IMG_0457 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0455 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 4.26.50 PM (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7355536_2 (resized).jpg
oktoberfest shooter 2 (resized).jpg
Oktoberfest Shooter (resized).jpg
IMG_9338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
oktoberfest_release_notes.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3852 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
There are 2,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 46.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Does anyone know if the first version "Monkey" Back-glass can be had?

No.

LTG : )

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Pity...thanks Lloyd.

#453 3 years ago

and than, as said in the game (ring toss), can we have that "story" about the monkey... !? even in PM of course

tanx in advance

#454 3 years ago

So, did any "First Edition" (bad monkey) back-glasses make it onto any production machines...are there some out in the "wild"?

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, did any "First Edition" (bad monkey) back-glasses make it onto any production machines...are there some out in the "wild"?

No.

#456 3 years ago

Well, I just picked up my Oktoberfest...took me a while given the number of cool "must have" machines that have come out over the past few years. I must say I am really impressed with Oktoberfest...lots to do...more of a "shooting gallery" than your standard pinball layout although there is certainly a bit of that too. I find it funny when people complain that a new title is a "typical" fan layout then complain when it is not. As with Houdini, build quality is amazing. I get Lloyd's point on mods for commercial machines but for home use, we all like to make them unique and add out personal touches. Saying that, I am surprised at the small number of mods available especially with a theme that lends itself to mods...think Carnival atmosphere, Beer, Brats, Pretzels and Heart shaped Lebkuchen...Maypole, Beer Wagons, Bavarian music..."old men walking around with accordion on their chest'. I have been to 11 of the Munich Oktoberfests while stationed in Europe...each year they put out a unique Mug..."Jahreskruge" to commemorate the event...would have been cool to have those as Otto's mode Steins (I am sure licensing would have been an issue). Regardless, this title was a MUST have for me, it is festive and fun. I want to thank JMurphy7 for such a great deal on this machine as well as a friendly, easy transaction.

Ofest Pin (resized).jpgOfest Pin (resized).jpg
#457 3 years ago

My nib is due to arrive tomorrow and its silly how excited I am!!

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

... and its silly how excited I am!!

Inga too...

#459 3 years ago

Any owners with a solution to the nagging recurrence of the ball leaving the track just before entering the keg and getting wedged in a position that requires removing the glass to extract it from captivity? I tried widening the chute opening and that helped some but some balls are still getting caught.

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

Any owners with a solution to the nagging recurrence of the ball leaving the track just before entering the keg and getting wedged in a position that requires removing the glass to extract it from captivity? I tried widening the chute opening and that helped some but some balls are still getting caught.

never happend on mine...

is your pin level ? how is the slope ? the flipper power ? may be a prob with the track !?

#461 3 years ago

It’s level and at the factory recommended lowest level. Slope is also at factory setting. Flippers are also at factory specs. The track, at the point between where the ball exits the plastic wraparound behind Otto’s head and enters the keg is only 5 inches long....so that short section is pitching about 10% of the balls off to the right. Could tweek that section a bit to see if that eliminates the problem.

#462 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I have been to 11 of the Munich Oktoberfests while stationed in Europe...each year they put out a unique Mug..."Jahreskruge" to commemorate the event...would have been cool to have those as Otto's mode Steins (I am sure licensing would have been an issue).
[quoted image]

Same!
Bad Hersfeld 11th ACR. Best years ever.
Feel so lucky to be there on 9 Nov 89.

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Same!
Bad Hersfeld 11th ACR. Best years ever.
Feel so lucky to be there on 9 Nov 89.

Cool..32nd Tactical Fighter Squadron (CNA, NL), 86 Fighter Wing (Ramstein) and 52 Fighter Wing (Spangdahlem)...total of 15 years in Europe...best "Benefit" of my AF Career. All the best to you brother!

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

It’s level and at the factory recommended lowest level. Slope is also at factory setting. Flippers are also at factory specs. The track, at the point between where the ball exits the plastic wraparound behind Otto’s head and enters the keg is only 5 inches long....so that short section is pitching about 10% of the balls off to the right. Could tweek that section a bit to see if that eliminates the problem.

I’m not in front of mine but if it is falling off the track due to speed maybe “dumb” down the speed of the ball by adding a rubber somewhere in the beginning of the track?

#465 3 years ago

Not too many Oktoberfest owners on Pinside.

