IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T3quila.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#301 4 years ago

I have seen some pictures on the web where there are little figurines in the bumper cars, like a duck and so on.
It's that an add on? I haven't seen anything on the American Pinball store though.

Am now a proud owner since this weekend and have already the HD glass, the knocker and the Stein ordered. Can't wait for it to arrive!

This game is so awesome, it has this "one more game" addictiveness to it.

Also, I could have sworn that somebody posted a picture with a topper consisting of 2 steins but I don't seem to be able to find it anymore.

Die Krüge hoch, Prost!

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One of a kind, someone made it for their own game from beer signs.

In a prototype game, they interfered with the wireform and balls and were dropped from production. Not available. ( unless the mod people figure something out )
LTG : )

Thanks! Maybe I can come up with a cool topper, I have actually real Mosskrüge from Germany, but they are a little heavy, plus something tells me that putting heavy glass objects on a machine that gets nudged is probably not a bright idea.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I made them from lighted bubbling beer signs and some modification. Very light plastic. Looking to make something for in between at some point.[quoted image]

That's awesome. Do you remember where you got them?

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Ebay or etsy. Good luck finding a pair. There are other vintage bubble beer advertising that may work. I'd like to see what you come up with. They look great on top!

Started looking into beer props and possibly making themselves. It's resin or acrylic water and will get pretty heavy as well if you go full scale.

Maybe I'm thinking about that wrong, and I should go into the Lebkuchenherz direction instead of something.

#310 4 years ago

Has anybody tried the Ninja balls? I wonder if they magnetize quickly. There is a black Friday deal going on.

2 weeks later
#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, totally...he has been a huge help for me. I post here just to get peer information before I tap AP's resources. I'll let you guys know if it turns into something bigger .
Thanks!

Barry is absolutely fantastic! I think the poor man has now nightmares being hounded by me with stupid questions, as far as customer service goes AP is top notch. Go ask him before I traumatize him too much and he needs to go on rehab.

1 week later
#330 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Christmas present to myself time.[quoted image]

Cheers, I bought one as well!

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Here is what the bar door issue looks like if anyone needs comparison. I emailed Barry already so I am sure I will get it fixed.

Mine actually opens only to where yours is stuck to. When it gets hit by a ball though it turns further - I thought that was intended to make the shot harder - but closes fine afterwards. Let me know what comes out of you don't mind, mine might need to open a tad wider possibly.

#333 4 years ago

Actually, strike that, mine is opening now fully every time without problem and closing as well.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Haha, maybe my post fixed it.

I took the playfield up to work on it and install Shaker, Pinstadium and clean it and so on, might have fixed that.

Got new shiny balls too, with the Pinstadium it's sparkly and oh my God is the Shaker awesome with the rollercoaster.

I think I got now everything - glass, knocker, Shaker, Pinstadium, mug. I'm missing an actually working beer keg topper, that would be awesome! Or maybe in the unused space in the cabinet. Some of the mod people get to work on that lol.

#336 4 years ago

I have a suggestion for the next software version:

Outside of a mode the tent scoop spots a tent letter, but it does not when a mode is running. If the scoop is not a lit Target in a mode it would be nice if it could also spot the letters inside that mode. If you think that would make it too easy it could be an option to turn it on and be off by default.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Doesn't sound crazy. There have been times when I'm working through a mode and I wished I was still earning TENT letters. In fact, for me, that might be more in line with "expected behavior".

If I try to hit something else in a mode I have the uncanny ability to hit the scoop like 5 times in a row running down the clock. That way at least I can work towards Flippermeister

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

If you get enough of the beers that make spelling tent easier (don't recall what beer this is, but it's the one that's linked with the Juggler mode) then you'll light the tent for mode start easily enough anyway...

Thank you! There are so many cool upgrades with the steins, I typically go for extra ducks and start bumpers. Next one is often more time in tents and then from there on out I pick which mode I want to play. What's your strategy usually?

