4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 46.
#1151 2 years ago

I've had the ball get stuck there a few times. Very frustrating when you're having a really good ball. Looking forward to seeing how this looks and works.

#1152 2 years ago

I need to tell my nearby German style taproom to buy one of these games so I can play it! Love the theme and it is always cool to see the manufacturer active on the forum.

#1153 2 years ago

Update on the stuck ball protector. It works, but it is slightly too thick for the screws when fitting it on top of the factory ramp protector.

I just need to make a minor change to it and it will be good to go. I should have it up on thingiverse tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures of the test fit without the factory plastic.

20211102_220156 (resized).jpg20211102_220156 (resized).jpg20211102_220206 (resized).jpg20211102_220206 (resized).jpg20211102_220223 (resized).jpg20211102_220223 (resized).jpg
#1154 2 years ago

Received and installed the AP topper light today. It vas eezy plug und play. Danke Dave at American Pinball

0CB44B7E-9B76-4550-8F1E-11CEE5AC4FBA (resized).jpeg0CB44B7E-9B76-4550-8F1E-11CEE5AC4FBA (resized).jpeg
#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I've had the ball get stuck there a few times. Very frustrating when you're having a really good ball. Looking forward to seeing how this looks and works.

How does it get stuck there?
I've never had this issue.

#1156 2 years ago

A fast moving ball could rattle on the habitrail, hit the metal guide that feeds the barrel, and then bounce into the spot between the habitrail and side ramp.

Second update on the ball deflector I am working on... I did another test fit on my revised part and I am getting very close. I just need to make another quick revision to it and it should be good to go. I will keep you posted.

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

A fast moving ball could rattle on the habitrail, hit the metal guide that feeds the barrel, and then bounce into the spot between the habitrail and side ramp.
Second update on the ball deflector I am working on... I did another test fit on my revised part and I am getting very close. I just need to make another quick revision to it and it should be good to go. I will keep you posted.

I fixed the problem by installing a normal flipper rubber on the upper flipper instead of the fancy colored one. the ball will have less spin and and it doesn't fall off for me anymore.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

normal flipper rubber on the upper flipper instead of the fancy colored one

I too prefer traditional rubber, feels like the ramp is easier to make.

#1159 2 years ago

My solution to the balls either getting stuck after jumping the track at the barrel entrance or flying off at the top of the bend was pretty low tech: 1) bent the chute sides wider with pliers and 2) dialed down the coil strength a couple of clicks.

Haven’t had a stuck ball or a flyer since….and a well timed shot from the upper flipper rarely rolls back down the ramp from lack of power.image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1160 2 years ago

Ferret et al, one issue that I've run into more than once with tent mode "Tap It" is that on occasion while serving, an extra ball will be awarded right in the middle of serving. The resulting on screen award blocks the view of the bar completely and typically results in one or two customers going away empty handed - and can result in losing the mode. It'd be nice if this little annoyance could be addressed in the next code update. Prost!

#1161 2 years ago

Yep, already fixed in the upcoming code release. Thanks for the report!

#1162 2 years ago

I uploaded both airball/stuck ball protectors to thingiverse for those who want them.

I found that stuck ball protector solves the problem with balls getting stuck between the sideramp and the habitrail. I think the ramp airball protector is unnecessary, but I left it in the download in case anyone wants to use it anyways.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4807108

#1163 2 years ago

New owner to join the club. Played a few games and managed to score 3.5M one lucky game! Still got lots to figure out...

I noticed that Otto's head is quite noisy when turning, the motor emits some kind of whine. Since it's moving pretty much non-stop it gets distracting - is there any way to make it quieter? For the moment I've just turned Otto off in the settings.

Also I have the bar door binding as it gets close to fully open, and currently that is unplugged. I guess it might be the decal as pointed out a few posts back. Getting it out does look like a pain as the subway (and a bunch of other stuff) needs to come out too A job for a rainy weekend!

For the moment I'm just enjoy this goofy game loaded with toys. It makes my AIQ pro next to it look very bare!

