IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Most of the time when people have ball tracking issues, it signifies an issue with the membrane switches in the Beer Barrel and/or Corkscrew locks.
Hope this helps!

Hi! Thanks for dropping by. I have a deluxe on order with Game Room Guys. I heard mention from interviews with AP that some elements of Oktoberfest could be changed for the next production run. Is this true and are they to address the membrane switches or is there any more light you could shine on what changes are in store? Thank you.

2 weeks later
#1232 1 year ago

This is disappointing. Both the delay and the lack of bug fixes. If that’s the case on both ends I might pass and use the cash to put towards that overpriced Toy Story turd. Waiting longer and getting a product with problems doesn’t sound fun. With Josh gone and AP moving to a new system I doubt code will be fixed. Ferret What say you?

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from domvertorix:

I'm in the same boat and you summed up my feelings exactly. I just hope AP does not pivot to the new design standard during this run.

Same boat x3. First time nib here too. An article said they’d be switching after this next run, but with the delay... I wonder. That would mean cutting back on the matching powder coating, sculpts, head design, etc that make it stand out.

#1238 1 year ago

Frustrating that communication and transparency are not any pinball company’s strong suit. I don’t mind waiting I just want to know and have my expectations set right. Don’t say one thing and do another either. Under promise and over deliver.

1 week later
#1252 1 year ago

Something in the settings. Custom attract picture. Probably added via jpeg file on clean USB stick.

3 weeks later
#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I forget on LOV but on HW that boots so fast! If classic starts using that hardware I might actually be interested in retrofitting it into my earlier Oktoberfest if it would be compatible. ("Whaaaaa! Slow booting! First world problems!)

I believe they already said no, that it’s a code and not hardware thing per se. That the code was re-written to speed things up on HW etc. and that wont be done for Oktoberfest.

#1302 1 year ago

Ferret Should I buy a used Oktoberfest for $7,200 or wait for the new title from AP? I own a HW and have a Cactus Canyon on order.

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Are these being sold again by distributors/in stock?

Pretty sure they should be hitting distributors in August. I had one on order but a minty fresh used one popped up locally. People on the list ahead of me were beginning to get ship notifications however.

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Seriously, though -- we try to produce a variety of games that we hope everyone loves. If you love our next game even more... well, preferably add it to your growing collection!

Thanks! I really enjoy the fast action and ruleset of HW (and oh, the light show!). As far as Oktoberfest goes, I love the theme and how it’s a more laid back casual shooter. Any insight into what style of gameplay to expect on the next one?

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Team play sounds awesome.
Was really hoping for 1 handed high scores and ability to swap the 1 handed buttons.

This x 1 million!

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Separate high scores for 2 player, 3 player, and 4 player teams would be awesome!

And high scores for one handed mode!

#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

but suspect there will be significant changes to the machine for any future releases.

Like cutting back on custom powdercoat and making the head the swoop design (All part of saving money and time)? Or are you suggesting improvements?

#1343 1 year ago

Could any of you OKT owners tell me if this game has any combo shots? I’ve only played it once on location and have watched some play through videos but can’t recall if any jackpots or modes etc require a combination or if most tents are single targets items. Looper, corkscrew, duck hunt, etc. Thanks!

#1344 1 year ago

Just thinking out loud here: The 180 ramp seems underutilized and offers little reward other than more magnabs (unless I’m mistaken). Tents that you enter are timed modes and eventually end whether or not you’ve successfully hit enough targets. Sometimes bad ball luck prevents you from getting shots on target in time (yes I know there’s a stein for that). My thought is about changing the code in such a way that staying in a tent is player’s choice and acts as a wagering system. A player may stay in a tent longer trying to accumulate more points but a drain during that mode loses all progress & points for that tent. Instead of timing out, the player could choose to exit the tent when they’ve had enough by hitting the 180 ramp! This way they’re wagering their points vs potential drain and cashing out when the reward is greater than the risk. If a player stays too long in a tent they could start to get drunken flippers and be “cut-off” thus adding to the risk/reward of overstaying your welcome.

My main goal is to make more use of the 180 and I think it becoming an exit point for a tent is a fun idea (similar to the TV shot in WCS94 or Sim Card in DI). Especially how it returns the ball to your flipper like you’re on your way out. Enter in the scoop, exit out the 180.

I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts.

#1352 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

On LOV the left scoop shot during a battle "adds more time" to that battle. Houdini also has an "add more time" by hitting the orbits. Maybe the 180 shot could be similar? If you are about to time out on the mode, hitting the 180 will add more time when you need it. As Big_Whoopin said, I too struggle hitting that shot.

I’m not sure if an “add time” shot on the 180 would interfere with the magnab people need to collect. I suppose if there was some other triggering event that occurred first to make the “add time” a special when lit shot on the 180 that could work. Two consecutive shots within a set timeframe on the 180? First = Mag, Second = Time (if hit back to back within ~15sec)?

I like the exit the tent idea better with an “unlimited” amount of time to wager your points based on the duration you can keep the ball in play up until the “drunken flippers” take over and you eventually get “cut off” and your flippers drop like Red Line Mania on HW.

1 week later
#1386 1 year ago

Y’all need to come to Frankenmuth, Michigan!

1 month later
#1434 1 year ago

Anyone have experience with this mustard? I usually go spicy brown or stone ground.

