IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
There are 2,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.
#651 3 years ago

Loving Ofest, really getting into the game now, just had duck Derby, great music for that! But were any of the volume levels changed on last update? I like cranking up the tunes but now the callouts are too loud in comparison, is there a way to lower just the callouts? The sound in settings is just the overall master volume.

#652 3 years ago

I don’t believe any audio volume mixing happened in the last code update.

Unfortunately, we don’t currently offer the ability to change the volume of speech vs music separately.

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Nothing says Oktoberfest like Hofbrau Bier...or Spaten, Augustiner, Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr...and of course Lowenbrau...but I only had a Hofbrau sticker. Yep, it's the little things...BTW, I am still loving this game!
[quoted image]

While stationed in Bitburg with the Army’s Hawk Missile Battery C in the early 70’s I awoke each morning to what smelled like over cooked green beans. Soon learned that was the Bitburg Pils brewery making their product. Must admit it was years later back home in the States before nostalgia got the better of me and I dared sample it. Pretty good, actually and good enough to adorn the keg in my Ofest.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

While stationed in Bitburg with the Army’s Hawk Missile Battery C in the early 70’s I awoke each morning to what smelled like over cooked green beans. Soon learned that was the Bitburg Pils brewery making their product. Must admit it was years later back home in the States before nostalgia got the better of me and I dared sample it. Pretty good, actually and good enough to adorn the keg in my Ofest.
[quoted image]

LOL...cool! I can sympathize, I lived in the town of Wolsfeld just outside of Bitburg while Stationed at Spangdahlem Air Base...just down the road from Bitburg Air Base. I know exactly the "smell" you are speaking of...you could always tell when the Bitburg Brewery was "Brewing" and it filled the whole valley...hard to believe that smell resulted in such good beer. I am now retired living in Ohio but keep Bitburger Bier on tap on my basement Bar. One of our local distributors keeps plenty kegs on hand for our German Club, Germania Society.

20201016_101105 (002) (resized).jpg20201016_101105 (002) (resized).jpg
#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

[quoted image]

Cool. What did you do to the posts?

#656 3 years ago

We got some Oktoberfest beer and will be streaming Oktoberfest tonight at 8pm central: https://www.twitch.tv/turbografx7
Tis the season!

#657 3 years ago

Those are paper smoothie straws I found on Amazon.com ..40 Smoothy Boba Jumbo Paper Straws Assorted Super Wide 3/8” x 9 7/8” by Paper Arts - $7.49. Spoiler alert: they are wound the opposite way the ones all over the game are depicted. But after a few steins of German beer, who cares! Prost!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#658 3 years ago

With the current code, and all of the games currently available, (or back ordered) would you guys still buy Oktoberfest right now? I have no place to play it, and haven't seen any videos with the current game code, but I love the theme and I don't want to spend much more than 7k on a pin. Also I have had 2 bad experiences with poor playfield quality from other manufacturers, and so far I have not seen many issues with American Pinball.

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

With the current code, and all of the games currently available, (or back ordered) would you guys still buy Oktoberfest right now?

I would!

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

With the current code, and all of the games currently available, (or back ordered) would you guys still buy Oktoberfest right now? I have no place to play it, and haven't seen any videos with the current game code, but I love the theme and I don't want to spend much more than 7k on a pin. Also I have had 2 bad experiences with poor playfield quality from other manufacturers, and so far I have not seen many issues with American Pinball.

I have zero playfield issues with mine. Its a great game, lots to do.

#661 3 years ago

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a good deal on a NIB ocktoberfest
Thanks all

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a good deal on a NIB ocktoberfest

I always buy from Classic Game Rooms in Covington GA, but I am close enough that I pick up to save shipping.

