IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pyromedic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#388 4 years ago

I have joined the club!
Ich liebe ein Oktoberfest!
I haven’t had a pin this fun (my opinion) since Funhouse and Scared Stiff. Keeps me coming back for more
Here is my first little mod/add on.

3474B9C2-E8E0-4D30-8F0B-AE0B2264CAA3 (resized).jpeg3474B9C2-E8E0-4D30-8F0B-AE0B2264CAA3 (resized).jpeg5A713DDC-2AF2-4371-8076-2AD2A586F867 (resized).jpeg5A713DDC-2AF2-4371-8076-2AD2A586F867 (resized).jpegA585DA35-945E-4C1A-A4DE-29EAE9B6E232 (resized).jpegA585DA35-945E-4C1A-A4DE-29EAE9B6E232 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#408 4 years ago

Willkommen am Schnellimbiss.
Welcome to the food stand.

Little add on I did.
Prost!

04A9D481-329C-4807-AD41-55B691A8F600 (resized).jpeg04A9D481-329C-4807-AD41-55B691A8F600 (resized).jpeg96AF6C70-90C7-472A-B49C-050AD9899066 (resized).jpeg96AF6C70-90C7-472A-B49C-050AD9899066 (resized).jpeg
#409 4 years ago

I had a custom shooter rod done as well, came today. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result!
Special thanks to Super Skill Shot shooters @ https://superskillshot.com/
Was a great job, quick turn around and exactly as I had hoped!

1D4F7CBA-B1CC-47A6-90BA-EDE260BF3427 (resized).jpeg1D4F7CBA-B1CC-47A6-90BA-EDE260BF3427 (resized).jpeg50509D82-CCB4-41B7-84E7-2C495814435C (resized).jpeg50509D82-CCB4-41B7-84E7-2C495814435C (resized).jpeg8499B4F9-C4CB-438A-B7C7-2B333B521EF3 (resized).jpeg8499B4F9-C4CB-438A-B7C7-2B333B521EF3 (resized).jpegC6F2DF80-C0C6-427A-82FD-79DDA85F3D73 (resized).jpegC6F2DF80-C0C6-427A-82FD-79DDA85F3D73 (resized).jpeg93DC2E91-82F6-4522-9916-D813A5B91939 (resized).jpeg93DC2E91-82F6-4522-9916-D813A5B91939 (resized).jpegC21AAB55-CAE4-4ADE-AFF7-3D0EED42B7B5 (resized).jpegC21AAB55-CAE4-4ADE-AFF7-3D0EED42B7B5 (resized).jpeg
#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Hello. I’m really thinking hard about getting this game. Let me know some of your thoughts on how the game has progressed. I’ve played it very little about 6 months ago. I almost pulled the trigger on it then. Just would like some input on how it compares to other games.

The new code is way better, the coil stop fix helped a lot. If you "almost" pulled the trigger then, I'm sure you would now. I was so excited to play it at last years SFGE. I had never played an American Pinball before, and it didn't disappoint. Was (admittedly) worried about an upstart company. I LOVE the theme personally, but the depth and game play is what got me hooked. very deep, so much to do and keep you coming back again, and again. After meeting Josh at SFGE, sitting through his panel, and personal discussion, the amount of love that went into the game is evident and astounding. Game is so well made and polished (physically). flipper caps, outer apron art, side blade art, and all the playfield features. the video graphics are way better now.
This was my 1st NIB, and was absolute great choice. Have to go now, Inga is calling out to me, shes ready to bump.

#413 4 years ago

Saw this over on another thread, thought I would share it here since Oktoberfest! comes with side art blades. Just odered a set, as I have a couple games with art.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#419 4 years ago

t.

Quoted from calprog:

Super Skill Shot shooters are on most of my 45 games. They are amazing!! The best customer service in the business!!!! I even by a variety for each machine and change them out every so often to mix it up. Give them a try!!

I was very satisfied, and will absolutely be adding them to more of my games. I really LOVE the fact that I can get custom work, and have something different than whats produced after market.

2 weeks later
#429 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Speaking of Facebook on the Pinball enthusiast group a guy recently asked what the general consensus of Oktoberfest is? Is it worth buying? Well, people are bashing the game as usual. I think I’m the only one on there with positive comments, game is great!

I think Oktoberfest is a well thought out, beautiful game. There is so much in it not only from a gameplay standpoint, but from a physical aspect as well. Art blades, real back glass, even the inner apron is adorned with art. Add to that its a non-licensed game and not another "remake theme" ie Black Knight, Elvira, etc. (NOT saying there is anything wrong with them) you have a FUN game that keeps you coming back to try so many different things. Beer Barrel multiball is now easily in the top 5 coolest multiballs ever, and the corksrew ramp is so satisfying.
Oktoberfest isnt for everyone, but then again no game is. some cant see past "beer" and its so much more, and if you have been to a real Oktoberfest you could see that.
1st game I've liked enough to go NIB (other than a Metallica) and only one to pull the trigger on.
Ich Liebe Ein Oktoberfest.

#430 3 years ago

delete wrong spot

#431 3 years ago

Was playing a game last night, and could have sworn I heard "The Picard Maneuver, well done!"
Almost thought i was hearing things, until I looked it up here lol.
Live Long and Play Pinball!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#443 3 years ago

Added the Oktoberfest coin door reject button beer glass to mine. Love the look!
Thanks to #Filament printing. Well made, and a perfect fit. Prost!

A654468C-A04E-46DC-B464-D744FBBB5248 (resized).jpegA654468C-A04E-46DC-B464-D744FBBB5248 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#462 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I have been to 11 of the Munich Oktoberfests while stationed in Europe...each year they put out a unique Mug..."Jahreskruge" to commemorate the event...would have been cool to have those as Otto's mode Steins (I am sure licensing would have been an issue).
[quoted image]

Same!
Bad Hersfeld 11th ACR. Best years ever.
Feel so lucky to be there on 9 Nov 89.

2 weeks later
#519 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm in the club boys!
[quoted image]

Nice!
Looks like a see a Foosball too

2 weeks later
#554 3 years ago
Quoted from dmann33:

Oktoberfest seasonal ownership surge?
Like 2 days ago, I became the 76th pinside registered owner. Now, the count is up to 89. That's a spike of almost 20% in the past week. Oktoberfest was to start in next week maybe that's the reason?

The more people are getting a chance to actually play, more and more are seeing how Wunderbar! OF! is and wanting one.
Secrets out, especially now with Hot wheels. AP games are awesome.

2 weeks later
#585 3 years ago

Sweet! totally going to get one

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Saw a great accompaniment to an Oktoberfest game at Costco today - just don't wait for Xmas!

Anybody add lighting to your topper?
Would love to see how it looks, what route you took.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Anyone have any updates on how the machine plays with the newest/ latest code? I am seriously considering one of these as a NIB purchase but I haven't been able to get on a machine since Chicago expo 2019? Not sure if anyone in Minnesota even has this table so wondering what everyone thinks of the code now that it is getting polished? Definitely a them I am interested in had plans to go to Germany this year for the Fest but that obviously got cancelled. Thanks for any help!

New code is great, gives it a really polished feel now.
You wont regret it, SO much packed in this game, so many ways to play.
Great support too.

1 week later
#620 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I heard something pretty cool last night while playing...I made a left orbit shot and used the upper flipper to send the ball into the beer barrel...to which I heard Otto say something to the effect "WOW, the Picard Maneuver, congratulations"...that may not be exact but hearing Otto call out the Picard Maneuver made me laugh and I thought was a great play by API. In fact, when I rated Oktoberfest in the "Top 100" I actually likened the Beer Barrel ramp shot to STTNG...ironic. I am sure many of you were already aware of this callout but it was a first for me...I am still discovering many cool things with this machine.

