4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Docpinball:

Octoberfest now on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo NY. Sitting right next to Houdini from American Pinball.
Enjoy.
DocPinball[quoted image][quoted image]

Great! Now the Buffalo Pinball guys can enjoy both!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

"Put down your sausage and toss rings with Inga!"
family friendly or not?

Definitely family friendly.

"Inga will be happy to hold your sausage so you can toss some rings!" probably not so much.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

"vs say . . . I'm thinking of something right now that rhymes with VUK"

What?! Hinting at "Duck" isn't family friendly?! The game's full of 'em for chrisakes!

Quoted from LTG:

You mean something like, "Put down your rings and play hide the sausage with Inga".
LTG : )

Is "Hide the Sausage" a mode with the adult settings on?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

... The good thing is for most of you guys, who are vocal on this, regardless of the decisions we make, you will be using non-FF, so, you can hear all of it.

Looking forward to the full meal adult deal Josh!

AND ... I can't wait for the "F---ing Big Points" mode on my Sopranos game to seem innocent in comparison. No pressure though!

3 weeks later
#63 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

At one point did talk about having multiple 'categories' or 'levels, but hard enough at times to decide if a voice call is family friendly or not, having three, four or five categories would be impossible. Even with just that one dividing line it can be hard to get consensus. Our recent 'game' of 'family friendly or not family friendly' during our seminar at SFGE had only 2 or 3 out of the 12 where it was unanimous as far as which side of the line it belonged.
There is no swearing, does not fit the theme, and there are very few themes that should require it to get humor into the game.

Josh -

I don't understand what the big deal is. Just offer a squeaky clean "family friendly" version and an "adults only" version with edgy humor. No need for anything more and owners/operators can simply choose between one or the other.

As a prospective buyer, and home collector without little kids, I'm looking for a game with mature humor callouts to match the already adult theme. Anything less (ala Stern's Deadpool) is not going to entice me to add this game to my private gameroom.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

This is exactly what we're doing. "Family Friendly" is the default setting, but owners/operators can turn this setting off if they want the spicier A/V.

Excellent!

1 month later
#138 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

My game will turn up on Monday, hopefully... I much prefer the 'butt-grabbing monkey' version... I'll find out which one I get soon!! It's a game that's been it the stock of a UK distributor, so there's a chance it will be the proto I guess... if it isn't, do AP sell this version still?? Why did this change, the monkey was/is funny... he's not grabbing butts anyway, he's just hungry and trying to get some sausage! Only dirty minds think he's grabbing butts

That little guy was apparently grabbing more than butts.

Why resurrect this issue though? If you wish to catch up on the raging debate that took place about the original backglass art, there are pages and pages of posts within the Joe Balcer/Oktoberfest thread about it.

#165 4 years ago

That original backglass was one of the things that made me pull the trigger on this game... I didn't even know there was an alternative... what exactly was the issue with the old one? I understand that some people thought the monkey was touching someone's butt, but he was clearly reaching for a sausage... ok, there was an innuendo there, as there are in the callouts, so it matches the game... was there any other issue with it?

This topic was debated ad nauseum about 10 months ago. Start around here on these threads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/31#post-4666612

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-like-or-dislike-about-oktoberfest/page/2#post-4657436

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-vs-oktoberfest/page/2#post-4658533

#168 4 years ago

I saw a few posts in those topics touching on the subject, but did not detect any ad nauseum elememt to them... just a lot of downvotes to those suggesting the monkey is bad... seems like AP are not considering those downvotes opinions even though they're in the majority...[quoted image][quoted image]

Believe me, between the various threads as well as most (if not all) podcasts at the time, this subject was covered ad nauseum.

American Pinball is also wise enough to realize that the vocal monkey art defenders on Pinside don't necessarily represent the majority of their customers' views or what the right thing was to do in this case.