#663 3 years ago

Was looking at them
No tax ( in CA) and shipping $199

#664 3 years ago

Full disclosure: OFest is the first and only pin I’ve owned. Bought it NIB from Zack @ Flippin’ Out Pinball (somewhere in the Midwest). He shipped it by Fed Ex to my back door in rural Utah. As a total nube I didn’t even know where the power switch was. No problem as Dave at American Pinball supplied me with endless and timely tech support, PC boards, plasma switches and a coil for the keg. Can’t speak to other manufacturer’s support but Dave at American is why the answer to your question, “Would I buy it again?” is Yes, In a heartbeat.

#665 3 years ago

Hey, thanks for making Oktoberfest your first pin, NIB or otherwise, Filimurz ! You can only ever have one "first pin" and we're honored that you chose Oktoberfest, and very happy that you're enjoying the game. Prost!

#666 3 years ago

So my game has gone totally nuts. Stuff like one ball will drain in juggling multiball while three are in play and it ends the mode to immediate ball save from plunging at start. I noticed more goofy stuff the longer I play it, maybe the balls have gotten magnetized or something?

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

To answer your questions, absolutely...this game is a blast, well made and lots to do. I have a reasonably respectable collection and Oktoberfest gets the most attention. For me it is a definite keeper. Besides, "Inga likes it when you play Oktoberfest!"

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

noticed more goofy stuff the longer I play it, maybe the balls have gotten magnetized or something?

Perhaps. Take them out and set them on a table together. You’ll be able to see if they’re magnetized.

If not, review your through and both membrane lock switches in switch test by dropping the balls in one at a time.

#669 3 years ago

Filimurz thank you for the feedback!
We have a passionate team at API that wants to see you enjoying your game.

PeteUK theres a list of all the API distributors on our website. Vegas9 might know which ones currently have inventory.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Thanks all

This might be a bit difficult right now as we have zero in stock and not sure if any distributors still have them in stock as well.

We will take a brief break from Hot Wheels production to make more Oktoberfest machines. My guess is it will be later this year or right at the start of next year.

#671 3 years ago

I just talked to Jason at Classic Game Rooms, he has 4 available. Send me a pm if you want his phone number.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Perhaps. Take them out and set them on a table together. You’ll be able to see if they’re magnetized.
If not, review your through and both membrane lock switches in switch test by dropping the balls in one at a time.

I changed the balls out and seems to be the issue. Can anyone explain to me when the beer barrel magnet will grab the ball without pressing the mag nab button? Also is there anyway to code the TAP lane lights to not flash blue when you make a shot, makes it hard to know which lane is not lit when trying to increase your playfield X.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Thanks all

I just got one a month ago from coin taker. I asked for a shaker on the house and they gave it to me. Free shipping as well. Love it. So far so Goudy.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

Totally. OF is a great game, from a great company with good people and service. Playfield is built rock solid!
New code doesn't really change any major gameplay, gives a mpre polished look and fixes some small bugs. Mine has had zero issues. Absolute permanent keeper

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I always buy from Classic Game Rooms in Covington GA, but I am close enough that I pick up to save shipping.

I buy from them too. Good people

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Can anyone explain to me when the beer barrel magnet will grab the ball without pressing the mag nab button?

The most common times for this are either an inlane -> orbit combo (which might auto-grab at either the upper flipper magnet or the TAP lane magnet, depending on what is lit on the game), or if you hit X number of pop bumpers and then have the ball exit the pops toward the upper flipper... this is the case where Inga will call out "Eins... zwei... drei... strike!". Hits on the High Striker (captive ball) are worth extra at this time, but of course you can also shoot the bar, the beer barrel ramp, or even the tent.

Quoted from manadams:

Also is there anyway to code the TAP lane lights to not flash blue when you make a shot, makes it hard to know which lane is not lit when trying to increase your playfield X.

I'll take a peek at this for our next code release.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The most common times for this are either an inlane -> orbit combo (which might auto-grab at either the upper flipper magnet or the TAP lane magnet, depending on what is lit on the game), or if you hit X number of pop bumpers and then have the ball exit the pops toward the upper flipper... this is the case where Inga will call out "Eins... zwei... drei... strike!". Hits on the High Striker (captive ball) are worth extra at this time, but of course you can also shoot the bar, the beer barrel ramp, or even the tent.

