IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 46.
#1851 11 months ago

WOW! I am admittedly shocked and surprised. That is a dramatic change from my earlier run barrel. Props to AP for sending you a replacement, and excellent job on your new barrel. Looks perfect as it should!

Quoted from Pinstein:

When I recently received my new game I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. All the advertising and promo pics show it completely different to what I received and I felt a bit dooped. I mean the thing was practically purple with a high gloss and beyond its shape bore no resemblance to a beer barrel. I contacted AP with my gripe and their customer service was fast and top notch. I requested a second barrel that I could get privately painted and they were gracious, expedient and I got a new one within days. I was warned that it would look like the one I had as this is how they all look in the latest builds. I had a friend work his magic and I am way happier with its overall appearance. If anyone is in a similar situation he would be happy to paint yours as well for $50 and you pay the shipping both ways. With the size of this piece for me it was worth every penny. Pm me if interested. Here is a side by side comparison.
[quoted image]

#1852 11 months ago

Thanks guys. I feel a sense of relief that I dont have to live the shiny purple barrel. The same friend helped me with painting a custom twd toy. He is a pro level modeler and his basement is so cool full of old aurora models that we all grew up with and so much more.

heAD front (resized).jpgheAD front (resized).jpghead right (resized).jpghead right (resized).jpg
#1853 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

your new one looks much better than what came with it.

Agreed, that new one isn't very nice at all for such a focal point on the game.

#1854 11 months ago

My helper getting the membrane switch swapped out!

049157D7-5F89-42A5-8C29-650F190091BB (resized).jpeg049157D7-5F89-42A5-8C29-650F190091BB (resized).jpegFBD8CB6B-823D-4CD2-AF8D-4A6DF418C870 (resized).jpegFBD8CB6B-823D-4CD2-AF8D-4A6DF418C870 (resized).jpeg
#1855 11 months ago

Hit a snag. This “pinix login” keeps looping vs. booting. Please help!
-
For context I was on code 19.x.x and updated to the newest 22.x.x Then this happened.
-
Resolved! Erased and Reformatted USB stick. It was brand new and empty but clearly had some fragments hiding...
7529C8AB-D4B9-445F-9BC8-90E35F4707DB (resized).jpeg7529C8AB-D4B9-445F-9BC8-90E35F4707DB (resized).jpeg

#1856 11 months ago

I played LOV and really like it. Been checking out oktoberfest and it looks really fun. Don’t know if one is near me to try. For those who played both or own both which one do you prefer?

#1857 11 months ago

I have both, although I literally just got LoV so maybe too early to say which one I prefer. However, I can say that:

Oktoberfest is a little more chaotic and fun, and there are so many ways to approach the game - you can go for any one of the three wizard modes (Food Coma, Duck Derby or Flipper Meister) and there are so many things to do. Plus the mutliballs are very rewarding as you have to actually work to get them.

LoV is more of a shooters game, there are a lot of combos and ramps/orbits and everything is a little more shooter based - there aren't any pops, and the shots are definitely easier to hit. The experience as well, with the artwork, sound, music and light shows being way better than OF I think.

Pretty different games - and as I said, I can't say which one I prefer as they are both so different. One thing is for sure, both are brilliant games - and so underrated its almost criminal.

#1858 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I played LOV and really like it. Been checking out oktoberfest and it looks really fun. Don’t know if one is near me to try. For those who played both or own both which one do you prefer?

Oktoberfest is my favorite pin in my lineup. LOV has great flow, and the upper flipper shot is fun, but doesn't have the variety of modes that Oktoberfest has. What I like best about Oktoberfest is each mode feels and plays completely different from one another. It is incredibly fun stacking certain modes with multiball. Spelling SOBER while having drunk flippers and beer goggles is one of the most creative and fun modes in the game. The left ramp is super steep and very satisfying when you hit it. I can go on and on about this game. I have had all of the American Pinball machines so far (except GTF coming soon) and Oktoberfest and Houdini are by far the most fun to play. Hotwheels and LOV have since moved on to new owners, but Oktoberfest and Houdini are not leaving anytime soon.

20220223_210414 (resized).jpg20220223_210414 (resized).jpg
#1859 11 months ago

Whats the story with people who are ordering new Oktoberfest's? There was suppose to be different versions scaled back last I heard. I haven't seen a pictures of what these other versions looke like? Personally removing anything in this game would just make it lame. The only thing I would change is the playfield artwork. Too many cooks in the kitchen I heard and it shows. If AP came out with a new playfield art package I would consider upgrading. Call it Oktoberfest Munich edition.

#1860 11 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Whats the story with new Oktoberfest's? suppose to be different versions scaled back last I heard.

I thought fewer speakers, uniform head design, changes to the sculpts. I’ve yet to see a head shaped differently though.