#171 4 years ago

But they do believe that considering everyone means not considering those that prefer the original backglass by making available to purchase through their website.. I really don't see the wisdom in that or how it considers everyone...

It's not a matter of considering what some people would like to see. It's current applicable social standards. Agree with them or not.

FWIW, many pinheads (including me) would like to see the game offered in a more adult version, but we draw the line at a monkey putting his hand up a woman's skirt.

#173 4 years ago

Need I point out that the game is made in the USA, by an American company, and primarily for American customers. It's their product and they have the right to offer artwork variations or not as they see fit.

Regardless, the fact that you feel conned by AP because you weren't aware of a widely publicized backglass change that they made 10 months ago, is on you - not them.

#175 4 years ago

LOL

Have a good day!

#193 4 years ago

I just saw in the thread related ads that appear at the bottom of this page... you can scroll through there and find the complete game... have a look at it... attached below... strange that this is being advertised for sale when you obviously can't buy what's seen there... I guess that means by by to the Otto side art... [quoted image]

The final (sales version) Oktoberfest game:

https://www.american-pinball.com/games/oktoberfest/

You're welcome!

7 months later
#406 3 years ago

My wife says I can't buy this game until new code is released.

Help a pinhead (of German heritage to boot) out AP!

3 weeks later
#434 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have no clue why the mob bashes the AP pins. They are excellent pins. ...Not fair to AP at all.

Agreed!

Typical clueless critiques:

Houdini: "Shots are too tight. Game is no fun."

Oktoberfest: "Theme is terrible."

Or was that just per Kaneda?

4 weeks later
#446 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not a big fan of mods. ...

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm talking commercial use. ...

For a second there, with the initial shock, I thought you were referring to Pinside mods.

2 months later
#547 3 years ago

Yet another reason I need to buy an Oktoberfest: I purchased a future mod.

il_794xN.2104572569_euhz (resized).jpgil_794xN.2104572569_euhz (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#583 3 years ago

Saw a great accompaniment to an Oktoberfest game at Costco today - just don't wait for Xmas!

20200919_120204 (resized).jpg20200919_120204 (resized).jpg
20200919_120151 (resized).jpg20200919_120151 (resized).jpg
20200919_120157 (resized).jpg20200919_120157 (resized).jpg

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Any suggestions for the fan noise on the power supply?

Drink beer with a higher ABV % when playing.

2 weeks later
#630 3 years ago
#640 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

see any good spots on the game where this figure could go? Having a hard time figuring where I could put it!

I don't own an Oktoberfest yet, but I was thinking she might go well on top of the plastic over the PROST targets.

4 weeks later
#721 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I customized Otto this week. I added skin tone, real hat feather, and hair. Looks so much better than the stock mold ...

I salute your customizing skills!

Your Otto kinda reminds me of the grandfather in Heidi. Now THAT was one partying dude!

Prost!

309412_orig (resized).png309412_orig (resized).png

#722 3 years ago

Discovered this German TV series on Netflix the other day. And here I thought Oktoberfest was a happy festival!

Beer & Blood (resized).jpgBeer & Blood (resized).jpg

1 month later
#762 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi i would like to know if i won't make a mistake,i have a ghostbusters pro since 4 years and i will sell it to buy an okterberfest.
I would like to know if i won't regret that choice,thanks for your comments

I can't speak for you, but FWIW - I would have no concerns whatsoever with selling a Ghostbusters in order to buy an Oktoberfest.

8 months later
#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’d be in on a factory retheme Octoberfest to Strange Brew!

Here's to Johnny Utah (one of my fav local brews) and Oktoberfest!

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg

#1085 2 years ago

Picked up a 6-pack of this at lunchtime to try later today while playing pinball.

Wish I had an Oktoberfest game to go with it!

Founders Oktoberfest (resized).jpgFounders Oktoberfest (resized).jpg

1 year later
#1467 1 year ago

Hurra!

