IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
There are 2,292 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 46.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The game does have an adult mode with some pretty funny double entendres.

Just to be clear, after installing the latest code, did you crank up the strength of the Scoop coil?

Yes. No change really. Just dribbles out of the scoop. Game was also missing the back lighting strip

#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm thinking about hunting down an oktoberfest but I'm looking for more adult friendly than family friendly on this one. Is there a polished adult mode option or has it been watered-down by the sensative people?

I would definitely consider it way more adult than family themed pin. Have you had the chance to play one? I liked it a lot, but my pops was not a big fan. I would recommend playing one if you have the option.

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The game does have an adult mode with some pretty funny double entendres.

Just to be clear, after installing the latest code, did you crank up the strength of the Scoop coil?

Ferret Same issue and I have had it cranked to the max and tried 5 games with 1 setting lower until I got to I believe 35 and I had more dribbles or no exits from the scoop the further I went down.

#1454 1 year ago

Olga can be pretty racy!

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Olga can be pretty racy!

...Inga.

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I would definitely consider it way more adult than family themed pin. Have you had the chance to play one? I liked it a lot, but my pops was not a big fan. I would recommend playing one if you have the option.

Only at a pintastic noisy vendor hall. Couldn’t appreciate any adult humor.

#1457 1 year ago

splitcms chewiec - if you continue to have weak sickouts from the scoop, please do file a ticket with the Service department so Dave's team can help you out.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Sorry for the inconvenience!

#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Yes. No change really. Just dribbles out of the scoop. Game was also missing the back lighting strip

Quoted from chewiec:

Ferret Same issue and I have had it cranked to the max and tried 5 games with 1 setting lower until I got to I believe 35 and I had more dribbles or no exits from the scoop the further I went down.

I haven't had any issues and am on the latest code - never noticed a change in my scoop ejects so never changed it. Just checked it due to this issue you're having and mine is set at 11. I see the max is 35 and the default is much higher than mine but mine is working fine. I will say that my coils are the original and I believe AP has changed them out since my build to a little weaker ones but I wouldn't think there would be that much change. Hope you get it figured out - Dave is the man!

#1459 1 year ago

I guess I'm in the club! Was supposed to be delivered between 2 and 4, but the truck showed up around 10. Luckily my wife was home, though she was a bit nervous about accepting delivery. Can't wait to get home!!!

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I guess I'm in the club! Was supposed to be delivered between 2 and 4, but the truck showed up around 10. Luckily my wife was home, though she was a bit nervous about accepting delivery. Can't wait to get home!!!

Zum Wohl!

#1461 1 year ago

Thanks, but game arrived with a little damage. The apron is bent, didn't even notice until I could launch a ball since the playfield is too far forward. Also a minor chip in the magic glass and some scrappage on the rails. Guess I should give AP a call.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks, but game arrived with a little damage. The apron is bent, didn't even notice until I could launch a ball since the playfield is too far forward. Also a minor chip in the magic glass and some scrappage on the rails. Guess I should give AP a call.

Not cool. API, I hope you can make this right bc I’m looking forward to the next title and if QC is down it’s a non starter. NIB should be a good experience. Sorry you’re going through this jaytrem

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Not cool. API, I hope you can make this right bc I’m looking forward to the next title and if QC is down it’s a non starter. NIB should be a good experience. Sorry you’re going through this jaytrem

Thanks, it's all good. I'm sure they'll take care of it. I suspect it left the factory fine but had a bumpy ride from Chicago. Not much they can do about that.

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

I haven't had any issues and am on the latest code - never noticed a change in my scoop ejects so never changed it. Just checked it due to this issue you're having and mine is set at 11. I see the max is 35 and the default is much higher than mine but mine is working fine. I will say that my coils are the original and I believe AP has changed them out since my build to a little weaker ones but I wouldn't think there would be that much change. Hope you get it figured out - Dave is the man!

Yes he is! He is sending me out a new coil so once I get it installed then I should be good. Thanks Dave, Ferret and AP is smooth and easy to deal with. First class service.

#1465 1 year ago

Got the machine working pretty well after a bit of metal bending. It's pretty much an automatic skill shot hit at this point though. Turned out the apron, hangers and receiver were all bent up pretty good. Check out the hangers, you can see why the plunger couldn't hit the ball. I'm pretty happy that everything seems to function properly.

Anyway, was a great surprise for the kids, we're all loving the game!

20221013_142447 (resized).jpg20221013_142447 (resized).jpg
#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Got the machine working pretty well after a bit of metal bending. It's pretty much an automatic skill shot hit at this point though. Turned out the apron, hangers and receiver were all bent up pretty good. Check out the hangers, you can see why the plunger couldn't hit the ball. I'm pretty happy that everything seems to function properly.
Anyway, was a great surprise for the kids, we're all loving the game!
[quoted image]

My houdini came that way. At some point during shipping, someone layed it or dropped it with the glass side down. The playfield popped out and slammed into the glass. The hangers were bent just like that. I just bent it back and everything was fine. I am sure it wasn't the fault of AP or the dealer I got it from. AP has the best customer service out there so don't hesitate to contact them if you need anything.

