IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
There are 2,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 46.
#751 3 years ago

I'm thinking of joining the club but only played the game when it first came out - literally the first week/first code. Has it improved with code updates? Did the graphics/callouts/modes change at all? It was decent when I put some time on it, but I'm hoping to hear that it got much better.

#752 3 years ago

The on-screen visuals, callouts, and music of the game are vastly different from when it was first revealed. I think most people find them much better now.

#753 3 years ago

and dont worry about the code, its very good & clever from a tactical point of view

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I'm thinking of joining the club but only played the game when it first came out - literally the first week/first code. Has it improved with code updates? Did the graphics/callouts/modes change at all? It was decent when I put some time on it, but I'm hoping to hear that it got much better.

Quoted from Ferret:

The on-screen visuals, callouts, and music of the game are vastly different from when it was first revealed. I think most people find them much better now.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

and dont worry about the code, its very good & clever from a tactical point of view

What they both said. Great fun game with awesome fun call outs.

#755 3 years ago

Latest add is to the beer barrel: The Schützenliesl!
Bavaria’s first pin-up girl, nicknamed “the beauty of Munich,” a waitress discovered by painter Friedrich August Kaulbach, who painted her on top of a barrel holding eleven mugs of beer, while instead of wearing a cap on her head, has a target instead. That’s because after doing a sketch of Möritz in 1878, when she was 18, he painted a large banner, roughly 9 x 16 feet, which hung outside a beer tent for a national shooting competition in July of 1881, in the same spot in Munich where Oktoberfest is held. The painting was called “Die Schützenliesl,” (which means “the shooting Liesl,” which was a popular German name derived from Elizabeth, or sometimes “the Marksmen’s Lisa”) and was an immediate hit. For the rest of her life — she lived to be 93 — Coletta was known as die Schützenliesl, and was also painted by other well-known artists while continuing to work as a waitress. Here in the states, you may recognize her from the Blatz beer advertising. Her origin was shown in the Netflix show "Oktoberfest Beer and Blood" in one of the episodes.

PROST!

IMG_2872 (resized).jpgIMG_2872 (resized).jpgIMG_2873 (resized).jpgIMG_2873 (resized).jpg
#756 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

If uou played it when it first came out you will be impressed. I didn't like it at first but it has come a long way. Especially music,call outs,animation, and ramp shots. During Covid I have loved it the most out of all my games because celebrating holidays, drinking, cheering, and rides are what I miss most. I can't think of any game that is more perfect to play during this pandemic.

#757 3 years ago

I am curious anyone German or from Germany have this game and what your thoughts are? The ducks were weird for me at the start but have grown on me. Oktoberfest is celebrated differently everywhere and was wondering what your take is? Whats laughable, whats cool?

#758 3 years ago

Help a newbie
Ok all
Set up the new pinball
Turned on and it lights up and beeps but then nothing
Any thoughts ideas
Thanks

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Help a newbie
Ok all
Set up the new pinball
Turned on and it lights up and beeps but then nothing
Any thoughts ideas
Thanks

Did you try and do any code update? this can happen of memory stick isn't properly formatted or there is a incomplete download

#760 3 years ago

Why dont the 2 main multiballs have a add a ball feature? You guys could even have it in the menu to turn it off if people dont want it.

#761 3 years ago

Hi i would like to know if i won't make a mistake,i have a ghostbusters pro since 4 years and i will sell it to buy an okterberfest.
I would like to know if i won't regret that choice,thanks for your comments

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi i would like to know if i won't make a mistake,i have a ghostbusters pro since 4 years and i will sell it to buy an okterberfest.

I can't speak for you, but FWIW - I would have no concerns whatsoever with selling a Ghostbusters in order to buy an Oktoberfest.