I have had mine almost 8 months and still catch something new I haven't heard or caught. 1st time I heard Otto refer to the Picard maneuver I was so surprised a lost my ball LOL. Loved what API did paying homage to what came before.

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Keep an eye out for this rubber breaking. I took it all apart today and replaced it with 3 rubbers to beef it up. I’m not going to lie it was buried but took my time and was like a 1hr job.
[quoted image]

What size are they? going to preemptively order some. Good catch!

2 weeks later
#674 3 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

With the current code, and all of the games currently available, (or back ordered) would you guys still buy Oktoberfest right now? I have no place to play it, and haven't seen any videos with the current game code, but I love the theme and I don't want to spend much more than 7k on a pin. Also I have had 2 bad experiences with poor playfield quality from other manufacturers, and so far I have not seen many issues with American Pinball.

Totally. OF is a great game, from a great company with good people and service. Playfield is built rock solid!
New code doesn't really change any major gameplay, gives a mpre polished look and fixes some small bugs. Mine has had zero issues. Absolute permanent keeper

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I always buy from Classic Game Rooms in Covington GA, but I am close enough that I pick up to save shipping.

I buy from them too. Good people

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Thanks
Looking like I will pull the trigger
Anything Else I need to ask the dealer about?
Are there any musts for ocktoberfest?

Knocker! Makes a big difference in some tent modes. The Duck is AWESOME with it!

#688 3 years ago

Ok, its all about the little things, and this one thing I think OF! had to have.
Waited two months for this little guy to come from overseas lol. But now he looks down on my playfield just like he looks down on the Wiesn in Munich.

For anyone who has been, you are probably familiar with the story, but for the uninitiated here is the story of the Angel from Munich, the coolest Angel ever.
PROST!

----------------------------------------------------------An Angel from Munich------------------------------------------------

Alois Hingerl, porter No. 172 at Munich Central Station worked so energetically one day, that he just dropped dead.
Two little angels carried him to heaven with some difficulty where Saint Peter welcomed him and told him, that from now on his name would be Angel Aloisius.

He presented him with a harp and informed him of the heavenly house rules:
"… from eight in the morning until twelve noon, " he said, "you will jubilate, and from twelve noon until eight in the evening you will sing 'Hosannah'!"

"Wos is?" asked Aloisius.
"… from eight in the morning until twelve noon: jubilating. And from twelve noon until eight in the evening: singing 'Hosannah'!"
"So - hmhm - ja, and when do I get something z'trinka (drink) ?
"You will get your Manna in due time" said Saint Peter slightly annoyed, and left him.
"Auweh!" grumbled Angel Aloisius, ''that is going to be schö fad ! I should jubilate from eight to twelve… and I thought there was no work in heaven."
But he finally sat down on a cloud and began to sing as he was told, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!"
A very high-spirited intellectual angel come gliding by.
"Hey! You!" called Aloisius, ''how about some Schmaizla, a Pris? Geh weida let's have some!"
But the intellectual angel was revolted by this vulgar idea. He just whispered "Hosannah" and departed.
Aloisius became furious: ''Ja - what kind of a damischer Depp is this?" he shouted, "if you don't have any Schmaizla you just don't, right ? A man can expect a decent answer, can't he ? You gscherte Ruab'n, you ! Mai Liaba, what people they have up here ! A - A - what did I get into !"
And once more he sat down on his cloud and continued to jubilate - but his anger showed in his singing and he was shouting so loudly, that the Heavenly Father next door awoke from his afternoon nap and asked with astonishment: "From whence cometh this noise ?"
At once He sent for Saint Peter, who came running, and together they heard the scandalous jubilating of Angel Aloisius: ''Hallelujah - - - Sacklzementhallelujah ! Hallelujah !"

Saint Peter hurried away and dragged Aloisius before the Lord.
The Father looked at him a long time and then He spoke: "Oh, I see - - - an Angel from Munich ! That's what I thought ! Now tell me - - - what is all this shouting about ?"
That was exactly what Aloisius had been waiting for. He was so furious, that he started right out:

"I don't like all these things !"
"I don't like to have wings !!"
"I don't like to sing Hosannah !!"
"I don't like to drink Manna, instead of beer !"
"And let me make clear: I do not like to sing !!!"

"Saint Peter", said the Lord, "this will never do ! But I have an idea: We shall employ him as messenger conveying Our heavenly advice to the Bavarian Government. So he can fly to Munich once or twice a week - and his good soul will 'Rest in Peace'!"
When Aloisius heard this, he felt very happy indeed ! Soon he got his first delivery job - a letter - and flew down to earth.

And once again he felt the soil of Munich under his feet, it seemed to him, that now he was really in heaven.
And following his old habits, he immediately went to the Hofbräuhaus and found his accustomed place empty and waiting for him.
And good old Kathi, the waitress, was still there and he ordered a Maß (Liter) of beer. And he forgot his letter and his job and ordered another Maß, and another, and still another one . . .
. . . and he just sat and is still sitting there today.

IMG_1907 (resized).jpgIMG_1907 (resized).jpgIMG_1908 (resized).jpgIMG_1908 (resized).jpghofbraeu_architektur_sebastian_lehner-09603 (resized).jpghofbraeu_architektur_sebastian_lehner-09603 (resized).jpg

#693 3 years ago

So, I got these three guys too. In the spirit of Gemutlichkeit, If anyone would like one for their OF!, post a pic of your game, and PM address, and I will ship you one for free. only have the three, and 1st dibs gets to pic which one.
Prost!

Quoted from robey99:

Cool. Where did you get it?

From Ebay.de

IMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpg

#695 3 years ago

Middle one goes to Hop-Pac!

#698 3 years ago

first one goes to Viggin900!
1 left!

1 week later
#713 3 years ago

Got 1 left on the right if anyone wants it.
Will be mailing out this weekend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/14#post-5934558

dc265d3c4dda98ddce596d7b522ad6519d99e9b2 (resized).jpgdc265d3c4dda98ddce596d7b522ad6519d99e9b2 (resized).jpg
#716 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Looks like Otto could use a "trim", looks really cool though. Pity API put the "feather/Gamsbart" on the wrong side of the hat...they are traditionally on the Left side...or occasionally on the back.

Yea, I wondered if that was because of Otto's position on the play-field to make it more visually appealing.

#723 3 years ago

Discovered this German TV series on Netflix the other day. And here I thought Oktoberfest was a happy festival!

[quoted image]

Very "loosely" based on a few true events, but I am enjoying it. The UK English dub makes it sound like a poor mans Peaky Blinders though. Switch it to German with English subtitles and its WAY better.
Prost!

blood and beer (resized).jpgblood and beer (resized).jpg Added over 3 years ago:

Here is the historical scoop
https://oktoberfest-guide.com/magazine/oktoberfest-beer-blood-how-historically-accurate-is-it/

2 weeks later
#731 3 years ago
A9F5F1E4-FEE7-4A25-A4E9-3F25D273237D (resized).jpegA9F5F1E4-FEE7-4A25-A4E9-3F25D273237D (resized).jpeg
#735 3 years ago

Slightly off topic, but came across this today, thought a some of you might be interested.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/775257075/oktoberfest-personalized-christmas

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#737 3 years ago

Hop-Pac Aloisius looks great there!

After doing some work on my Dad's Cyclone, was thinking about the flags on his playfield, and decided to add just a couple to OF!IMG_2571 (resized).jpgIMG_2571 (resized).jpg
Loved my VW bus I had added earlier, but found this one a little larger and swapped out. I think its a better fit.IMG_2573 (resized).jpgIMG_2573 (resized).jpg IMG_2574 (resized).jpgIMG_2574 (resized).jpg
And finally, Oktoberfest may be over, but I picked up the perfect Christmas add on for it.