#342 4 years ago

I always go for making tent easier to spell first, then I'm torn between making outlane saves easier and more time in tents... more tilt warnings also ranks high, then probably making Oktoberfest easier to spell... Stein selection for me is always based on the generic game benefit not on modes, the modes I pick are generally guided by what Steins I've got already... unless a multiball is ready to start, then I'll pick a mode that requires a lot of hits, like Fud Frenzy, and go for starting the MB to stack it with that mode...

Sound strategy!
The reason why I go for the ducks first typically is because of I have boatloads of ducks and start bumpers the mode can get me over 500k collecting the first extra ball.

The Oktoberfest letters is pretty valuable too, locking balls is an easy way to get via skill shot more steins. 5 steins lights another extra ball I believe. Bunch of ducks as well.

There are really so many valid strategies the game is really amazing.

#344 4 years ago

So the more ducks you have the more points you get in bumpers mode?

Not sure I follow this one... you mean by selecting the Stein that allows you to spell Oktoberfest easier you get to lock balls easier (in the Corkscrew)?

So ducks multiply scores in any modes I believe - in combination with the double points Stein for the bumpers and being an easy mode since you can backhand the ball up there it is a good way to get lots of points early. If I can keep the ball up there and keep scoring where it hits the upper slingshot I can get over 600k points right out of the gate.

If you can get the ramp down for the rollercoaster lock quickly it will serve each time a new ball for a new skill shot after you lock the ball.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ducks do indeed increase the scoring of tent modes. It's not a straight multiplier in the same way that the stein/tent pairings are... as a very rough rule of thumb, playing a tent with 20 ducks will score about double the points of playing that tent with 0 ducks, all else being equal (same steins and shots made).

That would explain why the points start piling up once you hit like 60 ducks and have 2 steins and start that mode. Big points!

Do they affect the Multiball jackpots as well? I know there is a Stein for that!

What's you favorite strategy?

#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yep. Pretty much any tent mode can be worth mongo points with enough ducks. Also, remember that winning a tent mode gives ducks too -- 5 + 5 for each additional tent won on the same ball. So basically a feedback loop: doing well makes it easier to do even better.

Calories from the Food Stand serve the same purpose of boosting multiball (Corkscrew, Beer Barrel) scoring, that ducks do for tent modes. And yes, you've also got the steins for increasing scoring for those two multiballs.

Y'know, there are so many viable strategies on the game, that I change it up with some frequency. I'll often start with Frosty Ferret, because 1) hey, that's my stein and 2) it pairs with Duck Hunt, which gives additional ducks while you're playing it, and isn't too hard to win for the +5 duck bonus. So I hope to come out of Duck Hunt with a dozen or more ducks, which sets me up nicely for better scoring on future tents. It's tempting to also take Abby Nirmal Cider ("Easier to get ducks"), but that pairs with the Bumper Cars tent, and I usually try to defer that until I have a multiball ready, so I usually don't grab that stein until I've locked a ball or two. Engler Pale Ale (more tent time + Chugging) is often my next choice, although I also like Ish Pale Ale (easier to collect steins + Sky Slide). Sky Slide isn't too hard a tent to win... so now if I've got a couple tent wins on the same ball, I'm eyeing Reclab Redrum Stout (more bonus X + Stein Race) because the Tent Win Bonus is multipliable and can get very juicy. You'll note that I haven't really mentioned multiball to this point... I find that the PROST and OKTOBER FEST targets kinda take care of themselves from random bounces... when I'm getting close to having locks lit, I'll definitely do a couple spinner rips if needed to open the Food Stand and get a food feature running to get some calories. (And if you're doing that, might as well visit the Rockin' Express tent at the same time...) By design, the even numbered food features are the lucrative ones, so if you want nice multiball values, you sorta have to survive the first Food Stand to reach the second, or survive the third to reach the fourth. If I've gotten good calories and have locks lit or nearly so, for sure I'll take Freak Show Rooster and/or Frosty Ferret to amp the respective multiballs. Through all of this, one important thing to remember is that you can take multiples of the same stein... have you really crushed some tent modes and therefore have a serious Tent Win Bonus? By all means, take some extra Reclab steins to crank the bonus X even higher. Same idea with the Freak Show and Frosty Ferret steins if you have lots of calories.
But all that is my answer right now. Ask me again in a month and I'll probably say something different.