After years of having Oktoberfest on my wishlist, I've FINALLY joined the owners' club!!!

Just one problem though ... I think I'm gonna need a bigger cup holder.

20221016_164716 (resized).jpg20221016_164716 (resized).jpg

#1468 1 year ago

"Greta" (which I purchased 2-3 years ago for a future Oktoberfest) is home at last!

Okt Greta (resized).JPGOkt Greta (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

...You can make it easier to earn saves (done via the little stand up targets by the outlines), by collecting the appropriate stein, which I think it is Ish Pale Ale, but not certain. ...

Kernenmeister

It's one of the first steins I usually go for.

3 weeks later
#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where did you get the keg sticker?

I bought various ones here:

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/german+beer+stickers

1 month later
#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from PinChris:

... Does anyone have pictures of how they hooked up pinstadium to the shaker moter?
Thanks
Chris

I don't have a photo, but connect (insert two of the wire leads Pin Stadium provides) into the shaker connection at the location circled on main cabinet board diagram below. Board is mounted on lower left side wall of cabinet.

Oktoberfect cab board (resized).jpgOktoberfect cab board (resized).jpg

#1635 1 year ago

Added some color to my game:

DSC01503 -1 (resized).JPGDSC01503 -1 (resized).JPG
DSC01517 (resized).JPGDSC01517 (resized).JPG
DSC01489 (resized).JPGDSC01489 (resized).JPG
DSC01508 (resized).JPGDSC01508 (resized).JPG
DSC01523 (resized).JPGDSC01523 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

PROST! Oktoberfest has made it all the way to the Middle East......Deluxe edition delivered this week to a very happy new owner in a lovely place called Ras Al Khaimah.....(google it )

Congrats - a fine location to enjoy a great game like Oktoberfest!

Ras Al Khaimah (resized).jpgRas Al Khaimah (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from crnkadirnk:

I thought I once saw a light bar for the topper - my classic doesn't have that, so maybe it's something the deluxe has, or it could have been a custom job I remember seeing posted.

Quoted from Duster72:

It's available in the AP Store for less than $20 IIRC.

I believe the topper lighting kit is only offered as an add-on. I bought one a few months ago and it ran me $43 w/ tax & shipping, and I think it adds a nice effect to the topper. Here's a pic of mine lit up plus an installation video American/Dave Brennan made:
DSC01523 (resized).JPGDSC01523 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1682 1 year ago

I bought two membrane switches recently from American when they came back in stock. Hate the price, but it sure is nice to have a working beer barrel ball lock again! I think the old (faulty) membrane switch was causing game crashes too as they have since stopped for the most part.

FWIW, I'm following Dave Brennan's advice not to keep locked balls in place on this switch (carried over from game to game) now as well.

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

It is with great pleasure, that I can say, I was finally able to kick ass on my machine with a computer swap.
Giant thanks to Ferret and the guys at AP, maybe soon I'll be able to take a crack at Flipper Meister.
PROST!
[quoted image]

Nice score!

Not to diminish your achievement (as my current best is only half as much), but just wanted to share that I purchased my Oktoberfest from a major tournament champion talent here in the Pac NW and was amazed by his 100 mil+ high scores on the game. While the memory of these is still inspiring to me, I deleted them so I could actually enter my initials within my lifetime.

2 weeks later
#1715 1 year ago

Herr Otto. Danke @rosh!

Otto 2 (resized).jpgOtto 2 (resized).jpg
#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Awesome right?
Digging your powder coated ramp. Nice color choice. Post a broader playfield pic?

Yep - Rosh's Otto definitely adds to the game!

And thanks - I went for various autumnal colors on the wireforms. Full playfield can be see here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/33#post-7355536

1 month later
#1798 11 months ago

To all fellow appreciators of Oktoberfest ...

PROST!

20230421_171155 (resized).jpg20230421_171155 (resized).jpg

#1800 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do you remember where you got this sticker? I've been looking but can't find one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/31#post-7294221

#1804 11 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Willkommen Otto!

