IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

"Put down your sausage and toss rings with Inga!"

family friendly or not?

Of course it's family friendly.

What family doesn't like sausage ?

LTG : )

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

pushing the boundaries.

You mean something like, "Put down your rings and play hide the sausage with Inga".

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What?! Hinting at "Duck" isn't family friendly?! The game's full of 'em for chrisakes!

I think you are onto something. "Put down the Beer and play toss the ducks with Inga".

Family friendly. And a little something for the perverts.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

"sounds like VUK".

The voice can effect it too. Mitch Ryder's song "Sock It To Me Baby" sounds like the F word because of his voice. He is actually singing "hits me like a puck".

1 month later
#96 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Hey owners!
For all interested we're having a contest for Oktoberfest swag on our Facebook page
Go check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball/

Check it out. You can win some cool stuff.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I found a solution for a stein holder that everyone keeps talking about.

Excellent ! Well done !

2 weeks later
#129 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'll find out which one I get soon!!

You'll get the first one. The monkey butt grabbing one never went into production.

#130 4 years ago

do AP sell this version still??

No. Never did sell it.

Why did this change,

Probably a lot of reasons. Out cry over the monkey, even though he appears more pushing the ladies into the event. And Matt Reister and Joe Balcer, and maybe other people on the art work too. Those people maybe weren't intended for production ?

#131 4 years ago

My game will turn up on Monday, hopefully

Congratulations and best wishes ! You are getting a great game and are going to have a lot of fun playing it.

#134 4 years ago

but that's just very sad...

Not all is lost. There is a monkey on the backglass in the game you are getting. A cute little dickens that should cheer you up.

#137 4 years ago

reasoning behind the tickets thing? Is it linked to a mode in the game for example,

I don't know if it's linked to game play.

I do suspect they are tickets you redeem for beer in the beer tents at the real Oktoberfest.

#140 4 years ago

if there is ANY way to get that original artwork I'll be trying to find out how!!

I doubt it.

You could look into getting a custom translite made for you game.

#142 4 years ago

and the artwork already exists for that... it must therefore be obtainable somehow, surely...

No idea if it still exists. I don't know if American Pinball kept it or not.

I'd start by contacting American Pinball off of their website. See if they'll help or not.

#144 4 years ago

The thread that Tuna was referring to, is that the 68 or so page thread: Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin?

Yes it is.

I hope you are successful in your search.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What big changes were made in 1.0?

Release notes are on the website :

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It's current applicable social standards.

And about the time of this there were threads on Pinside about all the crap women put up with at leagues and tournaments. Then here is a backglass with a monkey assaulting a woman.

It's our responsibility to make pinball safe for everyone. Like it or not. American Pinball did the right thing.

#178 4 years ago

but I don't get how selling the 'funny glass' to those that want it in their homes is not the right thing..

Check with American Pinball.

It may have nothing to do with the monkey. They may have no desire to sell backglasses. And besides the monkey, Matt Reister and Joe Balcer might not want their likenesses out there.

Let us know American Pinball's response.

#190 4 years ago

the only real choice is to buy it!!

You made a good decision. You are getting a great game and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's a lot of fun.

I hope the characters in the pop bumper cars come with the game...

I'm sorry to be the one to let you know. Being in another country might be hard for you to know the pictures you see might be prototypes or not. The characters got in the way of the wireforms and were left out of production games. Fortunately you can add some if you like. Yelobird ( themodcouple.com ) has a modest monkey you can get :

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/api-houdini-custom-mods-collection/products/api-houdini-q-the-robot-illuminated-custom-mod

Ebay would be a source for a small yellow duck in liederhosen. I forget what the other character was.

In other news the roller coaster framework on the left side is really cool. They did make that better.

#195 4 years ago

not sure if the comment of finding a plastic duck in leiderhosen was a joke or not,

No. American Pinball really digs into the obscure with their games. Like the band aid on the monkey crotch ( from Houdini ) the toy ducks in Liederhosen. Apparently a lot of people attending Octoberfests carry around these small ducks dressed up in liederhosen.

