IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

nothing special, as than it was available on the outlane
and yes, nice "mode"

Has anyone ever made the "Last Call" shot? I find it impossible.

3 weeks later
#964 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This was the fix. Thank you!
Couple of quick questions.
1 - I locked all 3 balls in the beer barrel last night. I was expecting it to be a multiball, but it just kicked out one ball at a time. When I would drain a ball, it would kick another one out and so on. There were jackpot shots lit up during this mode. Is this normal? I expected it to kick all three out for a multiball. The one at a time thing was odd. I was actually kind of cool though.
2 - Is this the best thread to be discussing this game? Or is there a better "owners" thread? only 20 pages of chatter makes me think I'm in the wrong thread...

This is the right thread. We are just all busy playing our Oktoberfest pins...

With beer barrel multiball, you should hear Otto say, "This keg is tapped" and then kick out one ball at a time where the beer magnet will grab it and throw it around. Most times the beer magnet will catch all 3 balls and then they just come down to the flippers. Very occasionally there will be some odd behavior on my game, like you describe, but a quick reset of the power and all is back to normal. If you think you are having an issue, you can connect a usb drive to the inside of the cabinet to get the diagnostics and send to API. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/

1 month later
#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Does anyone know of a place in the DFW area where they have this available to play? Would love a chance to flip it before I potentially buy it. If not, I might just take the plunge.

Just take a vacation to Vermont. You can come over and play.

1 week later
#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Excited for the light strip for the topper! Any idea of timing or great ideas how to?
I see on the board a spot to connect a topper light to but am unsure of right connector, also don't wanna fry my board hahahha.

The topper light on my Houdini is just a 12 volt light strip that attaches to the backbox lighting. I would imagine it should be really easy to attach it there and feed it up through one of the holes in the head.

1 week later
#1048 2 years ago

I noticed that recently my bar door wouldn't open all the way so I went to investigate. It appears that the sticker on the bar door is starting to lift and is curling back, causing it to jam up against the inner post and wire bundle. I used a pick to try and adhere the sticker back down but after a few plays it is back to binding again.

It looks like I am going to have to remove the entire assembly to fix the issue but not sure how to go about it. If I remove Otto and the wood bar around the door, will I be able to remove it from below? There is a ton of stuff in the way above and below so it looks to be a challenging disassembly. I plan on just slicing away the decal that is lifting with a razor blade.

I would just like to know if there is an easier way to access the door on the left side?

Thanks for any help.

VideoCapture_20210801-065737 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20210801-065737 (resized).jpg
#1055 2 years ago

Disassembly was easier than I anticipated. Here is the culprit. I just trimmed it off and back to 100%.

20210801_092004 (resized).jpg20210801_092004 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1074 2 years ago

The ball flying off the ramp only seems to happen when I hit a Picard maneuver or similar speed. Off the magnet or out of the pops would hardly ever cause it to jump out, at least on my machine.

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was enjoying playing Baywatch recently and thought it reminds me of my Oktoberfest. I looked it up and sure enough it was Balcer. If you like playing Oktoberfest I recommend giving it a try. Many similarities.
[quoted image]

Baywatch is one of the few pins I regret selling. But it did help pay for my Houdini...

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

was it immamaculate ?

No, unfortunately it had legs.

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the adjustment for the slingshot giggling has been around for a few releases. it always seem to be more noticeable on a stream and I don't really hear it when I play, but maybe my old ears just don't hear it.

It is the same way with Hot wheels. When I would watch a stream I constantly heard the shrill of the air gun and thought it to be annoying. But in real life I hardly notice it while playing. I actually like the giggling on Houdini as it adds a level of creepiness to it.

#1121 2 years ago

After a few games tonight, I have come to realize that Stein Race is by far the hardest mode in the game. Why do I suck so bad while playing that mode? Plus I have to shoot only certain shots to make it even harder? I guess I'll have to play more one handed beer in hand mode. Either I get better at it or become an alcoholic. Thanks, API.