That's awesome, thank you for the detailed answer!

I seldomly get above 6 tents or steins cause my ball control is poor. I really have to learn skills other than cradling. I wanted to try post pass next to make it easier to set up shots but I don't seem to be able to get it right. Nudging is next on the list after that, because the slingshots tend to hit it right into the outlane from certain angles.
So much still to do! Can't wait to get to Flippermeister or Stein slinging. So far I have resisted the urge to turn it to 5 balls.
Thank you guys for such an awesome pin!

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm so happy that you love the game!
I rarely post pass on Oktoberfest, because the tent scoop serves that need for me... if I have the ball on the right flipper but I want it on the left, I shoot the scoop, and let it eject and dead-bounce to the left flipper. If I have the ball on the left flipper but want it on the right, I shoot the scoop and drop-catch the eject on the right flipper. This works great since the scoop spots T-E-N-T letters (unless you're already playing a tent mode) so these passes also give me progress towards the next tent mode start.
But certainly reaching Flipper Meister or Stein Slinging is not easy to do... which is why we have intermediate goals like Duck Derby.

Ah, I have to adjust the coil strength. A dead bounce makes it into the opposite slingshot for me. I typically can however get it into the left flipper by holding the right one up when it ejects. And I have to add drop catches to my list of things to practice because I never know how to get it onto the right flipper!
Ya I've gotten to the duck Derby several times already and it's fun! Haven't won it yet though.

Despite being bad at pinball I have been eyeballing machines for 2 years and when I saw a stream on sdtm I knew I wanted it!

We have guests over right now - adults and kids - and I think they put easily 60 games on the machine since this afternoon. Everybody is enjoying it and I managed to show off the corkscrew Multiball with the Shaker on it now! The amount of excitement you would think they were actually sitting in it lol.

#355 4 years ago

And as a rule of thumb, does the next 20 double the tent mode scoring again, or will it increase it by about 50% compared to the first 20? I.e. if 100 points goes to 200 after 20 ducks, does it go to 400 after 40 ducks or 300... (50% more than 200) roughly...?

The way I read this is, that every duck increases points in modes by 5% but that is pure speculation.

Either way, I'm gonna go for more ducks. 25 lights an extra ball and 50 lights duck Derby.

One thing I noticed is, that if you hit the same duck multiple times in a row you don't get more awarded. Despite making the quack sound it is inactive until you hit a different duck.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Every tent has slightly different behavior on how scoring increases with more ducks, because we had to balance the scoring of modes with lots of potential shots (e.g. Fud Frenzy, Bumper Cars) vs modes with few shots. And I just realized I misspoke in my previous comment: it's actually that WINNING a tent with 20 ducks scores ~2x WINNING that tent with 0 ducks, based on Medium difficulty, all else being equal.
But the scaling due to ducks is linear, not exponential.
In the end, don't overthink it too much: "More Ducks = More Points" is the key takeaway.

Actually, in normal use, duck targets are inactive until you complete the set of duck targets. The "can't repeat the previous target" rule applies during Duck Hunt.

Thank you for the clarification, didn't realize that at all, that changes my shot selection!
When I get a set do I have to hit the question mark to light mystery or does it just light? Also, once I have all 4 do I need to "redeem" mystery or do become all 4 eligible targets again immediately?

When the strong man contest is not lit then I don't get mag nabs for completing it until I got the loop ramp right?

And last but not least, when the game activates a mag by itself, does it use my mag nabs, or are they free?

Sorry for bugging you with this, just curious. I guess I could take the glass off to try it out but I don't like to mess with the machine if I don't have to.

#359 4 years ago

I can answer this one 'cos I asked it before... it's free... furthermore, when the game is going to give you a free mag-nab you can't actually use the mag-nab button... I.e. you can't waste them by using them when you don't need to.

Awesome, thank you!