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from Fubar:

New owner to join the club. Played a few games and managed to score 3.5M one lucky game! Still got lots to figure out...
I noticed that Otto's head is quite noisy when turning, the motor emits some kind of whine. Since it's moving pretty much non-stop it gets distracting - is there any way to make it quieter? For the moment I've just turned Otto off in the settings.
Also I have the bar door binding as it gets close to fully open, and currently that is unplugged. I guess it might be the decal as pointed out a few posts back. Getting it out does look like a pain as the subway (and a bunch of other stuff) needs to come out too A job for a rainy weekend!
For the moment I'm just enjoy this goofy game loaded with toys. It makes my AIQ pro next to it look very bare!

I took my Otto mech apart replacing some rubbers. Inside the "bar" there are 2 Phillips head screws holding it down. One screw had no washer on it, one screw had 2 washers. The natural assumption was the one washer should go on each screw, so that's how I reassembled it. WRONG. The screw that had 2 washers on it needed BOTH washers to space the screw upwards a hair. Just one washer missing made the bottom of the screw drag on the mech below and prevented the bar from rotating freely. It also made the motor struggle, hence the whining noise. Maybe this is your issue?

Also, for whatever reason, this thread seems to be the active "owners thread". Not sure why it's not under club category. More active peeps here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joe-balcer-confirms-oktoberfest-as-american-pinbals-next-pin/page/99#post-6637775

1 month later
#1165 2 years ago

One of my favorite video modes of any pinball machine Tap It, I somehow achieved an extra ball while the mode was playing, obscuring the mode and causing me to mess up and end the mode. It would be nice to be able to finish the mode and then be awarded an extra ball.

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

One of my favorite video modes of any pinball machine Tap It, I somehow achieved an extra ball while the mode was playing, obscuring the mode and causing me to mess up and end the mode. It would be nice to be able to finish the mode and then be awarded an extra ball.

this was reported long ago while i was betatesting... and quite sure it was corrected (but can't verify as no more OF home)
i suppose you are running last(s) code(s) ?

edit : and now i have a doubt it was in Houdini "cards game" !?

let's wait for Joe

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I somehow achieved an extra ball while the mode was playing, obscuring the mode and causing me to mess up and end the mode. It would be nice to be able to finish the mode and then be awarded an extra ball.

Probably a score replay. I believe this is fixed in the upcoming beta. I think the variant that RipleYYY mentions was the slightly different version if you LIT EB during Tap It, which was fixed in a previous release.

#1168 2 years ago

Here is another weird one. Shot two balls into the beer barrel, shot another into the cork screw lock. Once that ball landed in the cork screw lock I got a “the beer barrel is filling up” audio que? So I let the game sit for a minute and it repeated probably about four or five times (with several seconds in between) while sitting idle. I check the status and it shows only one ball in the beer barrel lock (incorrect) and one in the cork screw (correct). I plunge another ball and send another into the beer barrel after starting Looper. Beer barrel multiball starts (as expected) and the game comes totally unhinged, flippers die, game over sequence starts all while Looper mode music is still playing and continued to play in attract mode. I had to shut the game down.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Here is another weird one. Shot two balls into the beer barrel, shot another into the cork screw lock. Once that ball landed in the cork screw lock I got a “the beer barrel is filling up” audio que? So I let the game sit for a minute and it repeated probably about four or five times (with several seconds in between) while sitting idle. I check the status and it shows only one ball in the beer barrel lock (incorrect) and one in the cork screw (correct). I plunge another ball and send another into the beer barrel after starting Looper. Beer barrel multiball starts (as expected) and the game comes totally unhinged, flippers die, game over sequence starts all while Looper mode music is still playing and continued to play in attract mode. I had to shut the game down.

I have had the same issue. It is probably due to magnetized balls and/or faulty switch membrane in the beer barrel lock. Still working out the kinks on mine but I did recently replace one ball that did seem to quickly magnetize. I put the old one back in and the pin performed much better.

Watch this video, it helped me.

