4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 46.
#102 4 years ago

That's a callout??

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That's a callout??

It sounds like a clue

#104 4 years ago

Nah. Once in awhile when you make the left orbit -> upper ramp combo, Otto will say "The Picard Maneuver! Nicely done." We're just having a little fun.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nah. Once in awhile when you make the left orbit -> upper ramp combo, Otto will say "The Picard Maneuver! Nicely done." We're just having a little fun.

these small easter eggs remind me DI, and of course its a good thing
thats also why i have OF on my wishlist

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I heard my first combo call out,”Picard maneuver well done”keep up the great work

Wow ! Now I really want to play it !

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

We're just having a little fun.

That's what it's all about... that's what I love about this game, it has a massive fun factor!

#108 4 years ago

I found a solution for a stein holder that everyone keeps talking about.

20190810_121415 (resized).jpg20190810_121415 (resized).jpg
#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I found a solution for a stein holder that everyone keeps talking about.

Excellent ! Well done !

LTG : )

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I found a solution for a stein holder that everyone keeps talking about.[quoted image]

Lol that is awesome.

#111 4 years ago

I have made that combo many times but call out only once,it would be nice if it happened a little more often

#112 4 years ago

Sold my Wonka and ordered an Oktoberfest, should have bought this from the start and skipped Wonka.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Sold my Wonka and ordered an Oktoberfest, should have bought this from the start and skipped Wonka.

Super fun game, lots to learn and do. Enjoy it.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I was also considering a Wonka, but opted for Oktoberfest without seeing either game in the flesh... what made you favour this game?

#115 4 years ago

I was also considering a Wonka, but opted for Oktoberfest without seeing either game in the flesh... what made you favour this game?

Had some issues with Wonka that should never happen on a NIB fame and customer service was not very good. Plus there are only 4 modes in Wonka, the factory ones. There are some extra scoring multipliers and multiballs but it got very repetitive after only a few weeks. Oktoberfest is just more well rounded.

#116 4 years ago

I'm seeing some high scores popping up lately at a few locations, what're the hot tips? I'm seeing some multimillion mode scores across the board, is there some kinda multiplier going on? A Stein exploit?

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I'm seeing some multimillion mode scores across the board, is there some kinda multiplier going on? A Stein exploit?

Hopefully there's no stein *exploit* (but I'd love to hear about it if there is)... but multipliers, we've got those a-plenty. Tent scoring multipliers via steins, playfield scoring multipliers via the top TAP lanes, bonus multipliers via duck targets.

There's a pretty decent, though still incomplete, rule sheet over on TiltForums: http://tiltforums.com/t/oktoberfest-pinball-on-tap-rulesheet/5353?u=joe

#118 4 years ago

I was just looking at some Oktoberfest playfield images and had a question. In Houdini, the Stage mech could not kickout the ball. In Fest, is Otto able to kickout the ball?

#119 4 years ago

No,subway to scoup

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There's a pretty decent, though still incomplete, rule sheet over on TiltForums: http://tiltforums.com/t/oktoberfest-pinball-on-tap-rulesheet/5353?u=joe

Awesome! So much looking forwards to playing this game!! The more I read about it the more I'm convinced I made the right choice!!

#121 4 years ago

Awesome! So much looking forwards to playing this game!! The more I read about it the more I'm convinced I made the right choice!!

When is your machine due to arrive? I highly enjoyed my few games on it. It's also my kids #1 pick for a new machine, but they love coasters. None of the other recent themes connect with them at all (they're only 7).

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

When is your machine due to arrive?

Hopefully in about a week... it's being shipped from the UK to Czech... my kids are 10 and 13 and love coasters

#123 4 years ago

Can somebody check to see if they can lower the looper win to less than 5,I can not

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can somebody check to see if they can lower the looper win to less than 5,I can not

Looks like a bug where the game is not using the changed value, will be corrected in next release.

