IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to test/fix a “bar hit” switch? I can’t even find the switch :/.

0EEBEE66-7CD4-4FB5-9688-AFA0927F0BDA (resized).jpeg0EEBEE66-7CD4-4FB5-9688-AFA0927F0BDA (resized).jpeg
#240 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can download it here : http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-7/Oktoberfest-Manual-new.pdf
On the website : american-pinball.com go to Support - Resources - Oktoberfest
LTG : )

Ty for the response! I should have been more clear as usual . I checked the manual, and I see the switch, but since there is no physical switch I can’t find it on the underside of the playfield. I assume it is some sort of Eddie sensor, but the underside of the playfield doesn’t really have anything there :/.

6A723563-15B3-468B-A6A9-6D9751CA0891 (resized).jpeg6A723563-15B3-468B-A6A9-6D9751CA0891 (resized).jpeg
#242 4 years ago

Yep, I will . Thanks again!!

#249 4 years ago

Is it possible that the new code is fleshing out this issue? Now that you describe it, I'll tell you I have been using a playfield protector since day one and I've never seen the API cockpit recommend that there is a switch issue. The way the protector is cut, the ball could have never literally made contact with the metal plate in the playfield because the protector covers it. I had always just assumed that it was some kind of eddie sensor and that the plate was basically an antenna for it.

I am now wondering if my game has never fully worked due to the playfield protector I installed. That said, the switch warning is new. I can confirm that because I have a picture from the first time I serviced the machine in June.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_309a (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_309a (resized).jpg
#252 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It is possible the ball is completing the circuit when entering the bar, so would not show up as a switch error.
Covering the metal plate is going to limit how often bar will be open. Also as Lloyd stated important to keep both the plate and door surfaces clean.

Ok, I am going to cut the protector away and see if that improves it. Thank you for the info! I can’t believe I never knew this. :/

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

aniraf, who sold you your playfield protector?

I bought it from https://www.playfield-protectors.com/. I've grown to like them as my overflow machines are in a bar and it gives me some peace of mind.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

you may need to cut it away at least an inch around the plate, to reduce the skipping when it comes off the protector

Yeah, I was certainly thinking about that. I've had some luck using a butane torch and warming the plastic to smooth it out. That allows me to both cut and clean the edge. I have certainly run into issues with the protectors even though they are super thin. A ball with just the right amount of speed and get stuck on the protector lip. I work really hard to make that impossible on my games.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Can anyone tell me if this is the same size as a stern or jjp? Want folded down dimensions to make sure itll fit in my car

It is not the same but it is close. I last time I measured it was within .5 inches on width and I think length was the same.

1 month later
#311 4 years ago

I've started to get two issues happening pretty regularly now.

1) The left flipper feels fairly week at the default value of 28. I inspected the coil stop and sleeve, everything seems good. I upped the flipper power to 30 and it feels great again, but on the right side it is at 26 yet still feels great.

2) I am getting random ball launches when switching to new players. The machine does not appear to be in any strange state or register any switch impact. It isn't reproducible via anything I've tested.

#2 I've had before and I've read posts of other people having similar issues.

Does anyone have suggestions?

#314 4 years ago

Good tips, thanks Paul_from_Gilroy and @ltg! I'll report back. I need to check that coil sleeve too. Could just be worn.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

don't hesitate to reach out to Barry with any technical questions https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/
he doesn't browse these forums as much as some of us, but he is always eager to help!

Yeah, totally...he has been a huge help for me. I post here just to get peer information before I tap AP's resources. I'll let you guys know if it turns into something bigger .

Thanks!

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's a great tech. And the best there is with AP pins ! If you see him at a show or at AP, say hi. Great guy too.
LTG : )

I just assume that it is impossible to see anyone at shows and that all of you are figments of my imagination . I hear talk of people meeting up all of the time and I'm like...huh, that is a real person?

1 week later
#323 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the bar door sticking or grinding? Mine is getting stuck in a few positions and making a kind of grinding sound when trying to open or close. I can replicate this in the bar door test mode.

#326 4 years ago

Awesome! I'll try to grab a video and email it to Barry...I am sure we can wait until after the holiday.

#331 4 years ago

Here is what the bar door issue looks like if anyone needs comparison. I emailed Barry already so I am sure I will get it fixed.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Actually, strike that, mine is opening now fully every time without problem and closing as well.

Haha, maybe my post fixed it.

1 year later
#941 2 years ago

I’m having an issue where my coaster ramp won’t lock down. It will pulse when I run the test, but the hold doesn’t work. Any ideas?

#942 2 years ago

Otto spins like the exorcist when the game is in a rest state. I cannot figure out wtf is going on here!! I found a couple of switches that were over sensitive, but nothing major. Here is a picture of the switch test screen when it has been just entered.