IMG_2566 (resized).jpgIMG_2566 (resized).jpg
#740 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Ordered mine today
Apparently a new build from this week shipping from AP
My first pin
Woo hoo

Congrats!
Prost!

Quoted from PeteUK:

As a noob I may have lots of questions moving forward

Ask away! Everyone here is great and willing to help.
AP has a good presence here and they really help their customers!

1 week later
#754 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I'm thinking of joining the club but only played the game when it first came out - literally the first week/first code. Has it improved with code updates? Did the graphics/callouts/modes change at all? It was decent when I put some time on it, but I'm hoping to hear that it got much better.

Quoted from Ferret:

The on-screen visuals, callouts, and music of the game are vastly different from when it was first revealed. I think most people find them much better now.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

and dont worry about the code, its very good & clever from a tactical point of view

What they both said. Great fun game with awesome fun call outs.

#755 3 years ago

Latest add is to the beer barrel: The Schützenliesl!
Bavaria’s first pin-up girl, nicknamed “the beauty of Munich,” a waitress discovered by painter Friedrich August Kaulbach, who painted her on top of a barrel holding eleven mugs of beer, while instead of wearing a cap on her head, has a target instead. That’s because after doing a sketch of Möritz in 1878, when she was 18, he painted a large banner, roughly 9 x 16 feet, which hung outside a beer tent for a national shooting competition in July of 1881, in the same spot in Munich where Oktoberfest is held. The painting was called “Die Schützenliesl,” (which means “the shooting Liesl,” which was a popular German name derived from Elizabeth, or sometimes “the Marksmen’s Lisa”) and was an immediate hit. For the rest of her life — she lived to be 93 — Coletta was known as die Schützenliesl, and was also painted by other well-known artists while continuing to work as a waitress. Here in the states, you may recognize her from the Blatz beer advertising. Her origin was shown in the Netflix show "Oktoberfest Beer and Blood" in one of the episodes.

PROST!

IMG_2872 (resized).jpgIMG_2872 (resized).jpgIMG_2873 (resized).jpgIMG_2873 (resized).jpg
#759 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Help a newbie
Ok all
Set up the new pinball
Turned on and it lights up and beeps but then nothing
Any thoughts ideas
Thanks

Did you try and do any code update? this can happen of memory stick isn't properly formatted or there is a incomplete download

#768 3 years ago

Wish I would have found this sooner, ordered one anyway.
Merry Christmas!

83BD57E3-AE5D-491A-BB05-334751BDE622 (resized).jpeg83BD57E3-AE5D-491A-BB05-334751BDE622 (resized).jpeg
#769 3 years ago

Merry Christmas!

crazy-tiroler-oktoberfest-woman-creation-very-beautiful-who-sitting-cow-serving-beer-background-34298892 (resized).jpgcrazy-tiroler-oktoberfest-woman-creation-very-beautiful-who-sitting-cow-serving-beer-background-34298892 (resized).jpg
#770 3 years ago

Happy New Year!
Alles Gute zum neuen Jahr!

1280px-Oktoberfest_VGBelgrano (resized).jpg1280px-Oktoberfest_VGBelgrano (resized).jpg
2 months later
#856 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Hey everyone. I am looking at buying this pin, but have a question. I know you can modify the call outs and stuff like that, but in regards to the artwork and video would you consider this a family friendly game? I have kids between 9 and 11.

My 6 y/o loves it. very kid friendly. call outs are subtle.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Interesting idea...perhaps google images of the actual Oktoberfest in Munchen and get some ideas from the "Wies'n"...there is a ton of stuff that can be incorporated into this game...maybe event he actual marquee from the Looping coaster they have, or the Paulaner tower...more...

jrw3vpw8yimvjqjnqwkr (resized).jpgjrw3vpw8yimvjqjnqwkr (resized).jpglooping coaster (resized).jpglooping coaster (resized).jpglooping coaster 2 (resized).jpglooping coaster 2 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The ball flying off the ramp only seems to happen when I hit a Picard maneuver or similar speed. Off the magnet or out of the pops would hardly ever cause it to jump out, at least on my machine.

only happened a few times, bt now that you say it that seems consistent when it does happen with mine. Maybe Q is causing it after getting drunk at Oktoberfest!

2 weeks later
#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Has anyone lit up the stock topper? If so, any details. Thanks.

Brenna was working on a kit, waiting on update....

1 month later
#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Does anyone have the direct download link to update the game code for Oktoberfest? I am too impatient to wait for the website to be back up.

I tried before posting, but it didn't work either.
I have the updates on flashdrive, I can try and email them maybe when i get home.

4 months later
#1188 2 years ago

Update from American Pinball; More Oktoberfest coming in May, Barry Ourslers last game to be made, and team play update sounds very close!
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/american-pinball-announces-artist-for-next-game-production-schedule-more?fbclid=IwAR3U8m9wwtw9_r3GWeTUJ1q5HU8oLHxFxgqTrKEBEZILI8c3IMxbwRrQHxg[quoted

1 month later
#1199 1 year ago

Special thanks to Huskerfan for printing these up. Pics do not do them justice. Used oil piant for the black, gave me the smooth metal band look I wanted. Takes forever to dry/cure. Absolutely love the way it looks. Prost!

IMG_0885 (resized).jpgIMG_0885 (resized).jpgIMG_0886 (resized).jpgIMG_0886 (resized).jpgIMG_0945 (resized).jpgIMG_0945 (resized).jpgIMG_0946 (resized).jpgIMG_0946 (resized).jpgIMG_0947 (resized).jpgIMG_0947 (resized).jpgIMG_0949 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_0949 - Copy (resized).jpg
#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Nice! So because I've been reading through the two main Oktoberfest threads and see all the noise about it, what is it that you've photographed the mugs on that has the preview/demo backglass artwork?

I had a custom 1 off floor mat made with it to put in front of it.

2 weeks later
#1207 1 year ago

Saw this posted on the Godzilla mod thread, Would also look good on Oktoberfest! "Hops" shooter
Prost!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/33#post-6938766

green-hops (resized).jpggreen-hops (resized).jpghops shooter (resized).jpghops shooter (resized).jpg
#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I'm lost as to why that would look like it belongs on Godzilla. Is that supposed to be an egg or something?

From the post: "Since there's talk about shooter rods and I am not a fan of Stern's Mother egg I may as well share a sneak peek about a new Godzilla egg shooter mod I'm working on."

1 week later
#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Hi! Thanks for dropping by. I have a deluxe on order with Game Room Guys. I heard mention from interviews with AP that some elements of Oktoberfest could be changed for the next production run. Is this true and are they to address the membrane switches or is there any more light you could shine on what changes are in store? Thank you.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/changes-are-coming-to-american-pinball-deluxe-edition-machines?fbclid=IwAR1AgIFSodfpqLUS98jTtZGFAnVP4lI7K3g_JVH7lnxrHX3261UnwkwtQkY

it looks like any changes would be after this run. It also kinda sounds like it could possibly be the last run for the 1st three titles..??

"American will do one last run of the current Deluxe Editions of these games on the following schedule:

Oktoberfest - Late April / May, Classic $7,795 / Deluxe $8,295

Houdini - Late Summer, Classic $7,295 / Deluxe $7,995

Hot Wheels - Late Fall, Classic $6,995 / Deluxe $7,395"

Once those machines are produced, future Deluxe models of these titles will have the following changes to simplify manufacturing and minimize delays:

- Leg & lollypop side rail powder coating will all be black, instead of game-specific colors.

- Consistent cabinet styling for all game styles rather then the multiple different cabinets.

- Static playfield toys will be modified? Molded plastic toys will change.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I hope some of the titles are retired when the new games become available. One of the problems as any AP owner will agree with, is selling your game is very difficult when buyers can just order a new one for not much more. They never become as collectible or valuable as Sterns do.