13EF95DD-05C2-4B16-A59B-94A16B15F560 (resized).jpeg13EF95DD-05C2-4B16-A59B-94A16B15F560 (resized).jpeg
#1437 1 year ago

Drinking this and thinking of our group. Happy Oktoberfest! See some resemblance to Otto?!

40625F2C-FBCB-43D7-BE17-5888C57DA4B3 (resized).jpeg40625F2C-FBCB-43D7-BE17-5888C57DA4B3 (resized).jpeg736E694A-0E06-47F9-8295-616B13BEB192 (resized).jpeg736E694A-0E06-47F9-8295-616B13BEB192 (resized).jpegB4AA05B2-FCC3-4DAC-8666-A14E9425D2EE (resized).jpegB4AA05B2-FCC3-4DAC-8666-A14E9425D2EE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks, but game arrived with a little damage. The apron is bent, didn't even notice until I could launch a ball since the playfield is too far forward. Also a minor chip in the magic glass and some scrappage on the rails. Guess I should give AP a call.

Not cool. API, I hope you can make this right bc I’m looking forward to the next title and if QC is down it’s a non starter. NIB should be a good experience. Sorry you’re going through this jaytrem

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Is there no high score tracking while in coop mode?

That’s my understanding

1 week later
#1479 1 year ago

Make sure to measure to the pillar on the headliner and not the reassessed roof section. That’s your lowest point. And +1 for not true fold flat seat awareness.

1 month later
#1537 1 year ago

API - “Figure it out!”

1 week later
#1558 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

It has arrived!!! And yes, I have one of Josh’s Otto’s to put in it too!
[quoted image]

Why, there could be anything in there. Maybe a bowling alley. Well not the whole damn alley. It’s a major award!

2471C68C-B8D9-4714-BCE0-5C959B32E20E.gif2471C68C-B8D9-4714-BCE0-5C959B32E20E.gif
1 week later
#1592 1 year ago

I really want to own an Oktoberfest but it feels like people are having a considerable amount of glitches to work through or put up with. Is this true for most? I certainly appreciate Ferret being here but unless more updates are planned I worry that these may go unresolved. Is this a result of different code being used for OKT than HW and forward? I think this is an amazing theme and I genuinely want to own one. I merely don’t want to be disappointed by having to troubleshoot rather than play. Are things mostly ironed out or expected to be or is it plagued by nagging issues?

#1598 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

#1603 1 year ago

I’m wondering if anyone knows about the knocker. Is it included on all models? Also, is the shaker a necessary accessory? Thanks.

#1604 1 year ago

Ferret what is the new addon board for? Just saw this in the support section. Trying to get my ducks in a row (pun intended) for buying a OKT.

982B0180-3867-40E5-8040-168A708863D3 (resized).jpeg982B0180-3867-40E5-8040-168A708863D3 (resized).jpeg
#1619 1 year ago

Your honesty is appreciated. Saw the direction of the build quality and removal of components and canceled my NIB. Only looking at HUO with older build dates as an option if I add one to the collection.

#1622 1 year ago

WTF?

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from crnkadirnk:

Is that for my experience of adding them as a whole or the 3A fuse aspect?

Quoted from crnkadirnk:

I see that the fuse table calls for a 6A, and AP had installed a 3A.

Just con”fused” is all.

1 week later
#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Where does the tent eject the ball on your machines? I spent a lot of time leveling my game and now it's spitting the ball SDTM.

Have you tried adjusting the power of the scoop up/down to change the trajectory?

#1645 1 year ago

^ the last three bugs mentioned are exactly the reason I haven’t bought this pin. Not those problems specifically, but the gremlins like them that seemingly live inside this game and pop out to say hi at inopportune times. I’m glad owners love this game, and I hope to be one of them some day, but these hiccups would drive me nuts.

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Despite having some issues, I certainly don't regret buying this game... so much stuff going on, yet with clear targets... and great humour... not to mention visually stunning... but that's just my personal opinion.

I know anybody who purchases something isn’t likely to admit regret or disappointment. So my apologies for causing doubt in the owners thread. I have both been on a dealer buy list (then cancelled) and negotiated for used OKT because I really wanted this game. My personal feelings, however, are that when I turn on a game to compete with friends or chill in my own headspace I want the game to work as expected. For the record, my API Hot Wheels runs flawlessly!

1 month later
#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

So I put my NIB Oktoberfest on route 3 weeks ago and people are enjoying it (even with DOA membrane switches lol) but I have had to replace 2 sets of magnetized pinballs. I had owned an Oktoberfest back in 2019 and don’t remember it being this bad!
Where have others purchased pinballs that have dealt with magnetism better than 40-50 games? I use carbon pinballs (nothing special). Thanks!

Maybe these? https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

1 week later
#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

yes the bar customers in tap-it and most of those walking around Oktoberfest are people from API, Ferret is in there, as his is better half Julie, and yes, I'm in there as well. Can't remember who else.

Darn it all I may have to get this pin after all ...

4 weeks later
#1806 12 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wunderbar! Prost!
[quoted image]

31EBB134-D179-46CD-9CB6-7217E24659E8.gif31EBB134-D179-46CD-9CB6-7217E24659E8.gif
#1817 11 months ago

Any AP folk know if there was ever an OKT prototype with an inner orbit rather than the newton ball/hammer feature next to Otto?
-
I feel like that space would really open up some flow with an additional ball path and return the ball to the side flipper for another chance at the barrel. Great for the pretzel mode too as the combo required could be “outer orbit, inner orbit” - & style. It would also be another way to feed the pops using the mag nab to drop into the TAP lanes.
-
I’d move the captive ball to where the tent entrance is and make the 180° ramp the tent scoop instead. I don’t see many people making use of the 180° as it is.

