IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0796 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0805 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 46.
#551 3 years ago

Dmann33,

The ball hanging in the bar entry is a frequent occurrence on my OK, NIB in June, and is easily resolved by a firm bump or two. Gets a tilt warning but that beats waiting for the programmed door closure designed to resolve this specific hang up. The only down side is the ball has NEVER dropped back into the bar for a stein choice. It always pops back out onto the playing surface requiring me to utilize my three flippers and limited German vocabulary to earn that elusive stein! Prost!

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

Dmann33,
The ball hanging in the bar entry is a frequent occurrence on my OK, NIB in June, and is easily resolved by a firm bump or two. Gets a tilt warning but that beats waiting for the programmed door closure designed to resolve this specific hang up. The only down side is the ball has NEVER dropped back into the bar for a stein choice. It always pops back out onto the playing surface requiring me to utilize my three flippers and limited German vocabulary to earn that elusive stein! Prost!

Also - thank you LTG.

Yes, I can bump it off, but it can be annoying to do it. Like LTG said, the yellow duck target face is just a little off center creating a lip. Its solid and I can't manually tweak it. I might, however, be able to dremmel a 1/16" off of the right side of the yellow - hopefully it wouldn't be noticeable.

#553 3 years ago

Oktoberfest seasonal ownership surge?

Like 2 days ago, I became the 76th pinside registered owner. Now, the count is up to 89. That's a spike of almost 20% in the past week. Oktoberfest was to start in next week maybe that's the reason?

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from dmann33:

Oktoberfest seasonal ownership surge?
Like 2 days ago, I became the 76th pinside registered owner. Now, the count is up to 89. That's a spike of almost 20% in the past week. Oktoberfest was to start in next week maybe that's the reason?

The more people are getting a chance to actually play, more and more are seeing how Wunderbar! OF! is and wanting one.
Secrets out, especially now with Hot wheels. AP games are awesome.

#555 3 years ago

I like to think that it’s because more people have gotten a chance to play the game, especially with later code revisions, and they’ve come to realize that it’s really a great game! So much to do, infinite strategy options, interesting playfield design. And of course, who doesn’t love festivals and beer?

#557 3 years ago

Sometimes my game ejects another ball when it shouldn't. As if it lost count.

Anyone else?

My gut says it's related to the beer barrel or ball trough.

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Anyone else?

My gut is definitely related to a beer barrel.

Sorry can't be more help!

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Anyone else?

I get that a lot. Hoping the new code will help.

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Anyone else?

You need a new membrane,get an extra also.

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You need a new membrane,get an extra also.

wait for now, there's a new software adjustement in last beta code for this
speaking for me, it's working 100% perfect since...

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

wait for now, there's a new software adjustement in last beta code for this
speaking for me, it's working 100% perfect since...

Great,I was having fits with mine and a new membrane fixed it but let’s see!

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was having fits with mine and a new membrane fixed it but let’s see!

I had a bad membrane switch (after already replacing 3) show up again. I installed the beta code and left the "bad membrane" in-place and the code has fixed all my issues.

#564 3 years ago

What's the issue with the membrane switch?

Is it false switch registers or a lack of switch registers?

Or both?

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from t500:

I had a bad membrane switch (after already replacing 3) show up again. I installed the beta code and left the "bad membrane" in-place and the code has fixed all my issues.

Sounds good I love my Octoberfest

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is it false switch registers or a lack of switch registers?

My issues were with false registers. During play it thought there was a ball added to the Beer Barrel lock or Coaster lock and it would add another ball into play. The code update adds a slight delay in registering and i have not had the problem since installing.

#567 3 years ago

What is the latest Beta code out there, now?

#568 3 years ago

Not sure of your question, but there is an active beta test cycle right now for Oktoberfest code. It's currently in the hands of the beta testers, and will be released to the public before long, hopefully.

#569 3 years ago

I’ve actually never had a good experience w membrane switches in the past so I’m surprised they are still being used.
BTW I’m still loving my Oktoberfest and looking forward to the next official update!

#570 3 years ago

I think the uptick in Oktoberfest owners is because of alcoholism during Covid times. Im definitely drinking more, and playing more! I wonder if pinball sales have shot up during the past 6 months?

#571 3 years ago

I don't know if pinball sales "shot up" during the past 6 months, but I have no doubt that the market has shifted towards home consumers over operators during this time.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from E_Gpinball:

I don't know if pinball sales "shot up" during the past 6 months, but I have no doubt that the market has shifted towards home consumers over operators during this time.

yes pinball sales have gone through the roof the last 6 months According to Melissa at cointaker and home owners buying more than one game

#573 3 years ago

I am glad to hear that the pinball sales are doing well during this time. I was very worried that the industry would suffer due to many public businesses being forced to close and the economic uncertainty forcing consumers to spend less on "luxury" goods.

#574 3 years ago

Has anyone powder coated their wire forms? If so, color? Any pics? Thanks.

#575 3 years ago

okto_update_20_9_19 (resized).pngokto_update_20_9_19 (resized).png

It’s Oktoberfest time!

Tomorrow would have been the start of Oktoberfest in Munich, and while owners of Oktoberfest Pinball On Tap know everyday can be Oktoberfest, we are sure many of you have special plans at home for this weekend, and we thought some new code might be go nice with whatever is being poured into steins.

Download the latest code at
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

PROST!

