4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

(to follow, as more & more thinking to enter this club)

1 week later
#38 4 years ago

to new owners, if you're a quite good player (...) please we're waiting a video with the new code
tanx

1 month later
#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nah. Once in awhile when you make the left orbit -> upper ramp combo, Otto will say "The Picard Maneuver! Nicely done." We're just having a little fun.

these small easter eggs remind me DI, and of course its a good thing
thats also why i have OF on my wishlist

4 months later
#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That is not currently an option in the API system. Extra Balls get played right away, as has been done in pinball for decades.

seems so simple & logical as it...

Quoted from t500:

Sorry if this has been covered before but wondering if there is a way to change the behavior of the extra ball functionality. Instead of playing the extra ball right after a ball loss can it be changed to be awarded at the end of the game?

(having owned a DI home) i dont understand this !? can you explain your point if view ? tanx

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I personally like it, helps stop players getting bored and frees them up at the end of the game assuming they don't have extra balls racked up...

until you really have to leave, seems to me unpolite (doesnt know is this word exist, but you understand)
if you're playing with others guys, its logical to wait the end of the game... else play alone in your home
also dont forget the match sequence

4 months later
#442 3 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

I'm with ya! Visiting from the Houdini blog. I love that game so much I am now looking at Octoberfest. These bashers are idiots! What a great product AP is putting out. Octoberfest is my next pin, don't care what these dumb asses say about it! LOL

of course, its always interesting to read & check infos on internet... you can have a overall feeling of a situation...
but this is not what should decide you to get or not get a pin ! it can help in some case, but in the end you feel better than anyone else if you like it or not

OF is a very good pin for sure, you cant be wrong when going for it

2 months later
#453 3 years ago

and than, as said in the game (ring toss), can we have that "story" about the monkey... !? even in PM of course

tanx in advance

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

... and its silly how excited I am!!

Inga too...

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

Any owners with a solution to the nagging recurrence of the ball leaving the track just before entering the keg and getting wedged in a position that requires removing the glass to extract it from captivity? I tried widening the chute opening and that helped some but some balls are still getting caught.

never happend on mine...

is your pin level ? how is the slope ? the flipper power ? may be a prob with the track !?

1 week later
#488 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That is a flaw in the software imo. The average player will never see those modes. What a waste of a 6 ball troff.

i'm a good player

to be honest, i like flipping as a madman (as when having 6 balls on the PF), but with OF if you wanna play in control (and aim what need to be aimed), than 3 balls is just perfect and already hard enough to master

but OK, i see your point of view of course

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

CHANGE LOG
20.08.13 (TEST BUILD)
NEW -- Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation: if set to YES, the game will be more tolerant of erratic lock switches. Only enable if you know your lock switches are malfunctioning. ** NOTE ** changing this setting requires a game restart to take effect.
NEW -- Settings > Oktoberfest > Selection Timeout: now adjusts or disables the timer when selecting steins or tents.
NEW -- Settings > Pricing: added new pricing plans and support for Tokens.
NEW -- Settings > Replay: added Automatic Replay Percentaging.
NEW -- Attract: add score award (Replay, Extra Ball) info page to attract mode.
MODIFIED -- Beer Barrel Multiball: slightly increased scoring (again).
MODIFIED -- Boot: improved speed of powering up the game.
MODIFIED -- Calorie Coma: now shows total points earned when the mode concludes.
MODIFIED -- Coils: some defaults and ranges were adjusted; current settings will not be changed.
MODIFIED -- Coils: should be smarter about trying to free balls from devices when release doesn't immediately work; also don't retry forever so coils don't burn up.
MODIFIED -- Match: improved choreography.
MODIFIED -- Presets > Competition: now sets "Juggling Shots to Win" to 1, to discourage players from intentionally losing this tent. (Not that doing so was ever a good idea...)
MODIFIED -- Service Mode: minor improvements to UI.
MODIFIED -- Tap It: earning a replay or extra ball by score award during Tap It will skip the usual animation so the video mode isn't obscured.
MODIFIED -- Target Shooting: improved choreography.
FIXED -- Calorie Coma: scoring should now be working as intended.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: fixed a bug that could incorrectly award a player victory when their duck actually lost the race.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: losing the race should no longer cause loss of turn.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: don't allow the Derby to continue after a tilt.
FIXED -- Mystery: Points award now honors current Playfield X.
FIXED -- One Handed Play: no longer activates ball search if you hold balls on the left flipper for a long time.
FIXED -- Service Mode > Audits: now correctly tally Games Played - All Time.
FIXED -- Service Mode > Tests > Lamps: fixed a bug that could have broken normal game lighting after running Lamp Test.
FIXED -- Settings > Standard > Tilt Bob Settle Time / Tilt Warnings: now take effect immediately, instead of waiting for the next power cycle.
FIXED -- Stein and Tent Selection: cancel selection if the game is tilted while on the selection screen.

