a Golden Tee I was basically instructed to open the trackball day one to remove some copper tape. I didn’t listen & soon learned why I was given that advice.

If there’s any must do tweaks or parts let me know please. I will implement ASAP.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Besides help here and the stickies. Open a ticket for service on the american-pinball.com website. They maybe can check the build on your game by serial number and advise updates.
LTG : )

Word

I didn’t see any stickies here but found some sort of TSB’s on AP’s website which was cool

Game is en route now. Registered it today to get in front of the thing. Purdy sure the coil kit was stocked by the distro too.

#513 3 years ago

I'm in the club boys!

20200819_172926 (resized).jpg20200819_172926 (resized).jpg
#515 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You will want Pinstadiums...trust me.

Agreed.

Once I get it dialed in the enhancements begin!

The ball often hangs up on a switch under the pops right now. Tomorrow I will dig deeper.

Other than that holy smokes!

Game was nicely packed for the trip here.

Feels very well built. Refreshing.

Reminds me of a bit of a 90's WMS. Campy & loaded.

Bravo AP.

So far I'm impressed. Looking FW to what AP does next.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Wilkommen! You have a GT also. I'm really enjoying my new 95. The Hosoi rocks as well.

Love my GT & HOSOI is the man!

Quoted from Pyromedic:

Nice!
Looks like a see a Foosball too

Thanks. Foosball indeed. Been thinking of getting a new T-3000 coin op model to replace this modified Cyclone II.

Quoted from t500:

pw79, I occasionally have the same issue with the switch below the pops. A bump frees up the ball so I haven't really dug into it. I'd be interested to hear your fix.
Nice skateboard collection too!

Thanks. So far I've bent the switch as far as I can while still registering. That helped but did not resolve. I have since also increased coil power on the right & lower pop. That may have been the ticket. Time will tell. I have a few other ideas if not.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Check your level...your right...it is loaded. It will take a little tweaking but well worth it.

Will do. I believe it is worth it. Game is super cool. Inga is hilarious!

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Tony Hawk! No Mike Mcgill? By the way if AP is listening, I've always said, Jim Phillips would make the ultimate pinball artist. If he can do iconic work on a wood deck imagine a playfield. Would blow Dirty Donny away. There are too many people on Pinside like us with board collections that cherish the classics and to own a game with his art would be magic. Who doesnt know the screaming hand? It's as popular as Coca Cola. I bet he's cheap too!

No McGill... yet.

I have a few Jim Phillips art books. He's done everything BUT pinball. He'd be a great asset to pinball. Without a doubt my favorite artist.

Speaking of art... Someone make an Oktoberfest overlay for the corner of the apron lol

AP, now that we have an Oktoberfest pin maybe go a tad NW & make an Amsterdam pinball. Space cakes & coners!
20200821_190404 (resized).jpg20200821_190404 (resized).jpg

#524 3 years ago

So far I have not had the ball hang up in the pops since increasing coil power. Schweet.

Installed new coil stop for the upper flipper. The ball now flys off the yellow ramp & gets stuck behind Otto. Exciting! But unwelcome.

Anyone have that happen? If so what did you do? I'm thinking a clear plastic ramp cover may be required.

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Try reducing the power to the Upper Right flipper, via Settings > Coils. If it's going airborne, it's getting too much juice.

Yup. That fixed it. Thanks!

Sho nuff. All is good now.

Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Got to the bug in Re-Entry again.
No green arrows on Tent, and blue arrows lit on Beer Barrel, Bar, and Food Stand.
[quoted image]

Thats never happened to me, yet. Speaking of bugs tho. Ever have the right ramp up but the lock insert lit?

#532 3 years ago

Anyone else have the lockdown bar wear the paint right off the side rails & go into the metal on day one?

My lockdown bar has a slight bend & burr digging into the rail. Totally minor but damn it bugs the shit out of me.

Considered getting new hardware from AP but if they're all borked & I'm getting pushback then why bother.

#535 3 years ago

Side note

Played SOBER, or whatever it's called. I was unprepared & unaware of this mode.

