IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 46.
#951 2 years ago

Got about 30 plays on my game and the bar door stopped working. I lifted the playfield and found this. Looks like it’s missing the set screws? How many should be installed? I checked everywhere inside the cabinet and found no loose screws. I’m guessing the set screws were forgot at the factory and it worked a bit because of the little amount of friction that was there.

What size and type of screw do I need? Would someone mind posting a picture of theirs?

FDE25097-5139-4EC4-B5AD-9776A66BA00A (resized).jpegFDE25097-5139-4EC4-B5AD-9776A66BA00A (resized).jpeg
#952 2 years ago

Also, where does the shaker motor and the knocker get installed?

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Got about 30 plays on my game and the bar door stopped working. I lifted the playfield and found this. Looks like it’s missing the set screws? How many should be installed? I checked everywhere inside the cabinet and found no loose screws. I’m guessing the set screws were forgot at the factory and it worked a bit because of the little amount of friction that was there.
What size and type of screw do I need? Would someone mind posting a picture of theirs?
[quoted image]

I had this same problem. The bar door worked for the first week then it wouldn't close. Turned out the set screw was loose but fortunately it didn't fall out.

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What size and type of screw do I need?

Look inside the threaded holes.
Get out your hex wrench set. A 5/64 hex should be the size you need to snug up the set screws.

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Get out your hex wrench set. A 5/64 hex should be the size you need to snug up the set screws.

Thank you for the quick response!

Does it matter where anything is when I tighten it down? Or can I just snug it down and it will open and close where it needs to because of the opto sensors?

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

just snug it down and it will open and close where it needs to because of the opto sensors

This^

#957 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I made this video last month, but didn't set it to "public" view. Guess it will be helpful for more than a few people.

Thats great you are making these videos for people Dave, thank you. I bend my tab the opposite way to direct the ball more towards the plunger and less directed towards the side wall. You know I knew I was getting a rebound but it was one of those “I’ll get to it later” type of things. I’ve had it happen on other games so I wasn’t quick to adjust it. I didn’t realize the problem would have such a negative effect on the game though.

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image]

You may also want to check the motor mount for Otto while you are in this area also. Mine came loose so the “home” tab was rubbing on the opto which will damage it eventually. If you remove Otto (he is held on by magnets, just gently pull up on him) you will see a square hole in his mounting plate. Turn that plate by hand and check each of the four screws you see. I put a tiny drop of medium thread lock on each one. They are small screws so you do not want to make it too difficult to remove if you ever have to.

#959 2 years ago

*duplicate*
Clean up on duplicate post requested

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

You may also want to check the motor mount for Otto while you are in this area also. Mine came loose so the “home” tab was rubbing on the opto which will damage it eventually. If you remove Otto (he is held on by magnets, just gently pull up on him) you will see a square hole in his mounting plate. Turn that plate by hand and check each of the four screws you see. I put a tiny drop of medium thread lock on each one. They are small screws so you do not want to make it too difficult to remove if you ever have to.

I will check this. Thanks!

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I made it.
Parts are on order for kits that will be available soon. I already made the installation video.

Nice! Ready to click and order - just send a link when they arrive.

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

This was the fix. Thank you!

Couple of quick questions.

1 - I locked all 3 balls in the beer barrel last night. I was expecting it to be a multiball, but it just kicked out one ball at a time. When I would drain a ball, it would kick another one out and so on. There were jackpot shots lit up during this mode. Is this normal? I expected it to kick all three out for a multiball. The one at a time thing was odd. I was actually kind of cool though.

2 - Is this the best thread to be discussing this game? Or is there a better "owners" thread? only 20 pages of chatter makes me think I'm in the wrong thread...

#963 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, where does the shaker motor and the knocker get installed?

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-9/Oktoberfest-Shaker-Installation.pdf and http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-5/Knocker-Installation.pdf from American Pinball Support here: https://www.american-pinball.com/support/ should help with the exact location (in the front half of the cabinet is the quick answer).

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This was the fix. Thank you!
Couple of quick questions.
1 - I locked all 3 balls in the beer barrel last night. I was expecting it to be a multiball, but it just kicked out one ball at a time. When I would drain a ball, it would kick another one out and so on. There were jackpot shots lit up during this mode. Is this normal? I expected it to kick all three out for a multiball. The one at a time thing was odd. I was actually kind of cool though.
2 - Is this the best thread to be discussing this game? Or is there a better "owners" thread? only 20 pages of chatter makes me think I'm in the wrong thread...

This is the right thread. We are just all busy playing our Oktoberfest pins...

