IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
There are 2,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

I’ve played it very little about 6 months ago

I think the coil stop change has made this a much better game than it was 6 months ago. I find myself playing it more now that I can make the Beer Barrel shot with a bit more consistency.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Hello. I’m really thinking hard about getting this game. Let me know some of your thoughts on how the game has progressed. I’ve played it very little about 6 months ago. I almost pulled the trigger on it then. Just would like some input on how it compares to other games.

I think it’s got a unique layout with a lot of shots (some easy, some difficult). It’s not your typical flowy game, with the “let me shoot this ramp to feed this flipper, and now the other ramp to feed the other flipper”...but the variety of shots make it fun, presenting you with lots of things to work on. The theme is unique and consequently, it’s got a fitting soundtrack that really grows on you. The code is nice and deep and has plenty of strategy built into the game with the steins and tents. I’ve had side challenges within a group of players that are playing, like “this game, you can only pick Stein Race from the tent mode”, which can change the dynamic of a game too. A lot of the call outs are funny. It’s just an enjoyable experience overall that makes you want to keep pushing that Start button.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Gilboys:

Why do I like Oktoberfest? Let me count the ways. It’s difficult. It’s fun. It’s funny. It’s well built. It keeps my coming back. I own MB LE, Deadpool Pro and a Strikes and Spares. I play this one more than the rest combined. Don’t get me wrong, Deadpool is great, MB is a show piece and SS was our first machine and we bowl so it’s sentimental. But after playing all the new releases the past 2 years at various locations, OKT still has what I like the most. The carnival theme, the 13 steins (got all of them once so far, not all tents yet, hence difficulty), the callouts (could be more adult but they’re adult enough and funny), sound system, one handed playing, did I mention it’s a challenge? These are some of the things that make me recommend OKT.

It’s a great game. I’ve had mine a year now and it still keeps me coming back.

#404 4 years ago

Love my Oktoberfest! There is just so much going on in this pin. It’s so cool and fun to play and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon that’s for sure.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

like “this game, you can only pick Stein Race from the tent mode”, which can change the dynamic of a game too.

don't forget to play some games entirely one handed. Just hold both right side buttons for five seconds before starting the game (a message will appear on screen prior to hitting start), and it will be one handed for all players for the whole game. You will be surprised how after a short time you will get quite adept at it.

#406 4 years ago

My wife says I can't buy this game until new code is released.

Help a pinhead (of German heritage to boot) out AP!

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

don't forget to play some games entirely one handed. Just hold both right side buttons for five seconds before starting the game (a message will appear on screen prior to hitting start), and it will be one handed for all players for the whole game. You will be surprised how after a short time you will get quite adept at it.

That sounds perfect, Josh!! The thought put into the little nuances of this game is so appreciated. I’m on my way to play a few one-handed only games right now!

#408 4 years ago

Willkommen am Schnellimbiss.
Welcome to the food stand.

Little add on I did.
Prost!

04A9D481-329C-4807-AD41-55B691A8F600 (resized).jpeg04A9D481-329C-4807-AD41-55B691A8F600 (resized).jpeg96AF6C70-90C7-472A-B49C-050AD9899066 (resized).jpeg96AF6C70-90C7-472A-B49C-050AD9899066 (resized).jpeg
#409 4 years ago

I had a custom shooter rod done as well, came today. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result!
Special thanks to Super Skill Shot shooters @ https://superskillshot.com/
Was a great job, quick turn around and exactly as I had hoped!

1D4F7CBA-B1CC-47A6-90BA-EDE260BF3427 (resized).jpeg1D4F7CBA-B1CC-47A6-90BA-EDE260BF3427 (resized).jpeg50509D82-CCB4-41B7-84E7-2C495814435C (resized).jpeg50509D82-CCB4-41B7-84E7-2C495814435C (resized).jpeg8499B4F9-C4CB-438A-B7C7-2B333B521EF3 (resized).jpeg8499B4F9-C4CB-438A-B7C7-2B333B521EF3 (resized).jpegC6F2DF80-C0C6-427A-82FD-79DDA85F3D73 (resized).jpegC6F2DF80-C0C6-427A-82FD-79DDA85F3D73 (resized).jpeg93DC2E91-82F6-4522-9916-D813A5B91939 (resized).jpeg93DC2E91-82F6-4522-9916-D813A5B91939 (resized).jpegC21AAB55-CAE4-4ADE-AFF7-3D0EED42B7B5 (resized).jpegC21AAB55-CAE4-4ADE-AFF7-3D0EED42B7B5 (resized).jpeg
#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Hello. I’m really thinking hard about getting this game. Let me know some of your thoughts on how the game has progressed. I’ve played it very little about 6 months ago. I almost pulled the trigger on it then. Just would like some input on how it compares to other games.