#1820 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

if it had some verticality to it just like the actual thing - then it would have been visible and totally amazing at the same time!

I know you’re looking for vertical ball action but this effect could’ve been achieved with an ascending LED light show up a post representing the strength of a captive ball hit towards the “bell”. A force sensor could have been used to detect the impact.

From the internet:
A Force Sensor is defined as a transducer that converts an input mechanical load, weight, tension, compression or pressure into an electrical output signal.
-
There are 4 key uses for Force sensors. They detect and measure:
*Force from an applied load
*Rate of change of a force load over time
*Force thresholds to trigger appropriate action
*Contact and/or touch

#1824 11 months ago

Looking to join the club if anyone has eyes on a used one near Michigan. Thx!

#1831 11 months ago

If barrel lock 3 is showing red, what’s the fix? TY

7E508DB4-3688-45E4-8506-FC2176915455 (resized).jpeg7E508DB4-3688-45E4-8506-FC2176915455 (resized).jpeg
#1834 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Red indicates the switch has not been hit in 30 games. Possible either it has not been hit in 30 games (but hard to see that as it will typically register a hit when the ball rolls down to the lock 2 and lock 1 positions), or it is defective membrane switch or a wiring issue. Roll balls into the barrel when in test and see if it registers or not. Odds are it is a stuck/bad membrane switch, but you might want to check the wiring. There is a small board that mates the membrane switch to a cable from a switch board. Check both connectors are properly connected.

Amazing! Thank you Josh. This is currently happening on a machine I’m hoping to buy. It has low plays so there is potential for your “not in 30” solution. Fingers crossed that I’ll be in the “Fest” family soon!

#1836 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Unfortunately, more likely the membrane switch, which have been problematic, so plan/pay accordingly.

Seems thats the way we’re headed. Will a replacement permanently solve this or will it be plagued by a recurring fault?

#1838 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Wish I could promise you that a replacement would be permanent (or at least "really long time") but can't say that for sure. :/

Well let’s hope a replacement works because I’m going to need it!

B8B70CC6-74C1-42D7-8207-BD8EACA3D979 (resized).jpegB8B70CC6-74C1-42D7-8207-BD8EACA3D979 (resized).jpeg
#1842 11 months ago

Heads up Ferret I ordered two membrane switches as well as some flipper rubbers and target decals and they were sent in a small bubble mailer with no protection. One wire was pretty crimped and everything else was just sliding around on the switches inside the envelope. I was smart enough to cut open the package carefully but someone could’ve easily sliced through the flexible ribbon if they hadn’t been paying attention. For an $80 piece of sensitive electronics I figured there would be some additional insulation around them or ship in a solid box so they dont get crushed by the delivery service.

#1844 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. I was warned that this is how they all look in that latest builds.

I’ll admit seeing the recent production NIB games is the reason why I went looking for a version from 2019. My barrel has faux woodgrain sculpted into the print as well as the appropriate coloration/texture for a keg. Additionally, Otto is either in a much higher resolution or someone took their time smoothing out the print lines before final paint. Good job bringing yours back to life!

#1854 11 months ago

My helper getting the membrane switch swapped out!

049157D7-5F89-42A5-8C29-650F190091BB (resized).jpeg049157D7-5F89-42A5-8C29-650F190091BB (resized).jpegFBD8CB6B-823D-4CD2-AF8D-4A6DF418C870 (resized).jpegFBD8CB6B-823D-4CD2-AF8D-4A6DF418C870 (resized).jpeg
#1855 11 months ago

Hit a snag. This “pinix login” keeps looping vs. booting. Please help!
-
For context I was on code 19.x.x and updated to the newest 22.x.x Then this happened.
-
Resolved! Erased and Reformatted USB stick. It was brand new and empty but clearly had some fragments hiding...
7529C8AB-D4B9-445F-9BC8-90E35F4707DB (resized).jpeg7529C8AB-D4B9-445F-9BC8-90E35F4707DB (resized).jpeg

#1860 11 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Whats the story with new Oktoberfest's? suppose to be different versions scaled back last I heard.

I thought fewer speakers, uniform head design, changes to the sculpts. I’ve yet to see a head shaped differently though.

#1865 11 months ago

While I agree that Oktoberfest's playfield artwork isn't as homogenous or aesthetically pleasing as other games considered to be beautiful, I appreciate its eclectic nature. Much like that found at any large fair, the playfield is a collective mix of colors and graphics that evokes a carnival atmosphere for me.

Higher resolution would’ve been nice

1 week later
#1870 10 months ago

Does anyone know why I would be getting major feedback through the speakers every time the shaker fires? It’s an audible buzz/hum tone at the intensity and lasting the duration of the pulse.
-
Disabling shaker in the settings eliminates the distortion. How can I fix this so that the game works as it should with the rumble but no feedback?

#1872 10 months ago
Quoted from Skilame:

I've been having the same issue. Sometimes it goes away on its own.

It’s present with and without the noise filter in-line. I bypassed that to see if it would resolve. No joy. Somehow the amplifier is getting a signal tied to the shaker. Seems mostly produced by the top two stereo speakers. Ferret rosh Any suggestions?