Being a smaller "boutique" producer right now, and being their 1st few releases I would bet once they are out of production, prices will significantly jump. With the quality of their builds and unique themes, a would not be surprised for them to exceed expectations compared to others.

1 week later
#1225 1 year ago

Anyone add the convolux protectors to Oktoberfest? (particularly blue or red) thoughts and opinions? likes/dislikes?
any pics?
ref. photos from pinball-freddy shop page in yellow and green.

img_121450b_xl (resized).jpgimg_121450b_xl (resized).jpgimg_122350b_xl (resized).jpgimg_122350b_xl (resized).jpg
#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

Can anyone help me with where to hook in Pin Stadium lights in Oktoberfest? I can't make out witch connection they want the flasher hooked to.

Let us know how it goes and how good/bad you like them!

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

So this upcoming October will be 2 years since this game has received an actual real code update. Is this ever going to happen? Or can we consider this game done, as is?
I've had my Oktoberfest for 3 years now, and the one thing I would love to see added to it, is a selectable feature that allows you to let the game randomly choose the mode for you. I know this almost defeats the point of the steins, as the game may not select the mode that you have already chosen steins for. However, after all these years I just find myself choosing the same path when it comes to steins and modes, as it significantly gets me higher points than anything else. It would be fun to play some games where it randomly selects it and forces us to play it in a path that we ultimately wouldn't choose, or think of choosing. I guess this is just wishful thinking as there hasn't been an update yet for bugs in the game.
It's sad to say that if this is the end all be all with the code for this game, then I'll have to move on from it. But here's to hoping there's something that will come out soon. Ferret , you still out there and reading this thread?

They were working on an update that included team play. Curious as to delay, perhaps the recent turnover??
Josh being gone I believe will def. be felt in regards to Oktoberfest. Delays on production seem to being plaguing all of them though sadly still.

#1243 1 year ago

Drinking a bier, playing a little Oktoberfest........ Glad there is less drama here, since I'm not "classically trained."
prost!

toystory_pricklepants_04_bb8f7263 (resized).jpegtoystory_pricklepants_04_bb8f7263 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Anyone add the convolux protectors to Oktoberfest? (particularly blue or red) thoughts and opinions? likes/dislikes?
any pics?
ref. photos from pinball-freddy shop page in yellow and green.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found a pic in the red..... think I like that one.

1B93F56C-11B1-494E-BECB-9D48731B93DD (resized).jpeg1B93F56C-11B1-494E-BECB-9D48731B93DD (resized).jpeg
#1257 1 year ago

In the manual it says rename as custom_message.png.
Just rename as custom_message as it’s already a png, or it won’t take.
Here’s the one I made following the you tube link directions for mine.

8EAD3151-3564-4946-84DE-F483DBB8A899 (resized).jpeg8EAD3151-3564-4946-84DE-F483DBB8A899 (resized).jpeg
#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That actually varies a bit depending on whether you’re on Windows or Mac, and if you have Finder or Explorer configured to show or hide file extensions. Can get a bit confusing. But ultimately the file that goes on the USB stick must be named custom_message.png — not custom_message, not custom_message.png.png.

Right! Trying not to confuse anyone confused about what can be A confusing direction!
it took me at least four tries before the light bulb went off for naming the file after staying to literal to the directions and not just thinking about it!
(Beer may or may not have been involved)

1 week later
#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/strong-demand-leads-american-pinball-to-build-legends-of-valhalla-classic
No it's this run that will be the final original run, after this run of Octoberfest Houdini and Hot Wheels, they will all have the same standard trim and legs, and the same uniform cabinet which means this is the last time you will see the wider head on Oktoberfest, as well as their unique powder coating colors, so they can save some money and get the machines out faster.

So as Oktoberfest perhaps nears the end of production, even though the originals will have the wider head and more unique powder coating, the last runs will perhaps actually end up a little rarer by the numbers?

#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Anyone know the latest on production? Thought they were supposed to come off the line a few months ago.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/strong-demand-leads-american-pinball-to-build-legends-of-valhalla-classic
No it's this run that will be the final original run, after this run of Octoberfest Houdini and Hot Wheels, they will all have the same standard trim and legs, and the same uniform cabinet which means this is the last time you will see the wider head on Oktoberfest, as well as their unique powder coating colors, so they can save some money and get the machines out faster.
LOV has double the orders for the classic edition? So you're telling me it's already sold 1500 machines?
No wonder they're building a 3rd and 4th line, this is amazing news for American pinball, I'm glad LOV has

1 week later
#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

::nervously eyeing the lederhosen-clad approaching villagers::
Hey, folks! Set aside the torches and pitchforks, and pick up your steins! The next Oktoberfest beta test is just about here.
If you'd like to participate in the beta, please send your email address to ferret <at> americanpinball.com. If you join the beta, we would appreciate it if you would send detailed reports of any problems you encounter.

oktoberfest rifle (resized).jpgoktoberfest rifle (resized).jpg
#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So is anyone running the Beta test code yet? My machine isn't playable currently due to a room renovation.

Installing in the morning.

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Ferret Should I buy a used Oktoberfest for $7,200 or wait for the new title from AP? I own a HW and have a Cactus Canyon on order.

Don't know what the new title is, but Oktoberfest is great!

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Are these being sold again by distributors/in stock?

I "Think" Jason @ ClassicgameRooms.com might have one.

1 week later
#1341 1 year ago

Ducks! Such a huge part of Oktoberfest! I have a few and rotate them in front of the beer barrel.
Just picked up a new one in honor of my favorite Easter egg/ call out.
“The Picard maneuver! nicely done”
Let’s see your ducks!

1B4379BA-FD6E-4EAF-9418-8A4B5297E2F0 (resized).jpeg1B4379BA-FD6E-4EAF-9418-8A4B5297E2F0 (resized).jpeg

9305D1BF-CA3D-4D5C-889C-134BCEF8B2FF (resized).jpeg9305D1BF-CA3D-4D5C-889C-134BCEF8B2FF (resized).jpeg
#1356 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Could any of you OKT owners tell me if this game has any combo shots? I’ve only played it once on location and have watched some play through videos but can’t recall if any jackpots or modes etc require a combination or if most tents are single targets items. Looper, corkscrew, duck hunt, etc. Thanks!

It has the "Picard Maneuver" for one. with a great call out.

Combos

Left orbit -> Beer Barrel ramp: Worth increasing points and spots a PROST letter.

Left orbit -> High Striker: Awards a MagNab regardless if it is lit at the High Striker or not, as well a small increasing point award.

Left orbit -> Bar door: Awards increasing points and immediately opens the bar.
Also tent modes reward repeat combo shots based on the tent.
Skill Shots

There are four skill shots in Oktoberfest:

Bar: The Bar door will open and close; time your plunge to send the ball inside. Scores 10K and awards a beer stein.

Tent Scoop: Scores 20K and automatically starts a Tent Mode.

? Target: Scores 75K and advances OKTOBERFEST target completion.

Left inlane: Scores 20K and lights a one-shot Super Skill Shot at the right ramp to score.

Beer Steins

“Choose a stein! Lots of choices - each one has its own benefits!” ~ Otto

In single-ball play, shooting the Bar hole (either as a skill shot or after hitting the Bar doors enough times) lets you select a beer stein with the flippers.

Each stein does two things:

Makes a game feature easier to obtain or more valuable.

Increases a particular Tent Mode’s score multiplier by 1X.

Steins carry over from ball to ball. Also, you can collect the same stein multiple times; each time, the stein’s “power” is improved, and the score multiplier of its respective Tent Mode increases by another 1X. You can collect the same stein up to 3 times.