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Beer barrel multiball starts (as expected) and the game comes totally unhinged

Definitely sounds like some bad membrane switches. The Lock Switch Compensation setting has resolved this issue for me even without changing out the bad switch.

"If you have the latest code, try turning on Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation. Exit the service menu, THEN POWER CYCLE THE GAME."

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from t500:

Definitely sounds like some bad membrane switches. The Lock Switch Compensation setting has resolved this issue for me even without changing out the bad switch.
"If you have the latest code, try turning on Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation. Exit the service menu, THEN POWER CYCLE THE GAME."

Emptying the locks every game seems to help too.

#1172 2 years ago

Locks are always empty, I dont enable carry over.

#1173 2 years ago

2 things that helped me: Lock compensation setting as mentioned and clean the membrane switches. If they are dirty they don't perform well either. If both those things don't help you may need new membrane switches.

#1174 2 years ago

I think you should have an extra membrane or two in your coin box

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1176 2 years ago

I would never expect a faulty lock switch to cause such bizzare behavior. Start (or prevent) a false multiball?..sure, but to just shut a game entirely down, start the game over sequence all while continuing to play the audio for a mode…..yikes..thats pretty f$&ked up. I will look into replacing the lock switches.

#1177 2 years ago

No, that level of game logic misbehavior would not be expected even if the lock switches were acting up.

If you'd like, feel free to capture your logs and send them to me at ferret <at> americanpinball.com, and I'll be happy to take a look and see if I can identify what happened there.

#1178 2 years ago

Sorry Ferret I never remember to

It gets played though so if something weird comes around again hopefully I will remember.

2 weeks later
#1179 2 years ago

I just wanted to follow up on this. I have not come across any lock issue so far after enabling lock compensation. Looks like my last post was from 17 days ago, it gets played almost every night so I probably have quite a bit of games on it since then. So far so good.....

#1180 2 years ago

Multiple errors: recently my game has started randomly triggering the “the keg is filling up” animation and sound, in the middle of a ball without the ball going up the keg ramp. This then triggers another ball to be launched into the game. So I have two balls in, but the game is t registering a multi ball. Creates a whole bunch of other random issues. And when one ball drains sometimes it ends the ball and sometimes it doesn’t.

Just tried updating the software again, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Anybody ever have this issue?

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Dinobob8:

Multiple errors: recently my game has started randomly triggering the “the keg is filling up” animation and sound, in the middle of a ball without the ball going up the keg ramp. This then triggers another ball to be launched into the game. So I have two balls in, but the game is t registering a multi ball. Creates a whole bunch of other random issues. And when one ball drains sometimes it ends the ball and sometimes it doesn’t.
Just tried updating the software again, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Anybody ever have this issue?

This issue has cropped up several times in several posts. Either your balls are magnetized, your beer barrel switch membrane is dirty/faulty, or you haven't enabled lock compensation in the settings. Just read a few posts back to see what's going on.

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

This issue has cropped up several times in several posts. Either your balls are magnetized, your beer barrel switch membrane is dirty/faulty, or you haven't enabled lock compensation in the settings. Just read a few posts back to see what's going on.

Thank you! I saw that right after I posted. My phone defaults to oldest comments first so I didn’t see it.

1 week later
#1183 2 years ago
20220220_153652 (resized).jpg20220220_153652 (resized).jpg
#1184 2 years ago

After not having time to play any pinball at all for a long while, I just played this game again for 2 nights in a row, and I want to play it again as soon as I can.

This game is super deep with all the different choices.

1 week later
#1185 2 years ago

I am so in love with this game. What is so incredible is that every mode feels different and unique. I have been playing this game every day for months and I still try different combos to try and improve my scores. I usually go only one layer deep on the steins but today I went 3 deep on bumper cars, started it with beer barrel ready and the score went through the roof. Just from that one mode got me close to 3rd place. Amazing replay value. This pin is fantastic!

