4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 46.
#1801 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do you remember where you got this sticker? I've been looking but can't find one.

Yep, EBay...

#1802 11 months ago

Willkommen Otto!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1803 11 months ago

Otto arrived in Australia too - prost!

What a huge improvement.

20230425_161115 (resized).jpg20230425_161115 (resized).jpg
#1804 11 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Willkommen Otto!

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

What a huge improvement.

Wunderbar! Prost!

Prost (resized).jpgProst (resized).jpg

#1805 11 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Willkommen Otto![quoted image]

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

What a huge improvement.
[quoted image]

always makes me smile to see an Oktoberfest with an Otto that looks like a bartender.

#1806 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wunderbar! Prost!
[quoted image]

31EBB134-D179-46CD-9CB6-7217E24659E8.gif31EBB134-D179-46CD-9CB6-7217E24659E8.gif
#1807 11 months ago

Bierfrau:

beer maid (resized).jpgbeer maid (resized).jpg

#1808 11 months ago

Bierfrau:
[quoted image]

That’s cool, where’s you land that one?

#1809 11 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s cool, where’s you land that one?

Quality painted figures out of Ukraine via a shop on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyBaselardShop

#1810 11 months ago

Quality painted figures out of Ukraine via a shop on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyBaselardShop

Thanks, and um… NSFW!

#1811 11 months ago

Was told this issue was likely due to magnetized balls. I switched them all out entirely for new balls, no luck. Here's hoping I can get what is now my 4th major problem with my NIB game sorted out. Submitting a ticket to AP ASAP to see where we can go from here.

I have a LOT of fun playing this game when it works but this just kills it; sometimes I can get through 2-3 games if I am lucky, other times this happens in back to back games. It will remain powered off until I can properly diagnose what exactly the problem is.

#1812 11 months ago

I would try reseating your connectors. I had accidentally unplugged a connector and when I started a game it would just keep feeding balls out. I would do the trough opto board and the one in the pic as that’s the board i had an unplugged connector.

85870B04-458A-42EA-A401-18D5AE18ADCF (resized).jpeg85870B04-458A-42EA-A401-18D5AE18ADCF (resized).jpeg
#1813 11 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Was told this issue was likely due to magnetized balls. I switched them all out entirely for new balls, no luck. Here's hoping I can get what is now my 4th major problem with my NIB game sorted out. Submitting a ticket to AP ASAP to see where we can go from here.
I have a LOT of fun playing this game when it works but this just kills it; sometimes I can get through 2-3 games if I am lucky, other times this happens in back to back games. It will remain powered off until I can properly diagnose what exactly the problem is.

Was there a ball in the beer barrel? Mine was doing that and was due to a bad barrel switch. Do you have Lock Compensation on? That might help

#1814 11 months ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Was there a ball in the beer barrel? Mine was doing that and was due to a bad barrel switch. Do you have Lock Compensation on? That might help

It does this regardless if there's a ball locked in the barrel or anywhere else. Lock switch compensation is set to on. This issue has happened from pressing start a few times, I've tried to nail down a pattern but haven't had any luck yet.

#1815 11 months ago

If you already have Lock Switch Compensation turned on, does that mean you had already experienced problems with the lock switches in the past?

Try going into Tests > Switches, thump on the playfield with the side of your fist (not TOO aggressively , and see if any of the Beer Barrel lock, Corkscrew lock, and/or trough switches "flutter" when you do this.

#1816 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you already have Lock Switch Compensation turned on, does that mean you had already experienced problems with the lock switches in the past?
Try going into Tests > Switches, thump on the playfield with the side of your fist (not TOO aggressively , and see if any of the Beer Barrel lock, Corkscrew lock, and/or trough switches "flutter" when you do this.

Lock Switch Compensation was turned on by default out of the box. I never had to enable it. (Family Friendly mode was turned off by default as well, which was kinda weird but that's neither here nor there.)

The one time I had an issue with a switch was in the beer barrel. Going into setting and selecting "Release All Balls" not only fried the fuse in the front but 100% killed my power supply, prompting me to submit a ticket to AP.

AP instructs me to please buy a tester to ensure the power supply was dead, which I did and it was. They then tell me they will ship me a replacement and to please ship the dead one back with the included return label. The replacement arrives with no label. After inquiring about a return label I'm sent a cell phone picture of the return label on someone's desk and was asked to please print and cut it out of the photo to tape on the box.

Side Note: The scoop doesn't seem to respond to adjustments made in the settings. I was asked to please check the color of the coil and was then told the incorrect color/strength of coil was installed at the factory and would need to install the one intended. I was also told that the magnetized ball issue was likely due to a mixup at the factory where apparently the wrong types of balls were installed in some games.

