IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Especially for a German it´s even more funny.

Please tell me more!

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game. To me it sounds like "I knows it, I knows it".

#228 4 years ago

Thanks!

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Sorry for being late with my answer, but LTG already sent a perfect link including the translation. Thanks bro! "Prost" or "Prosit" just means "Cheers".
Funny translations and strange things for a German are...

Thanks for all the info!

1 month later
#274 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

american pinball

Luckily this Oktoberfest has been perfect so far. One night Houdini acted real funny with balls not registering when they drained, but we turned it off, waited 5 minutes and turned it back on, and 40 plays later it is still doing fine.

Anyway, did you try just turning it off and on again? I was so glad that worked for me that time.

And I am sure AP or LTG will help soon, they are awesome!

#275 4 years ago

Just like Superman he is always right there!

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I did get over 5 million pretty easily with glitches!

I am not that great of a player so if a glitch was helping me I may ignore a few days.

Houdini was not registering when the ball drained to give a ball save, so that had to be fixed asap.

Every time my computer has ever messed up and I am ready to call a repair guy, friends say just turn it off and then turn it on again and it may be ok.

So far with me anyway, computers and pinball machines have been fixed a whole lot of times by just restarting.

By all means though, if that does not work contact AP. And like LTG always says, send them the data.

2 weeks later
#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There is at least one GI lighting effect that looks like blinking: any time playfield X is active (T-A-P lanes), all GI do an alternating pattern.

I noticed that and was a tad concerned, now I know this machine is 100%.

Thanks again AP! I am glad you guys and LTG are always around.

1 month later
#327 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue with the bar door sticking or grinding?

I had that at first. I did not see the packing material that needed to be removed, and even with the instructions showing a map, I did not see it for about 20 minutes of play.

Not sure if that even relates to what you have going on, but just a warning to future buyers that some of that packing material can be tricky to find.

3 months later
#399 4 years ago

I personally love the game, and the theme. I just wish it had more adult humor.

I would sell my Spider-Man VE, and Metallica Monsters, and Houdini, before I would ever sell my Oktoberfest.

1 month later
#441 3 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

I'm with ya! Visiting from the Houdini blog. I love that game so much I am now looking at Octoberfest. These bashers are idiots! What a great product AP is putting out. Octoberfest is my next pin, don't care what these dumb asses say about it! LOL

I am selling all my pins except for Oktoberfest and TWD.

As far as bashers, we all have different tastes. For me OKT is the best pin ever.

2 months later
#481 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I just bought one a few min ago lol

Should arrive next week.

I know you have been looking for something different and this game will not disappoint you.

When I was downsizing and adding variety this is one of 2 pins I kept, it is that awesome.

If you look at my history of games sold here, and I kept Oktoberfest over those, that has to tell you something.

Enjoy!

2 months later
#659 3 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

With the current code, and all of the games currently available, (or back ordered) would you guys still buy Oktoberfest right now?

I would!

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a good deal on a NIB ocktoberfest

I always buy from Classic Game Rooms in Covington GA, but I am close enough that I pick up to save shipping.

#671 3 years ago

I just talked to Jason at Classic Game Rooms, he has 4 available. Send me a pm if you want his phone number.

2 months later
#772 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

While playing my lock down bar comes loose

Mine did that and I had to keep adjusting the 2 screws to get it to stay tight.

The beer barrel ramp was aggravating me, I just rigged up some tubing for the area on the ramp right before the barrel and now it is perfect.

In other news my previous best score was 4mil. I just had a 15mil game!

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the handle should be closer to 4:00 then 6

Mine settled in at 6 also.

I am not even touching it again, it has been fine forever now.

(I like the latches on games a lot better).

And this game should be in the top 15, it is that good!

1 month later
#825 3 years ago
Quoted from Dinobob8:

So just bought Oktoberfest today. Super excited.

Congratulations! It is a awesome game with tons of different things to try for.

(I just turned mine off a few minutes ago).

Anyway, sorry I can not help, my game has never done that.

I have not had any issues in a long time with this game, but when I did just turning the game off and back on fixed every problem I had.

The folks at AP are super awesome, I am sure they will get you fixed very soon.

