IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hop-Pac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Congrats to the new owners. By the way, the shaker and knocker are great add-ons for this game. VERY well done.

Agreed. I just added both to mine.
I really love the knocker in the shooting tents and in beer barrel multiball

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Interesting, I was actually sourcing materials to make Maypoles that will slide over the hex posts...like a blue and white spiral "straw" cut to the length of each hex post. I am still looking for the correct inside diameter to fit....I will see what you have.

That would be a nice little mod

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

We put out a beta release a few months back, but we were all-hands-on-deck getting Hot Wheels ready and polished. Now that HW is out, doing great, and has had a couple post-launch updates, we have turned our sights back to the lingering beta updates... rosh on Houdini and me on Oktoberfest. Here's what's in store (a few additional things may join the list):
CHANGE LOG
20.08.13 (TEST BUILD)
NEW -- Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation: if set to YES, the game will be more tolerant of erratic lock switches. Only enable if you know your lock switches are malfunctioning. ** NOTE ** changing this setting requires a game restart to take effect.
NEW -- Settings > Oktoberfest > Selection Timeout: now adjusts or disables the timer when selecting steins or tents.
NEW -- Settings > Pricing: added new pricing plans and support for Tokens.
NEW -- Settings > Replay: added Automatic Replay Percentaging.
NEW -- Attract: add score award (Replay, Extra Ball) info page to attract mode.
MODIFIED -- Beer Barrel Multiball: slightly increased scoring (again).
MODIFIED -- Boot: improved speed of powering up the game.
MODIFIED -- Calorie Coma: now shows total points earned when the mode concludes.
MODIFIED -- Coils: some defaults and ranges were adjusted; current settings will not be changed.
MODIFIED -- Coils: should be smarter about trying to free balls from devices when release doesn't immediately work; also don't retry forever so coils don't burn up.
MODIFIED -- Match: improved choreography.
MODIFIED -- Presets > Competition: now sets "Juggling Shots to Win" to 1, to discourage players from intentionally losing this tent. (Not that doing so was ever a good idea...)
MODIFIED -- Service Mode: minor improvements to UI.
MODIFIED -- Tap It: earning a replay or extra ball by score award during Tap It will skip the usual animation so the video mode isn't obscured.
MODIFIED -- Target Shooting: improved choreography.
FIXED -- Calorie Coma: scoring should now be working as intended.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: fixed a bug that could incorrectly award a player victory when their duck actually lost the race.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: losing the race should no longer cause loss of turn.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: don't allow the Derby to continue after a tilt.
FIXED -- Mystery: Points award now honors current Playfield X.
FIXED -- One Handed Play: no longer activates ball search if you hold balls on the left flipper for a long time.
FIXED -- Service Mode > Audits: now correctly tally Games Played - All Time.
FIXED -- Service Mode > Tests > Lamps: fixed a bug that could have broken normal game lighting after running Lamp Test.
FIXED -- Settings > Standard > Tilt Bob Settle Time / Tilt Warnings: now take effect immediately, instead of waiting for the next power cycle.
FIXED -- Stein and Tent Selection: cancel selection if the game is tilted while on the selection screen.

Is there anything to fix the intermittent playfield lights when playing Last Call and Re-Entry? Sometimes the S-O-B-E-R lights are off, sometimes they're on. Same with the Green Tent arrows on Re-Entry. Or is that by design?

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

What is the green tent arrow bug on Re-entry? Do the arrows all get stuck green or something? Don't think I've seen this one.

I've had all playfield lights off. Including the arrows. And I've had the arrows lit green. What is it supposed to do by design?
I have the Save setting on 2 saves because I like to play these last chance games. If it happens again, I'll post a pic here

1 week later
#530 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

What is the green tent arrow bug on Re-entry? Do the arrows all get stuck green or something? Don't think I've seen this one.

Got to the bug in Re-Entry again.
No green arrows on Tent, and blue arrows lit on Beer Barrel, Bar, and Food Stand.

IMG_20200823_175207600 (resized).jpgIMG_20200823_175207600 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#559 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sometimes my game ejects another ball when it shouldn't. As if it lost count.
Anyone else?
My gut says it's related to the beer barrel or ball trough.

