IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 46.
#1101 2 years ago

Tell me if I am wrong, but I think Oktoberfest is the first to feature an interactive backglass game since they went to monitors? Tap It tent is a game just like they used to have video mode on DMD and the ball shooter on T3. Seems like pinball companies forgot about this feature since the introduction of OZ?

#1102 2 years ago

Actually, both Stern Star Wars and American Pinball Houdini had video modes a year or so before Oktoberfest debuted.

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Houdini had video modes

That video mode with trying to throw the card through the moving hoop(or something like that) was my favorite part of that game.

I probably should have kept Houdini longer, but the shots were so tight, and all of that weird giggling noise in the background got on my nerves.

Oktoberfest is not going anywhere though.

I love Oktoberfest!

#1104 2 years ago

So happy that you love Oktoberfest!

Latest Houdini code lets you avoid the giggling if you don't like that. Bring it back into the fold!

Hot Wheels is pretty dang fun too!

#1105 2 years ago

Thats right,I forgot about the card trick in Houdini. Glad you toned down that giggling, I wasn't a fan either. I'll get a Houdini some day,especially with that new update.

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

So happy that you love Oktoberfest!
Latest Houdini code lets you avoid the giggling if you don't like that.

the adjustment for the slingshot giggling has been around for a few releases. it always seem to be more noticeable on a stream and I don't really hear it when I play, but maybe my old ears just don't hear it.

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the adjustment for the slingshot giggling has been around for a few releases. it always seem to be more noticeable on a stream and I don't really hear it when I play, but maybe my old ears just don't hear it.

It is the same way with Hot wheels. When I would watch a stream I constantly heard the shrill of the air gun and thought it to be annoying. But in real life I hardly notice it while playing. I actually like the giggling on Houdini as it adds a level of creepiness to it.

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We are all such different creatures-
I like the standard setting for the slings.. Houdini along with the giggles makes me smile
It’s such an all-around fantastic machine!

#1109 2 years ago

Hi guys,
anyone had some in-game reboots issues?

I have an OF since yesterday, and it crashed and rebooted 2 times.
I have little clues about the conext it happened:
1st time, i was playing nicely, my score was about 1 million, the shaker rumbled and... boom. black screen, reboot.
2nd time, i just launched a corckscrew MB, played it for 30 sec and... boom. Black screen, reboot.

Any help?

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Hi guys,
anyone had some in-game reboots issues?
I have an OF since yesterday, and it crashed and rebooted 2 times.
I have little clues about the conext it happened:
1st time, i was playing nicely, my score was about 1 million, the shaker rumbled and... boom. black screen, reboot.
2nd time, i just launched a corckscrew MB, played it for 30 sec and... boom. Black screen, reboot.
Any help?

Yeah I’ve had it happen a few times with my brand new Oktoberfest. Randomly the machine just reboots for no apparent reason during gameplay. It’s happened maybe 4 times in 75 plays so far. I guess one of these days I should capture the logs when it happens. It really sucks when your having a great game & you get the black screen of death…..then have to suffer thru a long reboot, doh!

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Yeah I’ve had it happen a few times with my brand new Oktoberfest. Randomly the machine just reboots for no apparent reason during gameplay. It’s happened maybe 4 times in 75 plays so far. I guess one of these days I should capture the logs when it happens. It really sucks when your having a great game & you get the black screen of death…..then have to suffer thru a long reboot, doh!

Yeah, i totally agree,it is really frustrating....
The previous owner never had this problem.
I changed some of the setttings he did, including the number of replay levels (i set it to 4à
...maybe it is related to the replays?
I happened again today, dureing the bonus score....
Boohoohoo.

#1112 2 years ago

There is indeed a bug that can cause a crash if you have replay levels = 4. It’s fixed for the next code update… meanwhile, try going down to just 3 replay levels and see if that resolves the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#1113 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There is indeed a bug that can cause a crash if you have replay levels = 4. It’s fixed for the next code update… meanwhile, try going down to just 3 replay levels and see if that resolves the problem.

I bought my machine NIB in June with a Dec 2020 build date, I’ve never updated the code or made any adjustments in the settings. Hopefully the next code update will fix my random reboot issues as well.

#1114 2 years ago

Please don't hesitate to capture logs and send them in to us for analysis if you encounter any game bugs or crashes. We can only fix the problems that we know about. Thanks!

#1115 2 years ago

Just wanted to shout out AP for phenomenal customer service. Had an issue with the bar door seam. There was a fresh one in my mail box within the week. Well played AP. Well played.