So American Pinball uses it on art work and stuff.

#198 4 years ago

My advice to AP is that they make these as an aftermarket mod... they've got all the necessary sizing info and did it once for the proto's, so it should be relatively straight forwards for them...

When you contact them, be sure and ask about this.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Come on American Pinball, totally disappointed by this.

Please contact them. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/ or PM ROSH or BarryJ here.

Let them help you. You'll be glad you did.

1 week later
#224 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

To me it sounds like "I knows it, I knows it".

Isn't more like I prose it I prose it ?

#225 4 years ago

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game.

https://www.oktoberfesttours.travel/oktoberfest-munich/music/ein-prosit/

#226 4 years ago

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game. To me it sounds like "I knows it, I knows it".

#227 4 years ago

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game.

1 month later
#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know how to test/fix a “bar hit” switch? I can’t even find the switch :/.

Page 14 in the manual, you can download the manual from american-pinball.com it's switch #23 in front of Otto in the upper left area.

Sorry, I don't have a game to check to see what kind of switch or what to look for.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 14 in the manual, you can download the manual from american-pinball.com

You can download it here : http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-7/Oktoberfest-Manual-new.pdf

On the website : american-pinball.com go to Support - Resources - Oktoberfest

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can’t find it

Email [email protected] and or ask on their website - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

any new streams showing the improvements?

Did you see Monday night ?

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

bar hit switch is when the ball is on the metal plate and touches the metal of the bar door. Make sure the plate is firmly pressed level onto the playfield so the ball doesn’t hop.

I'd check the ball, and both metal plates to be sure they are clean and can conduct electricity. Mylar or a lot of wax could interfere.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am now wondering if my game has never fully worked due to the playfield protector I installed.

It can't work if the ball doesn't complete a circuit between the two pieces of metal.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ill email american pinball

Include a log copy from your game.

#278 4 years ago

And I am sure AP or LTG will help soon, they are awesome!

Rosh or Barry will help, or you can email Barry, [email protected]

I don't have a game to try and help beyond basics.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

before emailing.

You can also use their website support system : https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from t500:

Anything I can check on this? Does the switch need to be cleaned or is it a symptom of a bad switch?

I don't have a game to check, but I'd concentrate on the switch. Opto - check for cold solder joint on the optos, micro mini switch - check wiring to it, adjustment, and correct number of balls in the game and all accounted for.

And definitely contact American Pinball - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/ they are great at getting you going. They want you enjoying your machine as much as possible.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Is there an easy way to clear the log?

Nothing in the manual. Ask Rosh ( Josh the software guy )

1 week later
#294 4 years ago
Quoted from raboulduke:

Anyone had these issues?

There is a switch test in the game, roll a ball to it and see if it closes and stays closed.

And please contact them, they want you enjoying your game as much as you do :

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

#299 4 years ago

Black Friday Special.

AP (resized).jpgAP (resized).jpg
#300 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Black Friday Special.

A separate promotion for games.

ap2 (resized).jpgap2 (resized).jpg
#302 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Also, I could have sworn that somebody posted a picture with a topper consisting of 2 steins but I don't seem to be able to find it anymore.

One of a kind, someone made it for their own game from beer signs.

Quoted from T3quila:

I have seen some pictures on the web where there are little figurines in the bumper cars, like a duck and so on.
It's that an add on?

In a prototype game, they interfered with the wireform and balls and were dropped from production. Not available. ( unless the mod people figure something out )

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

plus something tells me that putting heavy glass objects on a machine that gets nudged is probably not a bright idea.

Unless you bolt it down, no.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Do you remember where you got them?

Items like them pop up occasionally on Ebay. Can get pricey.

2 weeks later
#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

1) The left flipper feels fairly week at the default value of 28. I inspected the coil stop and sleeve, everything seems good. I upped the flipper power to 30 and it feels great again,

If the coil stop is straight up and down, not leaning in or out. I'd then suspect the plunger linkage wearing in a bit.