86, ouch

I think I want one tho.

Any advice, warnings or praise to share?

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

86, ouch
I think I want one tho.

When you unbox a Nib Ofest you just know care has been taken by a company intent on giving you the best purchase experience and this just carries into the whole playing experience. New owner here, couldn't be happier, played perfect out the box, the team are all over pinside and the tiny audio issue I had was resolved the instant I asked for advice. The quality, loaded pf, gameplay, and support are fantastic, can't comment on older code but this game is quite frankly a masterpiece and if you're the kinda person who doesn't take stuff too seriously and has a silly sense of humor then even better!

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

86, ouch
I think I want one tho.

I have had mine for a week now and I am loving it...it is more of a shooter's game....a bit of stop and go but that doesn't bother me. Lots to do, several modes...I am finding it to be a lot of fun. I have not rated it yet as I want more time on this machine in order to be honest and objective but so far I am quite pleased. Build quality is superb. Beer-Barrel multi-ball is a blast as well as the Looper....good shaker integration. I am also enjoying the callouts...It has a fun festive atmosphere.

#468 3 years ago

Very happy to hear that you're loving your new game, JonCrox !

And you also, FtrMech !

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Very happy to hear that you're loving your new game, joncrox !
And you also, ftrmech !

I do have a question, I bought mine second hand, less than 50 games played on it (NNIB, Near New in Box)...is it possible to register it in my name? I really don't see this game leaving my collection anytime soon.

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Not an 'instant buy theme' for many, and too few have had a chance to play it, as more of a bar theme and then a family entertainment center theme. Have not really seen them coming up for sale used too often.

Quoted from FtrMech:

I do have a question, I bought mine second hand, less than 50 games played on it (NNIB, Near New in Box)...is it possible to register it in my name? I really don't see this game leaving my collection anytime soon.

Not really sure, you can go to the website and try to register the game, not sure what is required, but if you have issues registering you can open a ticket for assistance.

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not an 'instant buy theme' for many, and too few have had a chance to play it, as more of a bar theme and then a family entertainment center theme. Have not really seen them coming up for sale used too often.

Not really sure, you can go to the website and try to register the game, not sure what is required, but if you have issues registering you can open a ticket for assistance.

Thanks Rosh, I did try that...it came back saying that Serial Number was already registered. I did send an e-mail to customer support...I guess we will see. Can a warranty be extended or transferred?

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

86, ouch
I think I want one tho.

Love it...great game with lots of code and tons of things to do!

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Love it...great game with lots of code and tons of things to do!

Noiyce!

I just bought one a few min ago lol

Should arrive next week.

#474 3 years ago

I still praise this game highly after registering about 125 games on it so far

#475 3 years ago

Congrats to the new owners. By the way, the shaker and knocker are great add-ons for this game. VERY well done.

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Congrats to the new owners. By the way, the shaker and knocker are great add-ons for this game. VERY well done.

Agreed. I just added both to mine.
I really love the knocker in the shooting tents and in beer barrel multiball

#477 3 years ago

I love mine but after playing my Houdini I wish Octoberfest had a easy way to get 6 ball multiball

#478 3 years ago

Doesn’t it kind of take away the “specialness” of huge multiballs if they’re easy to get?

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Doesn’t it kind of take away the “specialness” of huge multiballs if they’re easy to get?

I don’t want it to be super easy. But with Houdini it is accomplished by stacking modes. How do I do it with Octoberfest. Please enlighten me.

#480 3 years ago

You can get to 5 ball play in Juggling by making enough shots.

Besides that, 5+ ball play is reserved for the advanced wizard modes like Stein Slinging and Flipper Meister.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I just bought one a few min ago lol

Should arrive next week.

I know you have been looking for something different and this game will not disappoint you.

When I was downsizing and adding variety this is one of 2 pins I kept, it is that awesome.

If you look at my history of games sold here, and I kept Oktoberfest over those, that has to tell you something.

Enjoy!

#482 3 years ago

I'm a German that likes beer, brats, busty women & pinball.

This should work out nicely.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You can get to 5 ball play in Juggling by making enough shots.
Besides that, 5+ ball play is reserved for the advanced wizard modes like Stein Slinging and Flipper Meister.

That is a flaw in the software imo. The average player will never see those modes. What a waste of a 6 ball troff.