20220302_182343 (resized).jpg20220302_182343 (resized).jpg
#1186 2 years ago

Hey Scoot, it looks like your ramp cover is under AP's factory ramp cover on the left side. The ramp cover is meant to go over (overlap) AP's factory ramp cover because it is possible that a fast ball up the ramp could possibly hit the edge of the additional ramp cover and reject the ball. If you have had no problems so far then I am sure you are ok to leave it. I just wanted to let you know the intended install procedure.

2 weeks later
#1187 2 years ago

Any update on new code?

#1188 2 years ago

Update from American Pinball; More Oktoberfest coming in May, Barry Ourslers last game to be made, and team play update sounds very close!
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/american-pinball-announces-artist-for-next-game-production-schedule-more?fbclid=IwAR3U8m9wwtw9_r3GWeTUJ1q5HU8oLHxFxgqTrKEBEZILI8c3IMxbwRrQHxg[quoted

1 week later
#1189 1 year ago

Hey All - I wanted to throw a couple of comet spotlights in my Oktoberfest, but I can't seem to figure how / what to tap into. I'm probably a total noob here on AP machines, but the bulbs aren't coming out as easily as a Stern or my Bally/Williams and I don't want to pull too hard. Also, I can't find +/- for the alligator clips like I did for my JJP, etc. Are the bulbs attached to the PCBs on an AP removable? That would be all I need to plug the comet bulb in. Thoughts?

Thanks.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Hey All - I wanted to throw a couple of comet spotlights in my Oktoberfest, but I can't seem to figure how / what to tap into. I'm probably a total noob here on AP machines, but the bulbs aren't coming out as easily as a Stern or my Bally/Williams and I don't want to pull too hard. Also, I can't find +/- for the alligator clips like I did for my JJP, etc. Are the bulbs attached to the PCBs on an AP removable? That would be all I need to plug the comet bulb in. Thoughts?
Thanks.

I believe all the bulbs in this game are attached to circuit boards as they are rgb so don't try to pull them out.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I believe all the bulbs in this game are attached to circuit boards as they are rgb so don't try to pull them out.

Ah thank you. Any thoughts on a source to connect comet spotlights red & balck alligator clips maybe?

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Ah thank you. Any thoughts on a source to connect comet spotlights red & balck alligator clips maybe?

I wouldn't be in a position to tell you how, as I wouldn't want to give bad advice and damage your machine. But I believe the bulbs are possibly running 12 volts. I would just use your voltmeter to find 12-13 volts and connect your spots there. But again, do it at your own risk.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I wouldn't be in a position to tell you how, as I wouldn't want to give bad advice and damage your machine. But I believe the bulbs are possibly running 12 volts. I would just use your voltmeter to find 12-13 volts and connect your spots there. But again, do it at your own risk.

Ya, good thought on the 12v. Appreciate it.

1 week later
#1194 1 year ago

I have a few of these beer barrel cup holders left. PM me if you are interested. Custom colors are available.

B51A3E22-72BA-4505-BB24-28DD12A15257 (resized).jpegB51A3E22-72BA-4505-BB24-28DD12A15257 (resized).jpegE7BFFDF0-DB69-4AD7-81FF-593D1F99D77E (resized).jpegE7BFFDF0-DB69-4AD7-81FF-593D1F99D77E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1195 1 year ago

Bought my Oktoberfest in February 2021 (manufactured December 2020) and finally got it set up in March 2022. (need to organize my basement) Loved playing from day one at Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA when they've had them and had to have my own, my first NIB pin! Have worked my way through this thread and am currently going through the other main one ("Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest...") but wanted to jump in here with a couple items.

One of the things that got me which I see has already been mentioned and should be addressed in the next update is during the Tap-It mode if an EB or other screen pop up occurs that it interrupts and often causes you to miss serving patrons and end the tent. Thanks for soon having this corrected!

One time I got the SOBER ball save event on my last ball, which I did not complete. When the game ended the SOBER screen remained on and I wasn't allowed to see the name entry screen for a high score I just recorded. I think it was still there "behind" the SOBER display but I had no means to see what I could enter. Don't have a log and haven't yet had it happen again or pulled the glass to manually try and trigger and see if it is reproducible, but worth taking a quick look if there is something in code that triggers this?