Thanks for the explanation and looking into my suggestion.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Interesting...more code to come...=)

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Keep an eye out for this rubber breaking. I took it all apart today and replaced it with 3 rubbers to beef it up. I’m not going to lie it was buried but took my time and was like a 1hr job.
[quoted image]

I just noticed mine is broke as well. That thing is wedged in there and looks like I have to remove everything including the bar? Yikes. Any pointers for a short cut? Will this happen again? Thanks

#679 3 years ago

Well I ordered some carbon steel balls because of the ball magnetization issue. Hope this helps, surprised more people don't have this issue with the game having at least four magnets that I know of.

#680 3 years ago

I haven' t had issues with that luckily. The balls that came with the game are perfect. Sometimes Ill switch them to other pins and they don't work as well.

#681 3 years ago

I'm in to hour 3 of trying to replace the rubber next to the vox. I have removed the subway and can't get the bar off? Any help or reason why this plastic goes under the bar. It doesnt even need to be there and creates way too much work. I am thinking of just breaking it off?

20201024_134227 (resized).jpg20201024_134227 (resized).jpg
#682 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm in to hour 3 of trying to replace the rubber next to the vox. I have removed the subway and can't get the bar off? Any help or reason why this plastic goes under the bar. It doesnt even need to be there and creates way too much work. I am thinking of just breaking it off?
[quoted image]

The bar disconnects from the top. If memory serves, a couple small screws hold the wooden bar top (that surrounds Otto) and then there are a couple additional screws under that holding the bar front. In both cases they are "C" shaped and slide toward the center of the playfield to remove. You need to loosen/adjust the yellow side ramp and associated wireform so the bar top can slide under it.

#683 3 years ago

Thanks! I'm on it.

#684 3 years ago

Hi all
Is fitting the shaker motor easily done
Like plug and play easy
Thanks

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Is fitting the shaker motor easily done
Like plug and play easy

It's very easy. Here are the instructions:

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-9/Oktoberfest-Shaker-Installation.pdf

#686 3 years ago

Thanks
Looking like I will pull the trigger
Anything Else I need to ask the dealer about?
Are there any musts for ocktoberfest?

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Thanks
Looking like I will pull the trigger
Anything Else I need to ask the dealer about?
Are there any musts for ocktoberfest?

Knocker! Makes a big difference in some tent modes. The Duck is AWESOME with it!

#688 3 years ago

Ok, its all about the little things, and this one thing I think OF! had to have.
Waited two months for this little guy to come from overseas lol. But now he looks down on my playfield just like he looks down on the Wiesn in Munich.

For anyone who has been, you are probably familiar with the story, but for the uninitiated here is the story of the Angel from Munich, the coolest Angel ever.
PROST!

----------------------------------------------------------An Angel from Munich------------------------------------------------

Alois Hingerl, porter No. 172 at Munich Central Station worked so energetically one day, that he just dropped dead.
Two little angels carried him to heaven with some difficulty where Saint Peter welcomed him and told him, that from now on his name would be Angel Aloisius.

He presented him with a harp and informed him of the heavenly house rules:
"… from eight in the morning until twelve noon, " he said, "you will jubilate, and from twelve noon until eight in the evening you will sing 'Hosannah'!"

