4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 46.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Lazy seller there, and actually you are a good example of how that laziness can lead to unnecessary disappointment :/

Indeed! At least I'm a good example of something!

#202 4 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with their machine crashing during gameplay and resetting?

I’ve had the game for only 5 days and this has already happened to me 3 times.

Just now I finally made it to the flipper meister mode, got my score up to 10.5 million, and then the game just dies and restarts.

Come on American Pinball, totally disappointed by this.

Is this happening to anyone else?

My machine got delivered to me with 19.6.5 and I updated it the other day to 19.7.27. It has crashed while the machine was loaded with each code version.

Thanks,
Ross

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Please contact them. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/ or PM ROSH or BarryJ here.

Let them help you. You'll be glad you did.

LTG : )

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Has anyone else had an issue with their machine crashing during gameplay and resetting?
Just now I finally made it to the flipper meister mode, got my score up to 10.5 million, and then the game just dies and restarts.
My machine got delivered to me with 19.6.5 and I updated it the other day to 19.7.27. It has crashed while the machine was loaded with each code version.
Thanks,
Ross

Highly unusual - I am curious if you have a bad fan in the computer. Those sound like symptoms of heat buildup

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Highly unusual - I am curious if you have a bad fan in the computer. Those sound like symptoms of heat buildup

So I actually just went back to the game and manually put it into the flipper meistro mode again. Once the 2nd to last ball drained (thus ending the multiball mode and being left with 1 ball), the screen went black and the game reset. This is how it happened the first time also. It’s got to be something with this mode.

Anyone willing to put their game into this mode who has the updated code to see if their game crashes once the mode is ending?

I think my fan is running fine, as I can always hear it running.

Thanks,
Ross

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

So I actually just went back to the game and manually put it into the flipper meistro mode again. Once the 2nd to last ball drained (thus ending the multiball mode and being left with 1 ball), the screen went black and the game reset. This is how it happened the first time also. It’s got to be something with this mode.
Anyone willing to put their game into this mode who has the updated code to see if their game crashes once the mode is ending?
I think my fan is running fine, as I can always hear it running.
Thanks,
Ross

Send me the logs, that may tell us what is going on, [email protected]

Use a usb stick with no game code on it , just insert in usb extension cable inside coin door with game on, send me what gets put on it

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

Thanks,
Ross

just happened 10 minutes ago on houdini seance multiball then jackpot both flippers up shaker motor rumble then freeze then dead....... reset

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Send me the logs, that may tell us what is going on, [email protected]
Use a usb stick with no game code on it , just insert in usb extension cable inside coin door with game on, send me what gets put on it

Thanks Josh, I just sent you an email with the logs.

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

just happened 10 minutes ago on houdini seance multiball then jackpot both flippers up shaker motor rumble then freeze then dead....... reset

Hmm interesting, I don’t really know much about Houdini, but interesting that happened to you. Thanks for the response.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from rcb5588:

I may have fixed this a week or two ago, but Josh and I will examine the logs you sent and make sure it is indeed fixed. Apologies for the trouble.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I may have fixed this a week or two ago, but Josh and I will examine the logs you sent and make sure it is indeed fixed. Apologies for the trouble.

Awesome, thanks!

#211 4 years ago

I made this topper for Oktoberfest. The idea came from another member. I had to heavily modify them to fit with low ceilings. They can be hard to find in pairs but best place to check is ebay. If this doesnt make you want to have a beer and play then nothing will.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I made this topper for Oktoberfest.

That's awesome!! How did you manage to get the bubbles in the beer!!!??? I want it!!!

#213 4 years ago

New Oktoberfest owner here. Did anyone have any issues with the door under Otto's bar when they first turned their game on? If his door is open, the stepper motor sounds like it is trying as hard as it can to close, but nothing is moving. The door works fine in test mode and seems to not be hung up on anything. It only happens when you turn the game on and the door is open or partially open. If you turn the game on and the door is closed, there is no issue. Obviously the door isn't going to be closed every time the game is turned off. I'm afraid one of my kids is going to turn all of the games on and the motor will burn out! It's really loud too.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That's awesome!! How did you manage to get the bubbles in the beer!!!??? I want it!!!

The old scaefer beer signs have them. Works on a bulb heating a tube of fluid and a mirror behind it. Thanks!

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

New Oktoberfest owner here. Did anyone have any issues with the door under Otto's bar when they first turned their game on? If his door is open, the stepper motor sounds like it is trying as hard as it can to close, but nothing is moving. The door works fine in test mode and seems to not be hung up on anything. It only happens when you turn the game on and the door is open or partially open. If you turn the game on and the door is closed, there is no issue. Obviously the door isn't going to be closed every time the game is turned off. I'm afraid one of my kids is going to turn all of the games on and the motor will burn out! It's really loud too.