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Otto arrived in Australia too - prost!
What a huge improvement.

Wunderbar! Prost!

Prost (resized).jpgProst (resized).jpg

#1807 11 months ago

Bierfrau:

beer maid (resized).jpgbeer maid (resized).jpg

#1809 11 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s cool, where’s you land that one?

Quality painted figures out of Ukraine via a shop on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyBaselardShop

3 weeks later
#1864 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

... The only thing I would change is the playfield artwork. Too many cooks in the kitchen I heard and it shows. If AP came out with a new playfield art package I would consider upgrading. Call it Oktoberfest Munich edition.

While I agree that Oktoberfest's playfield artwork isn't as homogenous or aesthetically pleasing as other games considered to be beautiful, I appreciate its eclectic nature. Much like that found at any large fair, the playfield is a collective mix of colors and graphics that evokes a carnival atmosphere for me.

#1866 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Higher resolution would’ve been nice

Adds to the alcohol induced vibe it generates.

Genius!

1 week later
#1882 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Where is the best place to hook up the pinstadium lights?
Thanks,

I connected the primary lighting leads to the backbox LED strip for power.

The secondary effect lighting to the shaker motor. Lights up with pop bumper hits, roller coaster multiball, etc. More connection info here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/33#post-7354670

2 weeks later
#1909 9 months ago

Oktoberfest tutorial stream by Joe Schober's neighbor and a pretty good pinball player - Austin Mackert:

#1911 9 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Austin's not just my neighbor, he's a friend, fellow league/tournament competitor (who beats me up more often than not, unfortunately ), and all around good guy. ...

He is a good player as is evident in his other streams. It's too bad that the Oktoberfest he was playing apparently needed some fine tuning (both mechanically and in the rules settings) as his beer barrel ramp shot difficulty and right outlane drain frequency added to his aggravation with the gameplay. He also didn't seem to be aware of the full scoring benefits of earning food stand calories or ducks either.

#1923 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Not to be rude, honest question: Does anyone really use Scorbit? I had assumed it went the way of the dodo.

I don't miss it on my JJP games. I do like Stern's Insider Connected stats features though!

2 weeks later
#1930 8 months ago

"Inga is used to anxious wieners."

1 week later
#1939 8 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

... Mine is really dark and the GI doesn't do a good job of illuminating the playfield (on my game). I was thinking perhaps the GI on my game isn't working properly.

Oktoberfest is a comparatively dimly lit game - even with the back panel light strip.

One of the few in my collection that I've added PinStadium lights to. Much better now!

Oktoberfest 30 (resized).jpgOktoberfest 30 (resized).jpg

#1945 8 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

WOW! Where did you get the tiny ducks over the Duck targets!
Well done!

Thanks. I purchased the mini ducks on Etsy - here's one seller:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1392289670/lot-of-tiny-duck-toys-dollhouse?ref=share_v4_lx

Word of warning: I like these for better marking the duck targets, but you'll need to be careful where you place them and/or how you secure them as errant balls will take them out. I ended up changing from hot glue to embedded screws on all but the one near the pops.

#1946 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Agreed. First the beer fraus, now the ducks. We need a link please!

Painted bier frau figurines are available at Etsy as well (HEADS UP - some of these are for adults only):

"MyBaselardShop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyBaselardShop#:~:text=559-,MyBaselardShop,-Ukraine

3 weeks later
#1954 7 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

“Guns, beer, what could go wrong?” Finally picked up this Diana Oktoberfest air gun. Wasn’t released initially here in the US. ...

Love that "DIANA ACTION"!

#1993 7 months ago

Forbidden fruit appeal.

3 weeks later
#2032 6 months ago

Oktoberfest 2023 (Munich) starts this Saturday 9/16!

Is your game ready?

