IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It can be impossible to meet people at shows. To meet someone who works for a manufacturer like American Pinball. Frequently check their booth. Staffed by many. And sooner or later the person you seek shall be there. You can also ask if they are there, and when they expect them.

Most of them are real. Might not be all there. But are real.
LTG : )

I don't know about all of them but @DanDanDan definitely drank some of my bourbon at Pincinnati so he's as real as they get! I was lucky enough to get a BTA sticker from Barry at the Cleveland show, everyone I've met at API are awesome to BS with. One of these days maybe I'll get to harass Balcer at a show too.

2 weeks later
#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes, I think that’s the concept as JJP has implemented it. IMHO my concerns with it: everyone needs to pay very close attention to what’s going on. After 3 balls complete for everyone, suddenly perhaps it’s player 2’s turn after player 4 (because P2 earned an EB but P1 didn’t) which breaks the established pattern “it’s my turn after Bob”.
Also, if you plan to play more than one game with your group, it does not actually save other players from having to wait to play, it just moves around the wait time.
If we receive a lot of requests for this behavior, we certainly would consider making it an option, but to my memory this was the first such request.

I set my WOZ up this way so that if my wife and I are playing and I pick up an EB or two when her game is over she can go ahead and play something else, take the dogs out, get a drink, etc. while I finish my game. It is true that it breaks the established cycle and you do need to really pay attention to whose turn it is but if you're in a competitive setting you really need to be doing that anyway.

3 months later
#417 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Those are great, been using them for a while now.

Yep, especially on Houdini where the playfield is so close to the sides. I put a big warning sticker on the lockdown bar to remind me not to lift the PF without the protectors inserted first.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Interesting comment, since all three of those are Joe Balcer designs.

And two of them are pinball_keefer coded / rule sets, can't remember what jokers did the code / rules for OKT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.