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Had a similar problem come up in my machine recently. Turns out my shooter lane rollover switch worked fine 90% of the time, but once in a while the switch remained open when a ball was on top of it. So, once in a while, a second ball was kicked into the shooter lane. Hard to detect in the switch test. Anyway, I fixed it by adjusting the rollover switch a tad.

Please check the shooter lane switch. Besides adjustment, be sure it is centered in the slot it moves up and down in the playfield in, not binding or sticking on one side.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

don't hesitate to reach out to Barry with any technical questions https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

He's a great tech. And the best there is with AP pins ! If you see him at a show or at AP, say hi. Great guy too.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just assume that it is impossible to see anyone at shows and that all of you are figments of my imagination

It can be impossible to meet people at shows. To meet someone who works for a manufacturer like American Pinball. Frequently check their booth. Staffed by many. And sooner or later the person you seek shall be there. You can also ask if they are there, and when they expect them.

Quoted from Aniraf:

I'm like...huh, that is a real person?

Most of them are real. Might not be all there. But are real.

1 week later
#324 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Mine is getting stuck in a few positions

Best open a ticket fast. Hopefully they can help you before the holiday.

Also, you can email [email protected] he's the service manager and knows their games inside and out.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue with the bar door sticking or grinding?

There is a service bulletin mentioning a servo motor :

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-7/Bar-Door-Check.pdf

So if nothing is binding, maybe a motor issue ?

Best talk to Barry or American Pinball for better help. ( I don't have a game to check )

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ask me again in a month

Ask Ferret next year.

5 months later
#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Added the Oktoberfest coin door reject button beer glass to mine. Love the look!
Thanks to #Filament printing. Well made, and a perfect fit. Prost!

I'm not a big fan of mods. But if I ever get that game, that is one I'd do.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not a big fan of mods.

I'm talking commercial use. Most things added onto the playfield will eventually be destroyed by balls and be all over to clean up so they don't trap balls or anything.

I think many of the mods made are really spectacular. I just know what will happen. I had a real early LOTR with the figures holding weapons. Within the first month all the weapons were broken off, many if the figures heads were broken off, and the big horse on the right side in the rear was leaning way over to the left.

On my original MM I've regularly had balls clear the castle or get stuck on the tower tops. After I removed the sneeze guard on my Stern POTC becuse it didn't appear to be taking any hits. With in a week both sails were broken.

And no matter how much you gussy them up. The game won't take in one penny more.

LTG " )

1 month later
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Does anyone know if the first version "Monkey" Back-glass can be had?

No.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, did any "First Edition" (bad monkey) back-glasses make it onto any production machines...are there some out in the "wild"?

No.

1 week later
#494 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If there’s any must do tweaks or parts let me know please.

Besides help here and the stickies. Open a ticket for service on the american-pinball.com website. They maybe can check the build on your game by serial number and advise updates.

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Also, the monkey tends to get sick on rides. You do NOT want to clean up after he rides the Rotor...

#510 3 years ago

I don't have one to check.

I'd turn the game off. Go over the mechanical side first. Push it up, let it down. Might be a coil shoving it up and a coil latching it and releasing it down. Be sure nothing is loose, out of place, or bent. Check the coils for broken wires too.

Then in tests try it there and see if it works better in test.

2 weeks later
#533 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Considered getting new hardware from AP but if they're all borked & I'm getting pushback then why bother.

You don't know until you ask them.

1 week later
#549 3 years ago
Quoted from dmann33:

I am occasionally getting the ball stuck @ Otto's bar on top of the duck target. Any suggestions? See pic

The yellow stand up target. Is the face sticking out a little too far, or needs to be pushed to the left a little ?

10 months later
#989 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Any idea what to look for?

Switches that are too sensitive and need adjusting. Like the pop bumpers.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Was the knocker an option? I don't think I have one.

Look through your game. If not in there you can add it. I don't know if they came with them or not.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/oktoberfest-knocker-kit

3 weeks later
#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

So it appears the weld broke. What are my options.

Go to american-pinball.com and open a support ticket. See what they advise.

1 week later
1 month later
#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Anyone knows where to find the new coil stop for the upper flip in Europe?
Available on the American Pinball site, but 50$ shipping..

