4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0804 (resized).jpeg
E219F1A7-33FE-44EC-BEA9-7793FFBC2135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpeg
20240209_183019 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 17-17-36 (resized).png
View recent photos (resized).jpeg
IMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
20240120_170206 (resized).jpg

There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 46.
#1051 2 years ago

If you can send us the logs, that would be great to see if they shed some light on what went funky there. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Nice. Good find.
I suspect my issue is similar. Hopefully.
My Otto really does seem lost, looking for something. I’m going to investigate this optic tomorrow.
Thanks

My Otto was doing the exact same thing and I ended up narrowing it down to one of the coaster ramp optos. Make sure you slightly pound on the playfield when you are in switch test. It will help you find faulty switches.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I noticed that recently my bar door wouldn't open all the way so I went to investigate. It appears that the sticker on the bar door is starting to lift and is curling back, causing it to jam up against the inner post and wire bundle. I used a pick to try and adhere the sticker back down but after a few plays it is back to binding again.
It looks like I am going to have to remove the entire assembly to fix the issue but not sure how to go about it. If I remove Otto and the wood bar around the door, will I be able to remove it from below? There is a ton of stuff in the way above and below so it looks to be a challenging disassembly. I plan on just slicing away the decal that is lifting with a razor blade.
I would just like to know if there is an easier way to access the door on the left side?
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

I had that, take Otto off and unscrew the bar,3 screws? You may be able to reach it better and dab some powerful glue under it. I havnt had any problems since?

#1054 2 years ago

Added to the line up, and gotta say, OF does draw people in. Tightened it up and made it pretty easy. People seem to really enjoy the tent modes.

For tourney nights, set it up harder and it's brutally punishing. Perfect.

Great pin.

20210717_214432 (resized).jpg20210717_214432 (resized).jpg
#1055 2 years ago

Disassembly was easier than I anticipated. Here is the culprit. I just trimmed it off and back to 100%.

20210801_092004 (resized).jpg20210801_092004 (resized).jpg
#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Added to the line up, and gotta say, OF does draw people in. Tightened it up and made it pretty easy. People seem to really enjoy the tent modes.
For tourney nights, set it up harder and it's brutally punishing. Perfect.
Great pin.
[quoted image]

Balcer's Simpson's Pinball Party is on my list as well. I think the couch shot is equally satisfing as the beer barrel.

#1057 2 years ago

Beer barrel is even more fun when you get the Picard maneuver ,I love it but mine needed a ramp cover to make reliable,so fun and the game will say Picard maneuver one in a while!great underrated game

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you can send us the logs, that would be great to see if they shed some light on what went funky there. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey no big deal Ferret, just a home game here but on a route game it would be a show stopper.

#1059 2 years ago

Hello again guys, while I'm certain contained within the previous 22 pages the answer to this exists, nevertheless... Walked by OF this evening and heard a vibrating sound. Popped the hood and found the bar door stepper motor the culprit.

Door does not function in test, if turned manually, it doesn't return, though registers both optos. Scanning the thread I see the door is a source of some frustration. Would anyone be so kind as to provide a lead? I see the service bulletin, swapping the leads and will do so tomorrow. Any bullseyes on the issue? Thanks gentlemen.

#1060 2 years ago

Door does not function in test, if turned manually, it doesn't return, though registers both optos. Scanning the thread I see the door is a source of some frustration.

#1061 2 years ago

So it appears the weld broke. What are my options.

20210806_151207 (resized).jpg20210806_151207 (resized).jpg
#1062 2 years ago

Go to american-pinball.com and open a support ticket. See what they advise.

LTG : )

#1063 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Unfortunately I don't see much weld to break. Looks more like a tack weld. I think API needs to address this for any of their stock on hand and for future builds. As for those of us who already have Oktoberfest... I guess we'll just have to watch and see. At least I know another thing to look for if something comes up.

#1064 2 years ago

Question for the American pinball folks. Is the “choose wisely” voice for that quote when choosing the Stein the same podcaster guy that did some voice work for Rick and Morty? Sure sounds like it.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Question for the American pinball folks. Is the “choose wisely” voice for that quote when choosing the Stein the same podcaster guy that did some voice work for Rick and Morty? Sure sounds like it.

Let the credits roll on the screen and see if it is on there?

#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Nope, Jeff Parsons of the Pinball Players Podcast did not do any voicework for Oktoberfest.

1 week later
#1067 2 years ago

I know a while back someone was asking if the mylar near the slingshots (the half circle ones) is easily removable. I am not sure if it was Oktoberfest or Hot Wheel someone was asking about but I did recently remove mine with very little trouble and no damage. I just used a plastic razor blade and worked it under while pulling up gently and it came right off. No heating, no freezing.

#1069 2 years ago

That’s the clever part of the Oktoberfest business plan… we get the entire world to advertise for us (for free!) every year.