#1116 2 years ago

Has anyone lit up the stock topper? If so, any details. Thanks.

#1117 2 years ago

I used under cabinet lighting to light the topper. It’s 12v led strip lights inside a cover hooked into the back box gi

4E9678AC-3A4E-47CF-B25C-10B1C686C534 (resized).jpeg4E9678AC-3A4E-47CF-B25C-10B1C686C534 (resized).jpeg90FEE590-0C76-4BCE-AF14-81A9C970E492 (resized).jpeg90FEE590-0C76-4BCE-AF14-81A9C970E492 (resized).jpegBD503E7F-8896-4B71-B5A9-E715932E740E (resized).jpegBD503E7F-8896-4B71-B5A9-E715932E740E (resized).jpegF66A7F55-8F55-4630-A16C-1ACA43A65E57 (resized).jpegF66A7F55-8F55-4630-A16C-1ACA43A65E57 (resized).jpeg
#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hey, I tried that today and it sems to work so far.
Thank you for your quick reply.

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

PM sent

#1120 2 years ago

Has anyone made or know any mod makers that have made target decals for the duck stand ups? Would be interested in buying. Thanks.

#1121 2 years ago

After a few games tonight, I have come to realize that Stein Race is by far the hardest mode in the game. Why do I suck so bad while playing that mode? Plus I have to shoot only certain shots to make it even harder? I guess I'll have to play more one handed beer in hand mode. Either I get better at it or become an alcoholic. Thanks, API.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Brenna was working on a kit, waiting on update....

1 week later
#1123 2 years ago

Hi!
Anyone knows where to find the new coil stop for the upper flip in Europe?
Available on the American Pinball site, but 50$ shipping..

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeZooNours:

Anyone knows where to find the new coil stop for the upper flip in Europe?
Available on the American Pinball site, but 50$ shipping..

Is it unique to Oktoberfest, or like every other Williams DMD era coil stop ?

LTG : )

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is it unique to Oktoberfest,

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/coil-stop-oktoberfest

It is longer. Sorry, no idea.

Any AP containers going to Europe that parts could go with to a distributor ?

#1126 2 years ago

I finally got my light up, animated Oktoberfest topper! Its not official but no one can tell the difference. I needed something for inbetween the mugs. They are only about $100. Lemax Yulesteiner Brewery.

SmartSelect_20210921-234621_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210921-234621_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I finally got my light up, animated Oktoberfest topper! Its not official but no one can tell the difference. I needed something for inbetween the mugs. They are only about $100. Lemax Yulesteiner Brewery.
[quoted image]

Very cool. Where did you get it?

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lots of places. Here is one.
amazon.com link »

thanks. What about those beer mugs? Are they just mounted to the top of the back box? Very cool.

#1130 2 years ago

Hey guys. My Oktoberfest bar door is binding somewhere and not opening/closing. It moves with a bit of help, so stepper motor looks to be good. But you can fell it binding on the last part of opening. Had a quick look to re align, but seems like a bit of a nightmare to drop the mech down. Is it a bad as it looks. I couldn’t see an easy way of getting the subway out without removing a lot of stuff first. Am I just not seeing the obvious? Any help would be much appreciated

#1131 2 years ago

I am having an issue with my game where it will sometimes switch players and immediately say “ball saved” and launch a ball. I’ve done all of the standard switch testing/playfield pounding. I just replaced multiple optos I found were faulty. I dropped the trough kicker power way down to make sure it hits that switch only once. Long story short, I haven’t been able to fix this since I bought it :/. I am sure I can grab a USB and get the logs, but in the interim is there a way to disable the chase ball for my tournament on Monday?

#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

thanks. What about those beer mugs? Are they just mounted to the top of the back box? Very cool.

They were made for a wall mount and I had to convert them to table top by making a base. Good luck finding the pair.

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from Carl_85:

Hey guys. My Oktoberfest bar door is binding somewhere and not opening/closing. It moves with a bit of help, so stepper motor looks to be good. But you can fell it binding on the last part of opening. Had a quick look to re align, but seems like a bit of a nightmare to drop the mech down. Is it a bad as it looks. I couldn’t see an easy way of getting the subway out without removing a lot of stuff first. Am I just not seeing the obvious? Any help would be much appreciated

The sticker that is on the bar door is starting to peel up in the back, causing the door to bind up and not work, I'll bet. And yes, it is a bit of a pain to remove the assembly. You will have to physically remove the wood part of the bar from the top in order to remove the assembly from the bottom. And to do that you will have to remove the yellow ramp, the beer barrel, and the subway underneath. Good luck with that. How do I know all this? I just had to do it myself.