#1874 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Only other thing I would check is that all the speaker cables (computer -> filter, filter -> amp, amp -> speakers) are nice and tight, so that it's not a matter of the shaker vibrating a wiggly connection.
Beyond that, I'd suggest filing a service ticket here: <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> ... always a good idea if you have problems with your game, just to get the ball rolling.
Has your machine always had this problem, or did it just start recently?

Double and triple checked connections. Will do re: ticket. Vibration doesn’t cause the distortion (ala loose connection) the impulse of the motor (power surge) seems to somehow transfer and be made audible through the speakers. The machine is relatively new to me and both membrane switches needed to be replaced to get the multiballs to work. Therefore I am only just now experiencing the anomaly, but as Skilame mentioned about his, mine too has intermittently resolved itself for a short time but shows up again after a power cycle. The only thing that changed recently is that I added the topper lighting kit from the API website. Removing the new LED connection doesn’t eliminate the problem.

#1875 10 months ago

Does everyone’s machine make a pretty loud electronic pop from the speakers when flipping on the power switch?
-
I have short videos of all the above that I’ll upload and share links to later.

#1878 10 months ago

Ok. Took the monitor off and unplugged everything. Checked all the connections and brought more slack out in a few spots. I separated audio cables from power cords to eliminate EMI/RF signals crossing. Everything is back together with the shaker turned on and it seems to like whatever I did. Thanks Ferret and LTG
-
BTW Ferret, I somehow managed to hit a post off the plunge then nailed the upper flipper into the beer barrel. The game was a little surprised and stayed on the skill shot screen rather than playing the lock animation (call out worked). I don’t think it expected a barrel lock as the first switch hit during a plunge.

1 week later
#1901 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I went through the online manuel and didnt see any wiring diagram. Anyone know which 2 of the 4 GI wires are power?

Stick your tongue on each of them 2 at a time until you find out. J/K

1 week later
#1914 10 months ago

Co-op/team high score save?

#1916 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Oktoberfest v22.09.19 added team play.

But there isn’t saved leaderboards for it.

#1917 10 months ago

Ferret- Could you add an adjustment for ball search time please? Sometimes I noticed the membrane switches didn’t register a locked ball fast enough and it would trigger a search. Thus causing a double ball feed and losing track of the ball in play. If we could delay search by a second or two the game wouldn’t release locks or put a ball in the shooter lane so quickly and the game would sort itself. User adjustable please. (However, since replacing both membrane switches this hasn’t been a problem as they detect fast enough).

#1920 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ballderdash - I don't think I understand. Ball search doesn't trigger until ~20 seconds of inactivity. Are you saying there's some scenario where that causes a problem, but everything would be OK at 22 seconds of inactivity? I'm having a hard time picturing that case.

FYI, since replacing the membrane switch this hasn’t been an issue. But for the record I’ll share more of what I experienced.
-
It happened when I was testing the corkscrew membrane switches. Lock 1 and Lock 2 registered but 3 was intermittent. If I shot the ramp and locked two balls, the third would go up and sit on the switch but not register right away. With the glass off I would apply pressure with my finger on top of ball 3 and the lock would register its position. However, before the roller coaster animation and light show finished (long cutscene) and released the balls, ball search or something else would kick in and eject a ball into the shooting lane and auto plunge. So I don’t know if the coaster lock switches are coded to act as a “hit” and restart the 20 second timer or not but somehow there’s an interaction between them and feeding another ball if the rest are not detected or released in time. Could the time it takes to detect a lock plus the time waiting for the multiball graphics to play out cause this? Are the lock switches coded to register a hit and reset the ball search timer? Füd for thought...

3 weeks later
#1934 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Last one, I promise. I replaced the T-molding with an oak woad grain, to give a more old world Bavarian feel.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wunderbar!

#1944 9 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

WOW! Where did you get the tiny ducks over the Duck targets!
Well done!

Agreed. First the beer fraus, now the ducks. We need a link please!

#1948 9 months ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Any updates on the code fix? Ferret
Still can't add high scores in multiplayer games. We have to play 2 or 3 single player games in case someone gets a high score. Kinda sucks playing this way

If mode = team, when result = end of game, only when point value is > than previous saved value, then insert high score entry display for cooperative leaderboard. PS - I don’t know how to code. Lol.

2 weeks later
#1955 8 months ago

I might as well start planning now (albeit late). This time of year always sneaks up on me. Who here organizes or attends large scale Oktoberfest events in the midwest? If you could point me in the direction of the land of lederhosen, polka, wurst, and bier I’d be much obliged. Seeing how I probably wont get to Germany any time soon I’d love to attend something locally to celebrate the season. Any info helps!

#1956 8 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Anybody do any indoor plinking?

Love shooting galleries! So upset that Cedar Point (roller coaster park in OH) has removed both of theirs. I don’t know where to get my fix these days. Do some Cabelas or Great Outdoors/Bass Pro shops have them? A home one would be great but what are you thinking for your setup?

#1959 8 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It might be a bit of a hike for you, but last I checked, Knoebel's still has a shooting gallery, along with a bunch of other very cool old-time games -- Fascination is always popular. Super cool amusement park.

This place looks great! Thanks for the suggestion. We have family in PA so that could work.
https://www.knoebels.com/play/games

#1961 8 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Knoebel's is like stepping back in time. Totally different experience from Cedar Point (which I lovvvvvve) but so much fun.