5DD98034-3D50-42ED-A8D2-4B139803AEBD (resized).jpeg5DD98034-3D50-42ED-A8D2-4B139803AEBD (resized).jpeg
#944 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is the left orbit switch stuck? It may be why the ramp isn't locking down, thinking there is a ball behind it.

Ughh, good call! I don't know why I didn't see that after working on it today. I'm going to try to get back to the bar tomorrow and take a look at that switch. Thank you!!

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the left orbit switch, which is the lower opto at the start of the orbit/ramp is also the 'ramp down' switch, so if that looks closed to the code, as it does in your switch test, it thinks the ramp is down. Check that the opto are properly connected into the bracket and check that is properly plugged into the opto connection board.
As far as Otto, make sure the 'Bartender Home' switch for Otto is registering when his head rotates, turn his head 360 degrees and see that it registers.
Is this a new machine?

No, this is one of your earlier ones. I need to get back over to the bar and do more investigation. The opto right at the start of the ramp/left orbit was triggering with the slightest of vibration of the ramp flap. I ended up just barely flexing the opto arm to prevent that. In testing with the ball it worked just fine. Obviously not.

As for the bar, I got a replacement from you guys about a year ago. That has been working great up until whatever is going on now. I need to spend more time with it…it is just hard since it is on location.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

check the connection to the opto board for a flaky connection as well as the opto alignment on the top side.
If bad, there are replacements available here: https://store.american-pinball.com/products/opto
Use this reference guide to know which plug to check on the board: http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-4/Oktoberfest--Quick-Reference-Guide.pdf

Thanks Dave!

1 week later
#979 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

that’s two games ago

Two games ago? What's the second game?

1 month later
#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Nice. Good find.
I suspect my issue is similar. Hopefully.
My Otto really does seem lost, looking for something. I’m going to investigate this optic tomorrow.
Thanks

My Otto was doing the exact same thing and I ended up narrowing it down to one of the coaster ramp optos. Make sure you slightly pound on the playfield when you are in switch test. It will help you find faulty switches.

4 weeks later
#1091 2 years ago

Hey AP team, any idea why my ramp hold would start failing? The ramp lower test will fire, but ramp hold will not work. In the game, I cannot get the ramp to trigger at all . I can unlock the coaster but the ramp stays up and never even attempts to drop. I’m also getting a warning on the switch test in the dashboard, but I think everything is correct? Here is the picture of the switch test.

3F6F377A-6488-4C4E-A15D-EAC2849AD092 (resized).jpeg3F6F377A-6488-4C4E-A15D-EAC2849AD092 (resized).jpeg
#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Check your Left Orbit switch. It looks like it's activated, and the ramp won't go down if it thinks that switch is closed (so it doesn't trap a ball behind the ramp flap). Of course, it would affect the game's ability to award left orbit shots if that switch is malfunctioning.
The Coaster Lock switches are probably red because balls haven't been able to reach the upper lock if the ramp flap isn't dropping.
Hope this helps!

Call me crazy, but every opto off this board has been giving me issue over the last few months. Is it possible the board is bad? Could I just order another one?

47F1A995-6909-4FE3-92DA-E57A7C7865EF (resized).jpeg47F1A995-6909-4FE3-92DA-E57A7C7865EF (resized).jpeg
#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sorry, I do not know the answer to that, beyond the obvious things I suspect you've already checked like "make sure all the connectors are seated firmly".
But brenna98's API Support probably knows.
You can file a service ticket here:
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

No problem, I appreciate the immediate feedback!! This whole part of my game has failed over and over and I’ve replaced all of the optos. I have to believe it is the board at this point. I’ll open a formal service ticket and get the amazing support you always provide!

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sounds good. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a lot of trouble with this, but hopefully you're able to get a solution that fixes it once and for all.

No issue, the game ran great for a long time. It just so happens to have a weird bug I can’t find right now. It happens. The important thing is that AP supports the games amazingly!

3 weeks later
#1131 2 years ago

I am having an issue with my game where it will sometimes switch players and immediately say “ball saved” and launch a ball. I’ve done all of the standard switch testing/playfield pounding. I just replaced multiple optos I found were faulty. I dropped the trough kicker power way down to make sure it hits that switch only once. Long story short, I haven’t been able to fix this since I bought it :/. I am sure I can grab a USB and get the logs, but in the interim is there a way to disable the chase ball for my tournament on Monday?

#1136 2 years ago

Ferret are the logs encrypted? I just pulled them and they look encrypted. Is there a way for me to read these and figure out why it auto saves when it switches players occasionally?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.