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I can't speak for you, but FWIW - I would have no concerns whatsoever with selling a Ghostbusters in order to buy an Oktoberfest.

thanks

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

go go go Laurent

as where is the dilema ? to sell the GB ? or to buy the OF ?
or even harder, to sell the GB to buy the OF !!!??? looooooooool

well, OF is a very good pin, no doubt about that, than if you wanna change to simply play something else, you will not be wrong

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

go go go Laurent
well, OF is a very good pin, no doubt about that, than if you wanna change to simply play something else, you will not be wrong

Salut Ripley,oui c'est dur pour moi de vendre mon ghostbusters,j'y suis très attaché
J'ai un acheteur et j'ai contacté la personne que tu m'as conseillé et il a une occasion donc le pas va être franchi mais comme je ne peux essayer l'ocktoberfest nul part du coup le doute est là

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

go go go Laurent

congrats for your recent Houdini !

#767 3 years ago

Has anyone tried to back light the topper. If so, any details on how you did it. Thanks.

#768 3 years ago

Wish I would have found this sooner, ordered one anyway.
Merry Christmas!

83BD57E3-AE5D-491A-BB05-334751BDE622 (resized).jpeg83BD57E3-AE5D-491A-BB05-334751BDE622 (resized).jpeg
#769 3 years ago

Merry Christmas!

crazy-tiroler-oktoberfest-woman-creation-very-beautiful-who-sitting-cow-serving-beer-background-34298892 (resized).jpgcrazy-tiroler-oktoberfest-woman-creation-very-beautiful-who-sitting-cow-serving-beer-background-34298892 (resized).jpg
#770 3 years ago

Happy New Year!
Alles Gute zum neuen Jahr!

1280px-Oktoberfest_VGBelgrano (resized).jpg1280px-Oktoberfest_VGBelgrano (resized).jpg
#771 3 years ago

Hi All
Now in the club
After a couple out box issues now sorted
Playing well.....

One question to start
While playing my lock down bar comes loose
The handle when tight is pointing down to the 6 oclock position behind door and seems tight
Also the bar is tight to the side rail on the left side but a gap of approximately 1/8” on the right
When it comes loose and open door the handle hits the door on opening
Is this correct?

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Mine did that and I had to keep adjusting the 2 screws to get it to stay tight.

The beer barrel ramp was aggravating me, I just rigged up some tubing for the area on the ramp right before the barrel and now it is perfect.

In other news my previous best score was 4mil. I just had a 15mil game!

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Hi All
Now in the club
After a couple out box issues now sorted
Playing well.....
One question to start
The handle when tight is pointing down to the 6 oclock position behind door and seems tight
Also the bar is tight to the side rail on the left side but a gap of approximately 1/8” on the right
When it comes loose and open door the handle hits the door on opening
Is this correct?

Not sure you are locking it gully, as the handle should be closer to 4:00 then 6. Push down on the lock bar and move the lever further right.

You can adjust the brass set screws to adjust the fit you are not able to move the lever.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

the handle should be closer to 4:00 then 6

Mine settled in at 6 also.

I am not even touching it again, it has been fine forever now.

(I like the latches on games a lot better).

And this game should be in the top 15, it is that good!

1 week later
#775 3 years ago

Re JohnnyPinball007 last post: see attached with my lock down bar closed tight and me holding it against the spring in the open position with the bar removed.

Found that when putting it back in place if the glass isn’t fully inserted all-the-way to the back getting the thing closed is extremely difficult.

And, as previously mentioned, pressing down on the right side of the bar while closing the latch is helpful.

0F411BB5-EFCA-4F88-914D-524573FADCBA (resized).jpeg0F411BB5-EFCA-4F88-914D-524573FADCBA (resized).jpegEDB6164A-1374-4493-8E3E-72171B9D4A6E (resized).jpegEDB6164A-1374-4493-8E3E-72171B9D4A6E (resized).jpeg
#776 3 years ago

Planning a road trip to pick up an Oktoberfest. I will be renting a vehicle. Will this machine fit in the back of a Dodge Caravan (without legs and top down)? Caravan has an opening of 36" at the rear door centerline. Do I need to rent something larger (Tahoe)?