2 weeks later
#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from Carl_85:

Hey guys. My Oktoberfest bar door is binding somewhere and not opening/closing. It moves with a bit of help, so stepper motor looks to be good. But you can fell it binding on the last part of opening. Had a quick look to re align, but seems like a bit of a nightmare to drop the mech down. Is it a bad as it looks. I couldn’t see an easy way of getting the subway out without removing a lot of stuff first. Am I just not seeing the obvious? Any help would be much appreciated

The sticker that is on the bar door is starting to peel up in the back, causing the door to bind up and not work, I'll bet. And yes, it is a bit of a pain to remove the assembly. You will have to physically remove the wood part of the bar from the top in order to remove the assembly from the bottom. And to do that you will have to remove the yellow ramp, the beer barrel, and the subway underneath. Good luck with that. How do I know all this? I just had to do it myself.

20210801_092004 (resized).jpg20210801_092004 (resized).jpg
#1135 2 years ago

In order to remove the mech I had to remove the wood decoration from the bar. I couldn't do that until I partially removed the yellow ramp and the habitrail to the beer barrel lock to access the screws and have enough room to remove it. Then I had to remove the bottom subway in order to reach the 4 bolts holding the door mech.

If there is an easier way please let me know.

1 month later
#1147 2 years ago

Does anyone have the direct download link to update the game code for Oktoberfest? I am too impatient to wait for the website to be back up.

2 months later
#1165 2 years ago

One of my favorite video modes of any pinball machine Tap It, I somehow achieved an extra ball while the mode was playing, obscuring the mode and causing me to mess up and end the mode. It would be nice to be able to finish the mode and then be awarded an extra ball.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Here is another weird one. Shot two balls into the beer barrel, shot another into the cork screw lock. Once that ball landed in the cork screw lock I got a “the beer barrel is filling up” audio que? So I let the game sit for a minute and it repeated probably about four or five times (with several seconds in between) while sitting idle. I check the status and it shows only one ball in the beer barrel lock (incorrect) and one in the cork screw (correct). I plunge another ball and send another into the beer barrel after starting Looper. Beer barrel multiball starts (as expected) and the game comes totally unhinged, flippers die, game over sequence starts all while Looper mode music is still playing and continued to play in attract mode. I had to shut the game down.

I have had the same issue. It is probably due to magnetized balls and/or faulty switch membrane in the beer barrel lock. Still working out the kinks on mine but I did recently replace one ball that did seem to quickly magnetize. I put the old one back in and the pin performed much better.

Watch this video, it helped me.

3 weeks later
#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Dinobob8:

Multiple errors: recently my game has started randomly triggering the “the keg is filling up” animation and sound, in the middle of a ball without the ball going up the keg ramp. This then triggers another ball to be launched into the game. So I have two balls in, but the game is t registering a multi ball. Creates a whole bunch of other random issues. And when one ball drains sometimes it ends the ball and sometimes it doesn’t.
Just tried updating the software again, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Anybody ever have this issue?

This issue has cropped up several times in several posts. Either your balls are magnetized, your beer barrel switch membrane is dirty/faulty, or you haven't enabled lock compensation in the settings. Just read a few posts back to see what's going on.

1 week later
#1183 2 years ago
20220220_153652 (resized).jpg20220220_153652 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1185 2 years ago

I am so in love with this game. What is so incredible is that every mode feels different and unique. I have been playing this game every day for months and I still try different combos to try and improve my scores. I usually go only one layer deep on the steins but today I went 3 deep on bumper cars, started it with beer barrel ready and the score went through the roof. Just from that one mode got me close to 3rd place. Amazing replay value. This pin is fantastic!

20220302_182343 (resized).jpg20220302_182343 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Hey All - I wanted to throw a couple of comet spotlights in my Oktoberfest, but I can't seem to figure how / what to tap into. I'm probably a total noob here on AP machines, but the bulbs aren't coming out as easily as a Stern or my Bally/Williams and I don't want to pull too hard. Also, I can't find +/- for the alligator clips like I did for my JJP, etc. Are the bulbs attached to the PCBs on an AP removable? That would be all I need to plug the comet bulb in. Thoughts?
Thanks.

I believe all the bulbs in this game are attached to circuit boards as they are rgb so don't try to pull them out.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Ah thank you. Any thoughts on a source to connect comet spotlights red & balck alligator clips maybe?

I wouldn't be in a position to tell you how, as I wouldn't want to give bad advice and damage your machine. But I believe the bulbs are possibly running 12 volts. I would just use your voltmeter to find 12-13 volts and connect your spots there. But again, do it at your own risk.