#125 4 years ago

Was at a fun-fair recently with some truly massive coasters... standing at the bottom of the dips was exhilarating listening to the roar of the wheels on the track and the screams of the riders... I was thinking that such a sound would be an excellent way to start corkscrew multiball! Maybe something along those lines is already there...??

1 week later
#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There is only one backglass.

Mmmmm, I seem to see two backglass artworks depending where I look...

Which of the two attached images is the actual backglass?

If a 3rd image of an oil pump appears, this is a mistake which I can't seem to correct!!!

Thought I might be able to delete that image by editing the post... but can't see how...
Screenshot_20190828-171852 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190828-171852 (resized).jpg20190828_180615 (resized).jpg20190828_180615 (resized).jpg

20190828_130749 (resized).jpg20190828_130749 (resized).jpg
#127 4 years ago

The first is the official one. The 2nd is from the prototype with the butt grabbing monkey.

#128 4 years ago

My game will turn up on Monday, hopefully... I much prefer the 'butt-grabbing monkey' version... I'll find out which one I get soon!! It's a game that's been it the stock of a UK distributor, so there's a chance it will be the proto I guess... if it isn't, do AP sell this version still?? Why did this change, the monkey was/is funny... he's not grabbing butts anyway, he's just hungry and trying to get some sausage! Only dirty minds think he's grabbing butts

#129 4 years ago

I'll find out which one I get soon!!

You'll get the first one. The monkey butt grabbing one never went into production.

#130 4 years ago

do AP sell this version still??

No. Never did sell it.

Why did this change,

Probably a lot of reasons. Out cry over the monkey, even though he appears more pushing the ladies into the event. And Matt Reister and Joe Balcer, and maybe other people on the art work too. Those people maybe weren't intended for production ?

#131 4 years ago

My game will turn up on Monday, hopefully

Congratulations and best wishes ! You are getting a great game and are going to have a lot of fun playing it.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Out cry over the monkey,

Sorry, but that's just very sad... people see a hungry monkey in a bad light and kick up a stink because of their own sick and infested minds... and then people listen to them and we end up with a woman with a string of tickets making the game look like a redemption game... that's put me on a downer now... that 'monkey' backglass was way more attractive and one of the things that encouraged me to pull the trigger... the queue of people, including some very attractive ladies, was way better than the massive characters on their now... hopefully someone will repro the original glass!!!

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Congratulations and best wishes ! You are getting a great game and are going to have a lot of fun playing it.

Thanks! I'm just a bit bummed that it's not going to be as great as I thought it would... ah well... still looking forward to playing it.

#134 4 years ago

but that's just very sad...

Not all is lost. There is a monkey on the backglass in the game you are getting. A cute little dickens that should cheer you up.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not all is lost. There is a monkey on the backglass in the game you are getting. A cute little dickens that should cheer you up.

To be honest, what I'm missing more than the monkey are the 5 pretty hot chicks on the backglass I thought I was getting that have been replaced by the somewhat less hot ticket dispensing lady... and the visual innuendo of the 'cheeky monkey' did tie in nicely with the aural innuendos in the game... pulling the humour together... having a monkey somewhere doesn't compensate for that even 1%... but thanks for trying

#136 4 years ago

I'm very curious why the woman with the cheesy grin is holding a string of tickets...?? Tickets of this kind, which come pouring out of redemption games, have nothing to do with Oktoberfest and have no humour or any other place in this game that I can think of at all... can someone at AP enlighten me as to the reasoning behind the tickets thing? Is it linked to a mode in the game for example, or am I missing some innuendo that's gone over my head?

#137 4 years ago

reasoning behind the tickets thing? Is it linked to a mode in the game for example,

I don't know if it's linked to game play.

I do suspect they are tickets you redeem for beer in the beer tents at the real Oktoberfest.