#1070 2 years ago

I am making a few more changes to my oktoberfest side ramp airball protector. I am adding a few stubs to the under side of it to intentionally interfere with the ball to slow it down enough so that it will ride along the habitrail nicely.

When the ball goes through the ramp and habitrail too fast, it will either fall off the habitrail and get stuck, or it will collide with the barrel ball guides, bounce, and then potentially get stuck between the side ramp and habitrail. I already bent the barrel entrance ball guides more than I would like and am still having this issue.

I thought about modeling and 3d printing protectors for the common places the ball gets stuck, but I am certain that most of these stuck balls were caused by fast side ramp shots that prevent the ball from traveling the intended path nicely. I would like to address the issue as close to the source as possible and with the fewest number of parts, so I think this part is the way to go.

Here is the download link to my original part. It is a basic airball protector that might help you if you are having airballs from that ramp. My new design takes things further and will more directly maintain control of a fast ball. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4807108

I will test my new part next week, fine tune it, and then I will upload it to thingiverse.

top view (resized).jpgtop view (resized).jpgview1 (resized).jpgview1 (resized).jpgview2 (resized).jpgview2 (resized).jpg
#1071 2 years ago

I've added this ball shield I CNC'd out of clear plastic. Can't even notice it. Helps keep the odd wild ball from flying loose...

Beer Barrel Ramp Shield (resized).jpgBeer Barrel Ramp Shield (resized).jpg

#1072 2 years ago

I installed it earlier today (my machine is on location), it fits pretty well, but I need the stubs to be a little lower so it will contact the ball a bit more.

I also noticed that the back of the ramp was sloped towards the back of the machine, which means that a slow moving ball could "valley" back there. I would like the ramp to not dip down towards the back of the machine, so I will add some washers or something else to increase the height of the back of the ramp.

#1073 2 years ago

This is so wierd? I have never had a ball problem at the curvature? I wonder if it is a later run?

#1074 2 years ago

The ball flying off the ramp only seems to happen when I hit a Picard maneuver or similar speed. Off the magnet or out of the pops would hardly ever cause it to jump out, at least on my machine.

#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

This is so wierd? I have never had a ball problem at the curvature? I wonder if it is a later run?

It's not often - I'd say its happened around 6 times in the 7 months I've owned the machine. When it has happened though the ball all but one time flew off the back lodging itself in an area where one needs to pull the glass out a bit and use a magnet or something to free it. As Scoot mentioned - the risk is higher when the ball is travelling fast like in the "Picard" maneuver! I've done the other checks and adjustments as AP has recommended - this is just a bit of extra insurance.

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The ball flying off the ramp only seems to happen when I hit a Picard maneuver or similar speed. Off the magnet or out of the pops would hardly ever cause it to jump out, at least on my machine.

True most of the time,I wish I could hit that Picard more often! Now I made the ramp cover.

#1077 2 years ago

I never had a ball "valley" in that ramp area before, I just don't like how there is potential for it to valley there.

My oktoberfest is an early machine, so it is possible that there were subtle changes made since then.

(ie: the upper flipper coil stop was one of the subtle changes made, they sent me the part at no cost, and all new machines had that installed at the factory since then.)

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I never had a ball "valley" in that ramp area before, I just don't like how there is potential for it to valley there.
My oktoberfest is an early machine, so it is possible that there were subtle changes made since then.
(ie: the upper flipper coil stop was one of the subtle changes made, they sent me the part at no cost, and all new machines had that installed at the factory since then.)

Mine was built 12/2020 and I’ve had the ball in the valley issue. I haven’t since I put cover on the ramp, though.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

only happened a few times, bt now that you say it that seems consistent when it does happen with mine. Maybe Q is causing it after getting drunk at Oktoberfest!

#1080 2 years ago

I was enjoying playing Baywatch recently and thought it reminds me of my Oktoberfest. I looked it up and sure enough it was Balcer. If you like playing Oktoberfest I recommend giving it a try. Many similarities.

SmartSelect_20210826-233922_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20210826-233922_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1081 2 years ago

Every time I think Oktoberfest pinball, I think that AP could have seized the opportunity to release the McKenzie Brothers instead. Aye, hosers!!!!

CB27A777-D3EC-4B8A-B7AD-7C23AD20B858 (resized).jpegCB27A777-D3EC-4B8A-B7AD-7C23AD20B858 (resized).jpeg
#1082 2 years ago

I’d be in on a factory retheme Octoberfest to Strange Brew!

#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’d be in on a factory retheme Octoberfest to Strange Brew!

Here's to Johnny Utah (one of my fav local brews) and Oktoberfest!