3 weeks later
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Special thanks to Huskerfan for printing these up. Pics do not do them justice. Used oil piant for the black, gave me the smooth metal band look I wanted. Takes forever to dry/cure. Absolutely love the way it looks. Prost![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think these look fantastic and are perfect for the theme but I just don't like the 3d printed look. It's overly plastic and shiny. I wonder if these could be sanded down or are there materials that have a dull look?

2 weeks later
#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Saw this posted on the Godzilla mod thread, Would also look good on Oktoberfest! "Hops" shooter
Prost!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/33#post-6938766
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm lost as to why that would look like it belongs on Godzilla. Is that supposed to be an egg or something?

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm starting to get pissed about Team play/ coin op for Oktoberfest. You guys have had updates for all the games except Oktoberfest? We were told over 4 months ago it was coming. Now that Josh is gone who knows? There is no excuse for this. Delays because of covid or supply chain blah blah doesn't matter. This is sitting down at home on a computer and not going to work writing code and programing. This should be way ahead of production and not delayed. What have you been doing the past 2.5 years since your last update!!!!! There is no excuse for this.

I'm sure berating the company will get them right on it.

Look, we all have been waiting and wanting the new code for co-op, but there are far greater things in this world to get upset over. Put a beer in one hand and play Oktoberfest in the other. It practically doesn't get any better than that. I often raise a glass to such an awesome game that we get to play every day. Prost!

#1219 1 year ago

The game will get confused easily if your balls are magnetized. I had a dinged up ball and replaced one with one I had lying around. It quickly got magnetized and weird things started happening. Put the old one back in and all was well. I now use Titan carbons and no problems since.

1 month later
#1277 1 year ago

The new Otto is light years better than the old one and even matches the bar underneath better IMO. Well done Josh. I will be needing one for sure.

1 week later
#1293 1 year ago

Magnetized balls will cause a lot of problems too. Whenever I get a high score that is not deserved, I usually put my family names or make one up.

1 week later
#1336 1 year ago

Downloaded the beta and I can't seem to initiate team play. Is it in a setting or something?

1 week later
#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just thinking out loud here: The 180 ramp seems underutilized and offers little reward other than more magnabs (unless I’m mistaken). Tents that you enter are timed modes and eventually end whether or not you’ve successfully hit enough targets. Sometimes bad ball luck prevents you from getting shots on target in time (yes I know there’s a stein for that). My thought is about changing the code in such a way that staying in a tent is player’s choice and acts as a wagering system. A player may stay in a tent longer trying to accumulate more points but a drain during that mode loses all progress & points for that tent. Instead of timing out, the player could choose to exit the tent when they’ve had enough by hitting the 180 ramp! This way they’re wagering their points vs potential drain and cashing out when the reward is greater than the risk. If a player stays too long in a tent they could start to get drunken flippers and be “cut-off” thus adding to the risk/reward of overstaying your welcome.
My main goal is to make more use of the 180 and I think it becoming an exit point for a tent is a fun idea (similar to the TV shot in WCS94 or Sim Card in DI). Especially how it returns the ball to your flipper like you’re on your way out. Enter in the scoop, exit out the 180.
I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts.

On LOV the left scoop shot during a battle "adds more time" to that battle. Houdini also has an "add more time" by hitting the orbits. Maybe the 180 shot could be similar? If you are about to time out on the mode, hitting the 180 will add more time when you need it. As Big_Whoopin said, I too struggle hitting that shot.

#1369 1 year ago

I just had a strange occurrence. I was playing a game and locked my first ball in the roller-coaster ramp and soon after the game locked up. Everything froze and the flippers went dead. I gave it a few moments and then I cycled the game. When the game booted back up I could not start a game. Thinking it was the ball still stuck up into the coaster lock I went into service mode to try and release the ball. No coils would work. Fearing the worst, I stuck a USB into the machine to capture some logs. Then I rebooted the game again. This time everything worked as expected and had a killer game. Running the latest beta. The game has never locked up on me before.

#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Poor Otto has no home yet. For now he can lead the duck parade.
[quoted image]

I can put it in my machine while you wait...