#361 4 years ago

For some reason I struggle to do post passes with this game more than other games.... it normally needs a failed post pass to result in the ball rolling back down the flipper and to then do a 2nd post pass flip when the ball's about 1/4" before it hits the return lane guide... an attempted post pass from a stationary cradled ball usually fails...

I don't have any skills and tried to practice it, but I have been really struggling with it. May be just that the geometry of the setup is not conducive to it since you have the same problem and I assume you are a way better player than I am.
I'll try what ferret suggested with the tent scoop instead and practice drop catches.
Another thing I have heard of are tip passes but those are pretty difficult to do as far as I understand.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

As soon as you complete the four duck targets, they all unlight so you can immediately start collecting them again, and Mystery immediately lights on the scoop, and Bonus X is increased.

True... unless you hit the High Striker immediately after a left orbit shot. (i.e. Left Orbit -> High Striker combo) That always gives a MagNab even if not lit.

PinballSlave is correct.

No worries at all, I'm happy to talk about the game!

Awesome, thank you again so much!

I must of the time try to go for the barrel. That's just such a satisfying shot when you make it! Have to mix more hi strikers in!

So what does the question mark do then when it is yellow? I know it spots an Oktoberfest Letter when it is green, even though I don't know what I have to do to light it green or yellow.

So, who's the king of Oktoberfest at the office? We need to see the Highscore screen of your guys' work pin! Gives us mere mortals something to work towards!

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Oh, and my (legit) high score is around 45 million... a mere shadow of some of the boss scores I've seen. I believe Joshua Henderson posted a score approaching 700M!

45M I can see if you stack steins with multi ball super jackpots. They can get worth several million each. That's incredibly impressive, but 700M is just plain insane...
Mine is 12M and I though I had a fantastic game!

When you get to those scores you'll have to let us know the secret lol.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

For mid-level scores (double-digit millions) either tents or multiballs can get you there.
For monster scores, I think absolutely the way to go is crushing tent modes. Tent Win Bonus can become very, very lucrative if you win several tents on the same ball. Never start a multiball without starting a tent first, and spend the first part of the multiball using your balls to win and then run up the score of the tent. The multiball jackpots will be waiting for you when the tent times out.
Also, here's a random tip for boosting multiball scores: start a Food Stand mode, then start Juggling. Pay no attention to the Juggling shots -- in fact, avoid them as much as possible -- and use the multiball to rack up calories. As I mentioned earlier, the even numbered Food Stand features are the juicy ones, so for example if you can start the second Food Stand feature and then stack Juggling, keep throwing the balls into the pops and try to rack up as many calories as you can. That'll position you well for big scoring in Corkscrew and Beer Barrel MBs.
But certainly there are lots of strategies for big scores in this game, and I'd love to hear any other approaches y'all discover!

Ha, just had a long game with 25 minutes and did pretty much the opposite of what you just said LOL. Ended up with only 4 million points but I had a blast! Needed only one more Stein for slinging and one more tent for Flippermeister.
Started 2 rollercoaster Multiball with 13 tents played according to the score screen that has to be some record lol.
13 tents 6 won 91 ducks 240 pretzels and 4M points
My wife is still giggling.

#382 4 years ago

Happy New year und hoch die Krüge!

#383 4 years ago

Cleaned my machine and did a switch test afterwards. Noticed that there is no entry for the upper right flipper eos in the matrix there. Running latest firmware. Do I need to reinstall?

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

There is no EOS on upper flipper, not needed.

Thank you!

1 year later
#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

A fast moving ball could rattle on the habitrail, hit the metal guide that feeds the barrel, and then bounce into the spot between the habitrail and side ramp.
Second update on the ball deflector I am working on... I did another test fit on my revised part and I am getting very close. I just need to make another quick revision to it and it should be good to go. I will keep you posted.

I fixed the problem by installing a normal flipper rubber on the upper flipper instead of the fancy colored one. the ball will have less spin and and it doesn't fall off for me anymore.

2 months later
#1173 2 years ago

2 things that helped me: Lock compensation setting as mentioned and clean the membrane switches. If they are dirty they don't perform well either. If both those things don't help you may need new membrane switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T3quila.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=T3quila and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.