I've had one or two reports of this from Barry, and have asked production to alert me if any game coming off the line has this behavior so I can then take a closer look and be able to test a fix. My understanding is that it is fine once you start a game. I don't think there is a risk of the motor burning out.

I assume you are the latest code.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Welcome to the tent!
I havent had that problem but the door does make electric sound when nothing else is going on. Not too loud though,same as grave marker on metallica.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The old scaefer beer signs have them. Works on a bulb heating a tube of fluid and a mirror behind it.

Where's the best place to get them? You mentioned eBay... I guess I search on bubbling Stein lamp...

#218 4 years ago

Thank you for an honest answer Rosh. Yes it is the latest code. I reinstalled the code and nothing changed. I also opened a service ticket. Looking forward to hearing back and getting this fixed. Here is a video of what is happening. I turned my Batman 66 on to see the difference in sound. Around the 2:10 mark the noise starts when the game boots.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Thank you for an honest answer Rosh. Yes it is the latest code. I reinstalled the code and nothing changed. I also opened a service ticket. Looking forward to hearing back and getting this fixed. Here is a video of what is happening. I turned my Batman 66 on to see the difference in sound. Around the 2:10 mark the noise starts when the game boots.

When you get a chance, go into settings and in Features turn Otto 'Off'. Then re-boot and let me know if you still get that loud buzz. Just want to confirm it is the door and not Otto creating that sound

#220 4 years ago

Thank you. I did and it is definitely the bar door and not Otto.

#221 4 years ago

I have a fix for it, but no way to confirm until they find a machine with the behavior or we do a beta code release.

#222 4 years ago

Hey everyone,

today I started my Oktoberfest with Otto. I really love this game after just a few hours of playing. So many tent modes with different challenges, cool shots and funny callouts. Especially for a German it´s even more funny.

I got no issues so far, what really makes it a perfect first day.

For me it seems like a keeper for a long time.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Especially for a German it´s even more funny.

Please tell me more!

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game. To me it sounds like "I knows it, I knows it".

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

To me it sounds like "I knows it, I knows it".

Isn't more like I prose it I prose it ?

#225 4 years ago

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game.

https://www.oktoberfesttours.travel/oktoberfest-munich/music/ein-prosit/

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 4 years ago

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game. To me it sounds like "I knows it, I knows it".

#227 4 years ago

I would love to know the lyrics in the song at the end of the game.

#228 4 years ago

Thanks!

#229 4 years ago

Sorry for being late with my answer, but LTG already sent a perfect link including the translation. Thanks bro! "Prost" or "Prosit" just means "Cheers".

Funny translations and strange things for a German are...

..."FÜD". It simply doesn´t exist in Germany. Not as a word or any meaning.

..."Schnitzel on a stick" (like found on a plastic near the bumpers). Never ever seen it in Munich or anywhere in Germany. But it´s a nice idea to offer it in 2019

..."Stein", which means stone in German. The original "stein" on the Oktoberfest is called "Mass" (or Maßkrug). It´s a huge glass with 1 liter of beer: https://www.oktoberfest.bayern/wiesn/oktoberfest-2018-was-kostet-mass-bierpreise-aller-festzelte-im-ueberblick-9947993.html There you can see the prices for a Mass in the real tents (tent = Zelt).

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Sorry for being late with my answer, but LTG already sent a perfect link including the translation. Thanks bro! "Prost" or "Prosit" just means "Cheers".
Funny translations and strange things for a German are...

Thanks for all the info!

1 week later
#231 4 years ago

This is a quite thread for it being Oktoberfest! I just installed pinstadiums to cut down backglass glare and brighten the playfield. I play in a dark arcade so for some in bright rooms it may not matter. I think this is a way to reveal the world under glass. So much more pops like sparkles on the bumper cars and the inserts that say whats going on. Most of all the bad glare on the bar door I had to lean down to see whats going on since I don't like using the lcd. Definitly more festive!

20190925_234913 (resized).jpg20190925_234913 (resized).jpg20190925_235029 (resized).jpg20190925_235029 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#232 4 years ago

Here is a sneak peak at the new and improved animation debuted at Expo last week end starts at 17:31ish
They really did an amazing job looks like a whole new game!
Code will be released soon!