1 week later
#1392 1 year ago

While I am eagerly awaiting for the new Otto to be available from rosh (soon pretty please!), I have decided to add some extra flood lighting to the bar area. I tapped into the 12v and put a spot over the PROST island.
20220819_193117 (resized).jpg20220819_193117 (resized).jpg
I then decided to just add some spots to the playfield and in the trough. It looks a little harsh on the photo but in person it looks great.
20220819_194437 (resized).jpg20220819_194437 (resized).jpg
I love this game!

1 week later
#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

First game on the new code; I locked the third ball on the Looper and another ball kick out of the trough. It stayed confused the rest of the game. I had an extra ball, which was awarded while the 3rd of my 4 ball mb drained. So I still had two balls in play. When one of those drained, it crashed and reset.

Similar situation. Sending logs.

3 weeks later
#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

So what are your thoughts on the new code?
Is it fun? Are there bugs?
I'm still on the previous code. I needed to be sure the game works issue and bug free for this year's Oktoberfest. I plan on installing the new code closer to Halloween.

Don't hesitate to put up the new code. Has been working great after 50+ plays.

3 weeks later
#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Got the machine working pretty well after a bit of metal bending. It's pretty much an automatic skill shot hit at this point though. Turned out the apron, hangers and receiver were all bent up pretty good. Check out the hangers, you can see why the plunger couldn't hit the ball. I'm pretty happy that everything seems to function properly.
Anyway, was a great surprise for the kids, we're all loving the game!
[quoted image]

My houdini came that way. At some point during shipping, someone layed it or dropped it with the glass side down. The playfield popped out and slammed into the glass. The hangers were bent just like that. I just bent it back and everything was fine. I am sure it wasn't the fault of AP or the dealer I got it from. AP has the best customer service out there so don't hesitate to contact them if you need anything.

3 weeks later
#1496 1 year ago

As Otto likes to say, "Holy shit!"

20221103_163540 (resized).jpg20221103_163540 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1504 1 year ago

So I just had a game of Duck Derby and while playing the mode it ended while in multiball and my flippers died. The balls drained and it offered up a new ball. I have played this mode a hundred times and that has never happened before. Is that what happens when you lose the race? I assume so. I rarely finish the mode with mostly a drain or occasional win.

3 weeks later
#1541 1 year ago

My Houdini had playfield marks on the glass with a bent lock down bracket when I received it. I had determined it was caused during shipping. The pin must have experienced a jolt causing the heavy playfield to pull back away from the lockdown bracket (bending it) and the playfield came dislodged and slammed against the glass. I removed the bracket and bent it back into place and reinstalled it. For the amount of force it took me to bend back the bracket, it must have sustained a pretty big impact to do what it did.

1 week later
#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Yeah. There is definitely a glitch during multiball s. When I'm in multiball and fire one in the beer barrel, it gets confused. Only way to fix is shut it down. This is with the lock compensation on

One more thing to check and see if your pinballs have gotten magnetized. My Oktoberfest is super sensitive to any balls that are magnetized and will start to behave exactly as you describe. I replaced a dinged up ball with another I had laying around and almost instantly I started having issues. I put the old ball back in and problem went away.

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Small question on the management of magnets:
when I activate the magnets with the button, sometimes the magnet in the right lane does not block the ball but on the contrary accelerates the ball, is this normal?

Yep, normal. Sometimes the timing of the magnet will even shoot the ball back up the orbit. Keeps you on your toes.

1 month later
#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

Deluxe edition includes magic glass, knocker kit, shaker, beer stein, topper.

Art blades and powder coated lockdown bar and side rails too.

1 month later
#1721 1 year ago

Is your ball going airborne up the beer barrel ramp? It may be hitting the VUK wireform to cause the ball to derail. I had this problem with a fast shot to the ramp. I fixed this issue by adding a cover to the ramp. Pinstyle here on pinside makes a clear acrylic cover that works great. Maybe reach out to him to see if he still has some.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinstyle

20221112_185344 (resized).jpg20221112_185344 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I am still having a hard time with the scoop ejecting SDTM. I have adjusted power up and down and can't seem to get it consistent to either flipper. Has anyone attempted to manually adjust the scoop a la Houdini's instructions?

My scoop shoots the ball out to right flipper every time. It is odd that different power settings has no effect to the trajectory of the ball. I believe the scoop bracket is similar with Houdini's so reshaping it may be a solution. I believe there might be a ball save setting for that scoop too. I know there is one on Houdini.