I get that a lot. Hoping the new code will help.

3 weeks later
#611 3 years ago

The magnet by the upper flipper hasn't been catching the ball. It just flings the ball. Any ideas?

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

When going in which direction?
Pitch of your game?

It seems to do it in both directions. More often when I press the Mag Nab button as apposed to auto nab. It seems like it pulses, I've had it "juggle" the ball (catch and release upward then catch again)
Pitch is at factory recomend, leg levelers all the way in. I think that makes it at 6°

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

manual magnab is a bit of timing thing, given how it grabs and then holds. If the timing is off, the ball is getting there after the grab, but during 'hold' which is a patter, and can sometimes just fling the ball or slow it down.
I'll do some testing around it to see if we can make some adjustments.

It does it way more than it used to. It's become really hard to ever catch a ball at all. A few times, the ball is coming down the orbit, I hit Mag Nab button, and it stopped the ball then flung it up the lane and caught it on the other magnet above the TAP lanes

I actually catch the ball on the magnet about 1 in 10 attempts

#618 3 years ago

Nothing else has changed that I can think of. Maybe I just don't know how it's supposed to work. Does it come on and stay on for x seconds? Does it grab then drop to a hold power (like a flipper)? Does it pulse?
If it's a player timing issue, I've not noticed it before

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

It seems to do it in both directions. More often when I press the Mag Nab button as apposed to auto nab. It seems like it pulses, I've had it "juggle" the ball (catch and release upward then catch again)
Pitch is at factory recomend, leg levelers all the way in. I think that makes it at 6°

I've noticed it has been flinging and juggling the ball in auto nab.

#628 3 years ago

Not anymore. It used to be super strong and grab and hold tight. Now it seems weak and seems to grab and release. Last night auto nab was grabbing the ball weak and flinging it up then weakly grabbing again before just losing it.
Same behavior with manual mag nab

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

And you believe this coincides with installing the latest game software? There were no changes to how we pulse the magnets in the recent code release, so that would be quite unexpected... but stranger things have happened...

I don't know if the new code has anything to do with it. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this behavior, and how to correct it

#638 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

hop-pac ... are you seeing this on both player-controllable magnets, or just one of them?

The main issue is with the magnet by the spinner. (I use this one more often)
I'll play some games tonight and see how the top magnet behaves

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

OK, please let us know. It could theoretically be something as simple as the connector for that magnet being a little wiggly and needing to be reseated. If you're bored, you could potentially try downgrading to the previous software release and see if things improve, then reinstall the latest and see if it gets worse again. I really have no idea why that would be, since as I mentioned, our belief is that we didn't change anything about how the magnets are driven... but more data about a problem is always interesting.

I played a few more games. The top magnet seems to be ok, it grabs the ball pretty hard (but the ball is usually moving slower across that magnet)

The side magnet still seems weak. A slower ball will get caught most of the time. A faster ball will mostly get flung from the magnet. Like a Hot Wheels car on a track, the ball never stops, it gets accelerated across the magnet

I reseated the connector and there was no change, still weak or flings the ball

When I get some extra time, I'll reinstall the last code to see if it changes

2 weeks later
#694 3 years ago

That's awesome! I'll take one

Quoted from Pyromedic:

So, I got these three guys too. In the spirit of Gemutlichkeit, If anyone would like one for their OF!, post a pic of your game, and PM address, and I will ship you one for free. only have the three, and 1st dibs gets to pic which one.
Prost!

From Ebay.de
[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_20200531_111711963 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_111711963 (resized).jpg
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you have the latest code, try turning on Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation. Exit the service menu, THEN POWER CYCLE THE GAME.
Let us know if this helps.

This worked for me. I was about to change the pressure switch in my beer barrel. But then I changed the setting and it has been working fine ever since. And I still have my replacement pressure switch

#704 3 years ago

Is there any way to get a new Otto for the bar?

1 month later
#736 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

So, I got these three guys too. In the spirit of Gemutlichkeit, If anyone would like one for their OF!, post a pic of your game, and PM address, and I will ship you one for free. only have the three, and 1st dibs gets to pic which one.
Prost!

