IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from crnkadirnk:

Does anyone else with Cliffy protectors installed have an issue with the VUK ring resulting in an occasional stuck ball?
See my illustration - I grabbed the playfield diagram from the manual to mark up, and sketched in the VUK ring in blue, with the ball getting stuck resting against the rail on bottom of the rail and the lip of the VUK ring.
I reached out to Cliff to ask if he'd be interested in making a modified or additional piece, sort of like the tent scoop panel, to fill the area and either fit against the ring or as a part incorporating the ring, but I haven't heard back so I assume that's not something he is interested in making/improving upon.
Has anyone made a solution themselves?
I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to trace out and approximate this area in CAD (including getting a measurement on the existing ring), and then 3d print a very thin panel or use the Silhouette Cameo to cut out material in the shape.
[quoted image]

Cliffy will reply, he is super busy as of late.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

^ the last three bugs mentioned are exactly the reason I haven’t bought this pin. Not those problems specifically, but the gremlins like them that seemingly live inside this game and pop out to say hi at inopportune times. I’m glad owners love this game, and I hope to be one of them some day, but these hiccups would drive me nuts.

Just bought the game, and bugs never worry me. They happen, they sometimes get fixed, sometimes they don't. Look at T2 for example, now we have some new code that improves the code and the game is over 30 years old. Hopefully the team at American are addressing theses bugs.

2 months later
#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from crnkadirnk:

Aside from Josh's Otto, here are the mods I can recall seeing on here (see the machine's photo gallery for a few of these):
Airball and stuck ball protectors (3d print)
Stickers on the barrel.
Keychain sized beer mugs stuck onto the playfield plastics (I think I saw this somewhere).
Someone made paper post wraps with a bavarian checkered pattern for the 4-5 very tall posts that support the wireforms. They also had some bunting (pennant flags on a string) running between those post tops in the upper playfield.
Coin reject buttons.
Someone painted/coated the wireforms. This machine is on the gallery and apparently has all the metal bits in blue, too.
Bumper car swaps are possible - I saw that Cointaker was selling a few different colors. And some early photos had occupants in the bumper cars, but I believe AP employees confirmed they were not provided/shipped that way because they were too close and sometimes hit the ball while on the roller coaster habitrail.

Sticker on the barrel? I don't think I have seen this?

4 weeks later
#1845 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

When I recently received my new game I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. All the advertising and promo pics show it completely different to what I received and I felt a bit dooped. I mean the thing was practically purple with a high gloss and beyond its shape bore no resemblance to a beer barrel. I contacted AP with my gripe and their customer service was fast and top notch. I requested a second barrel that I could get privately painted and they were gracious, expedient and I got a new one within days. I was warned that it would look like the one I had as this is how they all look in the latest builds. I had a friend work his magic and I am way happier with its overall appearance. If anyone is in a similar situation he would be happy to paint yours as well for $50 and you pay the shipping both ways. With the size of this piece for me it was worth every penny. Pm me if interested. Here is a side by side comparison.
[quoted image]

Does the lighter color make the area "brighter"in appearance? Do you have pics of the barrel installed yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.