Anyway, Super cool!

Played it, or something like it a 2nd time. This was what I got. No lights.

Damn.

Is this the re entry bug?

20200827_191135 (resized).jpg20200827_191135 (resized).jpg

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What code are you on? Did you tilt out of a left side drain?

Newest code

No tilt.

This was during gameplay.

I went to snap a pic & the ball drained. But as you see it here is how it was during play.

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

its a know bug already

yes of course...
initially there were 2 small rubbers on each (in)side, but these are moving with time, and when there gone, than you have what you describe... doesnt bother me, even on a new pin, simply because this is normal (for me)

Right arm

As long as most Oktoberfest's have some armor wear I'm good. None, zero, of my Sterns have it. But... I'd rather have armor issues than Stern's PF issues.

Hope the bug gets fixed soon. That sober mode is hilarious AF. I legit started yelling "no way no way" it was so unexpected, funny & cool.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The targets over each outlane that can qualify ball savers... the first few (adjustable) outlane saves are “easy”, but then you have to earn the save via Last Call or Re-entry.

Any idea on a bug resolution?

This mode is so neat!

Do y'all need beta testers still?

Since this is my newest game I play it a lot.

1 week later
#557 3 years ago

Sometimes my game ejects another ball when it shouldn't. As if it lost count.

Anyone else?

My gut says it's related to the beer barrel or ball trough.

#564 3 years ago

What's the issue with the membrane switch?

Is it false switch registers or a lack of switch registers?

Or both?

2 weeks later
#605 3 years ago

My game rebooted when trying to start one handed play

Anyone else?

9 months later
#984 2 years ago

Happy July 4th gentlemen

Anyone ever have Otto start overreacting?

The dude is almost always moving.

Even when there’s not a game being played.

I don’t recall him ever being so active. The guy is looking back all the time too as if there’s switches being hit behind him.

There’s been so much Otto activity since I woke up today (game left powered up overnight) that I turned the Otto movement feature off.

Any insight would be appreciated. I will probably create a ticket on Tuesday & let y’all know what happened if I don’t figure it out by then.

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Otto will turn based on certain switches being triggered and will then go back to face the player, so if he is moving a lot likely some switch is wacky. Go into switch test, manually rotate Otto and see if the Otto home switch is registering. Check for any other stuck switches as well.

Appreciate the reply Rosh. On a Holiday Sunday. Dang!

I didn’t see where to test Otto in the menu. Maybe since he’s been deactivated it’s not available. Or maybe I need to look closer. Will investigate more.

Here’s a screenshot of the active switches. Does anything look unusual?

1071DA1B-2799-4E00-B808-449A48F121D5.jpeg1071DA1B-2799-4E00-B808-449A48F121D5.jpeg
#997 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

when in switch test, manually turn Otto, and see if the 'bartender home' switch triggers.

Otto indeed triggers the “bartender home” switch

Does anything look unusual in this switch testing result in terms of something activated that shouldn’t be?

Thanks

7C1EC42F-34D7-46AB-80D8-9506BC6E3D3F (resized).jpeg7C1EC42F-34D7-46AB-80D8-9506BC6E3D3F (resized).jpeg

#998 2 years ago

He’s nuts

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Did not notice, was not on 8n first photo, but certainly could be a factor if that is not gapped right

Good eye.

I saw that but then it disappeared when I checked again. There’s was another switch that fired like 10 times right when I went into that screen but then never again. Weird. That’s pinball.

Wednesday I plan to pull the history & send it to AP. In the meantime I’m checking for common denominators while playing.

I gotta say, if there was one thing to malfunction just before a July 4th party, I’d want it to be Otto. The game still plays fine without him, in a pinch. Whew!

1 week later
#1033 2 years ago

Did y’all figure it out?

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Yup. The U opto under the Otto head that tells the home position had a wire pulled loose. I asked the API store to add this so he can replace it.

Nice. Good find.

I suspect my issue is similar. Hopefully.

My Otto really does seem lost, looking for something. I’m going to investigate this optic tomorrow.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.