The new code is way better, the coil stop fix helped a lot. If you "almost" pulled the trigger then, I'm sure you would now. I was so excited to play it at last years SFGE. I had never played an American Pinball before, and it didn't disappoint. Was (admittedly) worried about an upstart company. I LOVE the theme personally, but the depth and game play is what got me hooked. very deep, so much to do and keep you coming back again, and again. After meeting Josh at SFGE, sitting through his panel, and personal discussion, the amount of love that went into the game is evident and astounding. Game is so well made and polished (physically). flipper caps, outer apron art, side blade art, and all the playfield features. the video graphics are way better now.
This was my 1st NIB, and was absolute great choice. Have to go now, Inga is calling out to me, shes ready to bump.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I can’t stop playing with a beer in my hand now...this has been such a blast playing full games like this! Love, love, love it!!!

#412 4 years ago

Yep I’m getting one. Nib. I’m just drawn to it. How many tents do you have to get to go to the big tent in the middle. Does it have multiple wizard modes. I’ve never seen anyone get to it on the streams I’ve watched. Do you think they will do anymore major updates.

#413 4 years ago

Saw this over on another thread, thought I would share it here since Oktoberfest! comes with side art blades. Just odered a set, as I have a couple games with art.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Hi Ben. Here is how I would review the game. Upon first glance it looks like a really flowing playfield (ala Steve Richie layout). It is not. Once that expectation is out of the way you can assess it for what it is. It is an excellent layout with many, many simple rules and objectives that give you so much to do. You have 2 multi balls (not easy to get but doable, aided very much with the updates and fixes). A boat-load of modes most of them are quite novel and are very well integrated to the Oktoberfest theme (you can also go back to a mode again if you choose it to "finish" it, the game remembers where you left off if unsuccessful). And finally for game-play, the steins, which not only help you along with the rules (longer mode times, more tilts. . . etc) they also boost modes by making them worth more. To top it off you can also pick the same stein twice if you wish to really make a mode (i.e. multi-ball) more valuable. The area the game was weak was programing and theatrics. It lacked spit and polish (honestly par for the course with most new games). The latest patch helped with that immensely, multi-balls are supposed to have some pomp and circumstance before things get going, the update fixed that big time (along with the corkscrew lock animation). Also the graphics have been cleaned up as well with the last update. Lastly the music has been added to as well. There are 3 main tracks (thank you AP, that earned you my purchase) and they all fit beautify are a joy to listen to and offer a nice bit of variety. Speaking of the folks at AP. They are first rate and have found working with them pleasant and productive. In summary, Oktoberfest isn't an easy or flowy game like Star Trek. What I find so great about the game is the uniqueness of the rules and modes, the theme execution (I highly recommend the knocker kit) and a packed playfield that isn't over-stuffed. I don't own many new games but this is one of the few that I found compelling and worth keeping.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

How many tents do you have to get to go to the big tent in the middle.

13 smaller tents have to be played (not necessarily won) to qualify the big tent wizard mode, Flipper Meister. (14 is a number you'll see throughout this game, representing the 14 primary tents at the Munich Oktoberfest.)

Quoted from Bencollins:

Does it have multiple wizard modes.

Yep, 4 of them.

Quoted from Bencollins:

Do you think they will do anymore major updates.

Don't expect "major" updates, but we do have an update in testing with some bug fixes and minor improvements.

Congrats and thanks for your purchase, I hope you'll love the game!

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Saw this over on another thread, thought I would share it here since Oktoberfest! comes with side art blades. Just odered a set, as I have a couple games with art.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Those are great, been using them for a while now.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Those are great, been using them for a while now.

Yep, especially on Houdini where the playfield is so close to the sides. I put a big warning sticker on the lockdown bar to remind me not to lift the PF without the protectors inserted first.