With beer barrel multiball, you should hear Otto say, "This keg is tapped" and then kick out one ball at a time where the beer magnet will grab it and throw it around. Most times the beer magnet will catch all 3 balls and then they just come down to the flippers. Very occasionally there will be some odd behavior on my game, like you describe, but a quick reset of the power and all is back to normal. If you think you are having an issue, you can connect a usb drive to the inside of the cabinet to get the diagnostics and send to API. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

This is the right thread. We are just all busy playing our Oktoberfest pins...
With beer barrel multiball, you should hear Otto say, "This keg is tapped" and then kick out one ball at a time where the beer magnet will grab it and throw it around. Most times the beer magnet will catch all 3 balls and then they just come down to the flippers. Very occasionally there will be some odd behavior on my game, like you describe, but a quick reset of the power and all is back to normal. If you think you are having an issue, you can connect a usb drive to the inside of the cabinet to get the diagnostics and send to API. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/

Thanks for the head up on the beer barrel multiball. I will see what it does next time. So the normal behavior would be to drop all 3 balls and begin multiball, correct?

#966 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks for the head up on the beer barrel multiball. I will see what it does next time. So the normal behavior would be to drop all 3 balls and begin multiball, correct?

Yes. If you're seeing other behavior, use Switch Test to verify the behavior of the beer barrel lock switches with various numbers of balls installed.

BTW, to your other question: a lot of conversation about Oktoberfest also happens on the "Joe Balcer confirms Oktoberfest as American Pinball's next pin." thread.

#967 2 years ago

To get to Flipper Meister, do you have to WIN all tent modes, or just PLAY them?

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

To get to Flipper Meister, do you have to WIN all tent modes, or just PLAY them?

Just play them.

#969 2 years ago

but as its linked on how you've played them, if you want big points, you know what you have to do...

1c2943c5f8fe4899f611f9ec78dd6b2964358cd8 (resized).jpg1c2943c5f8fe4899f611f9ec78dd6b2964358cd8 (resized).jpg

#970 2 years ago

Yes. Winning several modes in the same ball can be insane points... it's all about Tent Win Bonus. And then you start thinking about some Reclab Red Rum Stout.

#971 2 years ago

I found the secret to chugging

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

What's the secret to Chugging?

Yeah, please post that and all the other secrets you may have.

Sometimes I change it up a little, but normally I start with Bumper Cars, to get more extra balls.

I love the fact this game has so many different things to try for.

I would love to know how to get a really big score. (yeah I know, make your shots), but as far as the bar, and tents, I would love to learn some secrets.

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

What's the secret to Chugging?

I will go to my grave with the secret

#975 2 years ago

Wait...Ferret didn’t you program this thing?

DDC70AE9-0E47-4B71-9145-80557BE03E5E (resized).jpegDDC70AE9-0E47-4B71-9145-80557BE03E5E (resized).jpeg
#976 2 years ago

Yep. That's why I'm wondering which secret you're talking about.

#977 2 years ago

There is more than one?

If you can hit that last shot for Inga again quickly you can drink Otto right under the table before he has a chance to pick up his stein.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:Yep. That's why I'm wondering which secret you're talking about.

Actually, I believe I coded chugging, and you know that I occasionally stray from what we have written in the rules doc Having said that, that’s two games ago, and despit doing something on octo this week, I don’t remember squat on chugging, and it is more likely that his secret is a bug.

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

that’s two games ago

Two games ago? What's the second game?

#980 2 years ago

Its actually a pretty good bug if it is one. The time is such that you need to be pretty quick or you will miss the window.

2 weeks later
#981 2 years ago

Unexpected pickup today. That side ramp is a toughy.

20210620_160449 (resized).jpg20210620_160449 (resized).jpg
#982 2 years ago

It's a real fun game! I snagged one last weekend on a trade and love it!

20210613_092017 (resized).jpg20210613_092017 (resized).jpg20210613_200902 (resized).jpg20210613_200902 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#983 2 years ago

I found a beer glass keychain on eBay and thought it would make a good shooter rod. I used clear jb weld to attach.

ebay.com link: itm

3AC6DAF6-FE9F-46D5-B940-EAB719907EB2 (resized).jpeg3AC6DAF6-FE9F-46D5-B940-EAB719907EB2 (resized).jpeg
#984 2 years ago

Happy July 4th gentlemen

Anyone ever have Otto start overreacting?

The dude is almost always moving.

Even when there’s not a game being played.

I don’t recall him ever being so active. The guy is looking back all the time too as if there’s switches being hit behind him.

There’s been so much Otto activity since I woke up today (game left powered up overnight) that I turned the Otto movement feature off.

Any insight would be appreciated. I will probably create a ticket on Tuesday & let y’all know what happened if I don’t figure it out by then.