#1861 11 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Oktoberfest is my favorite pin in my lineup. LOV has great flow, and the upper flipper shot is fun, but doesn't have the variety of modes that Oktoberfest has. What I like best about Oktoberfest is each mode feels and plays completely different from one another. It is incredibly fun stacking certain modes with multiball. Spelling SOBER while having drunk flippers and beer goggles is one of the most creative and fun modes in the game. The left ramp is super steep and very satisfying when you hit it. I can go on and on about this game. I have had all of the American Pinball machines so far (except GTF coming soon) and Oktoberfest and Houdini are by far the most fun to play. Hotwheels and LOV have since moved on to new owners, but Oktoberfest and Houdini are not leaving anytime soon.
[quoted image]

Really appreciate your review and impressions. I have been eyeing Houdini for a while also but unfortunately none available near me to try. Again really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post. Have a good rest of your day and have a good week!

#1862 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The only thing I would change is the playfield artwork. Too many cooks in the kitchen I heard and it shows. If AP came out with a new playfield art package I would consider upgrading. Call it Oktoberfest Munich edition.

I agree with this. I would like an alternate backglass too.

#1863 10 months ago

Looking for an Oktoberfest (for a client, though I will be the purchaser) in the CT/NY area for 6500 cash. Have transportation and help available to move.

#1864 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

... The only thing I would change is the playfield artwork. Too many cooks in the kitchen I heard and it shows. If AP came out with a new playfield art package I would consider upgrading. Call it Oktoberfest Munich edition.

While I agree that Oktoberfest's playfield artwork isn't as homogenous or aesthetically pleasing as other games considered to be beautiful, I appreciate its eclectic nature. Much like that found at any large fair, the playfield is a collective mix of colors and graphics that evokes a carnival atmosphere for me.

#1865 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

While I agree that Oktoberfest's playfield artwork isn't as homogenous or aesthetically pleasing as other games considered to be beautiful, I appreciate its eclectic nature. Much like that found at any large fair, the playfield is a collective mix of colors and graphics that evokes a carnival atmosphere for me.

Higher resolution would’ve been nice

#1866 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Higher resolution would’ve been nice

Adds to the alcohol induced vibe it generates.

Genius!

#1867 10 months ago

I agree the artwork could have been a little nicer, but also agree that somehow what is there does go really well with the theme.

#1868 10 months ago

I finished a custom shooter rod. I will install it tonight.

okt shooter (resized).jpgokt shooter (resized).jpg
#1869 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I finished a custom shooter rod. I will install it tonight.
[quoted image]

Very nice!
Looking forward to seeing it installed!

#1870 10 months ago

Does anyone know why I would be getting major feedback through the speakers every time the shaker fires? It’s an audible buzz/hum tone at the intensity and lasting the duration of the pulse.
-
Disabling shaker in the settings eliminates the distortion. How can I fix this so that the game works as it should with the rumble but no feedback?

#1871 10 months ago

I've been having the same issue. Sometimes it goes away on its own.

#1872 10 months ago
Quoted from Skilame:

I've been having the same issue. Sometimes it goes away on its own.

It’s present with and without the noise filter in-line. I bypassed that to see if it would resolve. No joy. Somehow the amplifier is getting a signal tied to the shaker. Seems mostly produced by the top two stereo speakers. Ferret rosh Any suggestions?

#1873 10 months ago

Only other thing I would check is that all the speaker cables (computer -> filter, filter -> amp, amp -> speakers) are nice and tight, so that it's not a matter of the shaker vibrating a wiggly connection.

Beyond that, I'd suggest filing a service ticket here: <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> ... always a good idea if you have problems with your game, just to get the ball rolling.

Has your machine always had this problem, or did it just start recently?

#1874 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Only other thing I would check is that all the speaker cables (computer -> filter, filter -> amp, amp -> speakers) are nice and tight, so that it's not a matter of the shaker vibrating a wiggly connection.
Beyond that, I'd suggest filing a service ticket here: <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> ... always a good idea if you have problems with your game, just to get the ball rolling.
Has your machine always had this problem, or did it just start recently?

Double and triple checked connections. Will do re: ticket. Vibration doesn’t cause the distortion (ala loose connection) the impulse of the motor (power surge) seems to somehow transfer and be made audible through the speakers. The machine is relatively new to me and both membrane switches needed to be replaced to get the multiballs to work. Therefore I am only just now experiencing the anomaly, but as Skilame mentioned about his, mine too has intermittently resolved itself for a short time but shows up again after a power cycle. The only thing that changed recently is that I added the topper lighting kit from the API website. Removing the new LED connection doesn’t eliminate the problem.

#1875 10 months ago

Does everyone’s machine make a pretty loud electronic pop from the speakers when flipping on the power switch?
-
I have short videos of all the above that I’ll upload and share links to later.

#1876 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'd unplug them, clean them, then stick them back on.

LTG : )

#1877 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Does everyone’s machine make a pretty loud electronic pop from the speakers when flipping on the power switch?
-

Most my machines pop on startup.

#1878 10 months ago

Ok. Took the monitor off and unplugged everything. Checked all the connections and brought more slack out in a few spots. I separated audio cables from power cords to eliminate EMI/RF signals crossing. Everything is back together with the shaker turned on and it seems to like whatever I did. Thanks Ferret and LTG
-
BTW Ferret, I somehow managed to hit a post off the plunge then nailed the upper flipper into the beer barrel. The game was a little surprised and stayed on the skill shot screen rather than playing the lock animation (call out worked). I don’t think it expected a barrel lock as the first switch hit during a plunge.