#418 4 years ago

Super Skill Shot shooters are on most of my 45 games. They are amazing!! The best customer service in the business!!!! I even by a variety for each machine and change them out every so often to mix it up. Give them a try!!

#419 4 years ago

t.

Quoted from calprog:

Super Skill Shot shooters are on most of my 45 games. They are amazing!! The best customer service in the business!!!! I even by a variety for each machine and change them out every so often to mix it up. Give them a try!!

I was very satisfied, and will absolutely be adding them to more of my games. I really LOVE the fact that I can get custom work, and have something different than whats produced after market.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Bencollins:

Ask yourself, do you like Simpsons pinball party or WOZ? If your answer is yes I would recommend this game. Those are the only 2 games I could say that have the same feel and quirks as Oktoberfest.

#421 4 years ago

Interesting comment, since all three of those are Joe Balcer designs.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Interesting comment, since all three of those are Joe Balcer designs.

And two of them are pinball_keefer coded / rule sets, can't remember what jokers did the code / rules for OKT.

#423 4 years ago

Joe Balcer and Barry Oursler are probably my favs.

#424 4 years ago
Resized_SmartSelect_20200417-082101_Messenger_116133732798509 (resized).jpegResized_SmartSelect_20200417-082101_Messenger_116133732798509 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#425 3 years ago

Hello everyone and Oktoberfest owners,

I want you all to be aware of the High Score Challenge we are running on the American Pinball Facebook page.

Simply post a photo comment of your best score and you will be entered into a random drawing to win some free swag.

Everyone who participates has an equal chance of winning. The contest runs through Monday, May 4th.

https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball/photos/a.1314917185199790/3274345329256956/?type=3&theater

I look forward to seeing your score submissions.

All the best,

Michael
Sales and Marketing Manager
American Pinball

Oktoberfest_HS_Challenge (resized).pngOktoberfest_HS_Challenge (resized).png
#426 3 years ago

High score challenge has started. Time to get scoring.

#427 3 years ago

I don't have facebook but I may post here?

#428 3 years ago

Speaking of Facebook on the Pinball enthusiast group a guy recently asked what the general consensus of Oktoberfest is? Is it worth buying? Well, people are bashing the game as usual. I think I’m the only one on there with positive comments, game is great!

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Speaking of Facebook on the Pinball enthusiast group a guy recently asked what the general consensus of Oktoberfest is? Is it worth buying? Well, people are bashing the game as usual. I think I’m the only one on there with positive comments, game is great!

I think Oktoberfest is a well thought out, beautiful game. There is so much in it not only from a gameplay standpoint, but from a physical aspect as well. Art blades, real back glass, even the inner apron is adorned with art. Add to that its a non-licensed game and not another "remake theme" ie Black Knight, Elvira, etc. (NOT saying there is anything wrong with them) you have a FUN game that keeps you coming back to try so many different things. Beer Barrel multiball is now easily in the top 5 coolest multiballs ever, and the corksrew ramp is so satisfying.
Oktoberfest isnt for everyone, but then again no game is. some cant see past "beer" and its so much more, and if you have been to a real Oktoberfest you could see that.
1st game I've liked enough to go NIB (other than a Metallica) and only one to pull the trigger on.
Ich Liebe Ein Oktoberfest.

#430 3 years ago

delete wrong spot

#431 3 years ago

Was playing a game last night, and could have sworn I heard "The Picard Maneuver, well done!"
Almost thought i was hearing things, until I looked it up here lol.
Live Long and Play Pinball!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#432 3 years ago

5 million plus, The masked pinballer, now time to crack open those beers

MVIMG_20200507_133449 3 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200507_133449 3 (resized).jpg
#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

I have no clue why the mob bashes the AP pins. They are excellent pins. Best guess is it's the JJP fanboys who are totally threatened by AP, who is putting out comparable (IMO better) pins for way less $$. Or it could be the flow hoes who hate stop-and-go pins, or the fragile ego types who hate pins with tight shots. It really is a mystery. Not fair to AP at all.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have no clue why the mob bashes the AP pins. They are excellent pins. ...Not fair to AP at all.

Agreed!

Typical clueless critiques:

Houdini: "Shots are too tight. Game is no fun."

Oktoberfest: "Theme is terrible."

Or was that just per Kaneda?