List of Steins (from top to bottom, left to right):

Mender Stout (Increases Playfield X Time & Rotor Boost)
Reclab Redrum Stout (Gives More Bonus X & Stein Race Boost)
FreakShow Rooster (Higher Corkscrew Multiball Jackpots & Target Shooting Boost)
Frosty Ferret (Higher Beer Barrel Multiball Jackpots & Duck Hunt Boost)
Ish Pale Ale (Easier to Collect Steins & Sky Slide Boost)
Sloshed Rosh Lager (Easier to Collect OKTOBERFEST Letters & Looper Boost)
Kernenmeister (Easier to Light Outlane Ball Saves & Rockin’ Xpress Boost)
Castrated Monkey (Gives More Tilt Warnings & Ring Toss Boost)
Engler Pale Ale (Gives More Time in Tents & Chugging Boost)
Not’n Roht’n (Easier to Collect Tent Letters & Juggling Boost)
Buschbrau (Gives More MagNabs & Füd Frenzy Boost)
Collecting all Steins starts Stein Slinging wizard mode!

Tent Modes

Complete “TENT” via the inlanes/outlanes to light a Tent Mode at the scoop. Scroll through the 13 modes available with the flippers; select one by hitting both.

With the exception of Juggling, which is a multiball, all Tent Modes run on a 46-second timer [?]. Each mode has a specific goal–usually making enough lit shots.

Completing a mode yields “confetti” effects on the display. However, you can keep making shots until the time expires. Otherwise, you can replay failed modes by spelling “TENT” and shooting the scoop again.

Every Tent Mode is associated with a beer stein. If you play a mode with its associated stein, all scoring is doubled. Furthermore, a stein can be collected up to two more times, which triple and finally quadruple mode scoring.

Ring Toss: Hit the OKTOBER and FEST banks to score points. The target banks alternate with each hit; you can’t shoot the same target bank twice. The “OKTOBERFEST” letters will light up to indicate your progress towards winning the mode at 11 shots.

Stein Race: The game switches to one handed play; you can only use the right two flipper buttons. Make lit shots to score. Shots you’ve already made turn red; shooting them spills your beer and lowers the point value. Complete all three legs of the race with three well-made shots to finish the mode.

Chugging: Make sequences of lit shots to beat your opponents. A two-shot sequence beats Inga, a three shot sequence beats Otto, and a more difficult sequence in the re-match (need more specifics?). Beating Otto wins the mode.

Looper: Keep shooting the left ramp over and over. 5 shots to complete. If hit without missing, value is much larger.

Juggler: A two-ball multiball. Completing sequences of lit shots adds up to two more balls into play. Completes after 4 shots (?)

Target Shooting: The PROST targets begin roving; hitting any lit target scores points. Make three lit target shots to win the mode.

Duck Hunt: Score points by hitting the four duck targets around the playfield and the center kicker. You can’t hit the same duck twice. Find five ducks to complete the mode! (Note that this mode can increase your end of ball bonus by a lot because the ducks collected still count towards it.)

Rockin Express: The spinner scores points, with the value increased by shooting the alternating lit orbit. Make 50 spins to complete the mode.

Rotor: Two Shots are lit at a time, moving from left to right and then back again.

Füd Frenzy: A frenzy mode. All switches score points. Every unique switch increases the value–in other words, the value doesn’t increase if you hit the same switch twice in a row.

Bumper Cars: Hit pop bumpers and slingshots for big points. Shooting the side ramp will increase the value of each hit. Complete the mode by collecting 30 total hits.

Sky Slide — Hit the drop target, then shoot the Food Stand saucer before the target raises again. Each saucer shot scores. Make 3 shots to finish the mode.

Tap-It! — A video mode like Tapper. Otto is standing behind his bar, which is approached by customers. Use the flippers to move Otto left and right. Hold the MagNab button to fill a customer’s stein with beer. The faster you serve a customer, the more points you get. Serve 20 customers total without missing a maximum of 4 to win the mode. Customer values typically start at 2K, 3K, or 4K.

Complete all 13 Tent Modes for the “Flipper Miestro” wizard mode.

Food Stand Modes

Center drop target hits and spinner spins qualify Food Stand Modes at the center scoop. There are five Food Stand Modes. Each has a timer that can be reset by shooting back into the center scoop.

These modes give you calories which increase multiball scoring. The order you play them in is as follows:

Pretzels (orbits) — 5k base + 2.5k each orbit
Cake (slings and pops) — 500 base + 250 each hit (?)
Ice Cream (ramps) — 7.5k base (?)
Sausage (combination of the 3 previous modes)
5th: Food Coma. Flippers go weak and you have to shoot the spinner to work off the calories and make the flippers stronger.
You can stack food modes into tents and multiball (must start in single ball play)

Note that the number of calories you start the multiball with is locked in for that multiball, so bringing in a food mode into a multiball may give you lots of calories for a future multiball, but will not increase your current multiball.

Beer Barrel Multiball

Complete the PROST standup bank to light locks on the side ramp. Locking three balls starts Beer Barrel Multiball. (Locks are shared between players. Be careful!) Locks can also hold over between games.

During multiball, lit shots score jackpots. Locking a ball in the Beer Barrel holds it there for 20 seconds (configurable). While a ball is locked in the Beer Barrel, the next jackpot is scored at 2X, the next at 3X, and so on. Each lock shot and PROST bank completion resets the timer. PROST bank also relights all jackpots. Locking a second ball scores the Super Jackpot. Locking a third ball scores a Double Super Jackpot.

Corkscrew Multiball

Spell OKTOBERFEST via the left and right standup banks to light locks. The left ramp will lower over the left loop; locking three balls in the Corkscrew lock starts multiball.

During multiball, lit shots score jackpots. Only a few will be lit and they will move around the playfield, starting on the left, and moving to the right. Spelling OKTOBER or FEST lights the left ramp for a super jackpot.

If you drain down to one ball without scoring a super jackpot, the left ramp briefly stays down for a “last chance” super.

Ducks and Duck Derby

Ducks collected throughout the game increase mode values and end-of-ball bonus. Earn ducks by one of the following:

Hitting the four duck standups on the playfield.
Mystery awards.
Completing Tent Modes. You get 5 ducks for the first mode you win on a ball, then 10 for the next, then 15, ect.
Every 50 ducks lights Duck Derby at the Tent scoop; Tent Modes are unavailable until Duck Derby has ended.

Duck Derby is a two-ball multiball. Green shots score points based on your duck count, and advance your duck in the race. Hitting a duck standup target will “select” the corresponding duck, causing any lit shot to advance that duck. When your duck is selected, all shots are green; when an opponent duck is selected, all shots are red (and you should promptly shoot your duck’s green standup target to re-select your duck). Every few seconds, the furthest back opponent duck will advance, even if you didn’t make a red shot.

Win the race, and you start a Victory Lap phase that lasts until the end of the multiball. All duck targets and lit shots score. You can make the same shot multiple times. Lose the race, and the Derby ends: flippers will be disabled until at least one ball drains. A ball saver is provided until single ball play is re-established.

Mystery

Hit all four ducks and shoot the Tent scoop to collect a Mystery award. Some awards include:

Complete OKTOBER (lights the Corkscrew Multiball Lock instantly)
Add 2 MagNab Grabs
Visit Tent
Hold Bonus Multipliers
Advance Bonus Multipliers
Collect Stein
Reset Tilt Warnings (!)

Super Striker

After enough pop bumper hits, hit the High Striker captive ball when the ball exits to the upper right flipper for a point award. The harder you hit the ball, the more points you get.

End of Ball Bonus

The bonus awarded at the end of each ball is held between balls and is comprised of:

Steins Collected x 4,000
Tents Visited x 4,000
Ducks Collected x 200
Everything is then multiplied by the Bonus X.