1 week later
#528 3 years ago

pity i can't show you this as surelly it will never happends again :

shoot the U TURN ramp
while ball goes up she jump out of the rail to perfectly finish on the CC ramp curve, and than rolling in the opposite logical way
of course not for long time due to the slope/physic
and than roll back the normal way to came by in the right inner lane

#538 3 years ago

its a know bug already

Quoted from PW79:

Anyone else have the lockdown bar wear the paint right off the side rails & go into the metal on day one?
My lockdown bar has a slight bend & burr digging into the rail. Totally minor but damn it bugs the shit out of me.

yes of course...
initially there were 2 small rubbers on each (in)side, but these are moving with time, and when there gone, than you have what you describe... doesnt bother me, even on a new pin, simply because this is normal (for me)

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I bought my Okto after being routed and I did notice some wear on the right side armor. It doesn't bother me that much because I bought it used and you can't really see it since it is mostly under the bar in my case. I made a few minor adjustments to the screws under the bar so that it won't move as freely as it once did. You can try adjusting those screws 1/8 or 1/4 turn at a time, make sure you can still lock the bar with the lever inside the cabinet. Limiting the amount the bar moves will reduce the wear on the side armor. Just remember to try and keep both screws even and to make small adjustments at a time. Small adjustments go a long way.

well, that means you never "moves/shock" the pin while playing ?
as no matter as the lockdow bar still move & how its thin, if you nudge, it will still move & scratch the siderails...
solution would be to put back that rubber (well its not rubber, dont know the word in english) there under, right to be above the siderails

1 week later
#550 3 years ago

well, just wait for the ball search, or a slap on the cab do the trick (on mine)... small nudges will give your points (TILT on mine) as anyway, the code knows the ball is there because than you have the "big sausage" sample

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You need a new membrane,get an extra also.

wait for now, there's a new software adjustement in last beta code for this
speaking for me, it's working 100% perfect since...

2 weeks later
#587 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Anyone have any updates on how the machine plays with the newest/ latest code? I am seriously considering one of these as a NIB purchase but I haven't been able to get on a machine since Chicago expo 2019? Not sure if anyone in Minnesota even has this table so wondering what everyone thinks of the code now that it is getting polished? Definitely a them I am interested in had plans to go to Germany this year for the Fest but that obviously got cancelled. Thanks for any help!

buy with confidence, its a very good pin in every aspects, even more if you're already interested in it

2 months later
#753 3 years ago

and dont worry about the code, its very good & clever from a tactical point of view

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi i would like to know if i won't make a mistake,i have a ghostbusters pro since 4 years and i will sell it to buy an okterberfest.
I would like to know if i won't regret that choice,thanks for your comments

go go go Laurent

as where is the dilema ? to sell the GB ? or to buy the OF ?
or even harder, to sell the GB to buy the OF !!!??? looooooooool

well, OF is a very good pin, no doubt about that, than if you wanna change to simply play something else, you will not be wrong

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#787 3 years ago

Ferret @chatplume51

if you remember, i sometimes also had these similar inserts probs light/colors, even not sure if lasts code updates finally resolve them (i forget oups) !?

(and before you may ask, OF from chatplume is not my old mine)

#801 3 years ago
Quoted from Jayzerblade:

I just reseated all those connections and it’s fixed. You guys are the best!!! Can’t wait to see what the next game will be.

well, had these similar probs on some occasion, and never think about that solution :/
almost now i know... (but OF is gone)

3 weeks later
#834 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

you guys at American Pinball have Great customer help!!!

did you say GREAT !?

