IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 46.
#1001 2 years ago

Joined the club tonight. I’m super stoked! Practically brand new. Built Dec 2020 and has under 100 games! I can’t wait for the topper light.

82B76800-87AC-4E56-BEB1-6204D93B941D (resized).jpeg82B76800-87AC-4E56-BEB1-6204D93B941D (resized).jpeg
#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Otto indeed triggers the “bartender home” switch
Does anything look unusual in this switch testing result in terms of something activated that shouldn’t be?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Probably won't help your overly active Otto but your right sling shot switch is closed.

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Probably won't help your overly active Otto but your right sling shot switch is closed.

Did not notice, was not on 8n first photo, but certainly could be a factor if that is not gapped right

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Yes, knicker during duck hunt, target shooting and bumper cats check the settings to be sure it is enabled,

Was the knocker an option? I don't think I have one. Went through the test modes...tried mechanical and audio. Turned it on in modes...don't hear it anywhere.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Was the knocker an option? I don't think I have one.

Look through your game. If not in there you can add it. I don't know if they came with them or not.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/oktoberfest-knocker-kit

LTG : )

#1006 2 years ago

Hey all, what degree pitch is your game set at? The manual says it’s 6 degrees with the leg bolts all the way in, I’m just not sure if that’s the recommended pitch. Thanks!

#1007 2 years ago

6 degrees pitch is what’s recommended by the designer, yes.

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Did not notice, was not on 8n first photo, but certainly could be a factor if that is not gapped right

Good eye.

I saw that but then it disappeared when I checked again. There’s was another switch that fired like 10 times right when I went into that screen but then never again. Weird. That’s pinball.

Wednesday I plan to pull the history & send it to AP. In the meantime I’m checking for common denominators while playing.

I gotta say, if there was one thing to malfunction just before a July 4th party, I’d want it to be Otto. The game still plays fine without him, in a pinch. Whew!

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

6 degrees pitch is what’s recommended by the designer, yes.

Thanks ferret! Other owners are you going steeper than 6? The guy I bought it from had it a 7 degrees.

#1010 2 years ago

I am running my usual 6.5. No issues to report.

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Joined the club tonight. I’m super stoked! Practically brand new. Built Dec 2020 and has under 100 games! I can’t wait for the topper light.

Congrats! That Back to the Future looks familiar

#1012 2 years ago

Otto head just goes around and around,,never stops. Help. Please

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

Otto head just goes around and around,,never stops. Help. Please

PM sent

#1014 2 years ago

Does anyone know of a place in the DFW area where they have this available to play? Would love a chance to flip it before I potentially buy it. If not, I might just take the plunge.

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

[quoted image]

What topper light?

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

What topper light?

brenna98 is working on one.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Does anyone know of a place in the DFW area where they have this available to play? Would love a chance to flip it before I potentially buy it. If not, I might just take the plunge.

You can try looking at the owners map on pinside and reaching out? Everyone on here is usually more than happy to let you try it out and answer questions. I'm sure their is one near Fredricksburg given the size of their Oktoberfest!

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from Jayzerblade:

I just reseated all those connections and it’s fixed. You guys are the best!!! Can’t wait to see what the next game will be.

impeccable customer service they really care about their customers

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Just take a vacation to Vermont. You can come over and play.

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Just take a vacation to Vermont. You can come over and play.

Ha! Will keep that in mind Scoot!

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Added a cap to the ramp. Nothing special but it works great. Sorry about the sideways pic, for some reason I was unable to rotate it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a couple of these if anyone is look'n, send me a PM. I am selling them relatively cheap, just trying to make a couple bucks for making them.
B642EADB-96D5-4FDD-A8FA-7C46E21C7158 (resized).jpegB642EADB-96D5-4FDD-A8FA-7C46E21C7158 (resized).jpegEF95818B-453F-4ECE-A491-C11ADB55CE47 (resized).jpegEF95818B-453F-4ECE-A491-C11ADB55CE47 (resized).jpeg

#1022 2 years ago

Just got my knocker in the mail. Does it mount in the upper left backbox? I can't find the other wire pigtail to connect it.

Also, what gives extra balls? I earned two last game but not sure how.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does it mount in the upper left backbox? I can't find the other wire pigtail to connect it.

The instructions are posted in a PDF on AP's website!

#1024 2 years ago

Put that new coil stop in the upper flipper. HUGE improvement for hitting the barrel ramp.

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Also, what gives extra balls? I earned two last game but not sure how.

X number of ducks collected, X number of steins collected, X number of tents played... these are all adjustable via Settings > Oktoberfest.

EB lit is also available as a Mystery award.

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

X number of ducks collected, X number of steins collected, X number of tents played... these are all adjustable via Settings > Oktoberfest.
EB lit is also available as a Mystery award.

I changed my high score awards to extra balls, so now I’m really getting those ducks!

#1027 2 years ago

I am wondering about the limited travel top flipper. Did we lose a direct shot to the bar as a result? I think I have made the shot with the limited travel flipper but I am not sure and if I have it was way hard. Otherwise the only way to shoot the bar is off the pop bumper or from a plunge. Not entirely a big deal, just something I thought of the other day.

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Otherwise the only way to shoot the bar is off the pop bumper or from a plunge.

Random tidbit: my favorite way to shoot the bar is actually a ricochet off the PROST targets (typically from a left flipper shot).

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I am wondering about the limited travel top flipper. Did we lose a direct shot to the bar as a result?

I have the newer coil stop and don’t find that shot any harder. When I want to hit the bar I make the shot as soon as the ball is free of the right orbit! I also like doing the shot that Ferret does…

#1031 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Random tidbit: my favorite way to shoot the bar is actually a ricochet off the PROST targets (typically from a left flipper shot).