"Wos is?" asked Aloisius.
"… from eight in the morning until twelve noon: jubilating. And from twelve noon until eight in the evening: singing 'Hosannah'!"
"So - hmhm - ja, and when do I get something z'trinka (drink) ?
"You will get your Manna in due time" said Saint Peter slightly annoyed, and left him.
"Auweh!" grumbled Angel Aloisius, ''that is going to be schö fad ! I should jubilate from eight to twelve… and I thought there was no work in heaven."
But he finally sat down on a cloud and began to sing as he was told, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!"
A very high-spirited intellectual angel come gliding by.
"Hey! You!" called Aloisius, ''how about some Schmaizla, a Pris? Geh weida let's have some!"
But the intellectual angel was revolted by this vulgar idea. He just whispered "Hosannah" and departed.
Aloisius became furious: ''Ja - what kind of a damischer Depp is this?" he shouted, "if you don't have any Schmaizla you just don't, right ? A man can expect a decent answer, can't he ? You gscherte Ruab'n, you ! Mai Liaba, what people they have up here ! A - A - what did I get into !"
And once more he sat down on his cloud and continued to jubilate - but his anger showed in his singing and he was shouting so loudly, that the Heavenly Father next door awoke from his afternoon nap and asked with astonishment: "From whence cometh this noise ?"
At once He sent for Saint Peter, who came running, and together they heard the scandalous jubilating of Angel Aloisius: ''Hallelujah - - - Sacklzementhallelujah ! Hallelujah !"

Saint Peter hurried away and dragged Aloisius before the Lord.
The Father looked at him a long time and then He spoke: "Oh, I see - - - an Angel from Munich ! That's what I thought ! Now tell me - - - what is all this shouting about ?"
That was exactly what Aloisius had been waiting for. He was so furious, that he started right out:

"I don't like all these things !"
"I don't like to have wings !!"
"I don't like to sing Hosannah !!"
"I don't like to drink Manna, instead of beer !"
"And let me make clear: I do not like to sing !!!"

"Saint Peter", said the Lord, "this will never do ! But I have an idea: We shall employ him as messenger conveying Our heavenly advice to the Bavarian Government. So he can fly to Munich once or twice a week - and his good soul will 'Rest in Peace'!"
When Aloisius heard this, he felt very happy indeed ! Soon he got his first delivery job - a letter - and flew down to earth.

And once again he felt the soil of Munich under his feet, it seemed to him, that now he was really in heaven.
And following his old habits, he immediately went to the Hofbräuhaus and found his accustomed place empty and waiting for him.
And good old Kathi, the waitress, was still there and he ordered a Maß (Liter) of beer. And he forgot his letter and his job and ordered another Maß, and another, and still another one . . .
. . . and he just sat and is still sitting there today.

IMG_1907 (resized).jpgIMG_1907 (resized).jpgIMG_1908 (resized).jpgIMG_1908 (resized).jpghofbraeu_architektur_sebastian_lehner-09603 (resized).jpghofbraeu_architektur_sebastian_lehner-09603 (resized).jpg