I know I’d love it but I can imagine the blast my kids would have too with those games. Those are the ones that brought me such joy as a kid. All the midway games (even if there are any) now, are crap. And the people running the games are uninspiring. Not the experience I want my kids having so we’ve skipped those of late at CP. Knoebels looks like a great place to make memories.

#1964 8 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

I have to think frankenmuth has some type of an Oktoberfest celebration. Be shocked if they don’t.

I thought about that. We’ve been there many times during the rest of the year but never for the festival season. It’s a bit touristy for my liking and wondered if the holiday celebration would follow suit. I’ll look into it though. Thanks Josh!

#1965 8 months ago

Didn’t someone in this thread host an Oktoberfest event in Wisconsin? I seem to remember them posting pictures of all their spent kegs behind a shed.

#1968 8 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I play in a German Oktoberfest style band in Indianapolis

Thanks for the pointers and sharing your firsthand knowledge. Looking good!

32A24B7F-B04C-4D51-AD4A-F2CCACE174C5 (resized).jpeg32A24B7F-B04C-4D51-AD4A-F2CCACE174C5 (resized).jpeg
#1971 8 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

I have to think frankenmuth has some type of an Oktoberfest celebration. Be shocked if they don’t.

Checking out the festival page the event looks to exceed my expectations! Also has an impressive history...
“Lord Mayor Christian Ude and the German Parliament from Munich gave an official proclamation in 1996. Frankenmuth's Oktoberfest was declared the first Oktoberfest to operate with the blessing of the original Oktoberfest in Munich.”
...And they have wiener dog races!
https://frankenmuthfestivals.com/frankenmuth-oktoberfest

1DFBF205-C5F6-4EE8-B58B-13E6A3AADD0E (resized).jpeg1DFBF205-C5F6-4EE8-B58B-13E6A3AADD0E (resized).jpeg
#1972 8 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I also have a small store that sells German themed shirts and gifts. It's not really a source of income for me, I just do it for fun. Website is luckylions.us - I made a discount code for you guys that runs through Oktoberfest season. Code Pinside will take 15% off.

Great shop! Definitely ordering some this evening.

#1975 8 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

If you want to come a little bit further south, Alpine Helen Georgia is great for Oktoberfest.
Only 30 minutes from me!
https://helenchamber.com/oktoberfest/

This looks great too! Decided I’m going to Frankenmuth on the 14th. We have friends in Cumming, GA so maybe I could arrange a later trip since the festival in GA runs for a few weeks? Is that right?

#1995 8 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

IKR! Would pay to have one made.

Episode 115 of Loserkid pinball podcast talked about bootlegging translites for the JP30 machine. I’m sure we could track down who they were talking about using and get them to produce the OKT one. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/loserkid-pinball-podcast/id1449340535?i=1000624770191

#1997 8 months ago

I’m in. Group buy?

#1998 8 months ago

Are we talking about this graphic?

61739BA2-CCAA-41BC-B9E8-4CB715293305 (resized).jpeg61739BA2-CCAA-41BC-B9E8-4CB715293305 (resized).jpeg
#2000 8 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

The “Bad Monkey” glass
[quoted image]

Anyone have a way of getting a scan from an original glass or have the graphic’s image file? PM me for secret squirrel stuff

#2008 8 months ago
Quoted from Wizkid93:

I'm assuming it's the bottom one, the trough kicker will not fire unless I do so manually in test mode, and single switch test will not acknowledge any action on the coin door switches.
The bottom one the connector was a little loose, I made sure it was connected, still nothing.

So you checked the connections on the door switch side but what about tracing back the wire to where it connects to a board on the underside of the playfield/power supply? Chances are something tugged it loose back inside the cabinet when you lifted it. Check both ends

1 week later
#2021 7 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

There's ZERO "Key posts" in this thread which is quite unusual for an owners thread.
I recently acquired an OKT and no way, no how, can I get up the left ramp. I read that the feet should be basically buried on all four legs. I lowered the rear feet. Still can't get one ball to finish the left ramp. Any other issues known? Should I crank up left flipper power or something?

Corkscrew ramp? If you’re trying to backhand that ramp from the leff flipper then that’s pretty much impossible.

#2026 7 months ago

I cannot shoot the left (corkscrew) ramp with my right flipper.

There’s also a setting in menu to enable a coil boost on the right flipper when the ball is trapped up. Additionally I believe the newest code defaults the right flipper coil strength higher when the corkscrew ramp drops for a feed. There might be individual power settings you can adjust for these scenarios.

#2029 7 months ago

Ok, thank you very much. Appreciated.
I’ll start rooting around in settings

Not a bad idea to reset everything to factory defaults and start over with adjustments. There’s a setting for that as well.

2 weeks later
#2033 7 months ago

Kicking it off with a tapping tonight @ 7pm! I’m pulling in now.

43B327F2-523B-470C-80A2-32BD9E2C5641 (resized).jpeg43B327F2-523B-470C-80A2-32BD9E2C5641 (resized).jpeg
#2034 7 months ago

More to come!