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I am surprised at the small number of mods available especially with a theme that lends itself to mods...think Carnival atmosphere, Beer, Brats, Pretzels and Heart shaped Lebkuchen...Maypole, Beer.
[quoted image]

I created a free MOD on pinside called maypoles and banners. I also recommend the mini beer mugs from key chains I posted. They both add a lot. I don't see what else you could possibly squeeze into the game since every centimeter is covered in art.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from Filimurz:

I have this problem as well ever since installing the fix for the barrel flipper they sent out. There needs to be a fix for that now. No way around it,very annoying.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I created a free MOD on pinside called maypoles and banners. I also recommend the mini beer mugs from key chains I posted. They both add a lot. I don't see what else you could possibly squeeze into the game since every centimeter is covered in art.

Interesting, I was actually sourcing materials to make Maypoles that will slide over the hex posts...like a blue and white spiral "straw" cut to the length of each hex post. I am still looking for the correct inside diameter to fit....I will see what you have.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Interesting, I was actually sourcing materials to make Maypoles that will slide over the hex posts...like a blue and white spiral "straw" cut to the length of each hex post. I am still looking for the correct inside diameter to fit....I will see what you have.

That would be a nice little mod

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That is a flaw in the software imo. The average player will never see those modes. What a waste of a 6 ball troff.

i'm a good player

to be honest, i like flipping as a madman (as when having 6 balls on the PF), but with OF if you wanna play in control (and aim what need to be aimed), than 3 balls is just perfect and already hard enough to master

but OK, i see your point of view of course

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

That would be a nice little mod

And its free, I did all the work measuring already. Its been a year and it still looks the same way. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-oktoberfest-mod-maypole-and-pennants

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

And its free, I did all the work measuring already. Its been a year and it still looks the same way. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-oktoberfest-mod-maypole-and-pennants

I did your free mod when you first offered it,I love it and it’s the only mod that really works in Octoberfest,it is so loaded already,o and I also have a hot wheels duck over the u turn ramp.

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I have this problem as well ever since installing the fix for the barrel flipper they sent out. There needs to be a fix for that now. No way around it,very annoying.

I just recently set up my game, so it gave me a chance to look at this. I did some testing with the coil strength and the new coil stop. I found that I could make the ramp, with the ball basically standing still, at 20, it just makes it so 21 or 22 is probably better (keep in mind when we grab it on the magnet, we boost the power on that next flip just a bit). But 26 or 27, which is how most game have it, is likely way too hot and will result in balls flying off the ramp. so, for those having that issue, I suggest taking your power down two or three notches and see how it plays.

If you want to test things out like I did, go into Settings->Coils and engage the high power switch in the coin door. When in this set up, you will live flippers, but the various locks, scoops, etc. will release any ball that goes into it. You can either just toss the ball gently on to the flipper, or drop it into the orbit above the flipper and then shoot the ramp, obviously can take a few tries to get the shot, but then try it at lower and lower settings until you find the lowest setting you can still make the ramp. Then go up by one and save it and try playing with a few games with that setting and see what you think.

In addition, on my game, I flared out the entrance to the barrel since occasional a fast moving ball will be unsettled coming down the wire form and hit the entrance . . .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#493 3 years ago

I have a NIB en route

Do I need to replace the coil stops or did those make it onto semi-recent production games?

When I bought a Golden Tee I was basically instructed to open the trackball day one to remove some copper tape. I didn’t listen & soon learned why I was given that advice.

If there’s any must do tweaks or parts let me know please. I will implement ASAP.

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If there’s any must do tweaks or parts let me know please.

Besides help here and the stickies. Open a ticket for service on the american-pinball.com website. They maybe can check the build on your game by serial number and advise updates.

#495 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm a German that likes beer, brats, busty women & pinball.
This should work out nicely.