I know it has happened but I never focused on purposely trying to make it this way. Probably a much more reliable way than bouncing it off the pop.

Slick I will try your approach also. It just didn't look like it was physically possible.

#1032 2 years ago

Yeah, once you find the proper angle on your machine, it’s surprisingly easy to hit the bar that way. I rarely shoot the bar with the upper flipper — save that for the ramp or striker shot.

#1033 2 years ago

Did y’all figure it out?

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Did y’all figure it out?

Yup. The U opto under the Otto head that tells the home position had a wire pulled loose. I asked the API store to add this so he can replace it.

#1035 2 years ago

Excited for the light strip for the topper! Any idea of timing or great ideas how to?
I see on the board a spot to connect a topper light to but am unsure of right connector, also don't wanna fry my board hahahha.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Excited for the light strip for the topper! Any idea of timing or great ideas how to?
I see on the board a spot to connect a topper light to but am unsure of right connector, also don't wanna fry my board hahahha.

The topper light on my Houdini is just a 12 volt light strip that attaches to the backbox lighting. I would imagine it should be really easy to attach it there and feed it up through one of the holes in the head.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Yup. The U opto under the Otto head that tells the home position had a wire pulled loose. I asked the API store to add this so he can replace it.

Nice. Good find.

I suspect my issue is similar. Hopefully.

My Otto really does seem lost, looking for something. I’m going to investigate this optic tomorrow.

Thanks

#1038 2 years ago

Having a ton of fun with OKT. Such an underrated game.

Now I have to figure out some high scoring strategies. Was happy with my 3.5m game until I checked the scores posted here.

#1039 2 years ago

Very glad that you're loving Oktoberfest!

There are SO many strategic options, but the single monster strategy is probably: WIN several tents on the same ball. Tent Win Bonus can become incredibly valuable.

Obviously, easier said than done.

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

WIN several tents on the same ball. Tent Win Bonus can become incredibly valuable

shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ! dont tell big points secret to evbd...

#1041 2 years ago

Sorry! Didn't mean to kill your competitive edge.

We got a Hot Wheels at our league location... I've been sharing every detail I can think of with everyone who asks. So far I've had the edge just from sheer knowledge of rules... but I know that won't last long, as players with superior flipper skills get the hang of it and take over. I'm OK with that...

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

...We got a Hot Wheels at our league location...

this one still on my wishlist... soon or later...

#1043 2 years ago

Ferret Is there a rule sheet that can be downloaded and read? There is still so much I can't figure out through just playing. It would be nice to have a single source to reference to learn how to come up with a strategy that best fits my playing style

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:Ferret Is there a rule sheet that can be downloaded and read? There is still so much I can't figure out through just playing. It would be nice to have a single source to reference to learn how to come up with a strategy that best fits my playing style

Rule sheet, not really a strategy guide, but might help . . .

http://tiltforums.com/t/oktoberfest-pinball-on-tap-rulesheet/5353

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

That was helpful. Just a couple questions

So steins, calories, and # of ducks all add to point values in tents?

And, besides the Reclab Redrum stein, how do I increase the bonus multiplier?

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

So steins, calories, and # of ducks all add to point values in tents?

Ducks increase the base scoring levels of all tent modes. (The exact details vary for each tent mode.)

Each stein acts as a scoring multiplier for the one specific tent mode that it's paired with. These accumulate linearly, so for example, if you have 1 Frosty Ferret, Duck Hunt scores at 2X; if you have 2 Frosty Ferrets, Duck Hunt scores at 3X; etc.

Calories increase the base scoring levels of Corkscrew and Beer Barrel Multiball jackpots. No effect on tents.

Quoted from Hop-Pac:

And, besides the Reclab Redrum stein, how do I increase the bonus multiplier?

Bonus X is increased by hitting each of the 4 unique duck targets. (This also lights Mystery.) When you do this, Bonus X increases by 1 + the number of Reclab Redrum steins that you have. Just having a Reclab Redrum stein doesn't automatically increase Bonus X, you still gotta shoot the duck targets.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Thanks for the link to the rules. It definitely gave me a deeper understanding of how the steins, tents and ducks can be combined to maximize the scoring opportunities. Last night I was able to get 20.2 million points for the first time in an epic 15 minute game. For comparison, my previous high score was 3.9 million points. I’m really loving this game. The shots are fun, the callouts are entertaining and the depth of the rules will give me many hours and games of discovery. It has become my go-to game to play.

#1048 2 years ago

I noticed that recently my bar door wouldn't open all the way so I went to investigate. It appears that the sticker on the bar door is starting to lift and is curling back, causing it to jam up against the inner post and wire bundle. I used a pick to try and adhere the sticker back down but after a few plays it is back to binding again.

It looks like I am going to have to remove the entire assembly to fix the issue but not sure how to go about it. If I remove Otto and the wood bar around the door, will I be able to remove it from below? There is a ton of stuff in the way above and below so it looks to be a challenging disassembly. I plan on just slicing away the decal that is lifting with a razor blade.

I would just like to know if there is an easier way to access the door on the left side?

Thanks for any help.

VideoCapture_20210801-065737 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20210801-065737 (resized).jpg
#1049 2 years ago

Sausage (resized).jpgSausage (resized).jpg
#1050 2 years ago

Bug:

I had Chugging going, started Corkscrew multiball, shot two balls into the beer barrel, one emptied eventually (as typical during these modes from what I can see) the second ball in the lock was still going through its "hold cycle", two balls on the field drained, game never ejected that second ball in the beer barrel and just sat waiting. Game had to be cancelled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/21?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.