3B1C4225-3314-42AB-844E-9C82DAD02A06 (resized).jpeg3B1C4225-3314-42AB-844E-9C82DAD02A06 (resized).jpeg
#2035 7 months ago

O’zapft is!CC22CF37-7500-4A1E-9807-B575D00FE6B2 (resized).jpegCC22CF37-7500-4A1E-9807-B575D00FE6B2 (resized).jpegD1690177-BF26-4271-9CBF-09A7C2FACB9E (resized).jpegD1690177-BF26-4271-9CBF-09A7C2FACB9E (resized).jpeg 2D475014-02C8-4D5E-B3F4-C1F42F6F4CC1 (resized).jpeg2D475014-02C8-4D5E-B3F4-C1F42F6F4CC1 (resized).jpeg

#2036 7 months ago

ein Prosit! Thanks rosh for the suggestion. We’re glad we went. Thursday had some great music, food, and friends. Definitely less crowded than I hear it gets on the weekend. Nice not having to stand in lines or shoulder to shoulder all the time. We met the troop from Austria (Alpine Palooza) who does the crazy dances and gets the crowd into spirit. I took fewer pictures than I had planned since we were having such a good time. Happy Oktoberfest everyone! Prost!AC03C3FC-CB04-4020-83B3-126AC75DCAB1 (resized).jpegAC03C3FC-CB04-4020-83B3-126AC75DCAB1 (resized).jpeg8D2CE837-8FC6-4C44-AE6B-DFBA7BD7DF1B (resized).jpeg8D2CE837-8FC6-4C44-AE6B-DFBA7BD7DF1B (resized).jpegFEA6E129-F094-4654-9CDA-4D31510A10B8 (resized).jpegFEA6E129-F094-4654-9CDA-4D31510A10B8 (resized).jpeg86C19F13-2E0C-4927-A999-96E6FD97AD6C (resized).jpeg86C19F13-2E0C-4927-A999-96E6FD97AD6C (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2046 6 months ago
Quoted from dendew:

Potential new owner of Oktoberfest...coil stop change a must have for upper right flipper it sounds like, also, I assume there is only one version of this but sometimes when games are posted some say standard and some say deluxe. Are there actually 2 versions? Thx.

Standard/Classic = base game
Deluxe = added shaker motor, knocker, and magic glass.
-
Both have art blades and the topper.
-
Keep in mind API has changed the naming system in the last year and what they call deluxe now isn’t the same as what it was originally. The new ones being produced may not have the additional items mentioned above. Also newer builds may have fewer speakers than before and there was talk of doing away with the brown powder coating for a more generic black rail instead.

2 weeks later
#2054 5 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Are these shooter rods interchangeable with stern shooter rods?

I’d be in the market for a cool shooter

1 week later
#2058 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's still coming, but (just in the interest of transparency) Hot Wheels update will be coming first.

Totally epic!

#2062 5 months ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Pretty happy with how this turned out! About $250 total in taps, display and AP lighting kit. Whatcha think?
[quoted image]

I dig it. Always thought some tap handles would look good up there. Thanks for showing us your creation.

1 week later
#2070 4 months ago

Watching a Christmas favorite tonight. Which Kenosha kicker is our accordion playing Oktoberfest musician?

CF00B721-80A3-4258-97FA-CFF168DF9EB9 (resized).jpegCF00B721-80A3-4258-97FA-CFF168DF9EB9 (resized).jpeg
#2072 4 months ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Ordering some fresh pinballs for my collection. The Oktoberfest manual doesn’t say how many balls I need so I had to remove the lock bar and look at the sticker (six balls). Artificial intelligence wasn’t helpful, LOL…
[quoted image]

Reminds me of the Holy hand grenade, lol

239E4015-8906-4213-9BA0-339F18C6FF39 (resized).jpeg239E4015-8906-4213-9BA0-339F18C6FF39 (resized).jpeg
#2080 4 months ago

Thanks for the info guys. I have an uncle about 30 mins from where he performs. I may have to drop in next time I’m through those parts!

#2081 4 months ago

A steal for anyone searching for an OKT
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/168804

2 weeks later
#2110 4 months ago

Someone remind me again how fun this game is?! I love seeing this thread light up.

#2114 4 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Love that Shutzenfest pin!
I would love a pin of each stein in the game, or even a mini stein of each:
Mender Stout
Reclab Redrum Stout
FreakShow Rooster
Frosty Ferret
Ish Pale Ale
Sloshed Rosh Lager
Kernenmeister
Castrated Monkey
Engler Pale Ale
Not’n Roht’n
Buschbrau
I did find this on Etsy a while back and added it to my hat.
[quoted image]

I feel like a graphic T-shirt with the steins on them would be doable. Maybe we’d need some source files for high res images.

#2118 4 months ago

Thanks for the backstory on the pops and steins! Sherlock would still capture my attention...

#2120 4 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Frohe Weihnachten!

Nice work!

#2122 4 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Got this koozie designed to hold a maß bier, turns out a pingulp fits perfect!
[quoted image]

Nice! I like that shooter too. Haven’t seen it before.

#2126 3 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

For those of you that have had beer barrel lock problems has anyone simply taken the barrel off (only 4 screws) and monitored what is going on? Worked on an Okto last week that was reporting lock issues. It was assumed it might be time to replace the membrane switches. On investigation what I found was the locking post plate was not closing as far as I believe it should have and the switches were all still testing fine. The post plate was definitely not flush against the ball trough when closed. This allowed the first ball to sometimes push the holding post a bit out of the way and allow the first ball, and any subsequent balls behind it, to roll forward of the switches. If you ever have issues where the beer barrel balls drop out when they shouldn't, particularly if they shoot right through or get knocked through when a new ball enters, this could very well be your issue. Still not an optimal design with the membrane switches, but it's what we've got... for the moment.
If adjusting this plate and how far the post goes into the trough make sure you test before buttoning things up that you haven't impacted it releasing balls when it is supposed to open. I remember troubleshooting the roller coaster lock on an early Okto and we had accidentally tweaked things to the point where the post wouldn't open far enough to release a ball.