#138 4 years ago

My game will turn up on Monday, hopefully... I much prefer the 'butt-grabbing monkey' version... I'll find out which one I get soon!! It's a game that's been it the stock of a UK distributor, so there's a chance it will be the proto I guess... if it isn't, do AP sell this version still?? Why did this change, the monkey was/is funny... he's not grabbing butts anyway, he's just hungry and trying to get some sausage! Only dirty minds think he's grabbing butts

That little guy was apparently grabbing more than butts.

Why resurrect this issue though? If you wish to catch up on the raging debate that took place about the original backglass art, there are pages and pages of posts within the Joe Balcer/Oktoberfest thread about it.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do suspect they are tickets you redeem for beer in the beer tents at the real Oktoberfest.

On the two occasions I've been the the 'Munich beer fest' there were no tickets used for beer... cash was the method of paying... maybe that's all changed though...

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Why resurrect this issue though?

I had no idea I was resurrecting anything... I'm just bummed I'm not getting what I thought I was and am getting something far less attractive and humerous instead... I'll check that thread out though... if there is ANY way to get that original artwork I'll be trying to find out how!!

#140 4 years ago

if there is ANY way to get that original artwork I'll be trying to find out how!!

I doubt it.

You could look into getting a custom translite made for you game.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You could look into getting a custom translite made for you game.

To be honest, the one I thought I was getting was perfect, and the artwork already exists for that... it must therefore be obtainable somehow, surely...

#142 4 years ago

and the artwork already exists for that... it must therefore be obtainable somehow, surely...

No idea if it still exists. I don't know if American Pinball kept it or not.

I'd start by contacting American Pinball off of their website. See if they'll help or not.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd start by contacting American Pinball off of their website. See if they'll help or not.

That's my plan

The thread that Tuna was referring to, is that the 68 or so page thread: Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin?

#144 4 years ago

The thread that Tuna was referring to, is that the 68 or so page thread: Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin?

Yes it is.

I hope you are successful in your search.

#145 4 years ago

What big changes were made in 1.0?

Don’t think there is any video of it yet.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What big changes were made in 1.0?

Release notes are on the website :

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

#147 4 years ago

I actually like the new translite better for other reasons,it feels more Oktoberfest and refined. Just look at my avatar! Butt monkey was cool but didn't fly with the present american climate. Hopefully Litvinov is a loving Butt monkey grabbing country. I miss those days of everyone being synical and not taking it so serious. Just imagine how much of a let down Elvira will be next month.

#148 4 years ago

Auchtung! Auchtung! I discovered a great MOD for this game under $7.00 US! I purchased mini beer mugs on keychains from Cappel's in cincinnati. You might find them online or in your local party store? I took the keyring off and hot glued them to the plastics. Hot glue can be removed if you make a mistake and wont leave a mark. They are the perfect scale and add to the game. They look like they came with the game. I placed them where it wouldn't block anything from view. The pieces they cover are not the best on the game anyway and you won't miss. I recommend only using 3 so its not overload. My favorite mug is the nod to the big lebowski by the shooter lane. Your eye catches it everytime like the white russian. Prost!

20190828_211524 (resized).jpg20190828_211524 (resized).jpg20190828_212944 (resized).jpg20190828_212944 (resized).jpg20190828_213437 (resized).jpg20190828_213437 (resized).jpg20190828_213938 (resized).jpg20190828_213938 (resized).jpg20190828_215454 (resized).jpg20190828_215454 (resized).jpg
#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I actually like the new translite better for other reasons,it feels more Oktoberfest and refined. Just look at my avatar! Butt monkey was cool but didn't fly with the present american climate. Hopefully Litvinov is a loving Butt monkey grabbing country.

Litvinov loves butt grabbing monkeys political correctness has fortunately not infested this part of the world yet, which is one of the reasons I moved out here... so what are the other reasons you prefer the new translite by the way?

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

My favorite mug is the nod to the big lebowski by the shooter lane.

Cool mod!! What do you mean by the nod to the Big Lebowski by the way? You mean because this is approximately where that game has the White Russian?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/3?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.