Is it unique to Oktoberfest, or like every other Williams DMD era coil stop ?

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is it unique to Oktoberfest,

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/coil-stop-oktoberfest

It is longer. Sorry, no idea.

Any AP containers going to Europe that parts could go with to a distributor ?

7 months later
#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

what is it that you've photographed the mugs on that has the preview/demo backglass artwork?

Looks like an Erdinger bar mat.

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Unless you were making a joke and avoiding that subject, which in that case I missed it.

You didn't miss anything. I responded to the wrong picture.

1 month later
#1253 1 year ago

Page 29 in the manual. Custom message or what ever you want.

You can download the manual here - http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-10/Okto-english-manual-10-5-21.pdf

3 weeks later
#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveATX:

What do people do?

If you really feel bad. Go into the software and reset the high scores.

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

distributors/in stock?

https://thepinballplace.com/shop/ scroll down.

The Pinball Place in New Ulm MN has them.

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

I’m excited for this team play thing and I haven’t gotten my machine yet!!!

I don't have the game.

I think it is a heck of a lot of fun. Team play sounds like a very exciting addition to this game.

2 months later
#1476 1 year ago

From their website - 75″ W: 29″ D: 55″ which is the assembled on legs height.

So you are okay on width. Maybe others can help with height with the backbox down.

3 months later
#1688 1 year ago

I was just checking Pinball Map. Not an Oktoberfest on location in Minnesota. That is a shame. It's a lot of fun to play.

2 weeks later
#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

We had to order more of the membrane switches as our original supply from 2019 finally ran out.
The original company we used to make them has since went out of business, we were forced to find a new company to make these switches, in addition, we ordered a much smaller amount this time around, the result was a huge increase in our cost, we are charging a few dollars more than what we paid for them.

You got them done. Good for AP and their customers.

1 week later
#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from PinChris:

It will just keep trying to eject them

Look at the side of the machine. Does the ball come up and hit the flap on the right side of the ball trough assembly and go back down ?

If so gently bend the flap out a little so ball goes to the shooter lane and not back down.

2 months later
#1876 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Only other thing I would check is that all the speaker cables (computer -> filter, filter -> amp, amp -> speakers) are nice and tight, so that it's not a matter of the shaker vibrating a wiggly connection.

I'd unplug them, clean them, then stick them back on.

2 months later
#2009 8 months ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

still nothing.

If you hold them in by hand do they work then ? If so bend the metal flap on the coin door that closes them so it does a better job.

And be sure the door harness isn't between the metal flap and switches.

4 months later
#2103 4 months ago
Quoted from 2pghkid:

ones that AP was considering at the beginning.

In prototypes, left out of production. Prototype backglass was way cooler.

#2105 4 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Are you able to purchase the proto backglass somewhere?

No.

Disclaimer : I forgot to put it on my Christmas wish list.

#2106 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Prototype backglass was way cooler.

Disclaimer : I like it because Joe Balcer and Matt Reister are on it. And the monkey where his hands shouldn't be.

octpin (resized).jpgoctpin (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2136 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I've been battling this for years.

Does the ball come down the wireform towards the barrel and hop off ?

A couple thoughts. Bend the entrance on the left side in the direction of the arrow, to the right.

Or the entrance to the barrel, see if there is any way to loosen/bend up and right where the wireform hooks on. I don't have a game to check. Probably have to remove the barrel and Mcguiver something.

Pinside_forum_7983111_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7983111_0 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2189 69 days ago
Quoted from danarchy:

Lloyd wont even be in the same state as API and I can say 100% he will not be allowed to ship no charge replacement parts at the rate he did at JJP.

Lloyd ( me ) wasn't in the same state as jjp either. NJ or IL. And I never sent parts, replacement or charged. Requests for parts I sent up to the appropriate person.

Same method will be in place with American Pinball.

#2195 68 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I for one am ecstatic to have LTG on the American Pinball team.

Funny. I'm ecstatic to be working with Ferret !

1 month later
#2265 12 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Talk to LTG to be sure.

Best check with Maurice at AP. I don't have my game yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.