I like the way the bar works and the interesting method you came up with to score hits on it, but it seems the hits registering for me are temperamental. Yes, my bottom plate is flush with the playfield and I've had this happen on other machines. I don't hear the bar hit sound when I think it should register, and there is no visual clue how many hits remain to open the bar. In an email conversation Ferret did provide me his reasoning of why they pulled this count from the display (that it was confusing because there are ways to "quick finish" the bar and open it) but knowing that TENT and PROST can be finished by hits to the scoop and beer barrel respectively, with (as I've read) a quick finish of PROST if you combo left orbit to beer barrel, I can't say I agree with not showing the hits-to-open-bar count. If I felt the hits were more reliable I probably wouldn't be as interested in the counter, but on three Oktoberfests I've played I've felt they all seemed to not count what I thought were good hits at times. I wish I could figure out something to do here to get more shots to register.

Is there any way to quickly clear logs? I didn't see anything in the menus. I'm sure API has some way to quickly separate logs they're reviewing by pin power-on time but it would be nicer if I was going to send in logs to not have such a large file. If there is I'd make it a habit of clearing logs after every time I power on so if I capture something the data will be minimal. If not, how far into the boot counts as a "boot" towards clipping off one of the prior 10 logs? Oh I wish this booted quick like Hot Wheels...

And if anyone is interested, Aniraf and the team at NinjaCamp have been going crazy making great 3D printed TPU material mods for Stern's Rush. One of the things they've made as a part of this are rollover switch protectors. When I put in an order for parts for my Rush (my 2nd NIB pin) I ordered extra switch protectors. I just dropped them in place on the inlanes of my Oktoberfest. This looks like it will do well to help protect the area where the ball drops from the corkscrew wireform although I do need to do a bit of switch wire tweaking for 100% smooth operation. API put some mylar patches above the switch for protection, but the corkscrew wireform will drop right on the switch. It looks like the VUK/U-turn ramp wireform does drop the ball on the mylar instead of the switch, so the NinjaCamp protectors aren't as needed there. I did though ask if they'd consider making a longer protector that might extend to that area. Attached are pictures of the protectors installed on my Oktoberfest, I ordered them in the clear TPU. Product in the marketplace shop is here and the main NinjaCamp mods discussion thread is here.

20220429_132137 (resized).jpg20220429_132137 (resized).jpg20220429_132158 (resized).jpg20220429_132158 (resized).jpg

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

updates?

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Sober is brutal, i’ve gotten to it a few times but haven’t managed to get a grip on it yet.

How do you get this mode?

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you get this mode?

After you've activated and used the left outlane save a number of times, at some point instead of giving a straight up ball save it will be a "last call" event to spell SOBER. Number might be adjustable in settings.

Similarly, multiple activation/use of the right outlane save will eventually start the "re-entry" event instead of a ball save, where you need to skill plunge into the tent in order to continue. 3 chances, no flippers IIRC.

#1199 1 year ago

Special thanks to Huskerfan for printing these up. Pics do not do them justice. Used oil piant for the black, gave me the smooth metal band look I wanted. Takes forever to dry/cure. Absolutely love the way it looks. Prost!

IMG_0885 (resized).jpgIMG_0885 (resized).jpgIMG_0886 (resized).jpgIMG_0886 (resized).jpgIMG_0945 (resized).jpgIMG_0945 (resized).jpgIMG_0946 (resized).jpgIMG_0946 (resized).jpgIMG_0947 (resized).jpgIMG_0947 (resized).jpgIMG_0949 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_0949 - Copy (resized).jpg
#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Special thanks to Huskerfan for printing these up. Pics do not do them justice. Used oil piant for the black, gave me the smooth metal band look I wanted. Takes forever to dry/cure. Absolutely love the way it looks. Prost![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! So because I've been reading through the two main Oktoberfest threads and see all the noise about it, what is it that you've photographed the mugs on that has the preview/demo backglass artwork?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/24?hl=filimurz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.