IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

A detail like this that is so crucial to gameplay should probably be announced to a new owner in a way that does not leave anything to chance, don't you think? There should even be an short attract animation for potentially future owners of the same game so that this vital message will be passed on to them as well. I have not unboxed this game but based on the above statement, I'm assuming there is little to nothing explaining to owners that the game absolutely needs to be set up this way to play properly. I may be wrong but that post should not have been necessary otherwise.

My guess is the person that set up the game in question wouldn't read anything anyway. Many operators overpitch their games to make the game play faster. Kind of like the old speed up kits that were applied to video games years ago. A location here in town opened up recently and all their games are overpitched, a few by as much as 2 degrees. Do you really think that operator cares about gameplay? Operators that care about gameplay will make inquiries if players can't make the left ramp shot, or if balls are flying off of wireforms. Those other guys? Don't waste your time with them.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not saying that one is offensive, just an example of one that you could question family friendly or not. I think most would be fine with that phrase for family friendly. While there is a clear sexual undertone to it, only if you are adult enough to get it,
vs say . . .
"I'm thinking of something right now that rhymes with VUK"
which I think a lot more folks would feel is not FF (although given the recent Supreme Court ruling . . .),
As far as "offensive", in respect to Robin and pinside guidelines, I will refrain from posting things I think are pushing the boundaries.
My point being, it is quite the challenge, and no matter what, I'm confident I will get emails and phone calls.

Just give an on/off for the non-family friendly and don't worry about the blowback. Those "offensive" phrases can't be more offensive or vulgar than Soprano's cursing frenzy mode and I never had any players complain about that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=BrianBannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.