#1765 1 year ago

I crushed it today.

20230326_143615 (resized).jpg20230326_143615 (resized).jpg
#1767 1 year ago

A little of both. I ended up maxing out Steins on outlane ball saves, easier collect tent letters and easier to collect ducks? or Steins? and had all Steins by ball 2. Anyway, at one point I had almost 20 million in bonus on ball 2. Several extra balls (standard game rules) and had multiple multiballs. Every multiball had a mode stacked with it or with a calorie item.

My strategy always starts with collecting steins on the plunge. I hardly ever shoot for any other skill shot. It's easy and gets a Stein every time. I often backhand the left orbit, into pops to get playfield multiplier going, or if the ball rolls past, hitting the upper ramp. Also I always try to go back and finish a mode to completion if failed. Extending the time on modes is one of the first Steins I go for. When I am close to multiball, I will start a mode like duck hunt or food frenzy so I can maximize shots to targets. I think the single best way to score points is to collect as many ducks as possible. Mystery awards is very awesome because most times will reset tilt warnings allowing for more life saving nudges. And I NEVER try to hit the scoop with the right flipper. That is the most dangerous shot in the game imo, and will often rocket straight back at me if i miss.

One reason I really enjoy Oktoberfest (there are a million reasons why I love it) is that after a ball lock or if you can get the ball in the shooter lane, the ball will not autoplunge. I like that because I can calm down, take a drink, and plan my next move. I can't do that on Houdini or most other pins.

Finally, Last Call is the single best mode in all of pinball. I have never played anything like it in any other pin and absolutely love it. Beer goggles and weak flippers make me giggle every time, and if I am able to complete it, I always fist pump high in the air! Whoever came up with the idea and coding for that deserves the highest recognition.

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Got my NIB Oktoberfest March 23rd, build date is November 2022. Had the random multi ball issue despite my game having the "Lock Switch Compensation" turned on by default.
Membrane issue reared it's head on my 29th game. I go into the settings and hit "Clear All Balls" and BOOM, the game totally dies. Main fuse is blown so I replace it. I then had power and game boots but no coils of any kind are working. I submitted a ticket to American Pinball, crossing my fingers I don't have to shell out another $150 for a new power supply they suspect I may need on top of the $7.7k I just dropped on a brand new game.
For the record I did really enjoy the 20ish games we got to play (not counting the ones where balls would launch from the trough ala Hyperball). I am a Houdini owner and we really love it, that's why we went in on Oktoberfest.
I know, pinball is pinball. I just find it morbidly amusing that I told myself "well, never bought a NIB game before so at least it'll last a good long time before I have an issue"

Don't worry, AP will get you through it. They have the best customer service in the business. I hope you can get it sorted soon.

1 month later
#1858 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I played LOV and really like it. Been checking out oktoberfest and it looks really fun. Don’t know if one is near me to try. For those who played both or own both which one do you prefer?

Oktoberfest is my favorite pin in my lineup. LOV has great flow, and the upper flipper shot is fun, but doesn't have the variety of modes that Oktoberfest has. What I like best about Oktoberfest is each mode feels and plays completely different from one another. It is incredibly fun stacking certain modes with multiball. Spelling SOBER while having drunk flippers and beer goggles is one of the most creative and fun modes in the game. The left ramp is super steep and very satisfying when you hit it. I can go on and on about this game. I have had all of the American Pinball machines so far (except GTF coming soon) and Oktoberfest and Houdini are by far the most fun to play. Hotwheels and LOV have since moved on to new owners, but Oktoberfest and Houdini are not leaving anytime soon.

20220223_210414 (resized).jpg20220223_210414 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1877 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Does everyone’s machine make a pretty loud electronic pop from the speakers when flipping on the power switch?
-
I have short videos of all the above that I’ll upload and share links to later.

Most my machines pop on startup.

2 months later
#1983 8 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

And BTW, for all of you lamenting Oktoberfest's low score on Pinside's ratings... y'all can do something about that, you know.

Of all the pins I have rated, look at what's on top. I do love me some Oktoberfest.

Screenshot_20230817_070128 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230817_070128 (resized).jpg
#1988 8 months ago

"The Picard maneuver, nicely done," was a callout I would hear on occasion with a left orbit to upper ramp shot. But lately, I have not heard that callout in the last 15 to 20 times making that same shot. Has this callout been removed with the latest update? Since I am a big Star Trek fan, I would love to hear it more often.