20210801_092004 (resized).jpg20210801_092004 (resized).jpg
#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The sticker that is on the bar door is starting to peel up in the back, causing the door to bind up and not work, I'll bet. And yes, it is a bit of a pain to remove the assembly. You will have to physically remove the wood part of the bar from the top in order to remove the assembly from the bottom. And to do that you will have to remove the yellow ramp, the beer barrel, and the subway underneath. Good luck with that. How do I know all this? I just had to do it myself.
[quoted image]

I did this, I didn't remove any ramps or barrel? It just comes down through the bottom?

#1135 2 years ago

In order to remove the mech I had to remove the wood decoration from the bar. I couldn't do that until I partially removed the yellow ramp and the habitrail to the beer barrel lock to access the screws and have enough room to remove it. Then I had to remove the bottom subway in order to reach the 4 bolts holding the door mech.

If there is an easier way please let me know.

#1136 2 years ago

Ferret are the logs encrypted? I just pulled them and they look encrypted. Is there a way for me to read these and figure out why it auto saves when it switches players occasionally?

#1137 2 years ago

Got an Oktoberfest shipping soon, hopefully only 6-8 weeks to get to Oz.
Apart from a theme that I love and watching the gameplay of the latest code, one of the things that sealed the deal is the massive amount of customer support/interaction on pinside by the gents at AP.

Great work Ferret & rosh

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Got an Oktoberfest shipping soon, hopefully only 6-8 weeks to get to Oz.
Apart from a theme that I love and watching the gameplay of the latest code, one of the things that sealed the deal is the massive amount of customer support/interaction on pinside by the gents at AP.
Great work Ferret & rosh

I couldn't agree more...but don't forget Dave Brennan, he has also become a vital part of the support team. His instructional tech videos are very helpful...API has definitely set the standard in customer support.

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ferret are the logs encrypted? I just pulled them and they look encrypted. Is there a way for me to read these and figure out why it auto saves when it switches players occasionally?

They are obfuscated, yes. Seriously, you wouldn't really want to look at 'em anyway, they're quite a PITA to slog through.

Feel free to send us the logs along with the time stamp of when you observed the error, we're happy to help.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

In order to remove the mech I had to remove the wood decoration from the bar. I couldn't do that until I partially removed the yellow ramp and the habitrail to the beer barrel lock to access the screws and have enough room to remove it. Then I had to remove the bottom subway in order to reach the 4 bolts holding the door mech.
If there is an easier way please let me know.

Its been awhile, when I fixed mine I left the wood bar alone? I untightened the screws from the top I believe and it dropped far enough down to make the repair.

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

it auto saves when it switches players occasionally?

Watch this

Get one of these: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

And yes, share logs with Ferret

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Watch this
Get one of these: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809
And yes, share logs with Ferret

Thanks for the info, it was very interesting, informative and well presented. As I've said many times before, this is the kind of customer service that has made me a Houdini and Oktoberfest owner.

When I first got Oktoberfest, I had some balls locked and didn't clear them when lifting the playfield. The balls fell out of the locks and I put them back in the outlane trough. When I started playing the next game, it began giving me strange, unearned multi balls. It seemed like it still thought there were supposed to be locked balls but since they weren't there it got confused. Since then, I always clear the balls using the service menu and haven't had any issues like that since.

1 week later
#1143 2 years ago

I was asked to "Fix" the address to the current plant location. Might as well make some improvements while I'm at it.
Here's the updated Oktoberfest manual: http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-10/Okto-english-manual-10-5-21.pdf

2 weeks later
#1144 2 years ago

Question, are there any six ball multi balls in Oktoberfest? Juggling maybe with enough add a balls?

#1145 2 years ago

Yes, Juggling can get to 6 balls. I believe both Stein Slinging and Flipper Meister can, also.

#1147 2 years ago

Does anyone have the direct download link to update the game code for Oktoberfest? I am too impatient to wait for the website to be back up.

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Does anyone have the direct download link to update the game code for Oktoberfest? I am too impatient to wait for the website to be back up.

I tried before posting, but it didn't work either.
I have the updates on flashdrive, I can try and email them maybe when i get home.

#1149 2 years ago

The website is back up now.

#1150 2 years ago

I am going to test fit another part I designed later today. This part is intended to prevent the ball from getting stuck between the barrel, side ramp, and habitrail.

It simply uses the two screws that are already on the side ramp. If it works well, I will upload it to thingiverse tonight.

okto stuck ball protector (resized).pngokto stuck ball protector (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.