Who doesn't like all the above? It was a must buy for me too Curly! It's fun, you'll love it.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I just recently set up my game, so it gave me a chance to look at this. I did some testing with the coil strength and the new coil stop. I found that I could make the ramp, with the ball basically standing still, at 20, it just makes it so 21 or 22 is probably better (keep in mind when we grab it on the magnet, we boost the power on that next flip just a bit). But 26 or 27, which is how most game have it, is likely way too hot and will result in balls flying off the ramp. so, for those having that issue, I suggest taking your power down two or three notches and see how it plays.
If you want to test things out like I did, go into Settings->Coils and engage the high power switch in the coin door. When in this set up, you will live flippers, but the various locks, scoops, etc. will release any ball that goes into it. You can either just toss the ball gently on to the flipper, or drop it into the orbit above the flipper and then shoot the ramp, obviously can take a few tries to get the shot, but then try it at lower and lower settings until you find the lowest setting you can still make the ramp. Then go up by one and save it and try playing with a few games with that setting and see what you think.
In addition, on my game, I flared out the entrance to the barrel since occasional a fast moving ball will be unsettled coming down the wire form and hit the entrance . . .
[quoted image]

You know bending that ramp might be the ticket. I hate doing something like that but I can see that being a fix to the problem!

#497 3 years ago

Oktoberfest was suppose to start in 4 weeks. Unfortunately its not happening but I expect an update should happen after 9 months! Coz mentioned it 6 months ago and there are still a lot of things that need to be addresed. This 1 guy on the rotor as a place holder is pitiful. Why isn't monkey riding the rides? Oktoberfest needs to live on in pinball for 2020!

20200812_175627 (resized).jpg20200812_175627 (resized).jpg
#498 3 years ago

We put out a beta release a few months back, but we were all-hands-on-deck getting Hot Wheels ready and polished. Now that HW is out, doing great, and has had a couple post-launch updates, we have turned our sights back to the lingering beta updates... rosh on Houdini and me on Oktoberfest. Here's what's in store (a few additional things may join the list):

CHANGE LOG

20.08.13 (TEST BUILD)

NEW -- Settings > Oktoberfest > Lock Switch Compensation: if set to YES, the game will be more tolerant of erratic lock switches. Only enable if you know your lock switches are malfunctioning. ** NOTE ** changing this setting requires a game restart to take effect.
NEW -- Settings > Oktoberfest > Selection Timeout: now adjusts or disables the timer when selecting steins or tents.
NEW -- Settings > Pricing: added new pricing plans and support for Tokens.
NEW -- Settings > Replay: added Automatic Replay Percentaging.
NEW -- Attract: add score award (Replay, Extra Ball) info page to attract mode.

MODIFIED -- Beer Barrel Multiball: slightly increased scoring (again).
MODIFIED -- Boot: improved speed of powering up the game.
MODIFIED -- Calorie Coma: now shows total points earned when the mode concludes.
MODIFIED -- Coils: some defaults and ranges were adjusted; current settings will not be changed.
MODIFIED -- Coils: should be smarter about trying to free balls from devices when release doesn't immediately work; also don't retry forever so coils don't burn up.
MODIFIED -- Match: improved choreography.
MODIFIED -- Presets > Competition: now sets "Juggling Shots to Win" to 1, to discourage players from intentionally losing this tent. (Not that doing so was ever a good idea...)
MODIFIED -- Service Mode: minor improvements to UI.
MODIFIED -- Tap It: earning a replay or extra ball by score award during Tap It will skip the usual animation so the video mode isn't obscured.
MODIFIED -- Target Shooting: improved choreography.

FIXED -- Calorie Coma: scoring should now be working as intended.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: fixed a bug that could incorrectly award a player victory when their duck actually lost the race.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: losing the race should no longer cause loss of turn.
FIXED -- Duck Derby: don't allow the Derby to continue after a tilt.
FIXED -- Mystery: Points award now honors current Playfield X.
FIXED -- One Handed Play: no longer activates ball search if you hold balls on the left flipper for a long time.
FIXED -- Service Mode > Audits: now correctly tally Games Played - All Time.
FIXED -- Service Mode > Tests > Lamps: fixed a bug that could have broken normal game lighting after running Lamp Test.
FIXED -- Settings > Standard > Tilt Bob Settle Time / Tilt Warnings: now take effect immediately, instead of waiting for the next power cycle.
FIXED -- Stein and Tent Selection: cancel selection if the game is tilted while on the selection screen.

#499 3 years ago

Oh, BTW: the guy on the Rotor is joined by friends as you make more shots in the tent mode.

Also, the monkey tends to get sick on rides. You do NOT want to clean up after he rides the Rotor...

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Also, the monkey tends to get sick on rides. You do NOT want to clean up after he rides the Rotor...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-owners-10-/page/10?hl=filimurz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.