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Ok, its all about the little things, and this one thing I think OF! had to have.
Waited two months for this little guy to come from overseas lol. But now he looks down on my playfield just like he looks down on the Wiesn in Munich.
For anyone who has been, you are probably familiar with the story, but for the uninitiated here is the story of the Angel from Munich, the coolest Angel ever.
PROST!
----------------------------------------------------------An Angel from Munich------------------------------------------------
Alois Hingerl, porter No. 172 at Munich Central Station worked so energetically one day, that he just dropped dead.
Two little angels carried him to heaven with some difficulty where Saint Peter welcomed him and told him, that from now on his name would be Angel Aloisius.
"… from eight in the morning until twelve noon, " he said, "you will jubilate, and from twelve noon until eight in the evening you will sing 'Hosannah'!"
"… from eight in the morning until twelve noon: jubilating. And from twelve noon until eight in the evening: singing 'Hosannah'!"
"You will get your Manna in due time" said Saint Peter slightly annoyed, and left him.
"Auweh!" grumbled Angel Aloisius, ''that is going to be schö fad ! I should jubilate from eight to twelve… and I thought there was no work in heaven."
But he finally sat down on a cloud and began to sing as he was told, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!"
"Hey! You!" called Aloisius, ''how about some Schmaizla, a Pris? Geh weida let's have some!"
But the intellectual angel was revolted by this vulgar idea. He just whispered "Hosannah" and departed.
Aloisius became furious: ''Ja - what kind of a damischer Depp is this?" he shouted, "if you don't have any Schmaizla you just don't, right ? A man can expect a decent answer, can't he ? You gscherte Ruab'n, you ! Mai Liaba, what people they have up here ! A - A - what did I get into !"
And once more he sat down on his cloud and continued to jubilate - but his anger showed in his singing and he was shouting so loudly, that the Heavenly Father next door awoke from his afternoon nap and asked with astonishment: "From whence cometh this noise ?"
At once He sent for Saint Peter, who came running, and together they heard the scandalous jubilating of Angel Aloisius: ''Hallelujah - - - Sacklzementhallelujah ! Hallelujah !"
The Father looked at him a long time and then He spoke: "Oh, I see - - - an Angel from Munich ! That's what I thought ! Now tell me - - - what is all this shouting about ?"
That was exactly what Aloisius had been waiting for. He was so furious, that he started right out:
"Saint Peter", said the Lord, "this will never do ! But I have an idea: We shall employ him as messenger conveying Our heavenly advice to the Bavarian Government. So he can fly to Munich once or twice a week - and his good soul will 'Rest in Peace'!"
When Aloisius heard this, he felt very happy indeed ! Soon he got his first delivery job - a letter - and flew down to earth.
And once again he felt the soil of Munich under his feet, it seemed to him, that now he was really in heaven.
And following his old habits, he immediately went to the Hofbräuhaus and found his accustomed place empty and waiting for him.
And good old Kathi, the waitress, was still there and he ordered a Maß (Liter) of beer. And he forgot his letter and his job and ordered another Maß, and another, and still another one . . .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Post, I have often wondered why Alois was missing from this machine...you see him everywhere at the Munich O'Fest and is a critical part of the theme...no doubt another licensing issue. Nice addition! Oh, nice shot of the Hofbrau tent...spent a lot of time there. BTW, in German he is Aloisius.

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

PROST!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool. Where did you get it?

#691 3 years ago

Last quick question
Is the topper interactive?

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from PeteUK:

Last quick question
Is the topper interactive?

Nope.

#693 3 years ago

So, I got these three guys too. In the spirit of Gemutlichkeit, If anyone would like one for their OF!, post a pic of your game, and PM address, and I will ship you one for free. only have the three, and 1st dibs gets to pic which one.
Prost!

Quoted from robey99:

Cool. Where did you get it?

From Ebay.de

IMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpg

#694 3 years ago

That's awesome! I'll take one

Quoted from Pyromedic:

So, I got these three guys too. In the spirit of Gemutlichkeit, If anyone would like one for their OF!, post a pic of your game, and PM address, and I will ship you one for free. only have the three, and 1st dibs gets to pic which one.
Prost!

From Ebay.de
[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_20200531_111711963 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_111711963 (resized).jpg
#695 3 years ago

Middle one goes to Hop-Pac!

#696 3 years ago

Pm sent for #1

#697 3 years ago

FYI for everyone, to replace the rubber on the left of the vux, which seems to be snapping on many games, you pull off Otto from the bar. He his held on by magnets. Then you unscrew 2 screws for the bar top. Then 2 more for the bar itself. Lift the bar up so the nut and plastic can be accesed. Dont do what I did and remove everything above and below the playfield trying to get to it. What a nightmare. Thanks AP!

20201024_152509 (resized).jpg20201024_152509 (resized).jpg
#698 3 years ago

first one goes to Viggin900!
1 left!

#699 3 years ago

So I ordered carbon steel balls because I thought I had a magnetization issue going on but it is specifically the ball 2 lock on the beer barrel giving me issues. It will just randomly say "ball 2 locked" after I lock the second ball continuously. I tried reseating the ribbon cable connection underneath the playfield and no luck. I have the game steeper than recommended but don't really see that causing the issue. Any suggestions?

#700 3 years ago

If you have the latest code, try turning on Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation. Exit the service menu, THEN POWER CYCLE THE GAME.

Let us know if this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/14?hl=filimurz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.