#233 4 years ago

Is anyone else having problems with the ball jumping off the rail on the beer barrel shot? It happens about 25% of the time. It usually jumps off and falls but sometimes also gets stuck and no way to drop it without moving the glass.

beer_stuck (resized).jpgbeer_stuck (resized).jpg
#234 4 years ago

I looked at my ramp and I saw the ball hitting the area I have circled and I bent it out a bit,I had the same trouble and this helped a lot,.
Hope this helps

013EFF18-E8A8-4FB6-ADEF-2A3BC4730EDB (resized).jpeg013EFF18-E8A8-4FB6-ADEF-2A3BC4730EDB (resized).jpeg
#235 4 years ago

HEY!
Update animations, new music, voice calls, match sequence, and a ton more!
See release notes for installation instructions and to see what has changed.
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

19-10-24 (resized).png19-10-24 (resized).png
#236 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I looked at my ramp and I saw the ball hitting the area I have circled and I bent it out a bit,I had the same trouble and this helped a lot,.

You are the fixer dude! Did the bending of the upper right ball guide yo help left loop shots make it round... as you recommended... it's improved things for sure.

#237 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to test/fix a “bar hit” switch? I can’t even find the switch :/.

0EEBEE66-7CD4-4FB5-9688-AFA0927F0BDA (resized).jpeg0EEBEE66-7CD4-4FB5-9688-AFA0927F0BDA (resized).jpeg
#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know how to test/fix a “bar hit” switch? I can’t even find the switch :/.

Page 14 in the manual, you can download the manual from american-pinball.com it's switch #23 in front of Otto in the upper left area.

Sorry, I don't have a game to check to see what kind of switch or what to look for.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 14 in the manual, you can download the manual from american-pinball.com

You can download it here : http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-7/Oktoberfest-Manual-new.pdf

On the website : american-pinball.com go to Support - Resources - Oktoberfest

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can download it here : http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-7/Oktoberfest-Manual-new.pdf
On the website : american-pinball.com go to Support - Resources - Oktoberfest

Ty for the response! I should have been more clear as usual . I checked the manual, and I see the switch, but since there is no physical switch I can’t find it on the underside of the playfield. I assume it is some sort of Eddie sensor, but the underside of the playfield doesn’t really have anything there :/.

6A723563-15B3-468B-A6A9-6D9751CA0891 (resized).jpeg6A723563-15B3-468B-A6A9-6D9751CA0891 (resized).jpeg
#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can’t find it

Email [email protected] and or ask on their website - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

#242 4 years ago

Yep, I will . Thanks again!!

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I always assumed that switch is simply the metal plate in front of the bar and the metal plate on the bar itself (so the pinball completes the connection). Haven't tested that theory though

#244 4 years ago

any new streams showing the improvements? From what I've seen, the animations look MUCH better.

EDIT:

found one....

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

any new streams showing the improvements?

Did you see Monday night ?

#246 4 years ago

Paul_from_Gilroy is correct, bar hit switch is when the ball is on the metal plate and touches the metal of the bar door. Make sure the plate is firmly pressed level onto the playfield so the ball doesn’t hop.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

bar hit switch is when the ball is on the metal plate and touches the metal of the bar door. Make sure the plate is firmly pressed level onto the playfield so the ball doesn’t hop.

I'd check the ball, and both metal plates to be sure they are clean and can conduct electricity. Mylar or a lot of wax could interfere.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

bar hit switch is when the ball is on the metal plate and touches the metal of the bar door. Make sure the plate is firmly pressed level onto the playfield so the ball doesn’t hop.

That's quite a switch mechanism... I guess the tiniest of ball launch at the moment it hits the bar door contact will fail to register... I was wondering why mine wasn't registering very often... must check that the metal in the playfield is flush with the pf surface! If the bar metal was angled down a bit it might help push the ball down onto the pf contact before it bounces off the bar door contact

#249 4 years ago

Is it possible that the new code is fleshing out this issue? Now that you describe it, I'll tell you I have been using a playfield protector since day one and I've never seen the API cockpit recommend that there is a switch issue. The way the protector is cut, the ball could have never literally made contact with the metal plate in the playfield because the protector covers it. I had always just assumed that it was some kind of eddie sensor and that the plate was basically an antenna for it.

I am now wondering if my game has never fully worked due to the playfield protector I installed. That said, the switch warning is new. I can confirm that because I have a picture from the first time I serviced the machine in June.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_309a (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_309a (resized).jpg
#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am now wondering if my game has never fully worked due to the playfield protector I installed.

It can't work if the ball doesn't complete a circuit between the two pieces of metal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/5?hl=filimurz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.