I would open a ticket with them, and also keep posting here and checking back.

They normally respond pretty fast on here.

1 month later
#878 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

If the ball is going fast enough, it sometimes flys off the ramp. Had a ball get trapped b/c if it.

Months ago the first time I read about this issue I thought I am so glad this never happens to me.

Then like I got jinxed or something I started having this problem all the time, and the ball was getting stuck in areas that I had to lower the glass to free it.

It is very crude (and I don't have a smart phone to make a pic), but I used clear vinyl tubing on my ramp to fix this.

I wish AP or someone would make something easy to install that looks good and encloses the entire ramp all the way to the barrel.

This is a awesome game! So many different things to try for.

2 months later
#968 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

To get to Flipper Meister, do you have to WIN all tent modes, or just PLAY them?

Just play them.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

What's the secret to Chugging?

Yeah, please post that and all the other secrets you may have.

Sometimes I change it up a little, but normally I start with Bumper Cars, to get more extra balls.

I love the fact this game has so many different things to try for.

I would love to know how to get a really big score. (yeah I know, make your shots), but as far as the bar, and tents, I would love to learn some secrets.

2 months later
#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Houdini had video modes

That video mode with trying to throw the card through the moving hoop(or something like that) was my favorite part of that game.

I probably should have kept Houdini longer, but the shots were so tight, and all of that weird giggling noise in the background got on my nerves.

Oktoberfest is not going anywhere though.

I love Oktoberfest!

5 months later
#1184 2 years ago

After not having time to play any pinball at all for a long while, I just played this game again for 2 nights in a row, and I want to play it again as soon as I can.

This game is super deep with all the different choices.

9 months later
#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from PinChris:

I just got my November build game this week. I notice on the back box that there are only two speakers. I notice on earlier pictures there are 4 and the cabinet features on the website say four speakers. Did AP change the build?
[quoted image]

My Oktoberfest has 4 speakers. June 2019 build.

3 weeks later
#1616 1 year ago

I leave my barrel set to hold balls, but when I am finished playing, and turn the game off, I go ahead and turn the game back on, so any balls in the barrel will eject. I try to stop playing the first time the barrel is empty anyway, so I do not have to power back on.

I have always left the corkscrew to where it drains at the end of each game.

The only issues I have had are the lock down bar gets loose after a few plays, and I have to open the coin door for 3 seconds to tighten it back, and the other issue is balls coming off the beer ramp and getting stuck to a point I had to pull the glass down a little to free them. I fixed that problem with a piece of pipe, but I really do need one of those mods that some people have made, I am sure it would look better.

This is an awesome game for all the different ways you can play it. I love the game. My girlfriend doesn't like it too much, says too much for her to keep up with.

2 months later
#1760 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Anyone thinking of selling in the Denver, CO area?

I am considering selling, but I'm not in that area. I love the game, but my girlfriend says it is too complicated for her.

I may put a for sale ad on here soon.

11 months later
#2209 43 days ago

If anyone in my area is considering buying one of these, I have one listed at a great deal in the marketplace here. No issues, other than I never got the beer barrel ramp dialed in to where the ball wouldn't come off the ramp, but I fixed that with a piece of vinyl pipe that can easily be removed.

The game has never been moved since it was un-boxed.

My girlfriend doesn't really like it, too complicated for her.

And honestly, I'm ready to change things up now and get a Jaws.

#2211 43 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hi just joined the club this afternoon -Prost!
I spent the last hour going insane in the membrane reading about membrane switches because our first hour of test games on this Dec ‘22 build with 500 plays on it we were experiencing locking a ball in the barrel but sometimes it wouldn’t kick a ball out into the shooter lane, yet it would say to shoot the ball.
It seems most I read in the thread was talking more about random multiball madness due to these membranes, and the software setting to compensate…until you buy more insane membranes, and magnetized balls etc… but I didn’t seem to find anything about the symptoms I’m describing.
I just got this game to put into my 63 tap craft beer store/bar and straight out of the gate I’m wondering if I made a mistake for location due to these Cypress Hill switches?
Thanks for any advise!