Had that issue on the rollercoaster lock. I thought adjusting the stop post would correct the alignment with (and therefore functionality of) the membranes. Unfortunately they were glitchy regardless and needed to be replaced. A new set resolved all the lost ball and odd lock release issues.

2 weeks later
#2142 3 months ago

Its going to take some tweaking to get the ball path balanced. One thing I noticed is the difference in the support rings of your habitrail to mine. My rings have cut outs and yours are full circles. My yellow ramp fits under the wireform and yours presses on it. Getting clearance so that there’s no tension on the beer barrel lock ramp will improve its reliability. It needs to be leveled.

DFBB50D9-21A4-4B29-85BF-A6FABCAFCECD (resized).jpegDFBB50D9-21A4-4B29-85BF-A6FABCAFCECD (resized).jpeg
#2143 3 months ago

Adjusting the VUK slide is your only way to make room. As someone mentioned raising it up would help but even loosening and adjusting the standoffs and supports will give you some freedom of movement to take pressure off the beer barrel ramp.

254A5F08-F111-4670-994D-9193FC2E145C (resized).jpeg254A5F08-F111-4670-994D-9193FC2E145C (resized).jpeg9FC27E54-4DC0-4237-9896-E7F7189F6A4E (resized).jpeg9FC27E54-4DC0-4237-9896-E7F7189F6A4E (resized).jpeg
#2144 3 months ago

I had mine all apart to replace that rubber between the bar and the VUK (not fun) so I know that fitting it all back and making work is trial and error and fine tuning of placement and tension.

#2150 3 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Thanks everyone, I've tried the cover on the turn and making my own wedge in that spot in the past but they havent helped? I agree the wire form needs to be leveled and these are some good ideas raising and loosening the vux. I hadn't thought of that! I'll let u know how it goes!

Just note that when fixing the barrel ramp by adjusting the sky slide wireform I solved one problem and created another. The VUK needed a boost to it’s power to get up and over the bend and when I didn’t have the path level the ball fell off the track halfway down the playfield. So make sure to test the sky slide before closing up the machine otherwise you’ll be pulling glass to fix that. *Heads up that there are thin washers between the standoff posts and wireform anchors. So when you loosen or remove the nuts keep an eye out for those thin discs slipping out.

#2159 3 months ago

Anyone have extra membrane switches I could buy?

#2161 3 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Hi All. I am considering buying an Oktoberfest. What are some things I should ask the current owner about the game before buying? By that I mean specific issues that people have seen. Thanks.

Glass off roll balls into each of the locks. Make sure all membrane switches recognize the ball positions in the barrel and the roller coaster. You can do this during a game or in the switch test. Seeing the balls lock and release for multiball would be a good vote of confidence.

#2165 88 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah this seems to be the most "vulnerable" part of this game since replacements aren't easy to get. Hopefully AP get some more in stock, as although mine are working now, I would like to have a couple of spares. Even better would be some sort of rollover switch replacement - would it even be possible?

rosh says he has a replacement prototype but his project is on the back burner for now.

1 week later
#2170 79 days ago

A steal if someone is looking. *not my machine, btw

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/171931

#2175 79 days ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I had messaged that seller way back when. He hadn't disclosed decal damage (you can see it in the pics of you look) and a missing leg bolt (not a huge deal, but worth mentioning in your ad or spending a few bucks to replace before the sale). Once those were mentioned (only after my asking) I was unsure as to the rest of the condition. I offered $5k or maybe $5500 at that point (can't remember) as I'd be driving 300 miles for it and he declined. Found one locally for a good deal and never looked back. Also, that was back in November, so I wonder if people have gone to see it and found more issues than the few that were disclosed? Either way, love the pin and for what I wound up paying, STILL a great deal

I didn’t realize this was that same seller/pin that’s come around a few times. I’d definitely want to deal with someone straight forward and honest rather than get burned by a “good deal”.

1 week later
#2197 70 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Helga will be very happy
[quoted image]

Inga. But I wont tell you were cheating on her.

#2199 69 days ago

ha! I'll drop in the phantom edit on that one Long day, but Helga, and Inga are both welcome over and will be excited for the fixed double loop

And they’ll both be happy that you can “keep it up” now.

#2200 68 days ago

5 great pins. Look which one is on.

E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpegE219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
#2202 66 days ago

Viggin900 Did you ever get your beer barrel ramp and VUK to play nice together?

2 weeks later
#2213 49 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hi just joined the club this afternoon -Prost!
I spent the last hour going insane in the membrane reading about membrane switches because our first hour of test games on this Dec ‘22 build with 500 plays on it we were experiencing locking a ball in the barrel but sometimes it wouldn’t kick a ball out into the shooter lane, yet it would say to shoot the ball.
It seems most I read in the thread was talking more about random multiball madness due to these membranes, and the software setting to compensate…until you buy more insane membranes, and magnetized balls etc… but I didn’t seem to find anything about the symptoms I’m describing.
I just got this game to put into my 63 tap craft beer store/bar and straight out of the gate I’m wondering if I made a mistake for location due to these Cypress Hill switches?
Thanks for any advise!