Also the rails from the VUK were bent pretty badly, causing the ball to hop over chaotically and drain upon exit. The rails coming out of the yellow plastic ramp for the beer barrel were also bent/warped, causing the ball the fly off 80% of the time. These were minor adjustments which I have since remedied.

Mind you I've owned this game for 30 days or so now.

I love it when it works.

#1817 11 months ago

Any AP folk know if there was ever an OKT prototype with an inner orbit rather than the newton ball/hammer feature next to Otto?
-
I feel like that space would really open up some flow with an additional ball path and return the ball to the side flipper for another chance at the barrel. Great for the pretzel mode too as the combo required could be “outer orbit, inner orbit” - & style. It would also be another way to feed the pops using the mag nab to drop into the TAP lanes.
-
I’d move the captive ball to where the tent entrance is and make the 180° ramp the tent scoop instead. I don’t see many people making use of the 180° as it is.

#1818 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Any AP folk know if there was ever an OKT prototype with an inner orbit rather than the newton ball/hammer feature next to Otto?

There was not. It was always a captive ball. I love captive balls, the curved lane is cool, and it's also cool that there are a couple switches in there so we can detect the strength of hits. It's just unfortunate that you can't SEE it.

#1819 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There was not. It was always a captive ball. I love captive balls, the curved lane is cool, and it's also cool that there are a couple switches in there so we can detect the strength of hits. It's just unfortunate that you can't SEE it.

I love the mechanism, but yeah its pretty disappointing that it's so hidden away you can't see it at all. It would actually be a really satisfying shot if you could see the hit, and visually track the captive ball progress. Now what would have been even more super cool (and I'm not sure how it could have been done) is if it had some verticality to it just like the actual thing - then it would have been visible and totally amazing at the same time!

#1820 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

if it had some verticality to it just like the actual thing - then it would have been visible and totally amazing at the same time!

I know you’re looking for vertical ball action but this effect could’ve been achieved with an ascending LED light show up a post representing the strength of a captive ball hit towards the “bell”. A force sensor could have been used to detect the impact.

From the internet:
A Force Sensor is defined as a transducer that converts an input mechanical load, weight, tension, compression or pressure into an electrical output signal.
-
There are 4 key uses for Force sensors. They detect and measure:
*Force from an applied load
*Rate of change of a force load over time
*Force thresholds to trigger appropriate action
*Contact and/or touch

#1821 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I know you’re looking for vertical ball action but this effect could’ve been achieved with an ascending LED light show up a post representing the strength of a captive ball hit towards the “bell”. A force sensor could have been used to detect the impact.

Hmm... mod idea for a "strength" light tree. Not sure how to wire it up but there are 3 switches there. The at rest switch (trigger the meter to low level when this goes open), a switch mid way (trigger midway level on close of this) and the target all the way up (trigger top level when this closes). Once the rest switch has been closed for a second or so reset the light tree. Later problem is where the heck to put the tree...

#1822 10 months ago

Read this and all I heard was super awesome mod

Quoted from Ballderdash:

From the internet:
A Force Sensor is defined as a transducer that converts an input mechanical load, weight, tension, compression or pressure into an electrical output signal.
-
There are 4 key uses for Force sensors. They detect and measure:
*Force from an applied load
*Rate of change of a force load over time
*Force thresholds to trigger appropriate action
*Contact and/or touch

#1823 10 months ago

Someone make this mod!

#1824 10 months ago

Looking to join the club if anyone has eyes on a used one near Michigan. Thx!

#1825 10 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Lock Switch Compensation was turned on by default out of the box. I never had to enable it. (Family Friendly mode was turned off by default as well, which was kinda weird but that's neither here nor there.)
The one time I had an issue with a switch was in the beer barrel. Going into setting and selecting "Release All Balls" not only fried the fuse in the front but 100% killed my power supply, prompting me to submit a ticket to AP.
AP instructs me to please buy a tester to ensure the power supply was dead, which I did and it was. They then tell me they will ship me a replacement and to please ship the dead one back with the included return label. The replacement arrives with no label. After inquiring about a return label I'm sent a cell phone picture of the return label on someone's desk and was asked to please print and cut it out of the photo to tape on the box.
Side Note: The scoop doesn't seem to respond to adjustments made in the settings. I was asked to please check the color of the coil and was then told the incorrect color/strength of coil was installed at the factory and would need to install the one intended. I was also told that the magnetized ball issue was likely due to a mixup at the factory where apparently the wrong types of balls were installed in some games.
Also the rails from the VUK were bent pretty badly, causing the ball to hop over chaotically and drain upon exit. The rails coming out of the yellow plastic ramp for the beer barrel were also bent/warped, causing the ball the fly off 80% of the time. These were minor adjustments which I have since remedied.
I love it when it works.