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from TNTpin:

Planning a road trip to pick up an Oktoberfest. I will be renting a vehicle. Will this machine fit in the back of a Dodge Caravan (without legs and top down)? Caravan has an opening of 36" at the rear door centerline. Do I need to rent something larger (Tahoe)?

As long as the seats are stow-n-go or you remove them it will fit with room to spare.

1 week later
#778 3 years ago

Hello i have my Oktoberfest since thursday and today when i started a game i had a multiball with no ends.
I turned off but since i have always that.
Someone would have an idea ?
Thanks for your help

#779 3 years ago

Hi chatplume51 ... congrats on your new game, but sorry you're having problems.

A couple things to try:

- Remove the balls, make sure they're not magnetized. (Touch a metal paper clip to each ball and see if it "sticks".) Magnetized balls can get gummed up in the trough and confuse the system, sometimes leading to extra balls getting served. Also make sure 6 balls are installed.

- Using the Switch Test, make sure that each trough switch lights up correctly when you drop the balls back into the trough... when all the balls are back, 6 trough switches should be lit up, no more, no less.

Odds are that it's something simple, like magnetized balls, or a wiggly connector somewhere since you just moved the game... we'll getcha sorted out so you can get back to playing.

Also don't hesitate to submit a service ticket requesting help... <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/>

Thanks!

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hi chatplume51 ... congrats on your new game, but sorry you're having problems.
A couple things to try:
- Remove the balls, make sure they're not magnetized. (Touch a metal paper clip to each ball and see if it "sticks".) Magnetized balls can get gummed up in the trough and confuse the system, sometimes leading to extra balls getting served. Also make sure 6 balls are installed.
- Using the Switch Test, make sure that each trough switch lights up correctly when you drop the balls back into the trough... when all the balls are back, 6 trough switches should be lit up, no more, no less.
Odds are that it's something simple, like magnetized balls, or a wiggly connector somewhere since you just moved the game... we'll getcha sorted out so you can get back to playing.
Also don't hesitate to submit a service ticket requesting help... <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/>
Thanks!

Hi thanks for your answer,i watched connectors but i didn't see something special
balls are new but i will change to see
i will look at switches
yesterday i had the problem but flipper meister was lit

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Hi thanks for your answer,i watched connectors but i didn't see something special
balls are new but i will change to see
i will look at switches
yesterday i had the problem but flipper meister was lit

i changed balls in doubt
Game was normal at first,then with juggling tent i had one ball instead of two and when l lost it,game didn't recognize it and didn't give me another.
With another game flipper meister insert stay lit with no particular reason
Thanks

IMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPG
#782 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

i changed balls in doubt
Game was normal at first,then with juggling tent i had one ball instead of two and when l lost it,game didn't recognize it and didn't give me another.

So just to clarify... you changed balls and your problem went away for awhile, and then returned with a different symptom? So now instead of spitting out too many balls, it's spitting out too few?

Quoted from chatplume51:

With another game flipper meister insert stay lit with no particular reason

I can't quite tell the colors (yellow vs amber is kinda subtle) but could this be from you selecting the Pin Wiz Pale Ale stein? When you choose a stein, it lights up the corresponding tent insert in an amber color (it's supposed to look like beer ) until you play the tent... which of course could be awhile for Flipper Meister.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

So just to clarify... you changed balls and your problem went away for awhile, and then returned with a different symptom? So now instead of spitting out too many balls, it's spitting out too few?