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

[quoted image]
It’s Oktoberfest time!
Tomorrow would have been the start of Oktoberfest in Munich, and while owners of Oktoberfest Pinball On Tap know everyday can be Oktoberfest, we are sure many of you have special plans at home for this weekend, and we thought some new code might be go nice with whatever is being poured into steins.
Download the latest code at
https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/
PROST!

Woo Hoo!! I have a reasonably decent collection but Oktoberfest has been getting all the attention ever since I brought it home...looks like it will be getting even more. Thanks API!

#577 3 years ago

Just updated to the latest code and played 2 games. At the end of each game the game rebooted

#578 3 years ago

Jayzerblade ... hmmm. I thought this was fixed, but just in case: do you have Match turned off? If so, please try turning it on and see if that problem persists.

#579 3 years ago

Turned match back on and no more resets

#580 3 years ago

Well, nuts. That was fixed and verified, but apparently did not get packaged into the build properly. Sigh. Sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll figure out what happened and get it fixed.

Meanwhile, if anyone else experiences a crash at end of game, please try turning Match back on in Settings > Standard.

Thanks.

#582 3 years ago

Anyone make a topper for sale? I saw one on YouTube that was cool. Thanks.

#583 3 years ago

Saw a great accompaniment to an Oktoberfest game at Costco today - just don't wait for Xmas!

20200919_120204 (resized).jpg20200919_120204 (resized).jpg
20200919_120151 (resized).jpg20200919_120151 (resized).jpg
20200919_120157 (resized).jpg20200919_120157 (resized).jpg

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Guess I will wait a bit...

No need to wait unless you're severely bothered by having Match enabled.

#585 3 years ago

Sweet! totally going to get one

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Saw a great accompaniment to an Oktoberfest game at Costco today - just don't wait for Xmas!

Anybody add lighting to your topper?
Would love to see how it looks, what route you took.

#586 3 years ago

Anyone have any updates on how the machine plays with the newest/ latest code? I am seriously considering one of these as a NIB purchase but I haven't been able to get on a machine since Chicago expo 2019? Not sure if anyone in Minnesota even has this table so wondering what everyone thinks of the code now that it is getting polished? Definitely a them I am interested in had plans to go to Germany this year for the Fest but that obviously got cancelled. Thanks for any help!

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Anyone have any updates on how the machine plays with the newest/ latest code? I am seriously considering one of these as a NIB purchase but I haven't been able to get on a machine since Chicago expo 2019? Not sure if anyone in Minnesota even has this table so wondering what everyone thinks of the code now that it is getting polished? Definitely a them I am interested in had plans to go to Germany this year for the Fest but that obviously got cancelled. Thanks for any help!

buy with confidence, its a very good pin in every aspects, even more if you're already interested in it

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

haven't been able to get on a machine since Chicago expo 2019

I purchased one right after playing at the Chicago Expo 2019. I can safely say it is a better pin now with the fix for the beer barrel coil stop and code updates.

#589 3 years ago

And y'know... hopefully things like a significant code update 1.5 years after the game is released, the tweaked coil stop, etc give you a good feeling about how American Pinball supports our games.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

The machine played great with the last code update. Huge improvement. This one can only be icing on the cake.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

And y'know... hopefully things like a significant code update 1.5 years after the game is released, the tweaked coil stop, etc give you a good feeling about how American Pinball supports our games.

Indeed they do...I love my Houdini as well as my O'Fest...they are keepers! Had some minor issues early on with Houdini and Barry called me on the phone and walked me through some trouble shooting (I learned a few things that day)...he sent a replacement board within days. I have a lot of respect for API.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

New code is great, gives it a really polished feel now.
You wont regret it, SO much packed in this game, so many ways to play.
Great support too.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ive been looking for those! They sold out last year. Thanks

#594 3 years ago

Just played the new code,great work! I cant be specific but it just played better and was more interactive from the start. AP made it Gemutlichkeit! I finally got a chance to play SOBER. That was so cool! Thats one thing I liked on WOZ. An Easter egg the 3rd weekend in September would be nice. Thanks for the fun.

#595 3 years ago

Any suggestions for the fan noise on the power supply?

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Drink beer with a higher ABV % when playing.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Turn up the volume

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Just played the new code,great work! I cant be specific but it just played better and was more interactive from the start. AP made it Gemutlichkeit! I finally got a chance to play SOBER. That was so cool! Thats one thing I liked on WOZ. An Easter egg the 3rd weekend in September would be nice. Thanks for the fun.

Hey, we got you new code for the third weekend of September!

#599 3 years ago

Just traded for this game and I love it!!! Just don't get the hate that some put upon AP. I noticed that if I hit the beer barrel ramp too good sometimes the ball will fall off the metal rail right before the barrel entrance and get stuck. Anyone have a suggestion to fix this or have made a mod to help guide the ball better?

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

It’s certainly a great game...a crowd favorite in my collection (especially when folks start playing entire one-handed games with a beer in the other). It’s been such a hit that a local binocular company (Maven Optics) asked to borrow the game for their Oktoberfest party this weekend. I’m sure it’ll be a hit there too. You can feel confident with lasting fun, great gameplay, and stellar support when you finally get your game. Oh, and if you feel like spending a couple extra hundred dollars, the knocker and shaker are pretty fun additions to the game...not necessary but they DO add to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 2,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/12?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.