#1362 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Question for owners? How many games does it take you to get 3 balls in the barrel for multiball? I am an above average player and have had the coil stop installed and it takes me about 8-10 games. Only once in the many years I have owned this game have I gotten it in 1 game. It's very frustrating and I think a poor design. Most of the time it rattles around the ramp and doesnt make it up. The sweet spot is so minute it pretty much takes away from this being a location game. The barrel is the most prominent and attracting thing when you walk up to it and its nearly impossible. Any ideas on adjustments? I have no idea how this was approved. Lawler got it right in Wonka and other games but Balcer's ball trajectory is not possible on a consistant basis on this game.

Mines dialed in good, as a slightly above average player while I cant do it every game, if I'm focused I would say every 2-3 games I can get it once. Once maybe twice I've pulled off twice in a game while in the zone. not easy, but so rewarding!

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I just had a strange occurrence. I was playing a game and locked my first ball in the roller-coaster ramp and soon after the game locked up. Everything froze and the flippers went dead. I gave it a few moments and then I cycled the game. When the game booted back up I could not start a game. Thinking it was the ball still stuck up into the coaster lock I went into service mode to try and release the ball. No coils would work. Fearing the worst, I stuck a USB into the machine to capture some logs. Then I rebooted the game again. This time everything worked as expected and had a killer game. Running the latest beta. The game has never locked up on me before.

I haven't experienced this yet, but will see if I can duplicate hit (hopefully not) tonight on mine.

1 month later
#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Got the call that my Oktoberfest came in. Been almost a year so I can’t wait!

Awesome! Just in time to celebrate real Oktoberfest!
Prost!!

2 weeks later
#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from domvertorix:

Same boat. We're doing a family Oktoberfest cookout two weeks from now, so a week after Munich's Oktoberfest concludes. Window is getting tight for that to happen with a new pin, but brats will be on the grill and I will be trying a new Kaiserschmarrn recipe, regardless.

Kaiserschmarrn! MMmmmmm! If its good please share bitte!

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Drinking this and thinking of our group. Happy Oktoberfest! See some resemblance to Otto?!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need one of those!

1 week later
#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I guess I'm in the club! Was supposed to be delivered between 2 and 4, but the truck showed up around 10. Luckily my wife was home, though she was a bit nervous about accepting delivery. Can't wait to get home!!!

Zum Wohl!

1 week later
#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Can anyone here help me out with dimensions? I'm picking up an Oktoberfest and need to see if it'll fit into my older Jeep Grand Cherokee.... I have 32" width, 32" Height and 55" length I can play with....does that seem OK?

Hight wise its a very snug fit, but I put mine in one. had to go in backwards since seats don't go true flat

1 month later
#1542 1 year ago

There was a service note on the early ones for loose lockdown bars and a replacement piece to correct it was sent out. I thought that that was corrected on later production runs.

3 weeks later
#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine has been rock solid.

Mine too!

1 month later
#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:Deluxe edition includes magic glass, knocker kit, shaker, beer stein, topper.

Beer Stein? Are you referring to the real glass one to drink out of?

#1669 1 year ago

Thought so, making sure I didn’t miss something new lol!

1 week later
#1684 1 year ago

Look what may be coming for Oktoberfest!...

"The company will integrate Scorbit’s API into all its games moving forward. Hot Wheels is already equipped as of February. Retrofitted versions of their games Houdini and Oktoberfest will follow".

https://www.replaymag.com/american-pinball-integrating-scorbit-on-their-machines/

Scorbit.
http://www.scorbit.io/

2 weeks later
#1716 1 year ago

Herr Otto. Danke rosh!
[quoted image]

Awesome right?
Digging your powder coated ramp. Nice color choice. Post a broader playfield pic?

1 week later
#1754 1 year ago

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! ☘️
May your beer be grün und groß!

E591DF1A-31BF-4722-B146-44F518E87269 (resized).jpegE591DF1A-31BF-4722-B146-44F518E87269 (resized).jpeg
#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

New club member here. I dont have the game yet but it should be here in another week or so. Ive window shopped this game for over a year and finally pulled the trigger. Proast!

Willkommen!

2 weeks later
#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

So I don't remember seeing this discussed prior in the thread, but I'm assuming it was images of API employees captured for the customer graphics in the Tap-It mode? I know employee faces are hiding in the playfield crowd here and there. I just realized playing Tap-It the other day that one of those customers resembled Rosh...

Someone here posted that while visiting AP with their son, that they got to be in it too, which I thought was way awesome and cool for AP to do!

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

just the son, I figured it would make him a pinball fan for life and hard to beat that for a factory tour.

I know another little girl who was beyond thrilled to be on the Walter Day Oktoberfest card with her Daddy too!
Still her favorite game and a pinhead for life!

1 month later
#1822 11 months ago

Read this and all I heard was super awesome mod

Quoted from Ballderdash:

I know you’re looking for vertical ball action but this effect could’ve been achieved with an ascending LED light show up a post representing the strength of a captive ball hit towards the “bell”. A force sensor could have been used to detect the impact.
From the internet:
A Force Sensor is defined as a transducer that converts an input mechanical load, weight, tension, compression or pressure into an electrical output signal.
-
There are 4 key uses for Force sensors. They detect and measure:
*Force from an applied load
*Rate of change of a force load over time
*Force thresholds to trigger appropriate action
*Contact and/or touch

1 week later
#1841 11 months ago

Congrats! and PROST!

#1851 11 months ago

WOW! I am admittedly shocked and surprised. That is a dramatic change from my earlier run barrel. Props to AP for sending you a replacement, and excellent job on your new barrel. Looks perfect as it should!

Quoted from Pinstein:

When I recently received my new game I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. All the advertising and promo pics show it completely different to what I received and I felt a bit dooped. I mean the thing was practically purple with a high gloss and beyond its shape bore no resemblance to a beer barrel. I contacted AP with my gripe and their customer service was fast and top notch. I requested a second barrel that I could get privately painted and they were gracious, expedient and I got a new one within days. I was warned that it would look like the one I had as this is how they all look in the latest builds. I had a friend work his magic and I am way happier with its overall appearance. If anyone is in a similar situation he would be happy to paint yours as well for $50 and you pay the shipping both ways. With the size of this piece for me it was worth every penny. Pm me if interested. Here is a side by side comparison.
[quoted image]

1 week later
#1869 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I finished a custom shooter rod. I will install it tonight.
[quoted image]

Very nice!
Looking forward to seeing it installed!

1 week later
#1887 10 months ago

PM’d

Quoted from Whynot:

Selling two new, never used American Pinball membrane switches used in Oktoberfest. SWI-0022-00.
Known switch to need occasional replacement. Always good to have some spares on hand.
$50/switch, $85 if you purchase both. Selling for $75 per switch on American Pinball’s site.
[quoted image]

#1895 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

-hanks, I am using APs knocker and it did come with instructions. They say to attach the coil in the pre-drilled holes and my problem is that I dont have any predrilled holes in my game, so I want to make sure that I get the spacing right from the coil to the plate. My game also showed with no light strip in the back. Its a newer run game if you'd seen my barrel but they missed a few things on the line.

Mine was "Pre-drilled" but very hard to see, more of an alignment marking hole. The directions and video are strait forward, once I located those marks it went smoothly.
Link for reference

#1902 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Just got back from the powder coaters and had both my Houdini and Oktoberfest wire forms powdered in transparent Gold. I think this will look money on both games and compliment the themes and the art.
[quoted image]

Mmmmm, ramps like a sweet golden river of BEER!
Looking forward to installed pics!

beer-820011_1280 (resized).jpgbeer-820011_1280 (resized).jpg
#1907 10 months ago

Hope everyone had a “Hoppy” Fathers Day!