Oktoberfest draft horses (resized).jpgOktoberfest draft horses (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2044 5 months ago

I like to play the Stein Race (one handed) mode for variety, but typically don't do super well. I wish the buttons were reversed so that the red (lower) one controlled the right flipper. I think my beer fueled brain would sync better.

The Sober mode is even tougher for me as I don't seem to get to play (practice) it very often. It's still a blast though as well as so unique! One of the many reasons that Oktoberfest is such a fun game!

4 weeks later
#2063 4 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Pretty happy with how this turned out! About $250 total in taps, display and AP lighting kit. Whatcha think?
[quoted image]

Nice - looks cool!

2 weeks later
#2084 3 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Just to second that - this game really benefits from Pinstadiums. And I like the UV effect. It's fun.

Gonna pile on in agreement. Oktoberfest is one of the few games I own that I've felt a genuine need to add Pinstadiums to. It really benefits from them!

#2086 3 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Does anyone else have an issue when you hit the food tent scoop flush - the ball sometimes gets stuck just to the left of the scoop? I always have to tilt to rock it back into the scoop.
Also agree on the pinstadiums. A must have for Oktoberfest.

Are you referring to the tent scoop or the food stand VUK?

If the latter, I had a similar issue of the ball getting stuck to the left, but only because I had installed a Cliffy ring protector at the VUK opening.

#2089 3 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Yes the food stand VUK and the same as I have a cliffy on mine as well.

I cut a gap in my Cliffy ring to allow the ball to enter the VUK opening from the left. Once I did, the problem was resolved.

1 month later
#2157 66 days ago
Quoted from spoke:

... Not like they are cranking out updates on GTF, as the last one of those was in August.

I suspect American is not exactly selling a ton of GTFs either given apparent ongoing issues with it.

Not good for the company or Oktoberfest code follow-up.

1 week later
#2167 59 days ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Agreed. Worries me that these are not readily available. Hopefully these become available widely or someone comes up with a better alternative

Hopefully, a membrane switch source will remain ...

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/aunt-ron-is-looking-for-a-buyer-for-american-pinball

1 week later
#2173 51 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This game has to be one of the best bargains out there - it's got more toys, mechs, magnets, slings, targets, modes etc than most of my other pins and is (by far) the one i paid the least amount for.

Quoted from Scoot:

That is a steal! Oktoberfest is such a great game. It's sad that these games are going for so little. I would put my Oktoberfest up against most sterns.

We're basically "preaching to the choir" in this owners thread, but I'll contribute to the Oktoberfest lovefest by adding that it's one of my favorites in my current collection.

I think a lot of pinheads are unfortunately missing out on a really fun game due to an aversion to its theme, artwork, and/or unique gameplay character.

1 month later
#2216 21 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

... Finally, if it is a glitchy membrane switch acting up, they’re fairly easy to replace ...

I wish. I recall changing out the membrane switch for the beer barrel as being a bit of a chore - primarily due to all the messy adhesive that needs to be removed. Not something I look forward to having to do again.

#2217 20 days ago

<under construction>

#2226 16 days ago
Quoted from SNES:

... My left and bottom pop bumpers aren’t working. I checked the switches and they work fine. Checked power settings on the coils and adjusted to default power. Reseated the connections. I don’t see anything physically wrong with them, but the coils aren’t firing. Any thoughts? Seems odd that both coils would go bad. Game only has 600 plays on it.
What are thoughts on the best code update? I just read above me about the lack of high score entry on the newest code, but what about before that? Mine is on 19.10.24. Would you guys go with the currently available 20.09.23 or just leave what I have?
Thanks everyone! Game is a lot of fun so far!

I would double check wiring solder connections. Have you confirmed coil operability in the coil tests via the service menu? Coils rarely go bad - doubt that this is an issue with either.

I would also definitely update the code as there have been a bunch of bug fixes/upgrades since your version.
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdfoktoberfest_release_notes.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.