Quoted from Merendino:

I love it when it works.

What color was your coil on the scoop? I have a November build as well and the scoop is either a million miles an hour or a snails pace. Makes no sense at all. Thanks Chris

#1826 10 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I love it when it works.

What color was the coil on your scoop? I have a November build as well and have issues with the scoop ejecting. The speed is never the same.

#1827 10 months ago
Quoted from PinChris:

What color was the coil on your scoop? I have a November build as well and have issues with the scoop ejecting. The speed is never the same.

I had the same issue and I replaced it with this coil from American. Haven’t had a problem since.

IMG_2213 (resized).pngIMG_2213 (resized).png
#1828 10 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I had the same issue and I replaced it with this coil from American. Haven’t had a problem since.[quoted image]

Thanks - I will place an order

#1829 10 months ago

Quick question - are the beer barrel sculpts all fully/uniformly round? Mine seems to have a couple of areas where its a little warped/flat - is that normal?

#1830 10 months ago
Quoted from PinChris:

Yellow. They told me it's supposed to be red.

#1831 10 months ago

If barrel lock 3 is showing red, what’s the fix? TY

7E508DB4-3688-45E4-8506-FC2176915455 (resized).jpeg7E508DB4-3688-45E4-8506-FC2176915455 (resized).jpeg
#1832 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

If barrel lock 3 is showing red, what’s the fix? TY
[quoted image]

Carefully remove the 4 screws (2 on each side of the beer barrel) to remove the shell. Test each membrane switch with your finger or a ball. See if you can get it to register and change color. If this doesn't work, check your cable connection for the membrane switches.

Other than that, file a ticket with American Pinball. You might have to buy a new set of membrane switches if yours aren't covered under warranty. $74.95 via their website.

#1833 10 months ago

Red indicates the switch has not been hit in 30 games. Possible either it has not been hit in 30 games (but hard to see that as it will typically register a hit when the ball rolls down to the lock 2 and lock 1 positions), or it is defective membrane switch or a wiring issue. Roll balls into the barrel when in test and see if it registers or not. Odds are it is a stuck/bad membrane switch, but you might want to check the wiring. There is a small board that mates the membrane switch to a cable from a switch board. Check both connectors are properly connected.

#1834 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Red indicates the switch has not been hit in 30 games. Possible either it has not been hit in 30 games (but hard to see that as it will typically register a hit when the ball rolls down to the lock 2 and lock 1 positions), or it is defective membrane switch or a wiring issue. Roll balls into the barrel when in test and see if it registers or not. Odds are it is a stuck/bad membrane switch, but you might want to check the wiring. There is a small board that mates the membrane switch to a cable from a switch board. Check both connectors are properly connected.

Amazing! Thank you Josh. This is currently happening on a machine I’m hoping to buy. It has low plays so there is potential for your “not in 30” solution. Fingers crossed that I’ll be in the “Fest” family soon!

#1835 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Amazing! Thank you Josh. This is currently happening on a machine I’m hoping to buy. It has low plays so there is potential for your “not in 30” solution. Fingers crossed that I’ll be in the “Fest” family soon!

Unfortunately, more likely the membrane switch, which have been problematic, so plan/pay accordingly.

#1836 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Unfortunately, more likely the membrane switch, which have been problematic, so plan/pay accordingly.

Seems thats the way we’re headed. Will a replacement permanently solve this or will it be plagued by a recurring fault?

#1837 10 months ago

That is a really good question. Those membrane switches seem to have a mind of their own ... some of them work fine for long periods, others go flaky quickly. Wish I could promise you that a replacement would be permanent (or at least "really long time") but can't say that for sure. :/

#1838 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Wish I could promise you that a replacement would be permanent (or at least "really long time") but can't say that for sure. :/

Well let’s hope a replacement works because I’m going to need it!

B8B70CC6-74C1-42D7-8207-BD8EACA3D979 (resized).jpegB8B70CC6-74C1-42D7-8207-BD8EACA3D979 (resized).jpeg
#1840 10 months ago

It a great game,really!

#1841 10 months ago

Congrats! and PROST!