10D8F2A9-9FA3-4ED2-BCB4-1F5CC186647C (resized).jpeg10D8F2A9-9FA3-4ED2-BCB4-1F5CC186647C (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1927 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:I wanted to make the food tent a more highlighted shot so I made a custom 2 piece plastic. If you've never played this game and play 1 ball you can now clearly see where the food tent is. My gold ramps are on and you can see them a little here.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Been looking forward to seeing the gold ramps, love it! It accents the game very nicely. Great idea for the Food tent, it really does stand out better now. How did you mount/ attach it?
Make any extra?

1 week later
#1935 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I also added a 25 LED string of twinkling lights on the roller coaster ramp. It really adds a lot of animation, color and attraction to the ramp. I bought it from Evans Designs online. They also offer it in just warm white. The video I posted is short and doesnt show it in its full pattern as it takes a minute to get going, but it shows how they look mounted on there and how much it adds to the ramp. I attached it with 1/2 tabs of clear laminate. Its pretty much invisible. Its wired to the coindoor. I think it only cost about $25.

Love, love, love this! It totally and tastefully highlights that attraction. I also like the change to the T-molding.
All very well done!
Ausgezeichnet!

#1943 8 months ago

Oktoberfest is a comparatively dimly lit game - even with the back panel light strip.
One of the few in my collection that I've added PinStadium lights to. Much better now!
[quoted image]

WOW! Where did you get the tiny ducks over the Duck targets!
Well done!

#1949 8 months ago

Had my OF! Krug filled as a beer candle, the scent is actually “Oktoberfest” will be using it as a prop for this weekend at SFGE.
My daughter and I will be Otto and Inga for the cosplay on Sat. If you see us please say Hallo!

183317D5-EAEC-4FF6-8755-E0F9870E2DA5 (resized).jpeg183317D5-EAEC-4FF6-8755-E0F9870E2DA5 (resized).jpeg
#1950 8 months ago

Still hunting this large banner if anybody has one lmk.
If coming to SFGE even besser!
AP? (Wink wink, nudge nudge)

A11E2AAC-4393-41CA-9819-8312BF626C7B (resized).jpegA11E2AAC-4393-41CA-9819-8312BF626C7B (resized).jpeg
#1952 8 months ago

Only one Oktoberfest! at SFGE. Got steady play, played a few games with some random folks, really seemed to like it alot when they realized some of the cool features. Especially the one handed play. To bad there was really know one there to showcase the AP games overall. rosh missed you being there!

358128582_10219397907336723_7787141253706897935_n (resized).jpg358128582_10219397907336723_7787141253706897935_n (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1953 8 months ago

“Guns, beer, what could go wrong?”
Finally picked up this Diana Oktoberfest air gun. Wasn’t released initially here in the US.
For my winter project, going to build a miniature indoor shooting gallery with an Oktoberfest theme.

Anybody do any indoor plinking?

20A9EEA3-54EF-472A-9FE1-AB2BC8FA235B (resized).jpeg20A9EEA3-54EF-472A-9FE1-AB2BC8FA235B (resized).jpeg4C1F7AE9-AD19-40F0-89AF-712C27813D72 (resized).jpeg4C1F7AE9-AD19-40F0-89AF-712C27813D72 (resized).jpeg51F83F56-D18C-4D6B-80DB-23DBEC50A163 (resized).jpeg51F83F56-D18C-4D6B-80DB-23DBEC50A163 (resized).jpeg56421CEB-B896-4665-ACFD-FB48FB581073 (resized).jpeg56421CEB-B896-4665-ACFD-FB48FB581073 (resized).jpeg6F3367E2-95C3-46B3-862A-C013E99C4CFA (resized).jpeg6F3367E2-95C3-46B3-862A-C013E99C4CFA (resized).jpeg84B4770A-8103-45E8-A63B-623E81FFFF0B (resized).jpeg84B4770A-8103-45E8-A63B-623E81FFFF0B (resized).jpeg

#1958 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Love shooting galleries! So upset that Cedar Point (roller coaster park in OH) has removed both of theirs. I don’t know where to get my fix these days. Do some Cabelas or Great Outdoors/Bass Pro shops have them? A home one would be great but what are you thinking for your setup?

I’m from Ohio originally, I remember theirs,
And the one that was at Idora Park.

#1962 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Love shooting galleries! So upset that Cedar Point (roller coaster park in OH) has removed both of theirs. I don’t know where to get my fix these days. Do some Cabelas or Great Outdoors/Bass Pro shops have them? A home one would be great but what are you thinking for your setup?

Check this out then!.....

Quoted from Ballderdash:

something like maybe a kissing booth type size, with a bb catch backdrop. Ducks (of course), Oktoberfest hearts and above that towards rear a grid of those little star targets and little tube targets. Separate shooting bench for ease of storage and castor wheels to move in or outside.
I already sourced some metal hearts, and will have them painted like picture, but perhaps with bullseye or something else in center.

15731277-detail-of-a-typical-german-shooting-gallery-on-a-fair (resized).jpg15731277-detail-of-a-typical-german-shooting-gallery-on-a-fair (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgoktoberfest_main (resized).jpgoktoberfest_main (resized).jpg
#1973 8 months ago

If you want to come a little bit further south, Alpine Helen Georgia is great for Oktoberfest.
Only 30 minutes from me!
https://helenchamber.com/oktoberfest/

2A0DF3AF-2D2C-4809-94FA-252AE8A7B5AC (resized).jpeg2A0DF3AF-2D2C-4809-94FA-252AE8A7B5AC (resized).jpegC18E4BF7-96D1-44AE-BB07-8CFF7C2B9917 (resized).jpegC18E4BF7-96D1-44AE-BB07-8CFF7C2B9917 (resized).jpeg
#1974 8 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I also have a small store that sells German themed shirts and gifts. It's not really a source of income for me, I just do it for fun. Website is luckylions.us - I made a discount code for you guys that runs through Oktoberfest season. Code Pinside will take 15% off.

Awesome shop. Have a couple of my favorites on there that I have seen,
But this……. This is fantastic!!!

842F5AEA-515A-42B3-BA6C-5101932D0221 (resized).jpeg842F5AEA-515A-42B3-BA6C-5101932D0221 (resized).jpeg
#1977 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This looks great too! Decided I’m going to Frankenmuth on the 14th. We have friends in Cumming, GA so maybe I could arrange a later trip since the festival in GA runs for a few weeks? Is that right?

Joe and Mica??

Sept 7 – 10, 2023 (Thursday – Sunday)
Sept 14 – 17, 2023 (Thursday – Sunday)
Sept 21 – 24, 2023 (Thursday – Sunday)
Sept 28 – Oct 29, 2023 (nightly)
//////////Band Schedule//////////////////
Mollie B. and Pesch and Schwefel are our two favorites..

September 21 – 24
Prost
Festhaus Musig

Sept 28 – Oct 1
Zuelfel Brothers
Sonnenschnapps

October 2 – 8
Squeeze Box
featuring Ted Lange & Mollie B.
Sonnen Schnapps

October 9 – 15
Alex Meixner Band
Duncan Schoen

October 16 – 22
Alpenmusikanten
and
Pech & Schwefel

October 23 – Oct 29
Europa
Das Haus

#1984 8 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Of all the pins I have rated, look at what's on top. I do love me some Oktoberfest.
[quoted image]

Funny, here’s mine too. To top Funhouse, speaks volumes.

5558202D-86AF-49E6-ABCF-2C94627538C8 (resized).jpeg5558202D-86AF-49E6-ABCF-2C94627538C8 (resized).jpeg
#1986 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So any shot to the bar should open it?

Depends, sometimes three hits. Bash the Bar to open it, then shoot a ball inside to collect a Beer Stein. It’ll also open during a skill shot.

#1992 8 months ago
Quoted from wizard1:

I would rate it 10.0, if I‘ll get a prototype backglass
Cheers
Andreas

IKR! Would pay to have one made.