#1467 1 year ago

Hurra!

After years of having Oktoberfest on my wishlist, I've FINALLY joined the owners' club!!!

Just one problem though ... I think I'm gonna need a bigger cup holder.

20221016_164716 (resized).jpg20221016_164716 (resized).jpg

#1468 1 year ago

"Greta" (which I purchased 2-3 years ago for a future Oktoberfest) is home at last!

Okt Greta (resized).JPGOkt Greta (resized).JPG

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hurra!
After years of having Oktoberfest on my wishlist, I've FINALLY joined the owners' club!!!
Just one problem though ... I think I'm gonna need a bigger cup holder.

[quoted image]

That is sweet! Your a little late to the party since Oktoberfest ended a few weeks ago but you will find out shortly that pinball and beer go anytime of the year. You got it parked next to Joe Balcer's other game too!

#1470 1 year ago

I just picked an Oktoberfest this weekend, and had a blast playing the new coop mode last night with the wife. I feel like our score was good enough to make a high score on the machine, but we received no prompts after the game for initials. Is there no high score tracking while in coop mode?

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Is there no high score tracking while in coop mode?

That’s my understanding

#1472 1 year ago

Is there no high score tracking while in coop mode?

Only a single player team qualifies for any achievements.

#1473 1 year ago

We may add separate Team high score lists in the future, but unless/until that happens, it seemed unfair to allow teams of up to 4 players to be compared to solo efforts on the leaderboard.

#1474 1 year ago

Was having some Beer Barrel phantom locks going on. Turning on Lock Switch Compensation seems to have fixed the issue. Just a heads up for the other new owners who might experience the same issue.

Rest of the game is playing great (unlike me). I did turn down the lower flippers a bit. I was getting a good amount glass smacks on the corkscrew that would result in a rollback. Only hit a few shots up there since then, so far so good.

#1475 1 year ago

Can anyone here help me out with dimensions? I'm picking up an Oktoberfest and need to see if it'll fit into my older Jeep Grand Cherokee.... I have 32" width, 32" Height and 55" length I can play with....does that seem OK?

#1476 1 year ago

From their website - 75″ W: 29″ D: 55″ which is the assembled on legs height.

So you are okay on width. Maybe others can help with height with the backbox down.

LTG : )

#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Can anyone here help me out with dimensions? I'm picking up an Oktoberfest and need to see if it'll fit into my older Jeep Grand Cherokee.... I have 32" width, 32" Height and 55" length I can play with....does that seem OK?

You should be fine, since boxed it is 32

#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Hight wise its a very snug fit, but I put mine in one. had to go in backwards since seats don't go true flat

#1479 1 year ago

Make sure to measure to the pillar on the headliner and not the reassessed roof section. That’s your lowest point. And +1 for not true fold flat seat awareness.

#1480 1 year ago

I just bought the lighting kit for the topper, and watched on youtube how someone installed it for his Hotwheels, and got it mounted. To have it mounted, and angled to the back of the topper, the cord on the LED strip is on the left. The open connector to attach this to is too far away, since the backbox lighting ends on the bottom right of the machine. So, I installed it in reverse (so not able to angle it toward the back of the topper, basically shoots straight up), and was able to reach the open connector, but the light strip doesn't work. I unplugged the last backbox LED bar, and plugged the topper light into the previous strip, and that works. So it appears that my last LED strip in the backbox has a faulty male connection. Anyone had issues with the lighting kit, or have any tips on how to install it differently?

#1481 1 year ago

I just bought the lighting kit for the topper, and watched on youtube how someone installed it for his Hotwheels, and got it mounted. To have it mounted, and angled to the back of the topper, the cord on the LED strip is on the left. The open connector to attach this to is too far away, since the backbox lighting ends on the bottom right of the machine. So, I installed it in reverse (so not able to angle it toward the back of the topper, basically shoots straight up), and was able to reach the open connector, but the light strip doesn't work. I unplugged the last backbox LED bar, and plugged the topper light into the previous strip, and that works. So it appears that my last LED strip in the backbox has a faulty male connection. Anyone had issues with the lighting kit, or have any tips on how to install it differently?

I seem to remember one install where we had to reverse the wires in the plug for it to be the right polarity. May have been a backwards pinheader on the LED strip we were plugging into. I'd say to get a multimeter and test voltage and polarity of the pins on the light strip you're trying to plug into, that will give you the definitive answer.

#1482 1 year ago

The open connector to attach this

The backbox LED strips are just daisy chained together.
You can move the power connector from one side to the other. Then plug your topper light into that open end.