#435 3 years ago

Of course they don't like Oktoberfest. It has stop and go and flow, toys, humor, whimsical art & animation, bright colors, clever rules, depth, satisfying shots, traditional Oktoberfest party music... And they built in on a reliable, proven platform. What a train wreck!

#436 3 years ago

Is there a recent video with the latest code?

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have no clue why the mob bashes the AP pins. They are excellent pins. Best guess is it's the JJP fanboys who are totally threatened by AP, who is putting out comparable (IMO better) pins for way less $$. Or it could be the flow hoes who hate stop-and-go pins, or the fragile ego types who hate pins with tight shots. It really is a mystery. Not fair to AP at all.

I'm with ya! Visiting from the Houdini blog. I love that game so much I am now looking at Octoberfest. These bashers are idiots! What a great product AP is putting out. Octoberfest is my next pin, don't care what these dumb asses say about it! LOL

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

I'm with ya! Visiting from the Houdini blog. I love that game so much I am now looking at Octoberfest. These bashers are idiots! What a great product AP is putting out. Octoberfest is my next pin, don't care what these dumb asses say about it! LOL

I had not played any American Pinball stuff until earlier this spring, I had the chance to play a few over the course of a couple days. To be honest I liked and found Oktoberfest to be really interesting. Houdini didnt do it for me though.

#439 3 years ago

Their games have a certain quality only owners would understand. I find myself wanting a Houdini now but want to see how this Hot Wheels plays out first.

#440 3 years ago

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or if it was just a coincidence. Putting out there so you don't have this happen to you.
Had my beer barrel release coil burn out. It looks like the screw that holds the coil to the bracket backed out witch made the coil stay stuck on. Thought it was a problem originally with the trough switch since in the menu only showed 2 of the three switches were showing closed when I knew there was three ball in the barrel. As soon as I pulled off the glass could smell something electrical. Ran coil test for the beer barrel coil and it didn't work. Thinking when I get the new coil putting a little dab of removable Loctite on there so this doesn't happen again.

#441 3 years ago

I am selling all my pins except for Oktoberfest and TWD.

As far as bashers, we all have different tastes. For me OKT is the best pin ever.

#442 3 years ago

of course, its always interesting to read & check infos on internet... you can have a overall feeling of a situation...
but this is not what should decide you to get or not get a pin ! it can help in some case, but in the end you feel better than anyone else if you like it or not

OF is a very good pin for sure, you cant be wrong when going for it

#443 3 years ago

Added the Oktoberfest coin door reject button beer glass to mine. Love the look!
Thanks to #Filament printing. Well made, and a perfect fit. Prost!

A654468C-A04E-46DC-B464-D744FBBB5248 (resized).jpegA654468C-A04E-46DC-B464-D744FBBB5248 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#444 3 years ago
Quoted from Gilboys:

5 million plus, The masked pinballer, now time to crack open those beers
[quoted image]

Hmmm...Mexican beer for a German Festival when there are so many good German beers to be had...that's a foul!

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Added the Oktoberfest coin door reject button beer glass to mine. Love the look!
Thanks to #Filament printing. Well made, and a perfect fit. Prost!

I'm not a big fan of mods. But if I ever get that game, that is one I'd do.

LTG : )

#446 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not a big fan of mods. ...

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not a big fan of mods.

I'm talking commercial use. Most things added onto the playfield will eventually be destroyed by balls and be all over to clean up so they don't trap balls or anything.

I think many of the mods made are really spectacular. I just know what will happen. I had a real early LOTR with the figures holding weapons. Within the first month all the weapons were broken off, many if the figures heads were broken off, and the big horse on the right side in the rear was leaning way over to the left.

On my original MM I've regularly had balls clear the castle or get stuck on the tower tops. After I removed the sneeze guard on my Stern POTC becuse it didn't appear to be taking any hits. With in a week both sails were broken.

And no matter how much you gussy them up. The game won't take in one penny more.

LTG " )

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm talking commercial use. ...

For a second there, with the initial shock, I thought you were referring to Pinside mods.

3 weeks later
#449 3 years ago

Thats a nice upgrade! I was going to make a plunger from a tap handle but can't figure out how I would do it? I have one of those stein magnets, I may do the same also, right now I have an Oktoberfest Zinzinnati magnet on the door.

1 month later
#450 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the first version "Monkey" Back-glass can be had? I think it looks much better...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

There are 2,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/9?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.