#1879 10 months ago

Heh... that is almost certainly true. Added to my Big To Do List, thanks for the report.

And very glad to hear that futzing with the cables fixed your audio problem. Pesky EMI. Hopefully something similar works for @skilame.

#1880 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

-

Yes...

#1881 10 months ago

Where is the best place to hook up the pinstadium lights?
Thanks,

#1882 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Where is the best place to hook up the pinstadium lights?
Thanks,

I connected the primary lighting leads to the backbox LED strip for power.

The secondary effect lighting to the shaker motor. Lights up with pop bumper hits, roller coaster multiball, etc. More connection info here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/33#post-7354670

#1883 10 months ago

The secondary effect lighting to the shaker motor. Lights up with pop bumper hits, roller coaster multiball, etc. More connection info here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/33#post-7354670

Thanks!

#1884 10 months ago

So I got a chance to reseat some connectors and dialed down the shaker setting and it fixed my speaker distortion. What’s really great is that I was able to tweak the settings on the amp from the factory settings, and now the sound is so much better. There’s much more bass and treble, so the audio sounds much cleaner. Thanks Ferret and LTG! Such a fun game!

#1885 10 months ago

Thanks for the update, @skilame! Very glad to hear that you've happier with your machine's setup now.

And of course, great to hear that you're loving the game! So much to do, so many ways to approach it, so much fun.

Enjoy!

#1886 10 months ago

SOLD

Selling two new, never used American Pinball membrane switches used in Oktoberfest. SWI-0022-00.

Known switch to need occasional replacement. Always good to have some spares on hand.

$50/switch, $85 if you purchase both. Selling for $75 per switch on American Pinball’s site.

IMG_4615 (resized).jpegIMG_4615 (resized).jpeg

#1887 10 months ago

PM’d

Quoted from Whynot:

Selling two new, never used American Pinball membrane switches used in Oktoberfest. SWI-0022-00.
Known switch to need occasional replacement. Always good to have some spares on hand.
$50/switch, $85 if you purchase both. Selling for $75 per switch on American Pinball’s site.
[quoted image]

#1888 10 months ago

Thanks for all the interest. Membrane switches have been sold.

#1889 10 months ago

Has anyone hooked up Orion's belt to anything? I have the Neo Atom Fusion in mine and it seems like a waste to not set it up.

#1890 10 months ago

If a guy wanted to borrow a little power from the GI which wires would he use? As I see with the full rgb gi there are 4 wires to each lamp, blue, green, red and orange. How do I tie a spotlight into that? Thanks!

#1891 10 months ago

For a spotlight pull 12v from the coin door eject lamps

Quoted from Pinstein:

If a guy wanted to borrow a little power from the GI which wires would he use? As I see with the full rgb gi there are 4 wires to each lamp, blue, green, red and orange. How do I tie a spotlight into that? Thanks!

#1892 10 months ago

Well I did that for something else but thanks. Hoping to use the GI for this one. Also Im installing a knocker but my game does not have any pre-drilled holes for the coil. Can anyone send a pic or measurement please?

#1893 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Also Im installing a knocker but my game does not have any pre-drilled holes for the coil. Can anyone send a pic or measurement please?

AP's knocker comes with instructions? If you're attempting a third-party install, AP does also post the instructions on their site.

#1894 10 months ago

-hanks, I am using APs knocker and it did come with instructions. They say to attach the coil in the pre-drilled holes and my problem is that I dont have any predrilled holes in my game, so I want to make sure that I get the spacing right from the coil to the plate. My game also showed with no light strip in the back. Its a newer run game if you'd seen my barrel but they missed a few things on the line.

#1895 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

-hanks, I am using APs knocker and it did come with instructions. They say to attach the coil in the pre-drilled holes and my problem is that I dont have any predrilled holes in my game, so I want to make sure that I get the spacing right from the coil to the plate. My game also showed with no light strip in the back. Its a newer run game if you'd seen my barrel but they missed a few things on the line.

Mine was "Pre-drilled" but very hard to see, more of an alignment marking hole. The directions and video are strait forward, once I located those marks it went smoothly.
Link for reference

#1896 10 months ago

Thanks, Yes I have nothing like that. Ive looked with a flashlight and a mag lens but no marks of any kind. Just a measurement from the plate to the bottom of the coil bracket would get me there. Thank you

#1897 10 months ago

I checked the online instructions for houdini and it called that space at 1 3/16, so thats what I went with.

#1898 10 months ago

Just got back from the powder coaters and had both my Houdini and Oktoberfest wire forms powdered in transparent Gold. I think this will look money on both games and compliment the themes and the art.

ramps 1 (resized).jpgramps 1 (resized).jpg
#1899 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Just got back from the powder coaters and had both my Houdini and Oktoberfest wire forms powdered in transparent Gold. I think this will look money on both games and compliment the themes and the art.
[quoted image]

Pictures please

#1900 10 months ago

I went through the online manuel and didnt see any wiring diagram. Anyone know which 2 of the 4 GI wires are power?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.