#836 3 years ago

you missundertood me as of course they are !!!

2 months later
#932 2 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi today i went to SOBER mod but i didn't pay attention to what i have done for that !!!
It was a really good joke and great idea

nothing special, as than it was available on the outlane
and yes, nice "mode"

3 weeks later
#969 2 years ago

but as its linked on how you've played them, if you want big points, you know what you have to do...

1c2943c5f8fe4899f611f9ec78dd6b2964358cd8 (resized).jpg1c2943c5f8fe4899f611f9ec78dd6b2964358cd8 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#993 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is the knocker supposed to work in ducks mode? Thought I read that somewhere.

and this is GREAT for sure

1 week later
#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

WIN several tents on the same ball. Tent Win Bonus can become incredibly valuable

shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ! dont tell big points secret to evbd...

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

...We got a Hot Wheels at our league location...

this one still on my wishlist... soon or later...

1 month later
#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Baywatch is one of the few pins I regret selling

was it immamaculate ?

4 months later
#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

One of my favorite video modes of any pinball machine Tap It, I somehow achieved an extra ball while the mode was playing, obscuring the mode and causing me to mess up and end the mode. It would be nice to be able to finish the mode and then be awarded an extra ball.

this was reported long ago while i was betatesting... and quite sure it was corrected (but can't verify as no more OF home)
i suppose you are running last(s) code(s) ?

edit : and now i have a doubt it was in Houdini "cards game" !?

let's wait for Joe

4 months later
#1213 1 year ago

i'm not sure why, but i feel some bad karma falling on you in 3... 2... 1...

joking of course, meanwhile you're more than harsh about AP (not) following their games on the code side, as for 99.99% of us we know for sure they are doing a very great job !

but ok, evbd with his own feeling of course

3 weeks later
#1244 1 year ago

well guys, quite stunning to see/read some of you being so negative with @Ferret...

meanwhile he doesnt need me to reply (he made a statement just above), but just because i was beta tester for him on OF (and Houdini), i can say that the guy is more than serious, listening about feedbacks & probs, open to new ideas, and thinking pinball 24h/day & 7days/week !!!
in fact, pity that some others coders (in all the pinball world) are simply not like him...

have a nice day Joe
Michel

1 month later
#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveATX:

... I rack up a ton of points...

but than how much ? (lol)

1 week later
#1334 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveATX:

Sounds fair!
And we just got Flippermister! So excited. Got it on the last ball with the two of us playing four players and we absolutely lost it when Otto exclaimed, “Holy S*it!” Absolutely love this game and all the levels to it![quoted image]

and now, back to the wizard mode, but in a 1 player game

3 months later
#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

As Otto likes to say, "Holy shit!"

not bad

1 month later
#1577 1 year ago

rail too thin there ?
if yes, easy to correct, "open" it (softly)

#1579 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Too thin or too wide? Can't tell if it got stuck on the upper guide or if it sunk into the track too much???

yes, that's why i erase my post (too late lol)...

as there, the single (and alone) upper rail cant be the problem ! but than mainly the 2 base rails > too wide & slowing the ball...

1 month later
#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There are soooo many ways to get big scores on this game. Probably the single best path is to blow up several tent modes in a single ball, and crank up the bonus X -- Tent Win Bonus can be huge. But to get the biggest tent mode scores, you want lots of ducks, so maybe grab a couple Abby Nirmal steins... or you can load up on the steins that boost the tent modes you play... or should you load up on Reclab steins to advance Bonus X faster? Or, yes, load up on calories to boost the multiballs... with a Frosty Ferret or a Freakshow Rooster?
I'm still amazed that after coding the game and playing it for years, I still don't have an obvious "best" approach to the game. Perhaps for some people, it's a little too much strategizing and not as much carefree shooting, but IMHO it keeps it fresh forever.

sooooooooooooooo much possibilities to play this game
but of course you know it already (lol)

10 months later
#2134 81 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Austin's not just my neighbor, he's a friend, fellow league/tournament competitor (who beats me up more often than not, unfortunately ), and all around good guy. Check out his other videos too, he has some great stuff.

I haven't forgotten! We'll get there... hopefull

Great info!
... that use of the well walker too!

its not ! thats Otto sick, having drank too much beers... !!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=RipleYYY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.