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I was enjoying playing Baywatch recently and thought it reminds me of my Oktoberfest. I looked it up and sure enough it was Balcer. If you like playing Oktoberfest I recommend giving it a try. Many similarities.
[quoted image]

Baywatch is one of the few pins I regret selling. But it did help pay for my Houdini...

#1085 2 years ago

Picked up a 6-pack of this at lunchtime to try later today while playing pinball.

Wish I had an Oktoberfest game to go with it!

Founders Oktoberfest (resized).jpgFounders Oktoberfest (resized).jpg

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Baywatch is one of the few pins I regret selling

was it immamaculate ?

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

was it immamaculate ?

No, unfortunately it had legs.

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Every time I think Oktoberfest pinball, I think that AP could have seized the opportunity to release the McKenzie Brothers instead. Aye, hosers!!!!
[quoted image]

They still could but Strange Brew has nothing to do with Oktoberfest...Strange Brew is all about the pursuit for free beer by two hilarious Canadians.

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

They still could but Strange Brew has nothing to do with Oktoberfest...Strange Brew is all about the pursuit for free beer by two hilarious Canadians.

Hosehead multiball!!!!

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Take off aye, the Beatles had nothing to do with Seawitch. If we could squeeze enough piss out, Oktoberfest could be reskinned as Strange Brew and sell 4 times as many. [insert ominous hockey music]

#1091 2 years ago

Hey AP team, any idea why my ramp hold would start failing? The ramp lower test will fire, but ramp hold will not work. In the game, I cannot get the ramp to trigger at all . I can unlock the coaster but the ramp stays up and never even attempts to drop. I’m also getting a warning on the switch test in the dashboard, but I think everything is correct? Here is the picture of the switch test.

3F6F377A-6488-4C4E-A15D-EAC2849AD092 (resized).jpeg3F6F377A-6488-4C4E-A15D-EAC2849AD092 (resized).jpeg
#1092 2 years ago

Check your Left Orbit switch. It looks like it's activated, and the ramp won't go down if it thinks that switch is closed (so it doesn't trap a ball behind the ramp flap). Of course, it would affect the game's ability to award left orbit shots if that switch is malfunctioning.

The Coaster Lock switches are probably red because balls haven't been able to reach the upper lock if the ramp flap isn't dropping.

Hope this helps!

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Check your Left Orbit switch. It looks like it's activated, and the ramp won't go down if it thinks that switch is closed (so it doesn't trap a ball behind the ramp flap). Of course, it would affect the game's ability to award left orbit shots if that switch is malfunctioning.
The Coaster Lock switches are probably red because balls haven't been able to reach the upper lock if the ramp flap isn't dropping.
Hope this helps!

Call me crazy, but every opto off this board has been giving me issue over the last few months. Is it possible the board is bad? Could I just order another one?

47F1A995-6909-4FE3-92DA-E57A7C7865EF (resized).jpeg47F1A995-6909-4FE3-92DA-E57A7C7865EF (resized).jpeg
#1094 2 years ago

Sorry, I do not know the answer to that, beyond the obvious things I suspect you've already checked like "make sure all the connectors are seated firmly".

But @brenna98's API Support probably knows.

You can file a service ticket here:
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sorry, I do not know the answer to that, beyond the obvious things I suspect you've already checked like "make sure all the connectors are seated firmly".
But brenna98's API Support probably knows.
You can file a service ticket here:
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

No problem, I appreciate the immediate feedback!! This whole part of my game has failed over and over and I’ve replaced all of the optos. I have to believe it is the board at this point. I’ll open a formal service ticket and get the amazing support you always provide!

#1096 2 years ago

Sounds good. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a lot of trouble with this, but hopefully you're able to get a solution that fixes it once and for all.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sounds good. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a lot of trouble with this, but hopefully you're able to get a solution that fixes it once and for all.

No issue, the game ran great for a long time. It just so happens to have a weird bug I can’t find right now. It happens. The important thing is that AP supports the games amazingly!

#1098 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Take off aye, the Beatles had nothing to do with Seawitch. If we could squeeze enough piss out, Oktoberfest could be reskinned as Strange Brew and sell 4 times as many. [insert ominous hockey music]

I am sure we could, or API rather, and it would no doubt be cool...but we would need a Hockey rink with a goalie to shoot at...Guess Otto's bar would work there and put Bob McKenzie on top in Storm Trooper Goalie gear. As far as Oktoberfest, I am a bit biased, I am a hard core Oktoberfest fan, not just for the game which I love but I have been to 11 Munich Oktoberfests and I am part of a German Club here in Ohio...we have our own O'Fest every year.

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

every opto off this board has been giving me issue over the last few months. Is it possible the board is bad? Could I just order another one?

PM sent. Give me a call if you want to walk through some troubleshooting together.

#1100 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/1196647007026809/posts/4724057344285740/

Screenshot_20210902-113600_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210902-113600_Facebook (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.