That reminded me, right after I bought this game, it did something odd once, and I turned the game off, and turned it back on, and have never had any more issues like that.

I have also never had any problems with any of the switches, membrane stuff, or magnetized balls. I read all of that, and ordered extra balls, and have never needed them.

It would be super easy to pull the glass on my game, and drop some balls in the beer barrel, to see that it is working as it should.

Once I did have a repair guy out about another game, and he asked to look inside my Oktoberfest, and I don't know what it was, but he said I have the good stuff, that some other games had something different that had caused problems.

#2215 43 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I'm glad your games working good, not sure if you're offering any advice or just trying to sell yours lol

Both.

#2220 42 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hey thanks again for your input. Update as of this morn is that I went and pulled the balls and sure enough I could see my purty face in them and I knew that was bad!(; and two or three were def magnetized touching/dragging them. I replaced them with reg balls and then had to get on the road but gave my mgr the task to play later and let me know. I touched base with the previous owner and asked if he happened to put fancy balls in, & it turns out he had done me a favor by putting new balls in just before the sale- mirror balls. Meanwhile my mgr texted me that he played a bunch and everything was gravy since I changed the balls. So thankfully no Cypress Hill membranes for now and going to get this thing ready to get out into the tap room!

I'm so very glad that was such an easy fix for you.

Long ago I had read on here about games with magnets causing issues with the balls, and I ordered like a box of 100, and only time so far I have ever used any was when I bought a used game one time, I went ahead and installed new balls in it.

#2225 39 days ago
Quoted from SNES:

Hey guys,
Just joined the club a couple of days ago! I’ve been reading through this thread. Lots of great info!
I have gotten most of the issues sorted, but I have a couple of questions I am hoping for some assistance on.
My left and bottom pop bumpers aren’t working. I checked the switches and they work fine. Checked power settings on the coils and adjusted to default power. Reseated the connections. I don’t see anything physically wrong with them, but the coils aren’t firing. Any thoughts? Seems odd that both coils would go bad. Game only has 600 plays on it.
What are thoughts on the best code update? I just read above me about the lack of high score entry on the newest code, but what about before that? Mine is on 19.10.24. Would you guys go with the currently available 20.09.23 or just leave what I have?
Thanks everyone! Game is a lot of fun so far!

The pop bumpers in that game were never super aggressive, but they always worked fine. I wonder if the easy play setting settled them down even more? I never noticed. May try taking the game off of easy and see if that changes them.

I hope it's something simple like that.

#2236 38 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

if they don't work in test (and all other coils on that board work) it is either bad transistors or wiring. Odds of two transistors being blown seems less likely than a wiring issue. I'd start by checking the connector on the driver board and make sure it is fully secure and all pins are inserted properly. I'd trace the wiring to and confirm there are no breaks connection issues.

Thank you for helping with this.

I have more info, I bought that game years ago, nib, and right out of the box the pop bumpers always seemed very weak, compared to my other games, but I just always assumed it was an AP thing, and never thought anything about it.

For sure the pop bumpers were working nib, just very weak.

So please, think about this, for sure working, but very weak right out of the box, to not working at all like SNES is talking about.

This was a very awesome game, and I had it for years, but my girlfriend grew to not like it, so I finally sold it for space for something else she would get into more.

I never added any mods, so no issues with any add-ons.

First thing I did was to change it to adult, and I did change the power setting for the flipper for the beer barrel ramp, and before I sold it I changed it to easy, to try to get my girlfriend interested again.

That is all I know, but if I read anything else and think I may can help also, I will post again.

When I sold this game, I thought it was in 100% working condition, because everything was the same as when it was unboxed.

I hope this helps.

Oh, also, not sure if the T in TAP ever worked, but that never bothered me, because this game had so much going on anyway.

I never once popped the hood, but I did have to pull the glass a few times to get stuck balls out of areas after coming off the beer barrel ramp, before I added the pipe on that ramp, and that fixed the having to pull the glass to dig out stuck ball issue.

I no longer own this game, but I still stand behind it, and I will help in anyway I can.

This is an awesome game, someday if I'm ever single again, I may very well purchase another one.

Girlfriend of 7 years is pretty good, so trying to keep her happy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.