#1842 10 months ago

Heads up Ferret I ordered two membrane switches as well as some flipper rubbers and target decals and they were sent in a small bubble mailer with no protection. One wire was pretty crimped and everything else was just sliding around on the switches inside the envelope. I was smart enough to cut open the package carefully but someone could’ve easily sliced through the flexible ribbon if they hadn’t been paying attention. For an $80 piece of sensitive electronics I figured there would be some additional insulation around them or ship in a solid box so they dont get crushed by the delivery service.

#1843 10 months ago

When I recently received my new game I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. All the advertising and promo pics show it completely different to what I received and I felt a bit dooped. I mean the thing was practically purple with a high gloss and beyond its shape bore no resemblance to a beer barrel. I contacted AP with my gripe and their customer service was fast and top notch. I requested a second barrel that I could get privately painted and they were gracious, expedient and I got a new one within days. I was warned that it would look like the one I had as this is how they all look in the latest builds. I had a friend work his magic and I am way happier with its overall appearance. If anyone is in a similar situation he would be happy to paint yours as well for $50 and you pay the shipping both ways. With the size of this piece for me it was worth every penny. Pm me if interested. Here is a side by side comparison.

Okt beer barrel (resized).jpgOkt beer barrel (resized).jpg

#1844 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. I was warned that this is how they all look in that latest builds.

I’ll admit seeing the recent production NIB games is the reason why I went looking for a version from 2019. My barrel has faux woodgrain sculpted into the print as well as the appropriate coloration/texture for a keg. Additionally, Otto is either in a much higher resolution or someone took their time smoothing out the print lines before final paint. Good job bringing yours back to life!

#1845 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

When I recently received my new game I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. All the advertising and promo pics show it completely different to what I received and I felt a bit dooped. I mean the thing was practically purple with a high gloss and beyond its shape bore no resemblance to a beer barrel. I contacted AP with my gripe and their customer service was fast and top notch. I requested a second barrel that I could get privately painted and they were gracious, expedient and I got a new one within days. I was warned that it would look like the one I had as this is how they all look in the latest builds. I had a friend work his magic and I am way happier with its overall appearance. If anyone is in a similar situation he would be happy to paint yours as well for $50 and you pay the shipping both ways. With the size of this piece for me it was worth every penny. Pm me if interested. Here is a side by side comparison.
[quoted image]

Does the lighter color make the area "brighter"in appearance? Do you have pics of the barrel installed yet?

#1846 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

When I recently received my new game I must admit I was really let down with the appearance of the beer barrel. All the advertising and promo pics show it completely different to what I received and I felt a bit dooped. I mean the thing was practically purple with a high gloss and beyond its shape and bore no resemblance to a beer barrel. I contacted AP with my gripe and their customer service was fast and top notch. I requested a second barrel that I could get privately painted and they were gracious and expedient and I got a new one within days. I was warned that it would look like the one I had as this is how they all look in that latest builds. I had a friend work his magic and am way happier with its overall appearance. If anyone is in a similar situation he would be happy to paint yours as well for $50 and you pay the shipping both ways. With the size of this piece for me it was worth every penny. Pm me if interested. Here is a side by side comparison.
[quoted image]

So the one on the left is what is now shipping on games? Seemed the last iteration had already lost some of the look, but wow, can't say I like this latest one. Also looks like those are lying flat, can't tell from the photo, did it also lose the extended curve? It used to be a little bit more than half of a barrel, on the player viewable side it continued to curve under as you can see here . . .
IMG_7668 (resized).JPGIMG_7668 (resized).JPG

#1847 10 months ago

Yes, the one on the left is whats in the latest builds. It does still have the extended curve on the player side but man that dark color and low contrast paint job in the dark environment of a pinball machine looked so bad. I love the wood grain in your pic but Im lucky to have at least gotten in back to a more appropriate color.

#1848 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Quick question - are the beer barrel sculpts all fully/uniformly round? Mine seems to have a couple of areas where its a little warped/flat - is that normal?

Mine has a dent in it also.

#1849 10 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Does the lighter color make the area "brighter"in appearance? Do you have pics of the barrel installed yet?

Yes I would say lighter equals brighter, but judge for yourself.

ap 3 (resized).jpegap 3 (resized).jpegbarrel 2 (resized).jpgbarrel 2 (resized).jpg
#1850 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Yes, the one on the left is whats in the latest builds. It does still have the extended curve on the player side but man that dark color and low contrast paint job in the dark environment of a pinball machine looked so bad. I love the wood grain in your pic but Im lucky to have at least gotten in back to a more appropriate color.

your new one looks much better than what came with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Wallingford, CT
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/37?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.