Note: the polarity of the open end may differ with + on left or right.
If the topper doesn’t light when plugged in, flip the connector upside down

#1483 1 year ago

Ferret I was playing a 4 player team mode all on Inge's side. At one point a second ball shot out when it shouldn't have.
I saved the game logs.
If you looked at them can you tell if the game messed up at some point?
i'll send if they are useful.

#1484 1 year ago

kevindrives - please do send those logs to me at ferret <at> americanpinball.com. If you know the approximate date/time of the issue -- and if your machine's clock is set correctly -- providing that info when you send the logs would be extremely helpful... otherwise it's quite a needle-in-a-haystack search: the logs can be huge.

Thanks!

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Just an update on this. Dave and AP sent out a stronger coil for the VUK and it has been working perfectly since I put it in. Put the VUK power back down to default and plays perfectly. Many thanks to Dave, Joe and everyone at AP. Best customer service, bar none.

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Just an update on this. Dave and AP sent out a stronger coil for the VUK and it has been working perfectly since I put it in. Put the VUK power back down to default and plays perfectly. Many thanks to Dave, Joe and everyone at AP. Best customer service, bar none.

Do you have the part numbers from each of the coils? Having this info in the thread could help others troubleshoot.

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

kevindrives - please do send those logs to me at ferret <at> americanpinball.com. If you know the approximate date/time of the issue -- and if your machine's clock is set correctly -- providing that info when you send the logs would be extremely helpful... otherwise it's quite a needle-in-a-haystack search: the logs can be huge.
Thanks!

I checked my game and saw that i was running version 22.08.08.
I won't send the logs unless you want them from old code.
I'll be updating my code tonight.

#1488 1 year ago

Thanks for the info… please do update to the latest version. And certainly let me/us know if you have continued problems. Thanks!

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Many thanks to Dave, Joe and everyone at AP. Best customer service, bar none.

Hey guys - I just got my game on Tuesday of this week. I had a couple minor problems out of the box that seem to be from damage in transit. Sent an email and got a call back within a few hours with instructions on how to fix it and then a UPS confirmation with some replacement parts a few hours later. When you say best customer service that is not an exaggeration.

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Do you have the part numbers from each of the coils? Having this info in the thread could help others troubleshoot.

This what they sent. Easy installation and works perfectly.

139538F1-62C4-438B-8719-3793145E7930 (resized).png139538F1-62C4-438B-8719-3793145E7930 (resized).png
#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

This what they sent. Easy installation and works perfectly.[quoted image]

Thanks. For the record that is the same coil that came for the tent eject in my December 2020 build. Same coil was used on the pops as well. What was the part number from the label from the old coil, if you still have it around?

20221029_222757 (resized).jpg20221029_222757 (resized).jpg
#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Thanks. For the record that is the same coil that came for the tent eject in my December 2020 build. Same coil was used on the pops as well. What was the part number from the label from the old coil, if you still have it around?
[quoted image]

Pretty sure it was this coil.

9FCAD872-4382-49D0-B7B9-17BC2BEACF61 (resized).png9FCAD872-4382-49D0-B7B9-17BC2BEACF61 (resized).png
#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

That is correct.
I found a document 'Oktoberfest Assembly Manual' hosted on the AP website which has all of the assemblies and parts diagrammed. It seemed like the type of documentation that would be useful in the far future, so I grabbed it when I saw it.
Oddly enough, the file I have is dated 2019, and it has the 26-1200 coil listed, so the documentation showing the updated part isn't (publicly) available from what I can see.

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Good info, thanks! I've sent this thread to a friend of mine, she's having trouble with a recent build Oktoberfest's tent kickout and I assume is in the same boat.

I'm guessing from API's descriptions the coils are 23ga/800turns (COI0001-01) and 26ga/1200turns (COI0005-00). These seem to be pretty standard windings for pinball, and the fewer turn coil will be stronger. A good thread on the subject of coils if you want to read up: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guidelines-for-coil-substitution

#1495 1 year ago

API sent me a new coil along with all the other parts I needed. Works MUCH better!

Anybody else getting a lot of glass hits with a rollback on the Corkscrew? I usually only get them with near perfect shots. I turned doing the coils a bit, it helped somewhat, but still not happy when I get penalized for a good shot. Everything else is pretty much perfect now. Excellent customer service!

#1496 1 year ago

As Otto likes to say, "Holy shit!"

20221103_163540 (resized).jpg20221103_163540 (resized).jpg
#1497 1 year ago

Damn

#1498 1 year ago

I am relatively new to pinball and this game is kicking my ass. I can't imagine 67 million. Wow!

#1499 1 year ago

All those ducks and calories help big time with scoring. Ducks help modes, calories help multiballs.

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

As Otto likes to say, "Holy shit!"

not bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,292 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.