2 months later
#2039 5 months ago

Here is my best score in one handed mode so far. I played the entire game holding a beer. Oktoberfest owners, let's see your best scores with only one hand.

By the way, I think I found a glitch when I made it to last call where one handed mode ended and left and right flippers were used until sober finished and then went back to one handed mode. All the while i was wasting magna grabs whenever I pressed the left flipper. Not a big deal but was disorienting to say the least.

Anyway, I am going out on a limb (again) to say Oktoberfest is the most fun pinball machine currently in my lineup. What a great game!

20231024_162843 (resized).jpg20231024_162843 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2139 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Can anyone tell me if their beer barrel ramp is pinched under the vux? After everything I am still getting stuck balls and have to pull the glass 2 times when I'm playing? This game would never work in a tournament or on location. If family comes over I have to stop what I'm doing and fix gutter balls. There doesn't seem to be any solution, adjusted flipper power, put on a ramp shield, got the coil stop, and bent the barrel entrance. If this doesn't work properly there is no fun playing? I've been battling this for years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would try to raise the VUK by adding some washers under the screw holes. It will be a pain to get them there but it may be your only option.

2 weeks later
#2172 73 days ago

That is a steal! Oktoberfest is such a great game. It's sad that these games are going for so little. I would put my Oktoberfest up against most sterns.

1 month later
#2230 38 days ago
Quoted from SNES:

Yeah, checked them visually and don’t see any broken wires. In test the switches register but the coils do not. I agree that it would be extremely odd for even one coil to go bad, let alone two. Although it would be extremely odd for two coils to come disconnected as well. I’m scratching my head on this one.
I really want to keep high score entry in multiplayer games so I don’t want to upgrade to the newest code. Any notable issues like that with 20.09.23 that you know of?
Thank you for the help!

So just to be sure, have you tested the coils with the coin door closed, or better yet started a game with the glass off and manually tested the coils? I have adjusted the coil switches too sensitive in the past and had issues with the coils not firing because they eventually appeared as closed when starting the game. I imagine there is some software coding that will disable them if found to be closed when the game starts to prevent them from locking on and cooking themselves. I opened the gaps of the switches and have not had an issue since.

#2249 32 days ago
Quoted from MichaelMunich:

Hi Oktoberfestguys,
I’ve joined the club two days ago and i’ve been reading the complete thread, in search of an answer.
What would you do if you had a choice between a new Oktoberfest Pinball and one of these legendary three prototypes?
I have the possibility to get the only device in Europe. The price would be the same as for a new Oktoberfest-Pinball.
What would be the advantages or disadvantages between these two devices?
Thank you very very much for your numerous answers.
Best wishes from Munich, the Hometown of Oktoberfest.
Michael

If it was me and I had the money for either, I would choose new. I don't see much of the allure with a prototype pin. If I had one of the prototypes I would be less likely to play it thinking it would have to be preserved or something. I'd much rather play it than admire it. Either way, Oktoberfest is a blast to play so get one.

2 weeks later
#2257 13 days ago

The last few weeks I have been having issues with my Oktoberfest with random balls kicking out of the trough and causing the computer to get confused. After checking every switch, connector, and every mechanical part in the machine it ended up being slightly magnetized balls. Ball Baron to the rescue!

#2260 13 days ago

I just found a bug that I have not experienced before but is easily repeatable. I was showing someone how to play the game and got to the Tap it! mode. As I was explaining how the mode worked, without hitting any buttons, the machine went into ball search and then spit out a ball as the video mode started. When the ball drained, the mode ended with a ball lost. This surprised me as I always in the past have hit both buttons to skip the lengthy explanation and go right into the mode. But as I didn't this time, it went into ball search and evidently ended with a lost ball. The game wouldn't even let me finish the video mode. The only setting related that I have changed from the very beginning is Selection Timeout set to medium. I did that when I first got the game to help me choose the mode I wanted as a beginner.

With more settings manipulation it seems to only do this when Selection Timeout is set to medium. When set to long or off it doesn't do this. I did not try it on fast but assume it is fine.

Would anyone like to verify this bug?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=Scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.