I can't quite tell the colors (yellow vs amber is kinda subtle) but could this be from you selecting the Pin Wiz Pale Ale stein? When you choose a stein, it lights up the corresponding tent insert in an amber color (it's supposed to look like beer ) until you play the tent... which of course could be awhile for Flipper Meister.

i did more games before your answer and multi did it again (always no ends for that)
For the question about selecting stein i didn't remenber
i don't undestand where the problem is because different games are good and then multi is starting with my first ball and i have to turn off the game
thanks for your help again

#784 3 years ago

Did you have a chance to try the test I mentioned above: ejecting all the balls, then going into Switch Test and dropping the balls back in one by one, monitoring the trough switch status as you do so? I'm curious if any of the trough switches are acting up.

Merci!

#785 3 years ago

When my game did the never ending balls, it was due to the Beer Barrel trough switch. When it keeps shooting balls out, are there any in the locks? My fix was the menu setting for trough switches acting up, don't remember what it's called

#786 3 years ago

That's Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation. Worth a shot. Note that if you change that setting, you need to exit out of service mode and then power-cycle the machine for it to take effect.

#787 3 years ago

Ferret chatplume51

if you remember, i sometimes also had these similar inserts probs light/colors, even not sure if lasts code updates finally resolve them (i forget oups) !?

(and before you may ask, OF from chatplume is not my old mine)

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Did you have a chance to try the test I mentioned above: ejecting all the balls, then going into Switch Test and dropping the balls back in one by one, monitoring the trough switch status as you do so? I'm curious if any of the trough switches are acting up.
Merci!

hello yes i did it but nothing special everything is ok
no ball blocked in barrel
thanks

#789 3 years ago
IMG_1225 (resized).JPGIMG_1225 (resized).JPG
#790 3 years ago

i did the last update again but nothing has changed

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

i did the last update again but nothing has changed

Play with the glass off, as soon as it happens, grab the balls in play, go right into switch test and see what it shows, take a photo, then pull the logs and send to [email protected]

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Play with the glass off, as soon as it happens, grab the balls in play, go right into switch test and see what it shows, take a photo, then pull the logs and send to [email protected]

hi ok thanks for that,i will do it

#793 3 years ago

Gotta make my first post about my first pin - Oktoberfest! Can't be more happier with all aspects of the game - definitely a keeper. Even had the occasion to exchange some emails with brenna98 - thanks again for the help. Light years ahead of the EM pins I grew up with, magnet in hand.

Prost! Zum Wohl!...

#794 3 years ago

It's Robbie Burns night tonight and turned down the volume on the game and had Scottish traditional music from Pandora on. I have to admit this game works well with other folk customs, especially with bagpipes and scotch. Give it a try, it changes things up. Can't do it with any other pins except Celts!

#795 3 years ago

Just turned my game on today and half the lights are locked on. Shut the game off twice and every time I turn it back on there are at least half the inserts locked on. I’ve checked connectors with no luck. My 11 month old daughter can’t get enough of this game so I still played it with the locked on lights and the game still plays fine. No switch or coil problems.

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from Jayzerblade:

half the lights are locked on.

Please post a picture. Thanks.

#797 3 years ago
8B228865-72A8-494B-963E-A0504501A438 (resized).jpeg8B228865-72A8-494B-963E-A0504501A438 (resized).jpeg
#798 3 years ago
FFF20946-8B48-4F7C-B638-9BB56D720567 (resized).jpegFFF20946-8B48-4F7C-B638-9BB56D720567 (resized).jpeg
#799 3 years ago
Quoted from Jayzerblade:

Just turned my game on today and half the lights are locked on. Shut the game off twice and every time I turn it back on there are at least half the inserts locked on. I’ve checked connectors with no luck. My 11 month old daughter can’t get enough of this game so I still played it with the locked on lights and the game still plays fine. No switch or coil problems.

Definitely looks like a disconnected cable look for a cable with two or three twisted wires, purple and grey I think, it will go between larger light boards. With the exception of the last board they will each have a twisted wire coming in and then out to the next board.

Disconnect would be bteern the last working board and first non working

#800 3 years ago

I just reseated all those connections and it’s fixed. You guys are the best!!! Can’t wait to see what the next game will be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/16?hl=filimurz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.