Congrats on the pickup! Check to see if the setting for release balls/locks at end of game is enabled. Good idea to have that on so no balls stay sitting on the switches in between games which may otherwise cause the switch to stick closed.

Go into switch test mode, and with the glass off, roll balls into all the locks. Check to see if each position registers and holds green.

During a game when you lock in the barrel does the ball trough coil make an attempt to kick a ball into the lane? You should be able to hear it firing if it’s doing what it should. If it’s trying but failing you may have magnetized balls or the machine isn’t level. Alternatively you can try increasing the coil power to get the ball up and out.

I would also verify you are on the most recent code. Game should be software version 22.09.19 When I bought mine the previous owner had never updated the machine. If you need the latest it’s available here https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Finally, if it is a glitchy membrane switch acting up, they’re fairly easy to replace and when I installed new sets in my machine it got rid of all the problems.

#2218 48 days ago

primarily due to all the messy adhesive that needs to be removed.

This is true. I was particular and removed all the previous residue from the metal before applying the new sticky circuit board. However, I’m sure it could be overlaid directly onto the old adhesive for someone less picky.

#2221 48 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hey thanks again for your input.

Glad I could help and happy to hear you’re up and running!

1 week later
#2245 40 days ago
Quoted from SNES:

I have been reading through this whole thread and it sounds like the biggest issue people have results around the membrane switches. I have been in contact with someone that can potentially help make a replacement for these that will be much more reliable. I’m hoping some people here may be able to help us out!
Does anyone have a spare membrane switch (working or not) they would be willing to send?
I know this is a longer shot, but does anyone have a spare corkscrew or beer barrel trough they would be willing to send?
Does anyone know the details of this white connector in the picture? What is it called? The thought being we would like to plug a male connector into the female directly.
Anything shipped in would be returned. I just don’t live near my contact and don’t want to take my game apart and make it unplayable. Having too much fun with it!
Thanks everyone!
[quoted image]

I may be able to provide a flaky membrane switch. Saved it just in case after replacing with new.

#2247 39 days ago
Quoted from SNES:

Does anyone know the details of this white connector in the picture? What is it called? The thought being we would like to plug a male connector into the female directly.
[quoted image]

rosh might know since he had some thoughts on improving the lock.

3 weeks later
#2262 18 days ago

Any tips btw to get this to load faster, faster SSD? Upgraded Micro PC? It's my slowest booting game at the house.

It has more to do with the code. Apparently they re-wrote the entire sequence starting with Hot Wheels in order to make it faster. My HW could boot 4 times in the time OKT loads once.

#2264 17 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hi is this most recent code with co-op mode known to have issues freezing up?
I got this game for location & it was pretty much new with only 500 plays and newer build, first had issues and thought it was membrane switch but it was magnetized balls. Seemed fine and put it in our beer store and within first week had reports of it freezing up and having to power off/on. Now still getting issues of freezing up and I'm being told they're hearing lost ball protocol too but not finding a ball.
So could this meant that membrane switch is indeed messing up and if so can that cause the game to freeze up and have to be powered down? Thanks

Possibly yes. Talk to LTG to be sure. Check setting is ON for “lock switch compensation” that may help. Membranes do some funky crap when they mess up. I have mentioned about taking the glass off and rolling a ball into each of the locks during a switch test to see that they register. If ball 1,2, or 3 in the barrel or coaster lock doesn’t actuate or is finicky there might be an issue with that membrane. Switch test screen and lock compensation for starters.

#2277 11 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Ok so this Freeze Up just happened to me, was on ball 2, no multiball locks & just normal play and the machine froze): backbox light out and flippers dead and just these handful of inserts lit. Have to power off and back on, and this is the version I’m on.
This is not ok behavior for on location so thanks for any help!

Is it possibly an issue with the high voltage interlock switch behind the coin door? If that trips you’d lose power to the coils etc. LTG

1 week later
#2284 42 hours ago

Got my highest score yet last night. Probably not as good as many of you but was enough to take second on Best of the Fest for my machine. Also got Speedy Scoring Champ and Beer Barrel Champ. Fun times! Finally figuring out some techniques. Never letting this one go.

IMG_1833 (resized).jpegIMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
#2287 40 hours ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Anyone else have any ideas on this for me?
It’s been over a week since I submitted a service email to AP and still no reply.
Thanks

Josh is the one who programmed this machine. If he’s saying computer hardware based, that’s what I would trust. Is the freeze repeatable? Does it happen after a certain length of time that the machine is on? Does it happen if you shake the cabinet? If it were me I’d remove the backglass and unscrew the monitor. Gain access to the computer and check all the connections. Free up slack and make sure no wires are pinched or pulling out of their ports. Keep pestering AP. Call or email Maurice. LTG should also be able to escalate your ticket.

IMG_1866 (resized).jpegIMG_1866 (resized).jpeg
#2291 38 hours ago

I’m sorry. I guess I don’t understand how this works.

IMG_1878 (resized).jpegIMG_1878 (resized).jpeg
#2293 33 hours ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would suspect since Maurice sends parts, there is sensitive information in there like credit cards, that there is no reason for me to be in there.
Still three phones, email, and people stopping in. I do remote tech support, but can't send parts. Same for other companies I help or have helped.
LTG : )

My experience in the forums has been seeing you bump it up the chain when people haven’t heard a response. Maybe that was just for CGC. My mistake for suggesting it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=Ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.