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:Happy July 4th gentlemen
Anyone ever have Otto start overreacting?
The dude is almost always moving.
Even when there’s not a game being played.
I don’t recall him ever being so active. The guy is looking back all the time too as if there’s switches being hit behind him.
There’s been so much Otto activity since I woke up today (game left powered up overnight) that I turned the Otto movement feature off.
Any insight would be appreciated. I will probably create a ticket on Tuesday & let y’all know what happened if I don’t figure it out by then.

Otto will turn based on certain switches being triggered and will then go back to face the player, so if he is moving a lot likely some switch is wacky. Go into switch test, manually rotate Otto and see if the Otto home switch is registering. Check for any other stuck switches as well.

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Otto will turn based on certain switches being triggered and will then go back to face the player, so if he is moving a lot likely some switch is wacky. Go into switch test, manually rotate Otto and see if the Otto home switch is registering. Check for any other stuck switches as well.

Appreciate the reply Rosh. On a Holiday Sunday. Dang!

I didn’t see where to test Otto in the menu. Maybe since he’s been deactivated it’s not available. Or maybe I need to look closer. Will investigate more.

Here’s a screenshot of the active switches. Does anything look unusual?

1071DA1B-2799-4E00-B808-449A48F121D5.jpeg1071DA1B-2799-4E00-B808-449A48F121D5.jpeg
#987 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Appreciate the reply Rosh. On a Holiday Sunday. Dang!
I didn’t see where to test Otto in the menu. Maybe since he’s been deactivated it’s not available. Or maybe I need to look closer. Will investigate more.
Here’s a screenshot of the active switches. Does anything look unusual?
[quoted image]

when in switch test, manually turn Otto, and see if the 'bartender home' switch triggers.

#988 2 years ago

Tonight my upper flipper magnet went into thermal protection. I am guessing it got stuck on at some point which triggered the condition. I am saying this because I have noticed it stuck on occasion in the past (but haven't noticed it in a while). It is so close to the spinner that it attracts the spinner, probably the only reason I noticed it stuck on to begin with. I think I might have something weird going on though because once in a while my top two pop bumpers will fire simultaneously during the ball ejecting into the shooter lane. Any idea what to look for?

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Any idea what to look for?

Switches that are too sensitive and need adjusting. Like the pop bumpers.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

LTG : )

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switches that are too sensitive and need adjusting. Like the pop bumpers.
Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.
Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.
LTG : )

Yea, I did adjust them a little more sensetive a while back but it looks like I still have a pretty good gap. I think I have already done so but I will give it the bang test when I get to it again. I also centered them a while ago, they were actually so far off the skirt sat tipped. It drove me nuts looking at it lol (and worked like crap). I wish I was a little more familiar with the Multimorphic platform. I need to do some reading if I ever get a minute.

#991 2 years ago

Is the knocker supposed to work in ducks mode? Thought I read that somewhere.

#992 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes, knicker during duck hunt, target shooting and bumper cats check the settings to be sure it is enabled,

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

and this is GREAT for sure

#994 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Yes, knicker during duck hunt, target shooting and bumper cats check the settings to be sure it is enabled,

Mine must be turned off. Is each an individual setting or a single for all modes?

#995 2 years ago

I've noticed that on the LCD display there's a floating balloon that indicates the current ball in play. Once the score is over a million though this balloon covers up the last digit of the score, and if match is turned on one can barely make out what the last digit is depending on the animation. Perhaps this balloon animation can be moved to the right a bit in the next code release. I would normally email support but the fella's are so active in this forum I feel confident they'll see this!

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine must be turned off. Is each an individual setting or a single for all modes?

There are a couple of them. Settings > Oktoberfest > ...
Mechanical Knocker on Shooting Modes
Mechanical Knocker on Bumper Cars

Quoted from SLicK350:

I've noticed that on the LCD display there's a floating balloon that indicates the current ball in play. Once the score is over a million though this balloon covers up the last digit of the score, and if match is turned on one can barely make out what the last digit is depending on the animation. Perhaps this balloon animation can be moved to the right a bit in the next code release.

Ah, good catch, the balloons are supposed to go away during the Match sequence... adding that to the list. Thanks for the report.

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

when in switch test, manually turn Otto, and see if the 'bartender home' switch triggers.

Otto indeed triggers the “bartender home” switch

Does anything look unusual in this switch testing result in terms of something activated that shouldn’t be?

Thanks

7C1EC42F-34D7-46AB-80D8-9506BC6E3D3F (resized).jpeg7C1EC42F-34D7-46AB-80D8-9506BC6E3D3F (resized).jpeg

#998 2 years ago

He’s nuts

#999 2 years ago

If Otto keeps that up he's gonna get dizzy and throw up. Watching him is making me a bit dizzy too.

#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Otto indeed triggers the “bartender home” switch
Does anything look unusual in this switch testing result in terms of something activated that shouldn’t be?
Thanks
[quoted image]

pull the logs and send to me [email protected], they might tell us what has Otto so worked up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/20?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.