From Ebay.de
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got Aloisius in my game today!!!
Thank you Pyromedic

IMG_20201130_170459980_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20201130_170459980_HDR (resized).jpg
1 month later
#785 3 years ago

When my game did the never ending balls, it was due to the Beer Barrel trough switch. When it keeps shooting balls out, are there any in the locks? My fix was the menu setting for trough switches acting up, don't remember what it's called

3 months later
#927 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

the next code release.

Next code release!!!
Awesome
Can't wait

2 months later
#1043 2 years ago

Ferret Is there a rule sheet that can be downloaded and read? There is still so much I can't figure out through just playing. It would be nice to have a single source to reference to learn how to come up with a strategy that best fits my playing style

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Rule sheet, not really a strategy guide, but might help . . .
http://tiltforums.com/t/oktoberfest-pinball-on-tap-rulesheet/5353

That was helpful. Just a couple questions

So steins, calories, and # of ducks all add to point values in tents?

And, besides the Reclab Redrum stein, how do I increase the bonus multiplier?

1 week later
#1049 2 years ago

Sausage (resized).jpgSausage (resized).jpg
10 months later
#1228 1 year ago

I was wondering if there was a way to hook them up to the knocker.

3 months later
#1420 1 year ago

So what are your thoughts on the new code?
Is it fun? Are there bugs?

I'm still on the previous code. I needed to be sure the game works issue and bug free for this year's Oktoberfest. I plan on installing the new code closer to Halloween.

3 months later
#1572 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

That didn't take long, started getting random ball saves went I didn't have any, and the game rebooted on the game I was actually kicking ass on in the middle of a beer barrel multiball.
Did some testing and it was doing the same thing in corkscrew, it really hates when I get multiball.
I'll turn on the compensation but already out of the gate the beer is a little flat.
(Still love it though 100%}

Yeah. There is definitely a glitch during multiball s. When I'm in multiball and fire one in the beer barrel, it gets confused. Only way to fix is shut it down. This is with the lock compensation on

3 months later
#1790 1 year ago

Just played a two player game, not co-op, and couldn't enter initials for a new tent high score or total high score. Is this a known issue that is being addressed in a new code update?

1 week later
#1813 12 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Was told this issue was likely due to magnetized balls. I switched them all out entirely for new balls, no luck. Here's hoping I can get what is now my 4th major problem with my NIB game sorted out. Submitting a ticket to AP ASAP to see where we can go from here.
I have a LOT of fun playing this game when it works but this just kills it; sometimes I can get through 2-3 games if I am lucky, other times this happens in back to back games. It will remain powered off until I can properly diagnose what exactly the problem is.

Was there a ball in the beer barrel? Mine was doing that and was due to a bad barrel switch. Do you have Lock Compensation on? That might help

2 months later
#1947 9 months ago

Any updates on the code fix? Ferret
Still can't add high scores in multiplayer games. We have to play 2 or 3 single player games in case someone gets a high score. Kinda sucks playing this way

3 months later
#2065 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes, Hot Wheels and Oktoberfest are getting Scorbit support.

Are you fixing the problem of not being able to enter names for multi player games (non co op)?

1 month later
#2153 3 months ago

This score was good enough for 4th place on my game.

I STILL CAN'T ADD MY NAME TO THE LEADER BOARD ON A TWO PLAYER (NON CO-OP) GAME!!!!

Come On American! You Ruined this game 16 months ago! Fix your mistake!!! I keep hearing "It's coming"

It's Been 1 YEAR AND 4 MONTHS!!!

20240120_170206 (resized).jpg20240120_170206 (resized).jpg
#2156 3 months ago
Quoted from spoke:

That is more recent than Hot Wheels and Houdini. Fix promised Scorbit for HW back at expo 2022, but last HW update was a year before that oct 2021
Looking at their website, no way to know how long since the last Houdini update, as there is no Houdini code you can even download!!
Not like they are cranking out updates on GTF, as the last one of those was in August.

Fix has Over Promised and Under produced for 3 Years!! Can't believe a word that guy says. And God knows he sure talks A LOT. It's a shame what has become of AP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hop-Pac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=Hop-Pac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.