#1999 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Are we talking about this graphic?
[quoted image]

The “Bad Monkey” glass

8AF87E61-22AF-4666-873C-77074E3C67E7 (resized).jpeg8AF87E61-22AF-4666-873C-77074E3C67E7 (resized).jpeg
#2002 8 months ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Re: the peeping monkey backglass....I cannot believe someone would get offended by this. That being said, I'd buy 2 just to help the project along!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/97#post-6350491

#2004 8 months ago
Quoted from wizard1:

The monkey backglass is so much more fun.
I know many Oktoberfest owner here in Europe - EVERYBODY would prefer the monkey and don‘t understand the discussion about it.
A scan helps ….

Love Europe, especially Deutschland. Lived in Bad Hersfeld for 4 years.

#2016 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Yeah but mine is bigger. It wasn't easy importing a handboller from Germany. The official opener of Munich Oktoberfest.[quoted image]

That is Sweeet! Love the matching engraved Tap mallet.

1 month later
1 month later
#2055 4 months ago

Any news on next update?

#2057 4 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's still coming, but (just in the interest of transparency) Hot Wheels update will be coming first.

Thanks for the update!

#2068 4 months ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Has anyone figured out a way to run a spotlight to Otto? I have Rosh's upgraded Otto and he really needs to be showcased. Any info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

I always thought this would be a great easy mod for just that. Placement and wiring is the problem.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/the-hobbit-custom-mods/products/hobbit-pinball-new-custom-barrel-spot-lights-mod-upgrade-kit

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#2079 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Watching a Christmas favorite tonight. Which Kenosha kicker is our accordion playing Oktoberfest musician?
[quoted image]

Still performing too! Very nice guy
https://eddiekorosajr.com/

eddie-kicker (resized).jpgeddie-kicker (resized).jpg
#2087 4 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Just to second that - this game really benefits from Pinstadiums. And I like the UV effect. It's fun.

UV effect on OF???

1 week later
#2108 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I like it because Joe Balcer and Matt Reister are on it. And the monkey where his hands shouldn't be.
[quoted image]

Monkey or not, This one was the best! Would still love to have one somehow

#2113 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was wearing my hat the other day and thinking what would be cool. Stern has these trophies etc to obtain playing their games through insider. Wouldn't it be cool if somehow AP had a way of collecting hat pins on Oktoberfest for completing tents or something? It would be nice if it awarded some sort of virtual souvenir for home players to show off?
[quoted image]

Love that Shutzenfest pin!
I would love a pin of each stein in the game, or even a mini stein of each:

Mender Stout
Reclab Redrum Stout
FreakShow Rooster
Frosty Ferret
Ish Pale Ale
Sloshed Rosh Lager
Kernenmeister
Castrated Monkey
Engler Pale Ale
Not’n Roht’n
Buschbrau

I did find this on Etsy a while back and added it to my hat.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#2115 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I feel like a graphic T-shirt with the steins on them would be doable. Maybe we’d need some source files for high res images.

That is s great idea.

#2119 3 months ago

Frohe Weihnachten!

IMG_8136 (resized).jpegIMG_8136 (resized).jpegIMG_8141 (resized).jpegIMG_8141 (resized).jpeg
#2121 3 months ago

Got this koozie designed to hold a maß bier, turns out a pingulp fits perfect!

IMG_8160 (resized).jpegIMG_8160 (resized).jpeg
#2123 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Nice! I like that shooter too. Haven’t seen it before.

Thanks! Had that custom made from a coin I found.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/9#post-5593495

#2124 3 months ago

Frohes Neues Jahr!

IMG_8197 (resized).jpegIMG_8197 (resized).jpegIMG_8199 (resized).jpegIMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
#2127 3 months ago

No secret that Oktoberfest! Was my dream theme. So feel very blessed to be gifted this prototype piece that did not make it into production. Pretty cool 3D of the Corkscrew coaster building.
Prost!
Wonder what other prototype pieces didn’t make the mark beyond the Bumper car riders.

IMG_8183 (resized).jpegIMG_8183 (resized).jpegIMG_8220 (resized).jpegIMG_8220 (resized).jpegIMG_8221 (resized).jpegIMG_8221 (resized).jpeg
#2130 3 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Anyone else think the roller coaster ramp should have a decal that looks like wooden roller coaster tracks? Think Tilt Graphics could make that for us?

Good idea, and I’m sure they could/would
But maybe the coaster train going up?

IMG_8228 (resized).jpegIMG_8228 (resized).jpeg
#2133 3 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

The prototypes had a Ferris wheel plastic with a circle of LEDs, for the playfield multiplier, It was then moved to the back panel and zoomed in, just LEDs for the values.
[quoted image]
The original corkscrew wireworm, from the first white wood, would be the most interesting thing that did not make it. The original had a true corkscrew in it between the two big loops vs the wig-wag that we went with. Unfortunately the risk of balls getting stuck was just too high to keep it. With the double loops there was just not enough height/pitch to have the speed needed to reliably get through the corkscrew.
[quoted image]

Great info!
Love seeing the development pieces. Love that use of the well walker too!

2 weeks later
#2163 82 days ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Hi All. I am considering buying an Oktoberfest. What are some things I should ask the current owner about the game before buying? By that I mean specific issues that people have seen. Thanks.

Just what was mention. OF! is a GREAT game. Enjoy!

#2168 80 days ago

Moment of pure Joy.
This little girl finally hit corkscrew muliball on her own tonight. Moments like this is what I love about pinball.
Also I think I heard, or at least caught for the first time Inge saying; “ someone cut off the Monkey, he’s sloshed!”
AP, thanks once again for not only making a great game, but my grail theme as well!
Prost!

IMG_6897 (resized).jpegIMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
3 weeks later
#2250 31 days ago
Quoted from MichaelMunich:

Hi Oktoberfestguys,
I’ve joined the club two days ago and i’ve been reading the complete thread, in search of an answer.
What would you do if you had a choice between a new Oktoberfest Pinball and one of these legendary three prototypes?
I have the possibility to get the only device in Europe. The price would be the same as for a new Oktoberfest-Pinball.
What would be the advantages or disadvantages between these two devices?
Thank you very very much for your numerous answers.
Best wishes from Munich, the Hometown of Oktoberfest.
Servus, und bis bald
Michael

MichaelMunich I had this option a couple years back directly from AP. Big take away {as i was told} was updates would not be possible on the prototype games. Unless it had the original proto backglass or characters in the bumper cars I would pass....and did. Different cab art ws not enough to go that route for me with the limited code upgrade/tech support. Mine was a 2019 run, been rock solid. Upgraded Otto from Rosh if you can find one is the single best upgrade.

EDIT: found email prior to my purchase, this was the info i got.

“1. Oktoberfest Prototype game which was presented to Chicago Pinball expo 2018 and its rare game as no other game similar to that with limited code update capacity. Once game sold, it will have limited technical support considering limited run of that game. Although game is completely functional with limited updates till Nov 2018. This will be priced at $500.00 off. Not Return, Limited Software and Technical Support.

2. Oktoberfest Prototype cabinet –
We have different artwork on earlier cabinets which we showed, rest will be same as regular production game. ”

#2252 31 days ago
Quoted from rosh:Updating the code on a prototype will brick it and doubt anyone at AP has the code to restore it. It uses a different LED system than production, a month other differences.
I had told ownership not to sell them. I did do one update for it after we did our major update and polish, because I felt bad for those who had purchased one.

rosh if you make to SFGE would love to buy ya beer and talk about all the makings of Oktoberfest!

2 weeks later
#2254 17 days ago

Frohe Ostern!

IMG_9338 (resized).jpegIMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
#2259 12 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Still in the queue... we have an upcoming GTF code update in the next couple weeks, then I'll be able to focus on Oktoberfest and Hot Wheels updates again.

Any new news on or next update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pyromedic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=Pyromedic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.